Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,237
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424623 Feb 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder who's bones were in it? It must have been someone important.
At the Cathedral of Saint Paul, MN there is some bone fragments of the Apostle Paul inside the alter. I guess the appropriate thing to do if we get to see it inside the glass, would be to light a candle and say a prayer. This sign of respect for the Saint shouldn't gross you out.
A couple weeks ago, they displayed some of the stones from Pauls tomb. It was neat seeing the very rocks that was part of this Apostles resting place.
No way. That's just one more RCC fraud.

No?

Wouldn't it be great to DNA test all of the Apostle Paul's bone fragments. The guy must have been a 50 foot tall giant to produce all the bone fragments that supposedly exist.

Why do Catholics believe that outright fraud is somehow a requirement of a "one true" church?

Do you really believe Jesus wanted a church with zero integrity and zero accountability?

Amazing.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424624 Feb 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan we have already been through this, You didn't believe the bible the first or second time fourth or fifth time.
I am not up to going through it again.
the people at the Wedding feast were already drunk, why would Jesus give them fermented wine , to contribute to their condition when the bible clearly says that drunks will not enter the Kingdom of God. Do you believe Jesus would temp someone to do something the Bible clearly said would keep them from Heaven.
Then Die on the cross . Use Common sense Clay.
"Do you believe Jesus would temp someone to do something the Bible clearly said would keep them from Heaven."

No. Thus my point is proven RE: drinking not being a sin.

Please note that Christ isn't bound by the Bible. You infer this and it isn't so. WE may be bound to Scripture, but Christ certainly exists
outside of this. Recall that He is divine.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424625 Feb 25, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
No way. That's just one more RCC fraud.
No?
Wouldn't it be great to DNA test all of the Apostle Paul's bone fragments. The guy must have been a 50 foot tall giant to produce all the bone fragments that supposedly exist.
Why do Catholics believe that outright fraud is somehow a requirement of a "one true" church?
Do you really believe Jesus wanted a church with zero integrity and zero accountability?
Amazing.
It's abundantly more accountable than the "amazing factoids" you post.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424626 Feb 25, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>nothing about tHE jail up on the hill where they enslaved Indians eitehr.
SO WHAT?
Ok.

You made that up too, I guess.

Better?

Next time, do some homework before you post BS up, unless of course you enjoy being exposed as a fraud.
endtime

AOL

#424627 Feb 25, 2013

----#---- NEXT POPE is ANTICHRIST

Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424628 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
"almost zero walk" save for the largest charitable and educational operations undertaken by any Christian faith.
The rest of your post conveniently insists that we forget that your "reformation ideals" noted had nothing to do with the civil rights you lay out.
You can have your own opinion, FM, but not your own facts.
Human rights that grew out of the Reformation... How's that?

Nice spin anyhow.

Why would any "one true church" of Jesus be against the Bill of Rights?

Why would any "one true church" of Jesus be one of the only institutions on earth to recognize the slave states during the American Civil War?

Why would any "one true church" of Jesus wait 1800+ years to officially condemn slavery anyhow?

Point being -- the RCC's supposed "perfect teachings" on morals are anything but. In fact, history says time and again that your church is a fraud.

Fake artifacts.

Fake miracles.

But it's a nice racket selling tickets to Heaven to suckers. That's impressive. When it starts promoting morals and virtue over money and power, get back to us.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424630 Feb 25, 2013
Why?

Why did it take a supposed "one-true church guided by God" decades to realize that...

... a small amount of "counselling " would NOT stop child predators within its ranks?

An RCC spokesman actually admitted recently that it took the world media to bring this decades-long (or longer) problem to their attention.

The media knew more about morality than the RCC.

What does THAT tell us?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424631 Feb 25, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Human rights that grew out of the Reformation... How's that?
Nice spin anyhow.
Why would any "one true church" of Jesus be against the Bill of Rights?
Why would any "one true church" of Jesus be one of the only institutions on earth to recognize the slave states during the American Civil War?
Why would any "one true church" of Jesus wait 1800+ years to officially condemn slavery anyhow?
Point being -- the RCC's supposed "perfect teachings" on morals are anything but. In fact, history says time and again that your church is a fraud.
Fake artifacts.
Fake miracles.
But it's a nice racket selling tickets to Heaven to suckers. That's impressive. When it starts promoting morals and virtue over money and power, get back to us.
You linked US civil law precepts with "reformnation ideals".

They aren't linked. The Reformation predated the founding of the US by several hundered years. and had not a thing to do with governance.

Your still linking them here, all while accusing me of spinning that you actually did it earlier. Talk out of one side of your mouth or the other, FM-not both.

The deists or protestants who founded the country owned slaves. Forget that small detail?

There goes that post, doesn't it? Go back to the drawing board.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424632 Feb 25, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
Why?
Why did it take a supposed "one-true church guided by God" decades to realize that...
... a small amount of "counselling " would NOT stop child predators within its ranks?
An RCC spokesman actually admitted recently that it took the world media to bring this decades-long (or longer) problem to their attention.
The media knew more about morality than the RCC.
What does THAT tell us?
It tells us that you continue to run out anecdotes without citing them as statements of fact at which we should all gaze in wonderment.

Same old routine.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#424633 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We are supposed to use the bible, LTM, not "common sense" as you insist. You tell us that all the time.
Use the Bible here. Cite where it isn't wine when it's called "wine" in scripture.
Dan yes we are to use the bible, and I do that all the time.

Your smart alec remarks, are not going to save you.
I was trying to make a point with you from the information I recieved from the Bible Gods Holy Word.
Your interpretation of the bible has no logic and you use no common sense.
Through out the bible , O.T. and N.T. God warns about getting drunk, so why would Jesus give fermented wine to a bunch of people who were already drunk.
Now try and put 2 and 2 together I am sure you will figure it out.
New wine is made from the fruit of the vine that has not been left to rotten, ferement wine is made from rotten fruit.
that is what your church feeds you rotten fruit.
Jesus body didn't rotten in the grave, and His blood isn't full of alcohol.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424634 Feb 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I was trying to make a point with you from the information I recieved from the Bible Gods Holy Word.
Through out the bible , O.T. and N.T. God warns about getting drunk, so why would Jesus give fermented wine to a bunch of people who were already drunk.
New wine is made from the fruit of the vine that has not been left to rotten, ferement wine is made from rotten fruit.
You told Clay to use "common sense" respective to a scriptural matter. What you call "smart alec", I call "reading your post".

You persist here in appealing to my "common sense" instead of simply adhereing to scripture, which you do "all the time", except when I ask you to provide it. Bible verses all day untill I ask for them. Then, you refuse to do it.

Again, for the final time, when is wine actually not wine even when the Bible calls it "wine"?

The passage in question is excerpted below. While you're finding where "wine" actually isn't "wine" when it says it is, I'd also like a citation that tells us that the guests are "already drunk". I can't seem to find that here.

Best of luck.
----------
Jesus Changes Water Into Wine

2 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him,“They have no more wine.”

4 “Woman,[a] why do you involve me?” Jesus replied.“My hour has not yet come.”

5 His mother said to the servants,“Do whatever he tells you.”

6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.[b]

7 Jesus said to the servants,“Fill the jars with water”; so they filled them to the brim.

8 Then he told them,“Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.”

They did so, 9 and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10 and said,“Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”

11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#424635 Feb 25, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, just thought about some of these people lighting candles(people in the church sell them). when I was asked if I wanted a candle, I just laughed at them. I said, the guy is dead, he dont need any light.
and if he was a Christian, then jesus provides all of the light that he needs, and if he is hell, a little candle aint gonna help him see. he aint gonna be able to find away out.
the place is morbid, clay, and if that is representqaive of what you peoeple go to, I really feel sorry for you. filthy church with filthy church leaders.
I don't know of any Church with glass cases of bones displayed. A link would be nice.
In any event, a candle would have been lit for respect while praying. Not because they thought the guy needed light.

You're pretty ignorant. I'm not knocking Southerners, but many down there don't take kindly to anything they ain't used too seeing. Everything is dumb to them because sometimes they can't grasp that other people 'might do things different' or sometimes,'might look a little different'. I know Ohio is the Midwest, but man I was in Cincinnati and they are definitely southerners there.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#424636 Feb 25, 2013
endtime wrote:
----#---- NEXT POPE is ANTICHRIST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =mXWcaR0DuWoXX
For some time we know prophecy has been coming true at a great rate.
We also know the end of the story, that Jesus reigns over His people [He is our High Priest.] NOT SOME MAN SITTING IN THE VATICAN, WHICH IN MY OPINION IS A CESSPOOL OF EVIL FROM THE VERY BEGINNING.
Whatever falls on the catholic church, is up to God.
We who belong to Jesus keep your eyes on HIM.
Have no fear because fear is believing the devils lies.
"FEAR NOT JESUS SAYS ALL THESE THINGS MUST TAKE PLACE"
I am looking for the up taker, not the under taker.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424637 Feb 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know of any Church with glass cases of bones displayed. A link would be nice.
In any event, a candle would have been lit for respect while praying. Not because they thought the guy needed light.
You're pretty ignorant. I'm not knocking Southerners, but many down there don't take kindly to anything they ain't used too seeing. Everything is dumb to them because sometimes they can't grasp that other people 'might do things different' or sometimes,'might look a little different'. I know Ohio is the Midwest, but man I was in Cincinnati and they are definitely southerners there.
He's not ignorant. You're giving him too much credit.

He was just lying.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424638 Feb 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling us that the Bible doesn't say what it clearly DOES say, and inserting things into it ("already drunk") when none exist is the "rotten fruit" I'd be more concerned about if I was you, LTM.

"yes we are to use the bible, and I do that all the time".

Yeah. Right.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#424639 Feb 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrupt Saints on Display
•St. Andrew Bobola
Church of St. Andrew Bobola, Warsaw, Poland
Died in 1657, discovered incorrupt 1697.
•St. Bernadette Soubirous
Convent of St. Gildard, Nevers, France
The visionary of Lourdes, died 1879. Surely the most beautiful corpse you'll ever see (with some help from wax).
•Mother Cabriani
Mother Cabrini High School Chapel, New York City, USA
Italian-born nun, died in Chicago 1917.
•St. Catherine Labouré
Chapel, Rue du Bac, Paris, France
A Mary visionary, exhumed after 56 years.
•St. Catherine of Bologna
Died 1463, has been on display in an upright position for over 500 years.
•St. Clare of Assisi
Basilica di Santa Chiara, Assisi, Italy
Died 1253.
•St. Clare of Montefalco
Church of the Holy Cross, Montefalco, Italy
Body and heart with cross imprint enshrined separately.
•Dashi-Dorzho Itigilov
Ivolginsky Datsan, Siberia, Russia
A rare Buddhist example: a monk who died in the lotus position in 1927 and remains seated and undecayed today.
•St. Etheldreda
St Etheldreda’s Catholic Church, Ely, England
Just her hand is on display.
•St. Francis Xavier
Basilica of Bom Jesus, Goa, India
Most of incorrupt body on display in a silver casket.
•St. John Vianney
Shrine of St. John Vianney, Ars, France
Beloved parish priest of Ars, died 1859, exhumed 1904.
•St. Padre Pio
San Giovanni Rotondo, Southern Italy
Died 1968. Exhumed and temporarily(?) on display from April 24, 2008 to mark the 40th anniversary of his death.
•Pope John XXIII
St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican City
On display in a glass casket.
•Blessed Paula Frassinetti
Chapel of the Convent of Santa Dorotea in Rome, Italy
Died in 1882, exhumed 1906.
•St. Rita of Cascia
Basilica of St Rita, Cascia, Italy
The patron saint of hopeless cases, died 1457. Her body has been seen in different positions in the glass case and her eyes have opened and closed unaided.
•St. Sperandia
Benedictine Convent, Cingoli, Italy
Died 1276, exhumed eight times, the last in 1952. Said to exude a sweet fragrance ("odor of sanctity").
•St. Teresa Margaret
Monastery of St. Teresa, Florence, Italy
Died 1770, exhumed 1783.
•St. Vincent Pallotti
Church of St. Salvatore, Onda, Italy
Died 1850, exhumed 1906 and 1950.
•St. Zita
Basilica of St. Frediano, Lucca, Italy
Died 1278.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424640 Feb 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrupt Saints on Display
•St. Andrew Bobola
Church of St. Andrew Bobola, Warsaw, Poland
Died in 1657, discovered incorrupt 1697.
•St. Bernadette Soubirous
Convent of St. Gildard, Nevers, France
The visionary of Lourdes, died 1879. Surely the most beautiful corpse you'll ever see (with some help from wax).
•Mother Cabriani
Mother Cabrini High School Chapel, New York City, USA
Italian-born nun, died in Chicago 1917.
•St. Catherine Labouré
Chapel, Rue du Bac, Paris, France
A Mary visionary, exhumed after 56 years.
•St. Catherine of Bologna
Died 1463, has been on display in an upright position for over 500 years.
•St. Clare of Assisi
Basilica di Santa Chiara, Assisi, Italy
Died 1253.
•St. Clare of Montefalco
Church of the Holy Cross, Montefalco, Italy
Body and heart with cross imprint enshrined separately.
•Dashi-Dorzho Itigilov
Ivolginsky Datsan, Siberia, Russia
A rare Buddhist example: a monk who died in the lotus position in 1927 and remains seated and undecayed today.
•St. Etheldreda
St Etheldreda’s Catholic Church, Ely, England
Just her hand is on display.
•St. Francis Xavier
Basilica of Bom Jesus, Goa, India
Most of incorrupt body on display in a silver casket.
•St. John Vianney
Shrine of St. John Vianney, Ars, France
Beloved parish priest of Ars, died 1859, exhumed 1904.
•St. Padre Pio
San Giovanni Rotondo, Southern Italy
Died 1968. Exhumed and temporarily(?) on display from April 24, 2008 to mark the 40th anniversary of his death.
•Pope John XXIII
St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican City
On display in a glass casket.
•Blessed Paula Frassinetti
Chapel of the Convent of Santa Dorotea in Rome, Italy
Died in 1882, exhumed 1906.
•St. Rita of Cascia
Basilica of St Rita, Cascia, Italy
The patron saint of hopeless cases, died 1457. Her body has been seen in different positions in the glass case and her eyes have opened and closed unaided.
•St. Sperandia
Benedictine Convent, Cingoli, Italy
Died 1276, exhumed eight times, the last in 1952. Said to exude a sweet fragrance ("odor of sanctity").
•St. Teresa Margaret
Monastery of St. Teresa, Florence, Italy
Died 1770, exhumed 1783.
•St. Vincent Pallotti
Church of St. Salvatore, Onda, Italy
Died 1850, exhumed 1906 and 1950.
•St. Zita
Basilica of St. Frediano, Lucca, Italy
Died 1278.
Thanks for the help. No source cited, but..

Now, where's that exposition you owe us on John 2 1-11-the one where "wine" isn't "wine" and the wedding guests at Cana are "already drunk"?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#424641 Feb 25, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Its having the humility to leave judgment to God and not think that you are better than everyone else.
So...Catholics, having only hope of going to Heaven, having no assurance, as guaranteed by God, can sleep at night because they have the humility to leave judgment to God and not think that they are better than everyone else...

How enlightening!!!!! Thanks for the info...
preston

Waverly, OH

#424642 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.
You made that up too, I guess.
Better?
Next time, do some homework before you post BS up, unless of course you enjoy being exposed as a fraud.
WHEN DID YOU EXPOSE ME dAN?
preston

Waverly, OH

#424643 Feb 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL AROUND HERE, WE DONT LIGHT CANDLES FOR DEAD MEN BONES.

but alongside those bones were a helmut and some body armor that goes back hundreds of years ago, remember that also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Cultastic 8,508
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 11 hr Miss New Thing 3
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE