Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,705
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424582 Feb 25, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You said (and I quote) "if a person is saved, they will go to heaven" , but now you must struggle to add to your previous statement by adding that a person " must STAY saved".
It seems that you are too stupid to even see that you are changing what you stated in the first place.
So are you NOW trying to tell us that a person who is 'saved by grace' must now somehow maintain thier salvation 'by works'?
Like I said. That was a ridiculous statement coming from you.
Do you believe that one can or cannot lose their salvation?

A person who undergoes a believer's baptism has license to undertake sinful acts as his/her salvation is not a matter of doubt?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424583 Feb 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
```
I have not given you any thing that a real Christian should have to quibble about..
I have given you BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSES FROM THE BIBLE...
~~~
SINCE YOU REFUSE THE BIBLE (THE INERRANT WORD OF GOD )and attempted to
write your own...
you evidently are a WORSHIPER of strange gods... you are the one
that is the problem...because you refuse the eternal solution.
CHRIST WITH YOU is your only HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE..all else is
inconsequential VAIN JINGLING.
Can you show us where Clay "refused the bible"?

I missed it, and Clay probably did also.
preston

Waverly, OH

#424584 Feb 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch. Really? You entered a Catholic Church once and became grossed out! That's called ignorance I think.
it was teh very famous church in Tucson, Az that I wlaked into. first of all, I couldnt stand the stench of all of those candles,

and then to wlk over and see some poor mans bones in a glass tomb and people lighting candles for whatever reason, the guy was dead so candles were not going to light his abode whereever that might be.

JUST GROSSED ME RIGHT OUT.

I WOULDNT STEP INSIDE ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR CATHOLIC CHURCHS UNLESS GOD MADE ME TOO.
preston

Waverly, OH

#424585 Feb 25, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You said (and I quote) "if a person is saved, they will go to heaven" , but now you must struggle to add to your previous statement by adding that a person " must STAY saved".
It seems that you are too stupid to even see that you are changing what you stated in the first place.
So are you NOW trying to tell us that a person who is 'saved by grace' must now somehow maintain thier salvation 'by works'?
guess that I must milk read little ole you.lol.

if a person(me) is saved when they die, they will go to Heaven.

that is as clear as I can help you.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424586 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
AFTER ALL OF YOUR MOCK REVERENCE AND PIOUS PLATITUDES THAT YOU DISPLAY IN YOU MAUSOLEUM FOR THE DEAD SAINTS AND THEIR STATUES AND YOUR RELICS...
THE CONGREGANTS FILE OUT WITH NO FELLOWSHIP WITH OTHER..OR GATHER FOR BINGO..
SOME HEAD FOR THE NEAREST PUB AND GET STONED...
OTHERS HEAD TO THE BROTHEL.
AND THE PRIEST ( as many have )PROCEEDS TO SODOMIZES A CHILD, OR THE
ACTIVITY OF HOMOSEXUALITY...RIGHT
Holiness and righteous is left on the door step...or hung UP like a
coat in the vestibule ...until the next scheduled form of godliness
RIGHT?
"THE CONGREGANTS FILE OUT WITH NO FELLOWSHIP WITH OTHER..OR GATHER FOR BINGO.."

The Bingo gathering reads like "fellowship" to me, GIF.

So does going to a bar for a drink with one's friends.

Neither are bad acts.

You, on the other hand, would refuse an overture to attend either event, instead going home to sit by yourself.

What was that about "fellowship" again?
preston

Waverly, OH

#424587 Feb 25, 2013
4GVN wrote:
forgot to add, I dont say that a person [must work out their Salvation],

BUT THE BIBLE DOES.LOL

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence,

[work out your own salvation]

with fear and trembling.

AND SO IT SEEMS THAT YOU ARE "TO SRTUPID" TO KNOW WHAT GOD SAYS AND OBEY HIS WORD.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424588 Feb 25, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>it was teh very famous church in Tucson, Az that I wlaked into. first of all, I couldnt stand the stench of all of those candles,
and then to wlk over and see some poor mans bones in a glass tomb and people lighting candles for whatever reason, the guy was dead so candles were not going to light his abode whereever that might be.
I WOULDNT STEP INSIDE ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR CATHOLIC CHURCHS UNLESS GOD MADE ME TOO.
"stench of all those candles"?

They don't use scented candles.

"Glass tomb"?

I'm calling BS. You've never been in a Catholic Church with a dead guy under glass.

What "very famous church in Tucson, AZ"?
preston

Waverly, OH

#424589 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"THE CONGREGANTS FILE OUT WITH NO FELLOWSHIP WITH OTHER..OR GATHER FOR BINGO.."
The Bingo gathering reads like "fellowship" to me, GIF.
So does going to a bar for a drink with one's friends.
Neither are bad acts.
You, on the other hand, would refuse an overture to attend either event, instead going home to sit by yourself.
What was that about "fellowship" again?
there is NO DIFFERENCE between getting drunk at a bingo catholic "gathering" or wallowing in sin at the local honky tonk getting plastered.

that certainly doesnt qualify in my book as "worshipping" God and bringing "honor" to His Name.
preston

Waverly, OH

#424590 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that one can or cannot lose their salvation?
A person who undergoes a believer's baptism has license to undertake sinful acts as his/her salvation is not a matter of doubt?
guess you werent here right before John from NJ died and this joker(4bdn) asked John to participate in a homosexual act towards him.he owns the filthist mouth on this board just a little bit above the sda satanic follower
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#424591 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>
```
I have not given you any thing that a real Christian should have to quibble about..
I have given you BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSES FROM THE BIBLE...
~~~
SINCE YOU REFUSE THE BIBLE (THE INERRANT WORD OF GOD )and attempted to
write your own...
you evidently are a WORSHIPER of strange gods... you are the one
that is the problem...because you refuse the eternal solution.
CHRIST WITH YOU is your only HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE..all else is
inconsequential VAIN JINGLING.
Cut with the fire and brimstone crap. You're not an authority so do not tell me what I believe or who i worship. You're welcomed to ask me what I believe. But do not tell me.
Why do you dodge the sola scriptural mess you're in?
You and Preston are on the same page (I think) what it comes to attaining salvation. Faith+ works?

4gvn and Chuck say you're wrong. OSAS...you cannot lose it.
Why not acknowledge that one team is going against the very will of Jesus Christ and likely will be held accountable for it. You people are supposed to be together in theology. You were born again and the Holy Spirit is leading you to truth.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424592 Feb 25, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>there is NO DIFFERENCE between getting drunk at a bingo catholic "gathering" or wallowing in sin at the local honky tonk getting plastered.
that certainly doesnt qualify in my book as "worshipping" God and bringing "honor" to His Name.
GIF didn't mention drinking at Bingo, nor did I.

Drinking isn't a sin anyway.

GIF mentioned "fellowship". So did I.

Who said Bingo was a form of worship? No one.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#424594 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
AFTER ALL OF YOUR MOCK REVERENCE AND PIOUS PLATITUDES THAT YOU DISPLAY IN YOU MAUSOLEUM FOR THE DEAD SAINTS AND THEIR STATUES AND YOUR RELICS...
THE CONGREGANTS FILE OUT WITH NO FELLOWSHIP WITH OTHER..OR GATHER FOR BINGO..
SOME HEAD FOR THE NEAREST PUB AND GET STONED...
OTHERS HEAD TO THE BROTHEL.
AND THE PRIEST ( as many have )PROCEEDS TO SODOMIZES A CHILD, OR THE
ACTIVITY OF HOMOSEXUALITY...RIGHT
Holiness and righteous is left on the door step...or hung UP like a
coat in the vestibule ...until the next scheduled form of godliness
RIGHT?
Wow. I think you might have gotten that wrong. Lol. Goodness Confrint, are you ok today? Just condemn a few of us to hell, maybe that will cheer you up.
I will pray for you and Kay.
preston

Waverly, OH

#424595 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"stench of all those candles"?
They don't use scented candles.
"Glass tomb"?
I'm calling BS. You've never been in a Catholic Church with a dead guy under glass.
What "very famous church in Tucson, AZ"?
guess it hasnt changed from 10 years ago.

stink-o-rama
Provided by YPmobile

i live in tucson and i use to go to the mission when i was little... i havent gone in over 10 years and greatly disappointed with its up keep. i actually went today 10/2/11 and used the womens restroom mind you and it stunk like a mens urinal in a bar i wanted to puke i was embarrassed.

same link.lol
preston

Waverly, OH

#424596 Feb 25, 2013
and when you look at the pictures, to the left of it and up a little hill is the jail where they imprisoned the Papago Indians.

sorry but to the left of the church, our right.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424597 Feb 25, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>guess it hasnt changed from 10 years ago.
stink-o-rama
Provided by YPmobile
i live in tucson and i use to go to the mission when i was little... i havent gone in over 10 years and greatly disappointed with its up keep. i actually went today 10/2/11 and used the womens restroom mind you and it stunk like a mens urinal in a bar i wanted to puke i was embarrassed.
same link.lol
So, the whole smelly candles thing and guy under glass WAS BS.

Thanks.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424598 Feb 25, 2013
preston wrote:
and when you look at the pictures, to the left of it and up a little hill is the jail where they imprisoned the Papago Indians.
sorry but to the left of the church, our right.
What church?

You've failed to name it.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#424599 Feb 25, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>it was teh very famous church in Tucson, Az that I wlaked into. first of all, I couldnt stand the stench of all of those candles,
I wonder who's bones were in it? It must have been someone important.
At the Cathedral of Saint Paul, MN there is some bone fragments of the Apostle Paul inside the alter. I guess the appropriate thing to do if we get to see it inside the glass, would be to light a candle and say a prayer. This sign of respect for the Saint shouldn't gross you out.
A couple weeks ago, they displayed some of the stones from Pauls tomb. It was neat seeing the very rocks that was part of this Apostles resting place.
preston

Waverly, OH

#424600 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the whole smelly candles thing and guy under glass WAS BS.
Thanks.
prove my words are incorrect. ok?

to me the whole place was a piece of crap being readied to remove.my stables dont stink that much.

and the bones were in a enclave on the left side as you entered..
preston

Waverly, OH

#424601 Feb 25, 2013
Dan, I gave you this link 17 minutes ago. if you didnt look or read my posts, then shut up about it.

http://www.yellowpages.com/tuc son-az/mip/san-xavier-del-bac- mission-4199812?lid=4199812.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424602 Feb 25, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>prove my words are incorrect. ok?
to me the whole place was a piece of crap being readied to remove.my stables dont stink that much.
and the bones were in a enclave on the left side as you entered..
I'll do it in a minute.

Identify the Church in question, in Tuscon, AZ, where someone's bones were on display under glass in an enclave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 8 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE