Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,174
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

United States

#424477 Feb 24, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one of the two of us speculating.
You said he had not been baptized.
My statement was - who really knows.
Who's speculating here?
True. But I'm not the sola scripture guy. You are.

I concur he COULD have. But most of you guys believe if he was, it would say so in scripture.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#424478 Feb 24, 2013
465 388
preston wrote:
<quoted text>not my fault if you get roiled.
I did not ask you if you are the cause if I get roiled...

I did ask: Are you saying because they were baptized by John, they were saved, and when they received the Holy Ghost, they were saved again???

Why can you not answer my question???
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#424479 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>EVERYBODY.
Salvation comes from beleiving in Jesus Christa and Accepting His Sacrifice on the Cross of Calvary, when He shed His Blood for the sins of the Whole World.
the blood my fan, the Blood.
if is was only water, then His death was in vain. but the time came when the WORD of John Baptising for the remission of sin,
ENDED!!!!!!!!
how some time ago, old campbell and stone decided that they needed to go back in time and introduce Water Baptism again as the only way to gain admission into heaven.
and I must admit, that satan has reigned supreme in your church.SINCE THEN.
(Acts 2:38)- when did Baptism for remission of sins end?

Oh,'there is much water, what hindereth me from being baptized?'
preston

Waverly, OH

#424480 Feb 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How are your sins forgiven, Preston???
Do you wish them away???
Do you write them down and put them in a bottle and send them by the seas???
Do you pray them away???
Do you hope that your sins will just go away and leave you alone???
How do you die to all of these sins???
Hank, campbell didnt believe in a know so Salvation based on feelings. WHY DONT YOU QUESTION THAT TYPE OF ATTITUDE?

then you would know what we Christians already know.

I knew that I was saved at that altar on 8/25/82 around 9:00 on a Wed night. How? because I felt(something that campbell says you cant have)the Blood of Jesus, and I [felt] and [knew]that I was a different person when I stood up, and others [knew} that God had done a work on me and inside of me.

now the Bible says that old things are passed away and all things become new.

so that means that what I used to do, I wouldnt do again, AND I HAVENT.

and 9 months and three days later, I was Baptised in Water.

I HAD SOMETHING TO PROVE TO PEOPLE, THAT I HAD REALLY BEEN SAVED, IT WASNT JUST EMOTIONAL, IT WAS REAL. and so I grew in Grace and Knowledge of the Lord, and all of the people around here [knew] that God had done a work in me.and in may 1983, I preached my first Sermon.

old things had surely passed away, from being a vile sinner into becoming a minister of the Gospel.
Clay

United States

#424481 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>According to St. John Chrysostom, the thief dwelt in the desert and robbed or murdered anyone unlucky enough to cross his path. According to Pope Saint Gregory the Great he "was guilty of blood, even his brother's blood; (fratricide)".[3][4][5]
The thief's conversion is sometimes given as an example of the necessary steps one must take to arrive at salvation through Christ: awareness of personal sin, repentance of sin, acceptance of Christ and salvation's promise of eternal life. Further, the argument is presented that baptism is not necessary for salvation since the thief had no opportunity for it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Dismas .
and everybody ; DONT BELIEVE THE WORDS OF CLAY. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT THIS NAME IS THE NAME OF THE MALEFACTOR. THIS NAME WAS GIVEN OVER 300 YEARS AFTER THE FACT AND IT ONE OF THEIR (TRADITIONS), NOT BASED ON BIBLICAL FACTS OR TRUTHS.
Lol Preston. We call the theif 'Dismus'. No Catholic can say irrefutably if that's what his Mom named him. But so what? There is some evidence his name was Dismus and there is some its not.
Its no big deal. You people never would have known there was a theif next to Christ on the cross had it not been for the Catholic Church preserving that gospel account and safeguarding it until you guys showed up and 'took over'.
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#424482 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>here is a good question for you since you campbellites follow the Bible, show me the verse where Peter was Baptised by Water.lol
We're not baptized like Peter was in Acts 2. He definitely TAUGHT it in Acts 2.
Additionally, I don't recall reading any scripture to suggest Peter ever used the bathroom, but it doesn't mean he didn't.
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#424483 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>show us where Peter spoke in tongues when Jesus breathed on him and he received the Holy Ghost.
that gift is for the unbelievers to show them that it is Real. it doesnt mean that all people speak in tongues.
MY EXPERIENCE IS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE AND NOTHING WAS SAID IN JOHN 7 37-39 THAT I WOULD SPEAK IN TONGUES AND I NEVER HAVE
Holey stomach openings with drying water flowing out!
preston

Waverly, OH

#424484 Feb 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
John 7:39
39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.
cross references:
Joel 2:28
28 “And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.
Acts 2:17
17 “‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
Acts 2:33
33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.
John 20:22
22 And with that he breathed on them and said,“Receive the Holy Spirit.
John 12:23
23 Jesus replied,“The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.
Holy Spirit Baptism.....not a command to all men of all time.
go back and read the earlier words of John in chapter 7. for he speaks of a person[like me] who has a thirst for righteousness. the sinner doesnt have that and so it follows that Jesus was speaking about a person ALREADY SAVED. geesh.

Hank, there isnt ONE verse that will ever agree with your false teachings and it is a shame that you have fell for it lock, stock and barrel
preston

Waverly, OH

#424485 Feb 24, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
3000 received remission of sins through repentance and baptism in Acts 2:38
they received the Holy Ghost because they heard the Word of God being Preached to them by Peter, and then they were Baptised in water. case closed. 4 U.

For whosoever shall call[NO MENTION OF WATER BAPTISM, JUST PRAYER] upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent?

it truly is pathetic and sad that you and hank do the work of satan to try and blind the eyes of those who might be unsaved, reading these words on this forum.
Clay

United States

#424486 Feb 24, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read in 1 Cor 11 how the corinthians were sinning against the body and blood of the Lord?
Yes. They were gathering together for Mass and eating too much bread and drinking too much wine...getting drunk. They did not quite understand they were participating in the Holy Eucharist. Paul corrected them.
You side with the Corinthians in your views of the bread and wine as a cute symbol. If Paul were here, he'd scold you for passing the kool-aid out to whomever wanted it.(not to mention he'd give you a tongue lashing for the countless other teachings you invented and/or took out of context from him.
preston

Waverly, OH

#424487 Feb 24, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
(Acts 2:38)- when did Baptism for remission of sins end?
Oh,'there is much water, what hindereth me from being baptized?'
Phillip Preached(told) to him who the writer was describing, and He believed, then he was Baptised,

NOT BEFORE.LOL
preston

Waverly, OH

#424488 Feb 24, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Holey stomach openings with drying water flowing out!
WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED THAT A CULT FOLLOWER WOULD BLASPHEME THE WORD OF GOD.

JESUS SAID IT. I experienced it.

and while you spend eternity in hell, you will have lots of time to ponder on it.
Clay

United States

#424489 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, have you ever heard of augustine. he was one of the founders of the early campbellite churches, didnt you know?
Augustine of Hippo does not name the thief, but wonders if he might not have been baptized at some point.[6]
Its ok for Augustine to wonder if the theif was Baptized before. The gospels do not say either way. We can only wonder.
For now, based on Bible alone, the theif would have been one person from the NT not baptized - who received salvation.

Frankly, if God is indeed love, then I don't see Him throwing people to hell who never had the fair opportunity to learn about Jesus and decide to reject Him or not.
I know the born again movement teaches that all non Christians now , and for the the last 2,000 yrs, are condemned to hell. But you guys do not get to dictate their fate. Only God can.
Clay

United States

#424490 Feb 24, 2013
Looks like I'm getting in the way of the non-Catholics fighting about scripture verses again.
Sorry, don't mind me. When you're done slamming our Holy Scriptures in each others faces, I'll come back.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#424491 Feb 24, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Um ... Marge...?
Ahat Oxbow means to say (I'm pretty sure, and don't you *dare* attribute it to me, because I *don't* agree) is that,
"As Jesus is no longer here on earth, Jesus no longer has the authority to forgive sins.".
Did you REALLY mean to give an AMEN ... to ... THAT?
???
Rob
Robbie...

You lied...As an ex expert liar with forty years experience, I have some advice for you. When you tell a lie....be sure it cannot be proven a lie...

I never said, insinuated, suggested, that Jesus no longer has the authority to forgive sins....show me my words that you say I did so...
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#424492 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>Phillip Preached(told) to him who the writer was describing, and He believed, then he was Baptised,
NOT BEFORE.LOL
Who is ever baptized before they believe? Who has EVER suggested such?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#424493 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED THAT A CULT FOLLOWER WOULD BLASPHEME THE WORD OF GOD.
JESUS SAID IT. I experienced it.
and while you spend eternity in hell, you will have lots of time to ponder on it.
Didn't you correct someone a couple of days ago suggesting that Jesus was speaking from a spiritual standpoint and not a physical one? I don't suppose that could apply to the drying water that flowed freely out of the openings that came forth from your stomach.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#424494 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>they received the Holy Ghost because they heard the Word of God being Preached to them by Peter, and then they were Baptised in water. case closed. 4 U.
For whosoever shall call[NO MENTION OF WATER BAPTISM, JUST PRAYER] upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent?
it truly is pathetic and sad that you and hank do the work of satan to try and blind the eyes of those who might be unsaved, reading these words on this forum.
I agree they were told to call upon the name of The Lord in Acts 2, then a few verses later Peter told them HOW to call upon the name of The Lord in Acts 2:38.
preston

Waverly, OH

#424495 Feb 24, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is ever baptized before they believe? Who has EVER suggested such?
Never mind, it is over your head which is why you will split hell wide open
preston

Waverly, OH

#424496 Feb 24, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you correct someone a couple of days ago suggesting that Jesus was speaking from a spiritual standpoint and not a physical one? I don't suppose that could apply to the drying water that flowed freely out of the openings that came forth from your stomach.
please show the post that you are referring to.I cant answer when I dont know what was being discussed.

as far as my receiving the Holy Ghost, Of course it was spiritual as well as a Physical Experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr So Done 8,300
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... 19 hr Barbarian 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Sep 18 Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE