Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603482 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Ames, IA

#424462 Feb 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
-"For I received from the Lord what I also deliver to you"
-"Do THIS in remembrance of me"
-"THIS is my Body"
-"He who partakes in the bread and wine unworthy, will be sinning against THE BODY AND BLOOD of the Lord"
youtube.com/watch...
Did you read in 1 Cor 11 how the corinthians were sinning against the body and blood of the Lord?
preston

Waverly, OH

#424463 Feb 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
My oh my.... we leave you protestant alone and you become more protestant.#witheachother.
God Bless Pope B-16!!
www.romereports.com/palio/saying-farewell-to-...
February 24, 2013,( Romereports.com )(-ONLY VIDEO-)
“The Lord is calling me 'out to the mountain' to devote more time to prayer and meditation, but this does not mean I'm abandoning the Church. In fact, if God is asking this of me, it's precisely to continue serving the Church with the same dedication and love with which I have served so far, but in a way that's more suited for my age and strength.”
--------Pope Benedict XVI
VATICAN CITY, Feb. 24, 2013
More than 100,000 pilgrims came to St. Peter's Square today to attend Pope Benedict XVI's last Sunday prayer and blessing. The crowd interrupted the pope several times with applause, but Benedict was business as usual.
Apparently he is not big on goodbyes.
This was the last time the world will see him in the window for his Sunday noon appointment with the faithful.
nothinjg has changed for us star,we still stand against false teachings, catholic or campbellites, or sda. whatever.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424464 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>show us where Peter spoke in tongues when Jesus breathed on him and he received the Holy Ghost.
that gift is for the unbelievers to show them that it is Real. it doesnt mean that all people speak in tongues.
MY EXPERIENCE IS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE AND NOTHING WAS SAID IN JOHN 7 37-39 THAT I WOULD SPEAK IN TONGUES AND I NEVER HAVE
John 7:39

39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

cross references:

Joel 2:28

28 “And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.

Acts 2:17

17 “‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.

Acts 2:33

33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

John 20:22

22 And with that he breathed on them and said,“Receive the Holy Spirit.

John 12:23

23 Jesus replied,“The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.

Holy Spirit Baptism.....not a command to all men of all time.
preston

Waverly, OH

#424465 Feb 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You got my interest..
Quote: and no one can say that they were unsaved until jesus told them to Receive the Holy Ghost. I just dont believe that!
Are you saying because they were baptized by John, they were saved, and when they received the Holy Ghost, they were saved again???
not my fault if you get roiled.
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#424466 Feb 24, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
One does not receive Salvation through water baptism Sabanfan, it is through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
Gal 3:21
He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.
Marge, he was talking to Christians. Those people at Galatia were already part of the Lord's church.

By faith they HAD received the spirit through baptism just as the 3000 at Pentecost did.(Acts 2:38).
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#424467 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>then tell us how, Hank, you campbellites think you have all the answers.
which is WHY for all the years that you have been on here, that you have named PLENTY of people that received Salvation by being baptised ,right?
3000 received remission of sins through repentance and baptism in Acts 2:38
preston

Waverly, OH

#424468 Feb 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You think the thief might have been Baptized by John before being crucified?
Wow. So much for Sola Scripture. You guys like to speculate too much to be considered sola scripturist!
lol, have you ever heard of augustine. he was one of the founders of the early campbellite churches, didnt you know?

Augustine of Hippo does not name the thief, but wonders if he might not have been baptized at some point.[6]

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#424469 Feb 24, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
I get the feeling that there are some that are drinking the holy water instead of just dipping their fingers in it!!!

"VIII. I Will Be Saved (future event)

Mark 16:16 – Jesus says whoever believes and is baptized will be saved.

Ain't that what I said?????
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#424470 Feb 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You think the thief might have been Baptized by John before being crucified?
Wow. So much for Sola Scripture. You guys like to speculate too much to be considered sola scripturist!
I'm not the one of the two of us speculating.

You said he had not been baptized.

My statement was - who really knows.

Who's speculating here?
preston

Waverly, OH

#424471 Feb 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What have I to divert???
All of your answers are in the Word of God...
when will you show us from that Word, ONE NAME of any person saved by Water Baptised.

your church LOVES TO BRAG that it follows the complete teachings of that Word and YOU CANT FIND ME ONE LITTLE NAME.

HOW COME?

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT YOUR CHURCH REALLY DOESNT FOLLOW JESUS AND HIS WORD?

I THINK SO.

and the answer to an earlier question is no, and that question confirms when the heat gets turned up, you tried to divert by asking about a horse.lol
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#424472 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>EVERYBODY.
Salvation comes from beleiving in Jesus Christa and Accepting His Sacrifice on the Cross of Calvary, when He shed His Blood for the sins of the Whole World.
the blood my fan, the Blood.
if is was only water, then His death was in vain. but the time came when the WORD of John Baptising for the remission of sin,
ENDED!!!!!!!!
how some time ago, old campbell and stone decided that they needed to go back in time and introduce Water Baptism again as the only way to gain admission into heaven.
and I must admit, that satan has reigned supreme in your church.SINCE THEN.
So no one was baptized under the new covenant?

Location hidden

#424473 Feb 24, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Was I wrong to say our sin condemns us?
If our sins do indeed condemn us...we are all going to the devil's domain!!!!

Quote: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#424474 Feb 24, 2013

Thank you Constantine for starting the RCC and the Dark Ages when the Bible, the light to the world, was banned.

Location hidden

#424475 Feb 24, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
One does not receive Salvation through water baptism Sabanfan, it is through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
Gal 3:21
He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.
All.....none were baptized and then saved!!!!!
preston

Waverly, OH

#424476 Feb 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
When you get yelled at and called names, a long time ago, why bother???
A person's mind is already made up then there is no sense of trying.....
dont go there FRIEND.

I aint the person that went searching on other forums to try and prove how vile a person named the rev and the cowboy wa.

and what did you find? you found me speaking out against some guy that was giving Griifey Jr. a rough time. and all becuase he actually was hurt and I defended him.

and I did it even tho his church affilation was as a catholic and i knew that, and you found out that even on the Jewish forum, that I stood for the Truth, and even my enemies respected me for that.

so {why bother}?

because you ,and your church, makes claims that cant be backed up by the Word of God.and for that reason and that reason only, I withstand you, other than that, I have a lot of respect for you and you know it.
Clay

United States

#424477 Feb 24, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one of the two of us speculating.
You said he had not been baptized.
My statement was - who really knows.
Who's speculating here?
True. But I'm not the sola scripture guy. You are.

I concur he COULD have. But most of you guys believe if he was, it would say so in scripture.

Location hidden

#424478 Feb 24, 2013
465 388
preston wrote:
<quoted text>not my fault if you get roiled.
I did not ask you if you are the cause if I get roiled...

I did ask: Are you saying because they were baptized by John, they were saved, and when they received the Holy Ghost, they were saved again???

Why can you not answer my question???
Saban fan

Duluth, GA

#424479 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>EVERYBODY.
Salvation comes from beleiving in Jesus Christa and Accepting His Sacrifice on the Cross of Calvary, when He shed His Blood for the sins of the Whole World.
the blood my fan, the Blood.
if is was only water, then His death was in vain. but the time came when the WORD of John Baptising for the remission of sin,
ENDED!!!!!!!!
how some time ago, old campbell and stone decided that they needed to go back in time and introduce Water Baptism again as the only way to gain admission into heaven.
and I must admit, that satan has reigned supreme in your church.SINCE THEN.
(Acts 2:38)- when did Baptism for remission of sins end?

Oh,'there is much water, what hindereth me from being baptized?'
preston

Waverly, OH

#424480 Feb 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How are your sins forgiven, Preston???
Do you wish them away???
Do you write them down and put them in a bottle and send them by the seas???
Do you pray them away???
Do you hope that your sins will just go away and leave you alone???
How do you die to all of these sins???
Hank, campbell didnt believe in a know so Salvation based on feelings. WHY DONT YOU QUESTION THAT TYPE OF ATTITUDE?

then you would know what we Christians already know.

I knew that I was saved at that altar on 8/25/82 around 9:00 on a Wed night. How? because I felt(something that campbell says you cant have)the Blood of Jesus, and I [felt] and [knew]that I was a different person when I stood up, and others [knew} that God had done a work on me and inside of me.

now the Bible says that old things are passed away and all things become new.

so that means that what I used to do, I wouldnt do again, AND I HAVENT.

and 9 months and three days later, I was Baptised in Water.

I HAD SOMETHING TO PROVE TO PEOPLE, THAT I HAD REALLY BEEN SAVED, IT WASNT JUST EMOTIONAL, IT WAS REAL. and so I grew in Grace and Knowledge of the Lord, and all of the people around here [knew] that God had done a work in me.and in may 1983, I preached my first Sermon.

old things had surely passed away, from being a vile sinner into becoming a minister of the Gospel.
Clay

United States

#424481 Feb 24, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>According to St. John Chrysostom, the thief dwelt in the desert and robbed or murdered anyone unlucky enough to cross his path. According to Pope Saint Gregory the Great he "was guilty of blood, even his brother's blood; (fratricide)".[3][4][5]
The thief's conversion is sometimes given as an example of the necessary steps one must take to arrive at salvation through Christ: awareness of personal sin, repentance of sin, acceptance of Christ and salvation's promise of eternal life. Further, the argument is presented that baptism is not necessary for salvation since the thief had no opportunity for it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Dismas .
and everybody ; DONT BELIEVE THE WORDS OF CLAY. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT THIS NAME IS THE NAME OF THE MALEFACTOR. THIS NAME WAS GIVEN OVER 300 YEARS AFTER THE FACT AND IT ONE OF THEIR (TRADITIONS), NOT BASED ON BIBLICAL FACTS OR TRUTHS.
Lol Preston. We call the theif 'Dismus'. No Catholic can say irrefutably if that's what his Mom named him. But so what? There is some evidence his name was Dismus and there is some its not.
Its no big deal. You people never would have known there was a theif next to Christ on the cross had it not been for the Catholic Church preserving that gospel account and safeguarding it until you guys showed up and 'took over'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 1 hr Redeemed 15
News Pope: Priests in Holy Year can absolve - sin of... 6 hr Redeemed 3
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 12 hr Mr_SKY 84,422
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
More from around the web