Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683930 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#424545 Feb 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
SO YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH Biblical KNOWLEDGE TO GIVE AN ANSWER ...
I DON'T USE LINKS....I OWE IT TO THOSE THAT I POST TO,
AND
TO MYSELF TO GIVE A SCRIPTURAL ANSWER...WITHOUT USING SOMEONE ELSE'S
REGURGITATION'S.
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
If you actually WANTED the answer to your question, you would've been happy to receive that answer. Obviously you didn't read it. It's there, and written in a better way than I could ever attempt to present it on topix.
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
preston

Athens, OH

#424546 Feb 25, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to a Pentecostal service where they passed out grape juice in these thimbles. To be honest I thought it lacked sufficient reverence.
lol, the [reverence ] comes form being obediance to the words of Jesus when He said do this in REMEMBRANCE OF ME.

how much [reverance] is being displayed when the rcc insistes that the wine is changed into blood. sorry but it isnt any wonder that the first and only time that I have ever entered into a catholic church, I was grossed out.

NO CHRISTIAN SHOULD EVER FEEL AT HOME IN A CATHOLIC CHURCH.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424547 Feb 25, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Amen
Ephesians 5:26 Translations
King James Version (KJV)
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Like I have been saying.....baptism is a work but it is the working of God, NOT man.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424548 Feb 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you really agree to this?;
'I would suggest developing the faith to believe Jesus is the Son of God requires study, or home"work". Just sayin..../
No way dear, All Good things from above are a Gift from God, zero credit goes to our 'works', it's Him working in us that we learn things from Him.
First one must be born-again through faith in Jesus and then and only then can we do 'Any Works' including confessing Him our Lord and Saviour at a water baptism.
It is the working of God, Marge......

And I don't believe that you answered my question.....

die to sin....

How do we accomplish this???
preston

Athens, OH

#424549 Feb 25, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually WANTED the answer to your question, you would've been happy to receive that answer. Obviously you didn't read it. It's there, and written in a better way than I could ever attempt to present it on topix.
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
LOL, THE bIBLE INSTRUCTS US TO GIVE A REASON FOR OUR HOPE.

so when a simple question is asked of you, YOU should be able to answer.

so what he is saying to you is that he isnt debating a link that cant answer which means that NEITHER can YOU
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#424550 Feb 25, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>
NO CHRISTIAN SHOULD EVER FEEL AT HOME IN A CATHOLIC CHURCH.
A bizarre statement considering half the Christians on the planet are Catholics.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#424551 Feb 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
... And everything that could possibly be revealed by the Apostles, is only found in those Books that some of them penned. The other ones that were lost or destroyed during early Christianity, but especially on February 24th 303 A.D, were not that important... Because Jesus Christ was secretly waiting for the born agains ... Oh wait, the real "Church of Christ" (bearing His name) or the Pentecostals ... or whatever. Anything but the evil Catholic Church...Jesus was waiting to reveal his true intentions.
Conspiracy Christianity is all it is.
Consider any people that are poor and living in an area with a terrible human rights record. What if they found a Bible or access to a Bible and they studied it intently and wanted to do God's will? What is it in the inspired scriptures that would give these people the idea that they had to have the RCC?
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#424552 Feb 25, 2013
preston wrote:
Clay, I beleive that you are a person that is good, however I qustion how could a[good] person stay in a church that is constantly bombarded with these kinds of people as leaders.
We are constantly being told in the media that priests are child abusers or homosexuals, or both. But how representative that is of the whole is impossible to say.

Judas was one of Jesus' disciples. Wolves in sheeps clothing have always been a problem.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424553 Feb 25, 2013
Flash....

Jesus appoints an ex-NAZI to be His earthly vicar....

... the same man who helped engineer a decades-long, worldwide cover-up of child-sex abuse.

This is after Jesus uses Saint Bonito Mussolini to give His "one true" church statehood, along with the power of diplomatic immunity....

... so His "one true" church could use that power to avoid accountability and justice in the sexual abuse of hundreds of orphans and deaf children.

And this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Yes, some people are taught since early childhood that this is how the greatest power in the universe "saves souls."

Question -- what are the odds of believing such nonsense unless one is taught this stuff sense childhood?

Answer -- slim to none. Stats tell us you have to be born into this cult. Otherwise, there is only about a 5% chance of being saved this way.

What a freaky Jesus-god they create.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#424554 Feb 25, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, THE bIBLE INSTRUCTS US TO GIVE A REASON FOR OUR HOPE.
so when a simple question is asked of you, YOU should be able to answer.
so what he is saying to you is that he isnt debating a link that cant answer which means that NEITHER can YOU
I think I've been able to provide a reason for my hope and joy.

And, what I am saying to him is that he doesn't want the answer he's asking for or he'd read the article. Your right that he can't debate the link.

MY answer is not holes opening up in my stomach while water that dried the bed, rushed out from those openings - like yours is. No scarring either, right?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#424555 Feb 25, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider any people that are poor and living in an area with a terrible human rights record. What if they found a Bible or access to a Bible and they studied it intently and wanted to do God's will? What is it in the inspired scriptures that would give these people the idea that they had to have the RCC?
Nothing.

"... for ye shall know them by their deeds"

That should be enough to guide them away.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#424556 Feb 25, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
A bizarre statement considering half the Christians on the planet are Catholics.
Narrow is the way and few there be that find it.

Since: Mar 11

Maribyrnong, Australia

#424557 Feb 25, 2013
Hey just letting you all know there is a person on Prove there's a god, saying the Church of Christ is the only way you can get to heaven. The true way.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424558 Feb 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Justice the new wine Jesus made at the wedding was unfermented,
Just as it was at the Passover Supper.
Out of simple curiosity, can you cite where it says that it isn't wine, rather grape juice?

Wine is fermented, and it alone is mentioned on both occasions you refer to here.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#424559 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of simple curiosity, can you cite where it says that it isn't wine, rather grape juice?
Wine is fermented, and it alone is mentioned on both occasions you refer to here.
Its one of the protestant church TRADITIONS. They change the wine into grape juice because they play fast and loose with the word of God ;)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424560 Feb 25, 2013
Zechariah 12:10

10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

Zechariah 13:1

13 “On that day a fountain will be opened to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem,~~~~~to cleanse them from sin and impurity.~~~~~

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
~~~~~Let the water and the blood,~~~~~
[From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure;]
Save from wrath and make me pure.

Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to the cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.

While I draw this fleeting breath,
When mine eyes shall close in death,
When I soar to worlds unknown,
See Thee on Thy judgment throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee

Both prophecies were fulfilled in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost when 3,000 Jews MOURNED in REPENTANCE.....

CLEANSED and FORGIVEN in baptism...

In the fountain filled with blood, drawn from Immanuel's veins.

That fountain was the blood which flowed from His side, pierced with a spear.

Now....

die to sins....

How do we accomplish this???
Dan

Omaha, NE

#424561 Feb 25, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Its one of the protestant church TRADITIONS. They change the wine into grape juice because they play fast and loose with the word of God ;)
........under the guise of being "bible alone".

If they were actually "bible alone", they'd believe in the Real Presence. They aren't and don't, so essentially, they're "in communion" with grape juice at their services.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#424562 Feb 25, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I beleive in a know so Salvation. and I said that a peson that is Saved will go to heaven.
nothing in those words indicate a belief in a doctrine of OSAS as you have tried to say that I have posted the likes of that doctrine in the past.
SO I WILL REINTRATE MY WORDS AGAIN TO HELP YOUR FEEBLE AND CARNAL MIND.
IF I STAY SAVED WHEN I DIE, I WILL ENTER INTO HEAVEN, HOWEVER IF MY LIFE IS SIMILIAR TO WHAT YOU LEAD WITH YOUR FILTHY MOUTH, CHANCES ARE POOR AND SLIM AND SLIM JUST LEFT TOWN.
~~~

Like you ...I do not believe in OSAS...defined as UNCONDITIONAL eternal security...

I believe in CONDITIONAL eternal security....

The covenant... is between God and me...there is no doubt. but what God will keep his part ....

But if I don't keep my part of the covenant then the contract would be. broken.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

ONLY BORN AGAIN SON'S (Those that are BORN OF THE SPIRIT)...ARE HEIRS TO THE KINGDOM.

Heb_12:8 But if ye be without ==>chastisement,<===

(==>CHASTISEMENT, DEFINED)<===

G3809
&#960;&#945;&#953; &#948;&#949;&#953; &#769;&#945;
paideia
pahee-di'-ah
From G3811; tutorage, that is, education or training; by implication disciplinary correction:- chastening, chastisement, instruction, nurture.

whereof all are partakers, then are ye

---> bastards, <---

(BASTARDS DEFINED)

G3541
&#957;&#959;&#769; &#952;&#959;&#962;
nothos
noth'-os
Of uncertain affinity; a spurious or illegitimate son:- bastard.

and not sons.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424563 Feb 25, 2013
Exodus 33:22

22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.

cleft....a hiding place....

Christ.....a Rock in whom we can hide from the glory and holiness of God at the day of judgment.....

How do we hide in Christ and for what reason???
truth

Attadale, Australia

#424565 Feb 25, 2013
wicket evil people

nothing to do with righteousness..they do worse modern then you think
evil is always evil

i don't fill sorry wrote this
nooooooooooo

all prophets see that on front 4000 2000 years ago
byyyyyyyyyy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... 22 hr misleading troller 2
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web