Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,600
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424194 Feb 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
We can have forgiveness because of the Blood of Christ and His sacrifice at the Cross. We acknowledge we are sinners, repent, and receive Christ by faith.
If we do not repent, if we do not put our faith in Christ, we are condemned and it ain't got nothing to do with baptism.
How do we die to sins, Chuckie???

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#424195 Feb 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this where I can find someone being condemned because they weren't baptized?
After being born again...we are baptized. Baptisms is a public announcement that we are now his disciples and sons of God.

If you are baptized before being born again....all you are doing is getting wet...there is no saving power in water!!!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424196 Feb 22, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>yes i'm doing ok i'm back to normal,and yes i'm going full steam ahead with this complaint,hopefully something will be done,and as far as going back with my ex-g/f i'm not sure i want to,the only sad thing is,she has the dog and i don't an i became very attached to the dog,i miss her more than i do my g/f. she is the best thing that ever came into my life on 4 legs,she's up to knowing and following perfectly 32 different commands,it's like she loves to learn,very eager,cause she does not try to walk away and not do it she sits right there and looks at you as if to say well i learned that one, what's next? no joke,she is extremely intelligent.
I am glad, Jethro, that you are getting back to normal.....

Glad that you are going ahead with this complaint.....

Just take it one day at a time, and maybe you will be able to talk things out with your g/f and get back together.....

I know how it is with dogs....they are just like having a child....we have one and he is just like part of our family and love him very much.....he also does tricks....not as many as your dog.....

Keep your chin up.....

United States

#424197 Feb 22, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/did-cross-dressing-prie...

-
-
http://bible.cc/revelation/18-4.htm

Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424198 Feb 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
So your saying Jesus is not saving today because He is not here in Person.
If Water Baspism saves us why did Jesus have to die, if all I needed was have a bath to be saved.
The Eunch was saved because 'HE BELIEVED IN JESUS' WATER BAPTISM CAME AFTER HE BELIEVED IN JESUS WITH ALL HIS HEART, SO HIS SALVATION WAS BEFORE WATER BAPTISM.
WE ARE SAVED THROUGH FAITH, NOT OF WORKS.
WATER BAPTISM IS A WORKS SADAN, THAT WE DO BECAUSE OF OUR FAITH IN CHRIST JESUS .
Water baptism is the working of God, LTM.....

1 Corinthians 12:6

6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

Colossians 2:12

12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

How do we DIE to sins, LTM???
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#424199 Feb 22, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet there is Acts 2:38 that explains it and the reason for it perfectly.
Acts 2:38

King James Version (KJV)

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

WHAT DOES REPENT MEAN TO YOU SABAN. WHAT DOES REMISSION MEAN TO YOU

To believe in Jesus Christ as your LORD and savior means that you desire to obey Him--that's what we mean when we call Him LORD. Obeying Him means that we are changing our behavior to become more like Christ. That is repentance, and it goes hand-in-hand with beliving in Jesus as your LORD and savior.

The Remission of Sins

"And such (sinners) were some of you: but ye are
washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are
justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus,
and by the Spirit of our God." (I Corinthians 6:11)

No mention of water baptism here:

..." Make no mistake, this washing is for the inner man, who has been in bondage to sin all his life; and it is accomplished by the heavenly (spiritual) baptism, "BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST, AND WITH FIRE"
WATER BAPTISM IS FROM JOHN THE BAPTIST, BAPTISM IN THE HOLY GHOST AND FIRE IS FROM JESUS . DID NOT JOHN THE BAPTIST TELL YOU THAT.

"the washing of regeneration;" but rather, the renewed state is the result of "the washing of regeneration." So it is evident that receiving the holy Ghost is what gives us the true remission of sins, and thus a renewed life, by means of a new birth. But what about the part in I Cor. 6:11 that says "in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Water baptism also gives the believer the opportunity to openly testify to others of his born-again experience. It serves as an outward sign and testimony of an inward grace. The believer has been crucified with Christ, buried with Him and raised together with Him to walk in newness of life (Galatians 2:20; Romans 6:4).

If you believe you were saved because of water baptism you were not.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#424200 Feb 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Water baptism is the working of God, LTM.....
1 Corinthians 12:6
6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.
Colossians 2:12
12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.
How do we DIE to sins, LTM???
Sorry "Truth" we get baptized because we believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior.
Read what I post to Saban.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#424201 Feb 22, 2013
People have confused water baptism with the baptism into the Body of Christ (being saved). In Acts 2, when Peter preached about the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, he said:“Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost”(verse 38). When a person is born again, he is baptized by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ. This is not water baptism. Water baptism is not the baptism that saves. It is the precious blood that Jesus shed on the cross, not water, which cleanses us from sin.(See Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 9:22; Revelation 1:5.)

A person must be baptized into the Body of Christ (saved) before water baptism. For without first making Jesus Lord and believing that God raised Him from the dead, water baptism would have no purpose. Water baptism is an experience after salvation to confirm and strengthen your commitment to live a godly life.
The baptismal waters represent a burial ground. When you’re buried with Christ in baptism, you are proclaiming to heaven, earth and hell that the old you no longer exists. To be buried with Jesus means that your old self died to sin just as Jesus did when He was made sin for us (Romans 6:3, 6, 10-12). That’s why we are immersed. It’s a picture of burial.

Coming up out of the water signifies our being raised to new life in Christ. To be raised with Jesus means making Him Lord of every area of your life—spirit, soul and body. You’ve been bought with the blood of Jesus and you belong to Him. Every day you now ask,“Lord, where do You want me to go? What do You want me to say? What do You want me to be? Not my will, but Thy will be done.”

Romans 6:11-13 now becomes a very important scripture to us:“Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.”
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424202 Feb 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 2:38
King James Version (KJV)
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
WHAT DOES REPENT MEAN TO YOU SABAN. WHAT DOES REMISSION MEAN TO YOU
To believe in Jesus Christ as your LORD and savior means that you desire to obey Him--that's what we mean when we call Him LORD. Obeying Him means that we are changing our behavior to become more like Christ. That is repentance, and it goes hand-in-hand with beliving in Jesus as your LORD and savior.
The Remission of Sins
"And such (sinners) were some of you: but ye are
washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are
justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus,
and by the Spirit of our God." (I Corinthians 6:11)
No mention of water baptism here:
..." Make no mistake, this washing is for the inner man, who has been in bondage to sin all his life; and it is accomplished by the heavenly (spiritual) baptism, "BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST, AND WITH FIRE"
WATER BAPTISM IS FROM JOHN THE BAPTIST, BAPTISM IN THE HOLY GHOST AND FIRE IS FROM JESUS . DID NOT JOHN THE BAPTIST TELL YOU THAT.
"the washing of regeneration;" but rather, the renewed state is the result of "the washing of regeneration." So it is evident that receiving the holy Ghost is what gives us the true remission of sins, and thus a renewed life, by means of a new birth. But what about the part in I Cor. 6:11 that says "in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Water baptism also gives the believer the opportunity to openly testify to others of his born-again experience. It serves as an outward sign and testimony of an inward grace. The believer has been crucified with Christ, buried with Him and raised together with Him to walk in newness of life (Galatians 2:20; Romans 6:4).
If you believe you were saved because of water baptism you were not.
Romans 6:4

4 We were therefore buried with him through ~~~~~baptism [[[[[into death]]]]]~~~~~ in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Notice in this scripture:

buried with Him through......BAPTISM INTO DEATH......

It doesn't say baptized into His death and/or baptism into Jesus Christ......

It says....baptism *into death*.....

There are two (2) different deaths here in Romans 6.....

What are the two (2) different deaths???

How do we die to sin???
pickled peckers 4 jesus

Pittston, PA

#424203 Feb 22, 2013
the vatican also says that the elderly pope benidict shits in his pants, with that the true reason he gotta go.
marge

Ames, IA

#424204 Feb 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we die to sins, Chuckie???
1 Peter 2:24
He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#424205 Feb 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed.
dead to sin....

How do you accomplish this, Marge???

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#424206 Feb 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hurt a guy"??
- words can only be hurtful, if someone accepts them as such.
Like my post to hojo, since you interjected and seem to want to stick up for him, I'm not sure on how they have hurt you or him.
Please explain.
Well, that is if you have the ability to do so.
I'll wait for your response.
Thank for reading my post!
You are welcome. Evidently not too many people do.

You have got to be kidding me, right? I don't have a clue as to who hojo is and don't see any need to stick up for him. I was simply pointing out that calling someone a fundie is hitting below the belt. No one in their right mind would want to be labelled a Protestant evangelical fundie-mental-ist, which is why no one in their right mind is one. Um, it's pretty cut and dried, not really "discussion" material. Sorry. Maybe one of the nice "Christian" folks here will talk to you. Good luck.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#424207 Feb 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - I don't hate anyone, even hojo.
Though I find him to be uninformed, as much as you are, there is no hate involved.
In fact, I'm trying to help you both overcome your dishonesty towards yourself and others. Now that you've thrown in your dislike for me, I can assist you to overcome that as well.
What say you? Live in enlightenment or live in the darkness of the RCC and Christianity?
It is ultimately no one's choice, except your own.
?

I am not RC. Try again.

Sorry.
pickled peckers 4 jesus

Pittston, PA

#424208 Feb 22, 2013
alessandro alfieri wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome. Evidently not too many people do.
You have got to be kidding me, right? I don't have a clue as to who hojo is and don't see any need to stick up for him. I was simply pointing out that calling someone a fundie is hitting below the belt. No one in their right mind would want to be labelled a Protestant evangelical fundie-mental-ist, which is why no one in their right mind is one. Um, it's pretty cut and dried, not really "discussion" material. Sorry. Maybe one of the nice "Christian" folks here will talk to you. Good luck.
fundie is hitting below the belt??

oh boo hoo---you must be mental to be sooo hurt.

i'm willing to be called a fundie-mental-ist....if you have a 18 yr old sister willing to blow me for it.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#424209 Feb 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
What, exactly, does "to live for what is right" mean to you???
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#424210 Feb 22, 2013
Stay for the of God or the love of church?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/21/p...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#424211 Feb 22, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, employ the church of Catholics to replace the Holy Spirit.
It is not necessary for the Catholic Church to replace the Holy Spirit because God,our Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ (the blessed TrinIty ---ARE THE CHURCH!!!( With Jesus--the Bride of Christ HIMSELF)
pickled peckers 4 jesus

Pittston, PA

#424212 Feb 22, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not necessary for the Catholic Church to replace the Holy Spirit because God,our Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ (the blessed TrinIty ---ARE THE CHURCH!!!( With Jesus--the Bride of Christ HIMSELF)
if jesus is the bride----does that mean jesus takes it up the butt during his honeymoon?
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#424213 Feb 22, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessary?
Father? Isn't it a liberal word in the rcc?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope pushes back at creationists 2 hr SpaceBlues 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Scales Off 8,533
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) 11 hr ELIAS IBARRA 47
Pope condemns gay equality laws (Feb '10) Wed kent 70
German Bishop: Gays a Condemned to Hella (Jun '10) Wed tonyintoronto 65
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Mon Atheist Silurist 23
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey Oct 21 Serkan Turkbayram 6

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE