Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591252 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#424209 Feb 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Peter 2:24
He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed.
What, exactly, does "to live for what is right" mean to you???
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#424210 Feb 22, 2013
Stay for the of God or the love of church?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/21/p...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#424211 Feb 22, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, employ the church of Catholics to replace the Holy Spirit.
It is not necessary for the Catholic Church to replace the Holy Spirit because God,our Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ (the blessed TrinIty ---ARE THE CHURCH!!!( With Jesus--the Bride of Christ HIMSELF)
pickled peckers 4 jesus

Pittston, PA

#424212 Feb 22, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not necessary for the Catholic Church to replace the Holy Spirit because God,our Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ (the blessed TrinIty ---ARE THE CHURCH!!!( With Jesus--the Bride of Christ HIMSELF)
if jesus is the bride----does that mean jesus takes it up the butt during his honeymoon?
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#424213 Feb 22, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessary?
Father? Isn't it a liberal word in the rcc?
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#424214 Feb 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just pointing out the fact that Clay ignores God's Word and believes what people like you say...if in fact you really are a catholic priest.
If you have a problem with what I said, I really wish you would point it out.
All I did was comment that, amongst scripture, the cite is not terribly profound.
"All scripture is inspired by God."
Yes.
Undoubtably true.
But did you not notice that ...
All scripture is scripture.
All men are men.
All humans are human.
All people are human.
All people capable of reading this are people.
Etc.
"All scripture is inspired by God" is a rather empty statement, BECAUSE the difinition of "scripture" is a writing proclaimed to be authoritative, due to a divine or divinely inspired origin.

So ...
"All that is inspired by God ... is inspired by God."
Yes?
And that which is blue .. is .... blue, yes?
If I have not coved whatever the heck your unstated objection is, please do inform me.
As to whether I am really a priest, all you have to do is check the website for the Diocese of Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
It's not that difficult.
Rob
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#424215 Feb 22, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Clay: "No Pope has added to sacred scripture. They do not have the authority to do so. No one has."
-
of course, Clay. So tell me so I can under stand this:
-
When the church was "compiling" the scripture ... approximately 800 years AFTER Jewish canon of scripture was closed ... did the Jews of their day come by and say, "Yo! Dudes! somehow we forgot these books - so here they are and you need to add them into the Hebrew scriptures.":
-
Tobit
Judith
1 Maccabees
2 Maccabees
Wisdom
Sirach
Baruch
-
-
I don't think so. These books were added by the Catholic Church ... with the Pope's approval.
Um .. no ... you need to check your history.

Those books are part of the Septuagint, from which Jesus Himself quoted.
They were considered canon by many (but perhaps not all) Jews of His day, and one could infer that Jesus recognized the authority of the sSeptuagint by quoting from it, although He did not quote those specific books.
But they WERE in the Septuagint.
Rob

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#424216 Feb 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not even close to the town where is being played the game!!!!!
Nothing you are saying teaches opposite of the Scripture I quoted...if there were, you would have a fallible Word of God...which is impossible...
~~~

Just like the Roman Catholics that let the NUNS DO ALL THE WORK...

Many protestant churches...wont let a female have any thing to say

in the Church....

I have never seen any of them refuse to depend upon them to work

raise money...neither have I heard of any protestant preachers that refuse to receive the tithes the the women pay.

they enjoy the fruit of their labors...but refuse to allow them a voice in the Church...

The Bible says..GODS call all that receive Jesus....--> SONS<--

Joh 1:12 --> But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: <--

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

AND AGAIN...

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Gal 3:28 ==> There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.<==

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#424217 Feb 22, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Um .. no ... you need to check your history.
Those books are part of the Septuagint, from which Jesus Himself quoted.
They were considered canon by many (but perhaps not all) Jews of His day, and one could infer that Jesus recognized the authority of the sSeptuagint by quoting from it, although He did not quote those specific books.
But they WERE in the Septuagint.
Rob
Hmmm ...
What I said above is not, strictly speaking, perfectly correct.
We cannot REALLY say that Jesus cited the Septuagint. The most we can say is that tne sacred authors of the New Testament, writing in Greek, frequently use the Septuagint Translation for their citations of the Old Testament (not always, though).
If Jesus had a conversation in Hebrew, or in Aramaic, and He cited the scriptures, He ... probably ... did so in the language in which He was conversing.
The sacred authors, writing in Greek, would have to translate what Jesus said, in Hebrew or Aramaic, into the Greek.
Most often, the Sacred Authors (whom Catholics believe were inspired by the Holy Spirit to write as they did) chose to use the citation from the Septuagint for their translation of what Jesus said, even though it is more likely he was NOT speaking Greek at the time the words were actually said out loud.
For Catholics, thos would point to the Holy Spirit affirming the validity of the Septuagint, as the Hopy Spirit could have inspired the sacred authors to use other sources for their cites, as they did on some occasions.
Either way, your contention the the CC "added" these books with the "permission of the Pope" plays out as incorrect, as they were part of the translation of the Hebrew scriptures which appears to have been the preferred inspired choice of the inspired writers of the inspired Greek New Testament.
Rob

#424218 Feb 22, 2013
pickled peckers 4 jesus wrote:
the vatican also says that the elderly pope benidict shits in his pants, with that the true reason he gotta go.
I AM NOT CATHOLIC AND NEVER INTEND TO BE ONE...
BUT I RESPECT ANY HUMAN BEING THAT IS MADE IN THE IMAGE OF GOD...ENOUGH..
TO NOT MAKE SUCH FILTHY REMARKS OR DEROGATORY STATEMENTS ABOUT THEM.
JESUS DISAGREED WITH THE SCRIBES AND PHARISEES...BUT HE DID NOT ATTACK
NOR DID HE DEMEAN THEM PERSONALLY...
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#424219 Feb 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
Um ... Marge...?
Ahat Oxbow means to say (I'm pretty sure, and don't you *dare* attribute it to me, because I *don't* agree) is that,
"As Jesus is no longer here on earth, Jesus no longer has the authority to forgive sins.".
Did you REALLY mean to give an AMEN ... to ... THAT?
???
Rob

#424220 Feb 22, 2013
pickled peckers 4 jesus wrote:
<quoted text>fundie is hitting below the belt??
oh boo hoo---you must be mental to be sooo hurt.
i'm willing to be called a fundie-mental-ist....if you have a 18 yr old sister willing to blow me for it.
~~~

BY YOU OWN WORDS... YOU ARE BRINGING DEATH... UPON YOUR SELF.

Pro_6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.

Pro_12:13 The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble.

Pro_18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
pickled peckers 4 jesus

Pittston, PA

#424221 Feb 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
BY YOU OWN WORDS... YOU ARE BRINGING DEATH... UPON YOUR SELF.
Pro_6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
Pro_12:13 The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble.
Pro_18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
woof---st benjamin, the dog.

#424222 Feb 22, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm ...
What I said above is not, strictly speaking, perfectly correct.
We cannot REALLY say that Jesus cited the Septuagint. The most we can say is that tne sacred authors of the New Testament, writing in Greek, frequently use the Septuagint Translation for their citations of the Old Testament (not always, though).
If Jesus had a conversation in Hebrew, or in Aramaic, and He cited the scriptures, He ... probably ... did so in the language in which He was conversing.
The sacred authors, writing in Greek, would have to translate what Jesus said, in Hebrew or Aramaic, into the Greek.
Most often, the Sacred Authors (whom Catholics believe were inspired by the Holy Spirit to write as they did) chose to use the citation from the Septuagint for their translation of what Jesus said, even though it is more likely he was NOT speaking Greek at the time the words were actually said out loud.
For Catholics, thos would point to the Holy Spirit affirming the validity of the Septuagint, as the Hopy Spirit could have inspired the sacred authors to use other sources for their cites, as they did on some occasions.
Either way, your contention the the CC "added" these books with the "permission of the Pope" plays out as incorrect, as they were part of the translation of the Hebrew scriptures which appears to have been the preferred inspired choice of the inspired writers of the inspired Greek New Testament.
Rob
~~~

JESUS SAID WHAT THE HEAVENLY FATHER SAID...

HE DID NOT HAVE TO DEPEND UPON THE OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT... HEBREW ..ARAMAIC GREEK LATIN OR ANY EARTHLY TRANSLATIONS..

HE SPOKE... STRAIGHT FROM THE HEAVENLY FATHERS MOUTH...

Joh 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Joh 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

#424223 Feb 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
BY YOUR OWN WORDS... YOU ARE BRINGING DEATH... UPON YOUR SELF.

woof---st benjamin, the dog.

~~~~

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

YOU WILL REAP WHAT YOU SOW...

Gal 6:6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
truth

Australia

#424224 Feb 22, 2013
izmisljotino
izmisljotino
izmisljotino

Its coming from someone who is bless.
How its looks?..
Its not nice say someone izmisljotino.
Yes its going from mouth.

iz misli=from mind
i zmije=snake
i zmaje=dragon

now
izmisljotina= izum=innovation in nova at ''ion''=as condutor

Because you attacking me always i give you answer.http://www.biblegateway .com/passage/?search=Proverbs+ 2%3A5-7&version=ESV
Who is against mother they are against son..
then you will find izmisljotina=innovation=knowal adge
truth

Australia

#424225 Feb 22, 2013
preston

Waverly, OH

#424226 Feb 22, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
As to whether I am really a priest, all you have to do is check the website for the Diocese of Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
It's not that difficult.
Rob
sorry, but any person can cone on here and use that name. proves nothing.
truth

Australia

#424227 Feb 22, 2013
book
i used name of my father
what i find in
how
i been small child which nobody to much care..i sit in last chair or one before..iuntil my teacher from matematics and fisics say..o no no
here on first chair..but not other friend..could you imagen everyone have friend not me..poor child not even friend..because they simple transform every test into perfection simple from me one by one.
They have everything me nothing at all.
determinant
he say go on blackbord..but i been small child its to much high for me where ever i liked drove..yes yes they smile..
me oh
my god
but i wrote i take my chair don't worry..i explain perfection.
my father have only one holy day..its Cross.
I find my father book I show some.
I find with determinant.
I find words
''Father Son and Holy Spirit''
I find meaning of ''prayers to God''.
I find in my father book..
duga=hallo over sky..
i find in my father book
sorrow pain cross as Jesus have
lag wounds blade
sorrowful heart crown of head i find lamb=sutnja zrtva
i find in my father book words
I find words
''i am thirsty''..

I describe my Father before..i told you
my Father have only one Holy day its sorrow day ''Holy Cross''..

As tiny child i watching my Father in procession with that Cross..i remember i took my two youngest brothers for hand..here brother here brother here brother ..its our place ..i bring them close to my Father as I could when station of CROSS stop front of my birth house.
My Father have CROSS..as well I know how looks that Cross.

Its book of my Father under his name i find in my words in my mind.
truth

Australia

#424228 Feb 22, 2013
I find under my mother words.
mother Mary
i find words believe= credo= vjerovanje
i find words Holy Spirit..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 40 min Scales Off 9,423
News As ideology fades in Cuba, spirituality and pop... 14 hr L I G E R 1
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) 14 hr KristoFMYsagun 14
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 16 hr pazuzu 68
News Francis expects short papacy Sun KristoFMYsagun 16
News Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... (Sep '14) May 29 KristoFMYsagun 55
News Tantingco: The Kapampangan Cardinal (Mar '13) May 29 ELIAS IBARRA 6
More from around the web