Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
408,681 - 408,700 of 532,792 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

then what they will say
you are man not god

very sad game
man become corupt
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Eph.1
[1] Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
[2] Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
[3] Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
[4] According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
[5] Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
[6] To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
[7] In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
[8] Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
[9] Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
[10] That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
[11] In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
[12] That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
[13] In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
[14] Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
[15] Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
[16] Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
[17] That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
[18] The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
[19] And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
[20] Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
[21] Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
[22] And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
[23] Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>1 Corinthians
2By which also you are saved, if you keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless you have believed in vain.
3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
17And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain;[ you are yet in your sins.]
18Then they also who are fallen asleep in Christ have perished.
19If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most to be pitied.
22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24Then comes the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25For he must reign, till he has put all enemies under his feet.
26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27For he has put all things under his feet. But when he says all things are put under him, it is clear that he is excepted, who did put all things under him.
28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China???

There is no Scripture that teaches opposite of what I quoted,...namely, that, while on earth, Christ forgave sins, because He shared the same Divinity with God...

Well...He ain't no more upon the earth!!!!

And..if you have Scripture tat contradicts what I quoted, than we have a fallible Bible...which is impossible!!!!
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China!!!!!

As it says, Jesus is the high priest who deals with sin. When we pray to the Father we do so in the name of Jesus.

Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

2 Chronicles 7:14, NKJV. "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

John 14:13 And whatever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14:14 If you shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

This why only those with the "faith of Jesus" are spiritual Israel, God's church or bride. We have known God personally.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

2Chron.7:14 (KJV)
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China???
There is no Scripture that teaches opposite of what I quoted,...namely, that, while on earth, Christ forgave sins, because He shared the same Divinity with God...
Well...He ain't no more upon the earth!!!!
And..if you have Scripture tat contradicts what I quoted, than we have a fallible Bible...which is impossible!!!!
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
-
you'd like that wouldn't you?
-
there are verses.
-
what makes you think the Pope can *add* to Biblical writings?
-
-
Clay wrote:
No Pope has added to sacred scripture. They do not have the authority to do so. No one has.
The Catechism basically highlights sacred scripture. Its not opposite of the Bible.
Ironically, almost every minister I've heard, has added to sacred scripture. The obvious addition would be Sola Scripture. Some have added sola fide too. The first one doesn't appear at all in the Bible. The second one COULD appear, but only if you isolate certain verses and use them to cancel out other verses.
And lets not get into the Book of Revelation, you guys add your personal ideology to Johns visions and some have made entire religions out of it.
-
-
Clay: "No Pope has added to sacred scripture. They do not have the authority to do so. No one has."
-
of course, Clay. So tell me so I can under stand this:
-
When the church was "compiling" the scripture ... approximately 800 years AFTER Jewish canon of scripture was closed ... did the Jews of their day come by and say, "Yo! Dudes! somehow we forgot these books - so here they are and you need to add them into the Hebrew scriptures.":
-
Tobit
Judith
1 Maccabees
2 Maccabees
Wisdom
Sirach
Baruch
-
-
I don't think so. These books were added by the Catholic Church ... with the Pope's approval.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Eph.1
[1] Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
[2] Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
[3] Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
[4] According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
[5] Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
[6] To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
[7] In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
[8] Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
[9] Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
[10] That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
[11] In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
[12] That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
[13] In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
[14] Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
[15] Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
[16] Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
[17] That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
[18] The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
[19] And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
[20] Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
[21] Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
[22] And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
[23] Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
You are denying the direct teaching of Christ....pay attention to the words in the upper case..

OUR FATHER which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

There is no Scripture that contradicts His direct and exact words...none...zilch....

You owe marge a apology....
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
As it says, Jesus is the high priest who deals with sin. When we pray to the Father we do so in the name of Jesus.
Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
2 Chronicles 7:14, NKJV. "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
John 14:13 And whatever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
This why only those with the "faith of Jesus" are spiritual Israel, God's church or bride. We have known God personally.
I hope Ox is doing a Price Ceck On the Eggs in China....lol
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Marge if you don'tthink Christ has the Power to forgive sin yeaterday, today and forever your as looney as OX
Yes of course I do, both of you still haven't proven to me by your words you are brothers, it would be nice to get to that point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is our mediator....a mediator is a negotiator who acts as a link between parties....He does not forgive sins...God does....
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are denying the direct teaching of Christ....pay attention to the words in the upper case..
OUR FATHER which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
There is no Scripture that contradicts His direct and exact words...none...zilch....
You left out the other scriptures I posted with it now didn't you I owe no one an apology.
Gods will on Heaven and Earth which was fulfilled by his son Jesus Christ.

I choose to recieve my inheritance that God/Christ Promised how about you.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I hope Ox is doing a Price Ceck On the Eggs in China....lol
lol

I thought they all grew their own eggs ..:P

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Thanks for confirming my words:

And the LORD (Y@hovah,(the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord) appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice.
If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

This ain't Christ!!!! It be God Hisself!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

071 061
<quoted text>You left out the other scriptures I posted with it now didn't you I owe no one an apology.
Gods will on Heaven and Earth which was fulfilled by his son Jesus Christ.
I choose to recieve my inheritance that God/Christ Promised how about you.
I did...because nothing else need be said...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
I thought they all grew their own eggs ..:P
Of course they grow there own eggs!!! They buy egg seeds and plant them...they grow yearround!!!!
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is our mediator....a mediator is a negotiator who acts as a link between parties....He does not forgive sins...God does....
So you do not believe Jesus is God ?

Acts 7

37This is that Moses, who said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall you hear.

38This is he, that was in the congregation in the wilderness with the angel who spoke to him in the mount Sinai, and with our fathers: who received the living oracles to give unto us:
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for confirming my words:
And the LORD (Y@hovah,(the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord) appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice.
If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
This ain't Christ!!!! It be God Hisself!!!!

Acts 7

37This is that Moses, who said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall you hear.

38This is he, that was in the congregation in the wilderness with the angel who spoke to him in the mount Sinai, and with our fathers: who received the living oracles to give unto us:
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
071 061
<quoted text>
I did...because nothing else need be said...

Acts 7

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they grow there own eggs!!! They buy egg seeds and plant them...they grow yearround!!!!
lol!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 min Maverick 8,150
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••