Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
408,661 - 408,680 of 533,057 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

029 959
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Touche!
-
And to take this thought a step further, we must always remember that the doctrines of the RCC are really nothing more than the *personal interpretation* of the pope ... and all we need do is review papal history to know that the pope has even "more divine wisdom than Clay."
-
The mental gymnastics one must go through to reconcile one pope's teaching with another pope's teaching ... some even to the point of contradicting one another ...
-
So there ya go, Clay
-
YOU have more divine wisdom than God, but not quite as much as
The Pope.
I like that step!!!!
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok... The Apostle Paul said we are sinning against the actual body and blood of Jesus Christ if we eat the bread and drink the wine unworthily.
There shouldn't be anyway around it dear.
Of course, there shouldn't be anyway around "This is my body, this is my blood" either. But you proud born agains temporarily found a way.
1 Corinthians 11

18For first of all, when you come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

19For there must be also heresies among you, that they who are approved may be made manifest among you.

20When you come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

21For in eating every one takes first his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

22What? have you not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise you the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

23For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24And when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25After the same manner also he took the cup, after he had eaten, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do you, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.

26For as often as you eat this bread, and drink this cup, you do show the Lord's death till he comes.

27Therefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29For he that eats and drinks unworthily, eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

31For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

32But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

33Therefore, my brethren, when you come together to eat, wait one for another.

34And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that you come not together unto judgment. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

Jude 1:12

4For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into licentiousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5I will therefore put you in remembrance, though you once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6And the angels who kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after unnatural lust, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise authority, and speak evil of the glorious ones.

9Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil as he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke you.

10But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

11Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the rebellion of Korah.

12These are spots in your love feasts, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about by winds; trees whose fruit withers, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are waiting for Christ to forgive you your sins....pack a lunch!!! It ain't gonna happen!!!!!
Matthew 9

New King James Version (NKJV)

Jesus Forgives and Heals a Paralytic

9 So He got into a boat, crossed over, and came to His own city. 2 Then behold, they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic,“Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you.”

3 And at once some of the scribes said within themselves,“This Man blasphemes!”

4 But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said,“Why do you think evil in your hearts? 5 For which is easier, to say,‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say,‘Arise and walk’? 6 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—then He said to the paralytic,“Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.” 7 And he arose and departed to his house.

8 Now when the multitudes saw it, they marveled[a] and glorified God, who had given such power to men.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

i am not going where you going
satanic possession is long time ago

You don't liked your Creator..your real Creator..you liked be bigger then real Creator.

Did i know you..i don't think so.
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
The Bible teaches, while upon earth, because Christ had the same Divinity as God, He had the power to forgive sins.
Mt 9:6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.
Mr 2:10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins
Lu 5:24 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins,
Well...surprise surprise...He ain't upon earth any more!!!!

Jesus is the High Priest in the heavenly temple. There is no earthly representative.

Hebrews (KJV)

4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
7:27 Who needs not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
8:3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: why it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
8:4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
8:5 Who serve to the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, said he, that you make all things according to the pattern showed to you in the mount.

9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest enters into the holy place every year with blood of others;
9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world has he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

liars upon liars killing upon killing genocide upon genocide judgment upon judgment..
is that pure and clear for you..
man become corrupt in aspect..liars and lips readers..
no

you don't liked your real Creator..not at all..byyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

people become corupt in all aspect..

you don't liked your real Creator
you liked be bigger then your Creator..is that pride
yes with pride in heart of them they think nobody can't do nothing to them..they are bigger then anyone..
Did you?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible teaches, while upon earth, because Christ had the same Divinity as God, He had the power to forgive sins.
Mt 9:6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.
Mr 2:10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins
Lu 5:24 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins,
Amen
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Now here you say the right thing and I'm sure you agree this can be done any day.
And it's not through water-baptism we get "in Christ" but through Faith, fyi,:)
When one accepts Christ as their Savior and does as he commanded to be baptised that is an act of ones Faith !!!

You just don't get it.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Who control air upon them..prince of darkness or prince of light..how you call that tower of babel?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 9
New King James Version (NKJV)
Jesus Forgives and Heals a Paralytic
9 So He got into a boat, crossed over, and came to His own city. 2 Then behold, they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic,“Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you.”
3 And at once some of the scribes said within themselves,“This Man blasphemes!”
4 But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said,“Why do you think evil in your hearts? 5 For which is easier, to say,‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say,‘Arise and walk’? 6 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—then He said to the paralytic,“Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.” 7 And he arose and departed to his house.
8 Now when the multitudes saw it, they marveled[a] and glorified God, who had given such power to men.
For awhile, you had me fooled....

There is no Scripture that teaches, after Christ ascended into Heaven, that He did forgive sins nor that He has the power to do so...

According to you....when Christ taught we are to pray to the Father for forgiveness, He was mistaken????

Quote: After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

You don't liked real Creator.
You have many masters many lords as well many gods..
no i am sorry you don't liked real CREATOR.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the High Priest in the heavenly temple. There is no earthly representative.
Hebrews (KJV)
4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
7:27 Who needs not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
8:3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: why it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
8:4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
8:5 Who serve to the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, said he, that you make all things according to the pattern showed to you in the mount.
9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest enters into the holy place every year with blood of others;
9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world has he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Are you for sure they are real or somebody else with many face on many place.!?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Long time ago evil come in matrix..its not mean do you liked me..i am not force you for any love or mercy toward me..not at all..it is as it is long time ago evil is there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
At least we agree on one thing...

One of the first things I learned as a negotiator, is to get the opponent to agree on something...anything...

The first thing I earned as a chess player is to never...ever...underestimate the guy playing the other side of the board!!!!

Who knows....we may agree on a second thing...then a third...etc etc
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Miracle like never before..no after that its coming end too..Are you for sure magic evil people is real God Creator?
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
For awhile, you had me fooled....
There is no Scripture that teaches, after Christ ascended into Heaven, that He did forgive sins nor that He has the power to do so...
According to you....when Christ taught we are to pray to the Father for forgiveness, He was mistaken????
Quote: After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
1 Corinthians

2By which also you are saved, if you keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless you have believed in vain.

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

17And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain;[ you are yet in your sins.]

18Then they also who are fallen asleep in Christ have perished.

19If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most to be pitied.

22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24Then comes the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25For he must reign, till he has put all enemies under his feet.

26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27For he has put all things under his feet. But when he says all things are put under him, it is clear that he is excepted, who did put all things under him.

28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
Marge if you don'tthink Christ has the Power to forgive sin yeaterday, today and forever your as looney as OX
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

I try play chess with my father..but i can't be perfect i remember i win ones..maybe my father left me excess..but i remember i win over queen as well king with only on thing we call pijun=as foot soldier..

please tell me
Are you for sure you did not know about zavite as prayers without shoes..a yes yes nobody remember not at all.
you not honor me not love me..lips simple used..now

Are you for sure you know who is real Creator?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Ecko 8,182
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••