Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,433)

Showing posts 408,641 - 408,660 of532,080
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wondering just how different me and 4gn are? I know I haven't read all of 4gvn's posts, but from the ones I've read I've been in agreement. Maybe you can point out the vast differences between us.
I'm going to bed.

I don't know all of the differences either. Heck, the born agains don't even agree with each other let alone you.
But I would start with Baptism. I doubt 4gvn thinks you were properly Baptized. You're not saved and going to hell as a result.
I dunno what to tell you, other than you are allies against Catholics until its just you and them
Then you beat each other over the head with your Bibles.
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
Every 1st day of the week the church commemorates Jesus' sacrifice for us.'The church' meaning everyone worldwide "in Christ", His body, His Kingdom, until He comes again.

The baptism is the commemoration of the resurrection. Sabbath commemorates creation & Creator.
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
If you are waiting for Christ to forgive you your sins....pack a lunch!!! It ain't gonna happen!!!!!

Mark 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the sick of the palsy, Son, your sins be forgiven you. But there was certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts, Why does this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro,
I am so sorry that this is happening to you....
I have put you on our prayer list.....
I hope that you are feeling better now.....
Blessings!
yes i am thank you,i was given 10 bags of saline solution mixed with some other rehydration fluids for two days,i can't seriously understand what happened i did do alot of work that day clearing snow,but i drank 3 32 oz. bottles gator-ade plus water and had a rootbeer with dinner,and after that i had more water when i went to bed,granted i did get up and make a lot of trips but i didn't think it was that much to hurt me,i have no recollection of any of it,not until like i said i woke up on wedsnday,and i asked a nurse where am i and how did i get here? and being a lousy bit%&y nurse she told me nothing,the conditions in this hospital were deplorible no professionalism at all,my medications were sometimes 2 hrs late,i order breakfast at 7 a.m. if i was lucky i'd get it by 930-10:00 a.m. lunch was served at 3 and ordered at noon,dinner again was late all the time and all of it was barely edible,i wouldn't feed it to my dog,they are going to send me a questionare in the mail about my stay,i'm going to rip into them so bad there gonna regret we met,going to copy it and send it to the town paper explaining my experience and have them print my questionare in the paper i hope,from janitors to doctors,there was no professionalism what's so ever,it was like going to a hospital that uses old outdated equipment,,,cont

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

to truth:they gave me a cat scan on my head only to see if there was something wrong,mini stroke or something,they come back and told me i have an anurism i immediately jumped in said no i don't,i tried but failed,when the dr. told me that i just couldn't help but burst out laughing,i told him,doc i get 4 scans a year along with pet scan at a very well known respected organization (dana farber cancer ctr.)he knows the group and their reputation,no.1 in the northeast for cancer treatments and have a high survival rate i'm proof of that "6 yrs" and still going thanks to them and the great doctor i lucked out and got,his name is dr. rolph freter oncologist/radiologist,speaks 12 languages went to harvard,penn st,and clevland clinic which is another top rated cancer training cntr. my dr. now runs the clinic they built in my town,i give him and another dr. i have credit for saving my sorry ass (sorry). anyway i was doing the cat scan and the guy is yelling at me to stay still and look up at the machine,it was impossible because (couldn't believe this) saw dust was falling into my eyes,i took a close look at the machine it was a ct scan that was built back in the late 1960's the ones that used sawdust and rock salt inside to help rotate the camera or something i don't know,NOW dr comes back and says i apologize your right your scan came back perfectly clear,i said blurted out quickly and said i know,i was under stress and on the verge of an anxiety attack,i asked him you know anything about veins,blood vessels,capilaries? he says yes and snap back quickly no you don't,cause if you did you would of realized the viens in a body enlarge because of the fast blood flow,what you saw was an over worked vien that was probaly moving in an innormal manner,it's common,and besides there's no way in hell i'd even consider letting any doctor come near me with a pair of tweezers never mind a scapal,you are very very mistaken,i wouldn't let you guys remove a slinter from my dogs paw,im on a roll now,i'm stuck here in pain because of the stent in my kidney,and they doubted me!,i told them it hurts when it calcifies and i pee blood,and i'm stuck in bed with no medication was suppose to get it at 6 a.m. didn't show up till 8 a.m. your nursing staff either does not know her job or just doesn't care,not once in the two days in was there did i get my meds on time,one nurse bitched at me telling it was to early,i told her you gave me my first dose at 11:50 a.m my next dose is suppose to be 6 hr later 5:50 pm and she said no i was wrong i was an hour early,again i repeated the times,she left came back i'm so sorry sir,you were right,i got my meds.i couldn't believe all thiswhen i left i said i walked over the the nurses station and risking a punch in the face, i spoke right out, and said and i quote "in the past 6 yrs that i have had cancer,i've been to a few different hospitals,and i got the best care immaginable,this place here is the most unproffessional group of dr's and nurses and nurses ades that i ever came across,the conditions here are not fit to bring a sick goat in here,granted you can't update this place equipment wise but your attitude and proffesionalism does not exist,you people are a joke in the field of medicine,goodbye and may we never cross paths again unquote.for the record the hospitals name is brockton city hopspital brockton,mass.i do not recomend you go there for any reason..cont.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Your Creator left seal on your hand.
How many Creator you have?

No you don't liked your real and first Creator.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear of you health and relationship troubles. Hang in there and keep the faith. There is a sunny day out there somewhere.
thank you, i have faith in me,i bounce back quick,i will rebuild my body and mind put the bad behind me and enjoy the next adventure that comes along and challenges me.i consider myself a warrior, meaning no matter what happens i go down fighting till the last drop of blood&energy i have left in my body, i will not roll over and quit.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jethro, I am glad you are ok, but sorry for you troubles.
Peoples emotions make them do strange things. I hope she comes back. The dog no doubt will miss you also this is a sad situation.
Wish I could be there for you Jethro besides on this thread.
I pray this won't send you on a downward spiral. Please don't let it ok.
don't worry LT,i'll be ok, thanks and you are here with me,you are a friend and i draw strength from knowing that.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to bed.
I don't know all of the differences either. Heck, the born agains don't even agree with each other let alone you.
But I would start with Baptism. I doubt 4gvn thinks you were properly Baptized. You're not saved and going to hell as a result.
I dunno what to tell you, other than you are allies against Catholics until its just you and them
Then you beat each other over the head with your Bibles.
Clay to each his own. Maybe that's your opinion and thats wonderful! I never recieved anything from a Catholic church but God did change my life and heart which is nothing short of amazing Grace. You're looking at things in a distorted way. Nobody asked you to do anything and you shouldn't tell others what to do! Nor should you cast stones while standing in a glass house! Let God be the judge of whats best for his people not the Pope or you! Have a little consideration for others and know they believe in Jesus too! They just don't praise God in the same manner as you! Does that make them bad Christians or wrong? LET GOD DIRECT HIS PEOPLE TO WHERE HE WANTS THEM AND RELAX. I'm thankful God doesn't think or act like you! You can be recieve all the communions and Baptisms in the world but that doesn't mean you have salvation! You haven't a clue to what God says about other denominations nor does your Pope know what God thinks! So stop pretending and let GOD BE GOD! He loves us like a father loves his son! My child is different then me, makes mistakes, but I still love him and would never deny him! Remember we are created in Gods likeness!Stop being so self-righteous! You are not better than anyone else bc the Pope told you that Catholics are!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
What a clown
Romans 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
***Nope...Clay says not enough, we need the eucharist
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
***Nope...Clay says not enough, we need the eucharist
1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5 who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, 9 obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
**Nope...Clay says not enough, we need the eucharist (look Clay your first pope doesn't mention baptism or eucharist)
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes
*****Nope...Clay says not enough, we need the eucharist
-
-
Oxbow wrote:
When you understand that Clay has more divine wisdom than God, you can really appreciate his correcting God!!!!!
-
-
Touche!
-
And to take this thought a step further, we must always remember that the doctrines of the RCC are really nothing more than the *personal interpretation* of the pope ... and all we need do is review papal history to know that the pope has even "more divine wisdom than Clay."
-
The mental gymnastics one must go through to reconcile one pope's teaching with another pope's teaching ... some even to the point of contradicting one another ...
-
So there ya go, Clay
-
YOU have more divine wisdom than God, but not quite as much as
The Pope.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wondering just how different me and 4gvn are? I know I haven't read all of 4gvn's posts, but from the ones I've read I've been in agreement. Maybe you can point out the vast differences between us.
4gvn is my brother, the vast difference we have with you is that you believe water baptism had any role in saving you Sabanfan, we can't get past that and receive you as family.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
All the best for better health Jethro!
If we can't trust our politicians and church leaders today to tell us the truth, how can anyone trust with certainty what was written 2,000 years ago that was driven by agenada by a few powerful people in the church who could have fooled everyone of that era.
Remember Jethro outside the bible writings, no one from the entire mediteranean recorded anything, or handed down any stories about a miracle worker Jesus and most of the characters from his story.
....something is wrong, when only one small select group of people claim God himself inspired them, and no one else heard or saw anything for 33 years that resembled the man these story tellers describe.
......something is wrong!
thank you,there is no truth yestrday,today,tomorrow,i'm watching a show right now about the popes HC2 #242 on comcast,interesting stuff.i believe the church is older than 2000 yrs, to build a soffisticated corrupt machine like they did it must of taken more time that 2000 yrs.and on top of that, rehearse to pass the place off as a holy place.which they did a good job of it,using violence like they did,yup any church that can kill torture and mame people at will to get them to follow the false traditions of the church must be the true church of a god,the god that loves his children and wants no harm to come to them,he must be proud of the churches achievements,kept god from getting lonely,they kept a good supply of spirits going to heaven to meet their maker and probably played a few rounds of golf,bowled(thunder),then sitting down and feasted (lightning)god with a gassy stomach.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its too bad Paul forgot to explain what he meant in his letter. The ol fellow just handed it out to everyone and then took off. They got it all messed up and actually thought the bread and wine were the real presence of Jesus Christ. Thankfully the evangelicals cleared it all up, and now teach what Paul was really saying to those Corinthians.
How does it read Clay, how were those Corinthians sinning against the Lord while celebrating His Sacrifice on the Cross for us?

It can't mean anything different than it says.

What was one sin they committed? THEY WERE DRUNK! among other sins we can read from the text.

And yes we are trying to explain it to you now just as we did back then,(we have proof), but again only God can open your ears to His Truth.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

good night people

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

007 983
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point in my life, if I were to walk into one of those Presbyterian Evangelical Baptist churches and do an alter call and declare "I'm born again; I accept Christ as my savior!" I would expect Jesus to slap me upside the head for failing to see He has been with me since my second grade First Holy Communion and before.(but I clearly remember the good feeling on my first communion, knowing something special just happened)
Anyway, I also reaffirmed my parents decision to bring me to baptism. I did this in 8th grade and testify to being sealed with the Holy Spirit. All Catholic youth get the chance to do this btw.
How insulting to Jesus Christ if I were to leave His Church to do an alter call at one of yours and get 'saved'. Really Ox, He gave me the precious gift of the Eucharist, and I can't think anything more insulting to Him than to turn my back on it.
My Bible shows Christ taught that God forgives sin!!! He said:

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

And: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

What does yours say????
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Touche!
-
And to take this thought a step further, we must always remember that the doctrines of the RCC are really nothing more than the *personal interpretation* of the pope ... and all we need do is review papal history to know that the pope has even "more divine wisdom than Clay."
-
The mental gymnastics one must go through to reconcile one pope's teaching with another pope's teaching ... some even to the point of contradicting one another ...
-
So there ya go, Clay
-
YOU have more divine wisdom than God, but not quite as much as
The Pope.
Yep and Clay thought he could blame the catholic church.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

012 974
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me that. Tell Christ that. I already partook in the Eucharist, I'll go to my death defending it. I can't be convinced to walk away from it. I understand it completely Ox and you do not. Your minister it not in the Catholic Church, so it does no good for Him to try and have Holy Communion.
"The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said,“This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying,“This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes."

Only a fool would deny this truth: When the above is read in the literal sense...it teaches us to be cannibals...Christ never did such a thing!!!!

cannibal: A person who eats the flesh of other humans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the sick of the palsy, Son, your sins be forgiven you. But there was certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts, Why does this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
The Bible teaches, while upon earth, because Christ had the same Divinity as God, He had the power to forgive sins.

Mt 9:6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

Mr 2:10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins

Lu 5:24 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins,

Well...surprise surprise...He ain't upon earth any more!!!!
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay can you tell me in your own words what this verse means:
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God"
It's rather a null statement, really, once you look at it.

Kind of like saying, "All those things that are of the color blue ... are blue in color."
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Every 1st day of the week the church commemorates Jesus' sacrifice for us.'The church' meaning everyone worldwide "in Christ", His body, His Kingdom, until He comes again.
Now here you say the right thing and I'm sure you agree this can be done any day.

And it's not through water-baptism we get "in Christ" but through Faith, fyi,:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 408,641 - 408,660 of532,080
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Crazy 8,116
More 4 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 9 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 14 hr Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••