Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 583,160
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
truth

Australia

#424049 Feb 21, 2013
Who control air upon them..prince of darkness or prince of light..how you call that tower of babel?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#424050 Feb 21, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 9
New King James Version (NKJV)
Jesus Forgives and Heals a Paralytic
9 So He got into a boat, crossed over, and came to His own city. 2 Then behold, they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic,“Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you.”
3 And at once some of the scribes said within themselves,“This Man blasphemes!”
4 But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said,“Why do you think evil in your hearts? 5 For which is easier, to say,‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say,‘Arise and walk’? 6 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—then He said to the paralytic,“Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.” 7 And he arose and departed to his house.
8 Now when the multitudes saw it, they marveled[a] and glorified God, who had given such power to men.
For awhile, you had me fooled....

The Bible teaches, while upon earth, because Christ had the same Divinity as God, He had the power to forgive sins.

Mt 9:6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

Mr 2:10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins

Lu 5:24 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins,

Well...surprise surprise...He ain't upon earth any more!!!!

There is no Scripture that teaches, after Christ ascended into Heaven, that He did forgive sins nor that He has the power to do so...

According to you....when Christ taught we are to pray to the Father for forgiveness, He was mistaken????

Quote: After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
truth

Australia

#424051 Feb 21, 2013
You don't liked real Creator.
You have many masters many lords as well many gods..
no i am sorry you don't liked real CREATOR.

Location hidden

#424052 Feb 21, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the High Priest in the heavenly temple. There is no earthly representative.
Hebrews (KJV)
4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
7:27 Who needs not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
8:3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: why it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
8:4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
8:5 Who serve to the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, said he, that you make all things according to the pattern showed to you in the mount.
9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest enters into the holy place every year with blood of others;
9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world has he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China!!!!!
truth

Australia

#424053 Feb 21, 2013
Are you for sure they are real or somebody else with many face on many place.!?
truth

Australia

#424054 Feb 21, 2013
Long time ago evil come in matrix..its not mean do you liked me..i am not force you for any love or mercy toward me..not at all..it is as it is long time ago evil is there.

Location hidden

#424055 Feb 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
At least we agree on one thing...

One of the first things I learned as a negotiator, is to get the opponent to agree on something...anything...

The first thing I earned as a chess player is to never...ever...underestimate the guy playing the other side of the board!!!!

Who knows....we may agree on a second thing...then a third...etc etc
truth

Australia

#424056 Feb 21, 2013
Miracle like never before..no after that its coming end too..Are you for sure magic evil people is real God Creator?
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424057 Feb 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
For awhile, you had me fooled....
The Bible teaches, while upon earth, because Christ had the same Divinity as God, He had the power to forgive sins.
Mt 9:6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.
Mr 2:10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins
Lu 5:24 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins,
Well...surprise surprise...He ain't upon earth any more!!!!
There is no Scripture that teaches, after Christ ascended into Heaven, that He did forgive sins nor that He has the power to do so...
According to you....when Christ taught we are to pray to the Father for forgiveness, He was mistaken????
Quote: After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
1 Corinthians

2By which also you are saved, if you keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless you have believed in vain.

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

17And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain;[ you are yet in your sins.]

18Then they also who are fallen asleep in Christ have perished.

19If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most to be pitied.

22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24Then comes the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25For he must reign, till he has put all enemies under his feet.

26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27For he has put all things under his feet. But when he says all things are put under him, it is clear that he is excepted, who did put all things under him.

28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424058 Feb 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
Marge if you don'tthink Christ has the Power to forgive sin yeaterday, today and forever your as looney as OX
truth

Australia

#424059 Feb 21, 2013
I try play chess with my father..but i can't be perfect i remember i win ones..maybe my father left me excess..but i remember i win over queen as well king with only on thing we call pijun=as foot soldier..

please tell me
Are you for sure you did not know about zavite as prayers without shoes..a yes yes nobody remember not at all.
you not honor me not love me..lips simple used..now

Are you for sure you know who is real Creator?
truth

Australia

#424060 Feb 21, 2013
then what they will say
you are man not god

very sad game
man become corupt
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424061 Feb 21, 2013
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Eph.1
[1] Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
[2] Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
[3] Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
[4] According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
[5] Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
[6] To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
[7] In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
[8] Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
[9] Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
[10] That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
[11] In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
[12] That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
[13] In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
[14] Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
[15] Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
[16] Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
[17] That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
[18] The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
[19] And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
[20] Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
[21] Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
[22] And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
[23] Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Location hidden

#424062 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>1 Corinthians
2By which also you are saved, if you keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless you have believed in vain.
3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
17And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain;[ you are yet in your sins.]
18Then they also who are fallen asleep in Christ have perished.
19If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most to be pitied.
22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24Then comes the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25For he must reign, till he has put all enemies under his feet.
26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27For he has put all things under his feet. But when he says all things are put under him, it is clear that he is excepted, who did put all things under him.
28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China???

There is no Scripture that teaches opposite of what I quoted,...namely, that, while on earth, Christ forgave sins, because He shared the same Divinity with God...

Well...He ain't no more upon the earth!!!!

And..if you have Scripture tat contradicts what I quoted, than we have a fallible Bible...which is impossible!!!!
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#424063 Feb 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China!!!!!

As it says, Jesus is the high priest who deals with sin. When we pray to the Father we do so in the name of Jesus.

Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

2 Chronicles 7:14, NKJV. "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

John 14:13 And whatever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14:14 If you shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

This why only those with the "faith of Jesus" are spiritual Israel, God's church or bride. We have known God personally.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424064 Feb 21, 2013
2Chron.7:14 (KJV)
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424065 Feb 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China???
There is no Scripture that teaches opposite of what I quoted,...namely, that, while on earth, Christ forgave sins, because He shared the same Divinity with God...
Well...He ain't no more upon the earth!!!!
And..if you have Scripture tat contradicts what I quoted, than we have a fallible Bible...which is impossible!!!!
2Chron.7:14 (KJV)
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

United States

#424066 Feb 21, 2013
guest wrote:
-
you'd like that wouldn't you?
-
there are verses.
-
what makes you think the Pope can *add* to Biblical writings?
-
-
Clay wrote:
No Pope has added to sacred scripture. They do not have the authority to do so. No one has.
The Catechism basically highlights sacred scripture. Its not opposite of the Bible.
Ironically, almost every minister I've heard, has added to sacred scripture. The obvious addition would be Sola Scripture. Some have added sola fide too. The first one doesn't appear at all in the Bible. The second one COULD appear, but only if you isolate certain verses and use them to cancel out other verses.
And lets not get into the Book of Revelation, you guys add your personal ideology to Johns visions and some have made entire religions out of it.
-
-
Clay: "No Pope has added to sacred scripture. They do not have the authority to do so. No one has."
-
of course, Clay. So tell me so I can under stand this:
-
When the church was "compiling" the scripture ... approximately 800 years AFTER Jewish canon of scripture was closed ... did the Jews of their day come by and say, "Yo! Dudes! somehow we forgot these books - so here they are and you need to add them into the Hebrew scriptures.":
-
Tobit
Judith
1 Maccabees
2 Maccabees
Wisdom
Sirach
Baruch
-
-
I don't think so. These books were added by the Catholic Church ... with the Pope's approval.

Location hidden

#424067 Feb 21, 2013
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Eph.1
[1] Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
[2] Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
[3] Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
[4] According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
[5] Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
[6] To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
[7] In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
[8] Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
[9] Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
[10] That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
[11] In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
[12] That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
[13] In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
[14] Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
[15] Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
[16] Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
[17] That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
[18] The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
[19] And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
[20] Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
[21] Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
[22] And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
[23] Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
You are denying the direct teaching of Christ....pay attention to the words in the upper case..

OUR FATHER which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

There is no Scripture that contradicts His direct and exact words...none...zilch....

You owe marge a apology....
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#424068 Feb 21, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
As it says, Jesus is the high priest who deals with sin. When we pray to the Father we do so in the name of Jesus.
Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
2 Chronicles 7:14, NKJV. "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
John 14:13 And whatever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14:14 If you shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
This why only those with the "faith of Jesus" are spiritual Israel, God's church or bride. We have known God personally.
I hope Ox is doing a Price Ceck On the Eggs in China....lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 30 min barry 84,043
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Cultastic 9,179
News A most reluctant crusader 4 hr Polaris 11
News Armenian Genocide: Turkey To Convert Hagia Sofi... 13 hr SpaceBlues 6
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... Sat Erkek Turk 19
News Turkish Leaders Invoke Crusades, Inquisition in... Apr 18 Chuck 22
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Apr 16 ELIAS IBARRA 51
More from around the web