Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
408,621 - 408,640 of 533,289 Comments Last updated 31 min ago
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you doing Marge, we are just about popcycles up here, in the great white North of Canada. It has not stopped snowing for about a month. The storms are the worst I have seen in about 10 years or more.
How is your family ? hope all is well. God has really been blessing me with what He is doing in mine.
My son and daughter are doing great. God bless Love you sis
We're having a snowstorm right now suppose to get seven inches we'll see. We have a farm in nebraska and they have already received much needed moisture from this storm, winter storm Q they call it, we have been praying for that much needed moisture.

Family is doing well Ltm, no reason not to give thanks continuelly!

I love you sis, God Bless.
chuck

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
NO!! It is in Jesus' own (explicit)(exact Words telling you and every one of His followers and believers, that "without eating His body and blood in the Eucharist" you CANNOT have eternal life!!!
Then what does John 3:16 mean?
socci

Mount Vernon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

FYI: the priest can not absolve sin.

Have you ever asked Jesus to forgive sin?

Is being a member of the Roman Church with a figurehead claiming to be 'vicar of christ', a sin?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok... The Apostle Paul said we are sinning against the actual body and blood of Jesus Christ if we eat the bread and drink the wine unworthily.
There shouldn't be anyway around it dear.
Of course, there shouldn't be anyway around "This is my body, this is my blood" either. But you proud born agains temporarily found a way.
Yes Clay, and Paul told us exactly how they were sinning against the actual Sacrifice they were suppose to be celebrating.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. You gave me scripture that you un authoritatively took out of context.
You fool me not.
What? No I didn't I gave you 1 Cor 11, read the whole chapter for yourself, with God's guidance from above of course.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: It is called Protestant born-again (bible only) "Relative Truths------all "42,000 of them---- conflicting, contradicting and inconsistent "what each "person" decides" for himself--- is the truth"!!!!! There has, is and will continue to be "only one truth" --biblical and historically PROVEN for over 2000 years--and it is in Jesus Christ and His (on and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church--the bride of Christ---which is the FULLNESS of the Faith and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH!---Sorry Marge but all we (Catholics) "ever" hear from you bible only "fundies" is "Relative (personal opinionated) half-truth, half-heresy Christianity.
Hello Hojo, how are you?

I gave you Scripture not my opinion. Blessings

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
FYI: the priest can not absolve sin.
Have you ever asked Jesus to forgive sin?
Is being a member of the Roman Church with a figurehead claiming to be 'vicar of christ', a sin?
If you are waiting for Christ to forgive you your sins....pack a lunch!!! It ain't gonna happen!!!!!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay...if you are waiting for God to make you hear....you will be waiting for eternity....God never has, never will, make anybody do anything!!!!!!
At this point in my life, if I were to walk into one of those Presbyterian Evangelical Baptist churches and do an alter call and declare "I'm born again; I accept Christ as my savior!" I would expect Jesus to slap me upside the head for failing to see He has been with me since my second grade First Holy Communion and before.(but I clearly remember the good feeling on my first communion, knowing something special just happened)
Anyway, I also reaffirmed my parents decision to bring me to baptism. I did this in 8th grade and testify to being sealed with the Holy Spirit. All Catholic youth get the chance to do this btw.

How insulting to Jesus Christ if I were to leave His Church to do an alter call at one of yours and get 'saved'. Really Ox, He gave me the precious gift of the Eucharist, and I can't think anything more insulting to Him than to turn my back on it.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

svezder and biljozder=sacrifice=dinosaur..

Did people still eat?
Why they have to eat?
Why Creator created homo-sapiens..did they need feed themself?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

1 Corinthians 11:17-34

Order at the Lordís Supper

17 But in the following instructions, I cannot praise you. For it sounds as if more harm than good is done when you meet together. 18 First, I hear that there are divisions among you when you meet as a church, and to some extent I believe it. 19 But, of course, there must be divisions among you so that you who have Godís approval will be recognized!

20 When you meet together, you are not really interested in the Lordís Supper. 21 For some of you hurry to eat your own meal without sharing with others. As a result, some go hungry while others get drunk. 22 What? Donít you have your own homes for eating and drinking? Or do you really want to disgrace Godís church and shame the poor? What am I supposed to say? Do you want me to praise you? Well, I certainly will not praise you for this!

23 For I pass on to you what I received from the Lord himself. On the night when he was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread 24 and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and said,ďThis is my body, which is given for you.f Do this to remember me.Ē 25 In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying,ďThis cup is the new covenant between God and his peopleóan agreement confirmed with my blood. Do this to remember me as often as you drink it.Ē 26 For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lordís death until he comes again.

27 So anyone who eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord unworthily is guilty of sinning againstg the body and blood of the Lord. 28 That is why you should examine yourself before eating the bread and drinking the cup. 29 For if you eat the bread or drink the cup without honoring the body of Christ, you are eating and drinking Godís judgment upon yourself. 30 That is why many of you are weak and sick and some have even died.

31 But if we would examine ourselves, we would not be judged by God in this way. 32 Yet when we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned along with the world.

33 So, my dear brothers and sisters, when you gather for the Lordís Supper, wait for each other. 34 If you are really hungry, eat at home so you wonít bring judgment upon yourselves when you meet together. Iíll give you instructions about the other matters after I arrive.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

In matrix evil is long time ago.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you doing Marge, we are just about popcycles up here, in the great white North of Canada. It has not stopped snowing for about a month. The storms are the worst I have seen in about 10 years or more.
How is your family ? hope all is well. God has really been blessing me with what He is doing in mine.
My son and daughter are doing great. God bless Love you sis
hey, you do gots an advantage over us down south. when you turn blue from the cold, no one can see that you might have varicose veins
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said,ďThis is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.Ē 25In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying,ďThis cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.Ē 26For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lordís death until he comes."
When read in the literal sense...it teaches us to be cannibals...Christ never did such a thing!!!!
cannibal: A person who eats the flesh of other humans.
Don't tell me that. Tell Christ that. I already partook in the Eucharist, I'll go to my death defending it. I can't be convinced to walk away from it. I understand it completely Ox and you do not. Your minister it not in the Catholic Church, so it does no good for Him to try and have Holy Communion.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

marge wrote:
17 But in the following instructions, I cannot praise you. For it sounds as if more harm than good is done when you meet together. 18 First, I hear that there are divisions among you when you meet as a church, and to some extent I believe it. 19 But, of course, there must be divisions among you so that you who have Godís approval will be recognized!
20 When you meet together, you are not really interested in the Lordís Supper. 21 For some of you hurry to eat your own meal without sharing with others. As a result, some go hungry while others get drunk. 22 What? Donít you have your own homes for eating and drinking? Or do you really want to disgrace Godís church and shame the poor? What am I supposed to say? Do you want me to praise you? Well, I certainly will not praise you for this!
23 For I pass on to you what I received from the Lord himself. On the night when he was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread 24 and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and said,ďThis is my body, which is given for you.f Do this to remember me.Ē 25 In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying,ďThis cup is the new covenant between God and his peopleóan agreement confirmed with my blood. Do this to remember me as often as you drink it.Ē 26 For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lordís death until he comes again.
27 So anyone who eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord unworthily is guilty of sinning againstg the body and blood of the Lord. 28 That is why you should examine yourself before eating the bread and drinking the cup. 29 For if you eat the bread or drink the cup without honoring the body of Christ, you are eating and drinking Godís judgment upon yourself. 30 That is why many of you are weak and sick and some have even died.
31 But if we would examine ourselves, we would not be judged by God in this way. 32 Yet when we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned along with the world.
33 So, my dear brothers and sisters, when you gather for the Lordís Supper, wait for each other. 34 If you are really hungry, eat at home so you wonít bring judgment upon yourselves when you meet together. Iíll give you instructions about the other matters after I arrive.
Wow. And you still deny it...

Say, 1cor 11:34 "I'll give you instructions about the other matters after I arrive"

I wonder what matters Paul needed to instruct the Church at Corinth about. I guess we'll never know, because its not in the Bible. Oh well, It probably wasn't important then...
Saban fan

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But you said 'Amen' because you agreed with 4gvn that the Bible is all that is necessary. Yet, you and 4gvn are poles apart on theology. Obviously, its ridiculous to agree with each other when the only thing you got in common is that you hate the Catholic Church.
I'm wondering just how different me and 4gvn are? I know I haven't read all of 4gvn's posts, but from the ones I've read I've been in agreement. Maybe you can point out the vast differences between us.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

cup or casa
a e i ou
acu ecu icu ocu ucu
''n''
necu=see hocu and necu=yes and no
http://bible.cc/matthew/5-37.htm
casa asa esa isa osa usa
i been spite many times i been pool many times as well rejected many times..

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ironman, I was very touch by your testemony. In fact it bought tears to my eyes.
cont
Thanks LTM. I had a very rough time as a young man! I now know that we must walk threw the hardship to learn and grow! A two year old child cried over his fathers grave screaming for him as he lied there under 30 years old! It was one of the hardest times in my life but it brought about change for me and a peace that runs deep within me. I still get teary eyed recalling that event but I trust God! I stand on a strong foundation and beleive God will always do and want whats best for us all. In order to become better Christians we must learn to be patient, humble, and accepting of others and thier differences. We must walk threw the hardship as we would walk threw the times of joy. Had it not been for my struggles I wouldn't be half the man I've become! I'm thankful for my experiences and thankful God choose to open my eyes. I have become a KNOWER! I know God is there guiding me! I believe in his word, I know he exsists and loves all his creations! We were created different but the same.Interestingly, when I lose someone close I'm sad but I also rejoice in the fact that God will recieve them. I believe in God! I believe he is loving,just, and will not hold us accountable for what we don't understand and thats alot!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

marge wrote:
Its too bad Paul forgot to explain what he meant in his letter. The ol fellow just handed it out to everyone and then took off. They got it all messed up and actually thought the bread and wine were the real presence of Jesus Christ. Thankfully the evangelicals cleared it all up, and now teach what Paul was really saying to those Corinthians.
Saban fan

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No inconsistencies on the Catholics here. In fact, I don't need to check anything they say. I know we'll be in communion with each other and in communion with someone on the other side of the world who I never met.
Can you guys say the same thing about each other?
Every 1st day of the week the church commemorates Jesus' sacrifice for us.'The church' meaning everyone worldwide "in Christ", His body, His Kingdom, until He comes again.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wondering just how different me and 4gvn are? I know I haven't read all of 4gvn's posts, but from the ones I've read I've been in agreement. Maybe you can point out the vast differences between us.
trust me on this one. you are very different. and I dont even know you, but he has the filthiest mouth on this forum. I mean filthy and several have called him on it.not that he cares.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 min Cultastic 8,186
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 7 min ELIAS IBARRA 60
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 41 min Jaffna Fake Brahmin Dog 3
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••