Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,823
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

United States

#423976 Feb 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't change anything Clay,
23For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said,“This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying,“This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
27Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. 29For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31But if we judged ourselves, we would not come under judgment. 32When we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned with the world.
33So then, my brothers, when you come together to eat, wait for each other. 34If anyone is hungry, he should eat at home, so that when you meet together it may not result in judgment
Yep here Paul shows us how;
How do you dodge the fact that Paul says we profane the actual flesh of Our Lord if we partake in communion unworthily?

You know what Marge, forget it. I think its utterly sad hearing you guys twist the scriptures around to adhere to your new version of Christianity.
You've heard the truth from Catholics on here. So ignore it and carry on with your conspiracy Christianity...it does no good to keep combing over stuff you're already been made aware of. Let your beliefs stand before Almighty God on judgement day. Only He can see into your heart and only He knows if you're deliberately being ignorant of playing dumb

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#423977 Feb 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me in your own words what this verse means:
"whoever eats the bread and drinks the chalice in an unworthily manner is guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord"
How can we sin against the body and blood of Jesus Christ if the bread and wine are not Him?
To literally eat His flesh and drink His blood is the act of a cannibal....Christ did not say we are to be cannibals!!!!

This, evidently, is a word you are not familiar with: allegory: A symbolic representation: The blindfolded figure with scales is an allegory of justice.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#423978 Feb 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what Marge, forget it. I think its utterly sad hearing you guys twist the scriptures around to adhere to your new version of Christianity.
You are one to talk.

How else did you think Christianity got started?

Yep....just like you rebuke others for doing:
- the interpretation you use was actually chosen by men.

What makes you so different?
- is it because you lean on other men to support the "one interpretation" even though you know that it was the interpreation of about 300 men to get to the belief you use.

Sounds a bit dishonest - knowing these facts exist, but still refusing to acknowledge them.

Typical Catholic.

Location hidden

#423980 Feb 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't change anything Clay,
23For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said,“This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying,“This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
27Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. 29For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31But if we judged ourselves, we would not come under judgment. 32When we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned with the world.
33So then, my brothers, when you come together to eat, wait for each other. 34If anyone is hungry, he should eat at home, so that when you meet together it may not result in judgment
Yep here Paul shows us how;
"The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said,“This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying,“This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes."

When read in the literal sense...it teaches us to be cannibals...Christ never did such a thing!!!!

cannibal: A person who eats the flesh of other humans.
marge

Ames, IA

#423983 Feb 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you dodge the fact that Paul says we profane the actual flesh of Our Lord if we partake in communion unworthily?
You've heard the truth from Catholics on here. So ignore it and carry on with your conspiracy Christianity...it does no good to keep combing over stuff you're already been made aware of. Let your beliefs stand before Almighty God on judgement day. Only He can see into your heart and only He knows if you're deliberately being ignorant of playing dumb
Excuse me? Not my fault if Scripture confirms my doctrine and shreds yours.

And yes Clay, God is the Judge and He will judge you according to His Word.

You've heard the Truth from us born-agains, only God can make you hear it.
marge

Ames, IA

#423985 Feb 21, 2013
I gave Clay Scripture and he just can't hear it as it disagrees with his doctrine.

He runs from the Truth too like Anthony and Regina.

Albuquerque, NM

#423986 Feb 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Another false conclusion. In fact, wrong in many regards.

Example?

Sure - you stated above "only God can make you hear it."

Why is this wrong? First and foremost, "God" supposedly gave men free will, so you statement contradicts "God's gift" to humanity.

That was just one reason why your belief is incorrect, just like Catholicism's ideology of a one true church scenario.

You are both incorrect to think your paths are the path to salvation.

I just wish I could be there at your appearance in the after-life.

Exciting, huh?
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#423987 Feb 21, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
"They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Saviour Jesus Christ, which suffered for our sins, and which the Father, of His goodness, raised up again." Ignatius of Antioch, Epistle to Smyrnaeans, 7,1 (c. A.D. 110).
Justice, We have Holy Communion, in rememberance of Christ as He commanded we share bread and wine unfermented.
We don't believe it is the flesh of Christ nor the bleed.

Jesus was sharing the Passover supper with the disciples, I do not believe He ate His own flesh or drank His own blood. He had not yet been crucified.
A very important issue the catholic's have over looked.
Nothing the catholic's teach falls into line with the HOly Scriptures they made up a story, and built a religion on traditions they have made. Like christmas, easter, Eucharist, The Mary, they had a KIng of Heaven why not have a Queen.
Sounds like Israel, who damned a King even though they had a Heavenly KIng they wanted a earthly one.
As if God wasn't Good enough, Catholic's have done the same thing.
Jesus isn't good enough so they selected for themselves a queen.
Being smart in their own eyes they have become fools.

Albuquerque, NM

#423988 Feb 21, 2013
missing word - "You are both incorrect to think your paths are the path to salvation."

Should have been - "....are the only paths to salvation."

Sorry - my bad.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#423989 Feb 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: It is called Protestant born-again (bible only) "Relative Truths------all "42,000 of them---- conflicting, contradicting and inconsistent "what each "person" decides" for himself--- is the truth"!!!!! There has, is and will continue to be "only one truth" --biblical and historically PROVEN for over 2000 years--and it is in Jesus Christ and His (on and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church--the bride of Christ---which is the FULLNESS of the Faith and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH!---Sorry Marge but all we (Catholics) "ever" hear from you bible only "fundies" is "Relative (personal opinionated) half-truth, half-heresy Christianity.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#423990 Feb 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good gravy Clay...Christ is talking about faith, not eating Him.
"Christ said He abides in you and you in Him"...you're right, we can read about it
in Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
**I live by faith in the Son of God. Not by eating the Son of God.
** You've been duped Clay
John 6:47-59 in Jesus Christs own SPOKEN WORDS; Unless you eat my body, which is (real food) and drink my blood (which is real drink)---YOU CANNOT----have ETERNAL LIFE!!
Yes Chuck---You bible only "fundies" (definitely)HAVE BEEN DUPED!
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#423991 Feb 21, 2013
marge wrote:
I gave Clay Scripture and he just can't hear it as it disagrees with his doctrine.
How are you doing Marge, we are just about popcycles up here, in the great white North of Canada. It has not stopped snowing for about a month. The storms are the worst I have seen in about 10 years or more.
How is your family ? hope all is well. God has really been blessing me with what He is doing in mine.
My son and daughter are doing great. God bless Love you sis
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#423992 Feb 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Why don't you believe Jesus?
We do believe Jesus!!---- Why don't you believe what Jesus says "in the Gospels" Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True Church and John 6:47-59 regarding His "true body and true blood" in the Eucharist----"For without it--you CANNOT have eternal life"!
Again--"why don't you believe the TRUE SPOKEN WORDS of Jesus!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#423993 Feb 21, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
eucharist = rome's way of hijacking christianity to control the masses and extort 'tithes' from all over the world!
you're welcome!:)
NO!! It is in Jesus' own (explicit)(exact Words telling you and every one of His followers and believers, that "without eating His body and blood in the Eucharist" you CANNOT have eternal life!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#423994 Feb 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We do believe Jesus!!---- Why don't you believe what Jesus says "in the Gospels" Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True Church and John 6:47-59 regarding His "true body and true blood" in the Eucharist----"For without it--you CANNOT have eternal life"!
Continuing to lie about what you and others believe is quite telling.

"We do believe Jesus!!" - only a part of Jesus is more accurate.

"Why don't you believe what Jesus says "in the Gospels"
- I never said I didn't. But limiting Jesus to only the Bible is not believing in Jesus. It is only half-believing, as you and many others do.

Why are you trying to mislead others with tales of grandeur, when really they are only just misdirections and omissions of his teachings?
Clay

United States

#423995 Feb 21, 2013
marge wrote:
Lol. You gave me scripture that you un authoritatively took out of context.

You fool me not.

Location hidden

#423996 Feb 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay...if you are waiting for God to make you hear....you will be waiting for eternity....God never has, never will, make anybody do anything!!!!!!
Clay

United States

#423997 Feb 21, 2013
marge wrote:
Ok... The Apostle Paul said we are sinning against the actual body and blood of Jesus Christ if we eat the bread and drink the wine unworthily.

There shouldn't be anyway around it dear.

Of course, there shouldn't be anyway around "This is my body, this is my blood" either. But you proud born agains temporarily found a way.
truth

Australia

#423998 Feb 21, 2013
Did your Creator divided water and land..yes it is..man and woman..yes it is?
now
Who told you not eat meat as well others things..we call that svezder as some group as pig..
I am sorry why i have to say on ordinary way.

About teaching..yes even about teaching..yes we are hopeless desperate and so on but we are strong too..how much..not to much far away to be next liar.

One teacher come another go..its your opinion on religion or any sort of schooling hospitality and so on?
How many Lords you have?
How many Masters you have?
How many time you liked be as org as well org..we call that stranac=strange.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/bbe/psalms/pas...

Location hidden

#423999 Feb 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
For starters, the stupidity you and your ilk have accepted and live by, is hereby illustrated..

Christ also said "Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep."

Does that mean he was actually a door for little four-legged wooly critters (sheep)? Don't sheep use a gate...not a door????

He also said "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing..

Does that mean Christ is actually a vine??? Are you a branch??? What kind of fruit do you bring???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 21 hr Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 23 hr pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Thu PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••