Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
408,581 - 408,600 of 532,518 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>

Why do you oppose "God's" inspiration of other people?
EXACTLY!! God inspired the Apostles and inspired (countless numbers) of the (other) followers of Jesus Christ and His One True Church that He initiated in Matt 16:13-21. God's "divine inspiration" was His "supernatural influence" which conveyed the "truth" of His message of Salvation and the Catholic Church. i.e. People such as Polycarp, Ignatius, Juatin Martyr, Irenaeus, Agustine, Jerome, Cyprian, Lactantius, Clememt of Alexandria, Origen, Tertullian, and on and on throughout over 2000 years of the Catholic Church!! You've got it right, New Age, when you speak of Gods "inspiring" of other people. Read the TRUTH of TRUE Church History by the Apologist Historian authors and writers and you will eventually become "enlightened to both the Biblical and Histeorical TRUTH!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Clay, you are partially correct. The new testament did not start the Roman Catholic Church. Nor did it start Jesus' church. Jesus himelf started His church (a called out group of believers) by calling them to follow Him. When they did, they became a part of His church. The same call is issued to this day, and His church is built the same way. Each time someone chooses to "follow Him' They become a part of His church. Jesus did not call us to come follow the Church.
So Jesus started a 'group of believers' with no particular doctrine; who read some of the writings of His Apostles and convince themselves that the Holy Spirit just guided their interpretations, but none of them really agree with each other??

Boy 4gvn, that doesn't make much sense.

Imagine for a second if the Catholic Church and her teachings are valid, and it is indeed the very Church that Christ started and guided to truth for the past 2,000 yrs. Imagine the Eucharist is exactly what the CC says it is and all the Apostolic fathers agreed it was...
Here you are, devoting so much energy to (potentially) be going against the very will of Jesus Christ. Wow.
My excuse on judgement day (if I'm wrong) is that I merely followed the Church that was there from the beginning - 266 Popes ago. I followed the group who created the New Testament and I trusted that Jesus Christ was not lying when He promised to be with them til the end of the world and the gates of hell wouldn't prevail against it.

But you? If you're wrong what are you going on say?
'I discovered some things in the New Testament that the previous Christians got wrong.'?

You people need the Eucharist. You need that spiritual nourishment before its too late.
Trust me.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus started a 'group of believers' with no particular doctrine; who read some of the writings of His Apostles and convince themselves that the Holy Spirit just guided their interpretations, but none of them really agree with each other??
Boy 4gvn, that doesn't make much sense.
Imagine for a second if the Catholic Church and her teachings are valid, and it is indeed the very Church that Christ started and guided to truth for the past 2,000 yrs. Imagine the Eucharist is exactly what the CC says it is and all the Apostolic fathers agreed it was...
Here you are, devoting so much energy to (potentially) be going against the very will of Jesus Christ. Wow.
My excuse on judgement day (if I'm wrong) is that I merely followed the Church that was there from the beginning - 266 Popes ago. I followed the group who created the New Testament and I trusted that Jesus Christ was not lying when He promised to be with them til the end of the world and the gates of hell wouldn't prevail against it.
But you? If you're wrong what are you going on say?
'I discovered some things in the New Testament that the previous Christians got wrong.'?
You people need the Eucharist. You need that spiritual nourishment before its too late.
Trust me.
eucharist = rome's way of hijacking christianity to control the masses and extort 'tithes' from all over the world!

you're welcome!:)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me.
What a clown

Romans 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

***Nope...Clay says not enough, we need the eucharist

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5 who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, 9 obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

**Nope...Clay says not enough, we need the eucharist (look Clay your first pope doesn't mention baptism or eucharist)

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes

*****Nope...Clay says not enough, we need the eucharist

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY!! God inspired the Apostles and inspired (countless numbers) of the (other) followers of Jesus Christ and His One True Church that He initiated in Matt 16:13-21. God's "divine inspiration" was His "supernatural influence" which conveyed the "truth" of His message of Salvation and the Catholic Church. i.e. People such as Polycarp, Ignatius, Juatin Martyr, Irenaeus, Agustine, Jerome, Cyprian, Lactantius, Clememt of Alexandria, Origen, Tertullian, and on and on throughout over 2000 years of the Catholic Church!! You've got it right, New Age, when you speak of Gods "inspiring" of other people. Read the TRUTH of TRUE Church History by the Apologist Historian authors and writers and you will eventually become "enlightened to both the Biblical and Histeorical TRUTH!
...and yet you don't agree he inspired the remaining 7 Apostles that are not in the canon.

Why do you limit "God's inspiration" to just a handful of men?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the TRUTH of TRUE Church History by the Apologist Historian authors and writers and you will eventually become "enlightened to both the Biblical and Histeorical TRUTH!
I did and they aren't.

BTW - Biblical truth is created by men and historical is supported by facts uncovered by men.

The RCC has failed at conveying both.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What a clown
Romans 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5 who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, 9 obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
**Nope...Clay says not enough, we need the eucharist (look Clay your first pope doesn't mention baptism or eucharist)
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes
You can cite every verse in the New Testament if you want.

You're looking at the menu without ever ordering the meal.

However Chuck, I do not doubt that you experience Christ by only reading and praying.

Remember, we Catholics don't deny Jesus presence in your community. You guys deny Jesus in us.
You guys are still a doctrinal mess. Heck, you can't even agree if you got a doctrine...

You need the Eucharist. Christ said He abides in you and you in Him if you eat His flesh. Paul and all the Apostolic fathers instructed us how this is possible.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What a clown
When you understand that Clay has more divine wisdom than God, you can really appreciate his correcting God!!!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You need the Eucharist. Christ said He abides in you and you in Him if you eat His flesh.
Good gravy Clay...Christ is talking about faith, not eating Him.

"Christ said He abides in you and you in Him"...you're right, we can read about it

in Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

**I live by faith in the Son of God. Not by eating the Son of God.

** You've been duped Clay
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good gravy Clay...Christ is talking about faith, not eating Him.
"Christ said He abides in you and you in Him"...you're right, we can read about it
in Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
**I live by faith in the Son of God. Not by eating the Son of God.
** You've been duped Clay
Unfortunately, Christ said we need to eat the flesh of Him. He and the Apostles showed us how.
You can't undo this Chuck.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
However Chuck, I do not doubt that you experience Christ by only reading and praying.
Remember, we Catholics don't deny Jesus presence in your community. You guys deny Jesus in us.
You guys are still a doctrinal mess. Heck, you can't even agree if you got a doctrine...
You need the Eucharist. Christ said He abides in you and you in Him if you eat His flesh. Paul and all the Apostolic fathers instructed us how this is possible.
Clay can you tell me in your own words what this verse means:

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God"
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
With all that liqour you guys consume after Mass etc That woud be like a woman that consumes alcohol when pregnant you know it has a profound effect on what is concieved in her womb/body.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, Christ said we need to eat the flesh of Him. He and the Apostles showed us how.
I'm not undoing anything Clay. I understand the context of what Christ is saying.

"it is the Spirit who gives life"
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
It means all scripture is given by inspiration of God.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not undoing anything Clay. I understand the context of what Christ is saying.
"it is the Spirit who gives life"
Then be sure to open up your bible before God and show Him John 6:63 and explain why you undid 2,000 yrs of Church teachings based on this verse. Ok?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me in your own words what this verse means:
"whoever eats the bread and drinks the chalice in an unworthily manner is guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord"

How can we sin against the body and blood of Jesus Christ if the bread and wine are not Him?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It means all scripture is given by inspiration of God.
....after it was voted on by men.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me in your own words what this verse means:
"whoever eats the bread and drinks the chalice in an unworthily manner is guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord"
How can we sin against the body and blood of Jesus Christ if the bread and wine are not Him?
Paul tells us;

In the following directives I have no praise for you, for your meetings do more harm than good. 18In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church, there are divisions among you, and to some extent I believe it. 19No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which of you have God’s approval. 20When you come together, it is not the Lord’s Supper you eat, 21for as you eat, each of you goes ahead without waiting for anybody else. One remains hungry, another gets drunk. 22Don’t you have homes to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and humiliate those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you for this? Certainly not!
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't change anything Clay,

23For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said,“This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying,“This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

27Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. 29For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31But if we judged ourselves, we would not come under judgment. 32When we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned with the world.

33So then, my brothers, when you come together to eat, wait for each other. 34If anyone is hungry, he should eat at home, so that when you meet together it may not result in judgment

Yep here Paul shows us how;
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

How the Roman Catholic Church started

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Married in 8,121
More 8 hr True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 8 hr Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 9 hr ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••