Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603157 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423949 Feb 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
RE: the Real Presence, his/her comments were also true. Belief varies as to details and use of "transubstantiation" to describe it, but a belief in the Real Presence is indeed a feature of Anglican Community theology
Thanks.

"They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Saviour Jesus Christ, which suffered for our sins, and which the Father, of His goodness, raised up again." Ignatius of Antioch, Epistle to Smyrnaeans, 7,1 (c. A.D. 110).

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#423950 Feb 21, 2013
alessandro alfieri wrote:
Fundie-mental-ists not only wear the mark of the beast, they ARE the mark of the beast!
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy -...

New Age wrote:
Citation please.

Please show me a representation of this "mark" you speak of. You seem to know exactly what it looks like, where it is located on a person, and other key facts.

Please present them thoroughly....or....

Shut the frak up and take your hatred elsewhere.
alessandro alfieri wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let the truth disturb you, oh, little Christian wannabe.
Remember the Fundie-mental-ist creed -- "it's all good"!
Now bow down and worship your bible like a good little Fundie idolator.
Hojo?

:o)

Just kidding, but you shure have the same mentality as he.

Why don't you go back and re-read what I wrote and answer with something that is related, because your above post has nothing to do with what I initially posted.

Except you did divert from answering with a citation - very well....most "little half-Christian wannabes"....do, because they haven't a viable answer to retort with.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#423951 Feb 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You can always tell an "anti-catholic" but you can't tell him much!!! HOW TRUE, HOW TRUE! Dialogue, discussion and debate are a "total waste of time" with you or any heretical non-catholic who has "grounded his "so-called Christian faith" in the rejection of over 2000 years of the historical and biblical AUTHENTICATED TRUTH of Jesus 'Christ and His One True Catholic Church! Just "make it up" as you go along New Age! It is called "relative truth" in its "finest hour"! We'll just wait for "hour number two" in order to get the next "dose of bible contradiction, confusion and chaos!!!! You, my friend can have it!! IT IS ALL YOURS!!!
Funny thing is....you continue to say I reject the Bible, but haven't given any proof to such nonsense.

All I've stated is the Bible is incomplete, and while you think it is complete, it isn't.

It is only complete, because men have stated such.

Why do you oppose "God's" inspiration of other people?
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423952 Feb 21, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
Dark secrets of the Catholic Church; Ex nun Confesses
Why all this hate? Doesnt YOUR denom have any "dark secrets"? Is your church composed solely of saints.

In reality your church, the catholic church, my church, they all contain a whole mixture of people. Also the clergy too, some good some bad.

But instead of praying for unity, and acting with charity you want to tear down the CC, the church Jesus founded. Why is that!!!! rant over

Albuquerque, NM

#423953 Feb 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
good morning people,been gone awhile here,i'm sure i was missed,been in the hospital again!,was seconds away from total renal fairlure,became dillusional,lost time, have no memory from 2:30 a.m.sunday till wesdnday morning when i woke up,my now ex-g/f recorded what happened,it scared the hell out of her so bad that she broke up with me and took out a restraining order against me,which i can and can not understand why, i would never lay a hand on her for no reason in the world,she is the best thing in the world that ever happened to me,her problem is that she is an HIGHLY! overly sensitive girl,now i feel totally lost,my world is gone,have no idea how i'm gonna go on,plus i lost my dog too,my wonderful little angel,capable of following 32 commands now and climbing,and i'll never see her again (sniffle,sniffle,sniffle),oh well.i'm lucky i didn't sell my house like i wanted too.now that i vented,sorry but i needed that. NOW! back to the debate.
Sorry to hear your bad times Jethro - I hope they get better for you.

"Restraining order"
- doesn't sound like a relationship that can be amended. Bummer, you talked very highly of her. It is kind of sad that some people have troubles dealing with personal issues, that are not theirs or have the ability to give support to those in need of the extra help.

You see to be a strong gent. I have faith in that you can make the right decisions going forward and if anything, learn from all of this to make yourlife even better than before.

BTW - I've taken you off of the "prayer list" and handed that request directly to Jesus in order to help you....*winks*.....

Why go throught he middle fundamentalists and Catholics. You can deal directly with Jesus.

:o)

Cheers and best regards and peace to you and your family,
NA
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423954 Feb 21, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Why all this hate? Doesnt YOUR denom have any "dark secrets"? Is your church composed solely of saints.
In reality your church, the catholic church, my church, they all contain a whole mixture of people. Also the clergy too, some good some bad.
But instead of praying for unity, and acting with charity you want to tear down the CC, the church Jesus founded. Why is that!!!! rant over
Concerning Mystrey Babylon

It Is Written

Jeremiah 51:45

King James Version (KJV)

45 My people, go ye out of the midst of her, and deliver ye every man his soul from the fierce anger of the Lord.

Revelation 18:4

King James Version (KJV)

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Genesis 19:14 So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were pledged to marry his daughters. He said, "Hurry and get out of this place, because the LORD is about to destroy the city!" But his sons-in-law thought he was joking.
----------
Isaiah 48:20 Leave Babylon, flee from the Babylonians! Announce this with shouts of joy and proclaim it. Send it out to the ends of the earth; say, "The LORD has redeemed his servant Jacob."
----------
Isaiah 52:11 Depart, depart, go out from there! Touch no unclean thing! Come out from it and be pure, you who carry the vessels of the LORD.
----------
Jeremiah 50:8 "Flee out of Babylon; leave the land of the Babylonians, and be like the goats that lead the flock.
----------
Jeremiah 51:6 "Flee from Babylon! Run for your lives! Do not be destroyed because of her sins. It is time for the LORD's vengeance; he will pay her what she deserves.
----------
Jeremiah 51:9 "'We would have healed Babylon, but she cannot be healed; let us leave her and each go to his own land, for her judgment reaches to the skies, it rises as high as the clouds.'
----------
Jeremiah 51:45 "Come out of her, my people! Run for your lives! Run from the fierce anger of the LORD.
----------
2 Corinthians 6:17 "Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you."

Also the Harlot and her Daughters = RCCand the Protestant Church's keeping her Traditions.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#423955 Feb 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Both Church and Bible are necessary.
The Church puts the Bible into motion. The Mass; the Sacraments; the Eucharist are all bringing to life the sacred writings of the Apostles and the teachings of the OT prophets.
The NT didn't launch the Catholic Church.
It launched your particular church and 40,000 others, however.
Well, Clay, you are partially correct. The new testament did not start the Roman Catholic Church. Nor did it start Jesus' church. Jesus himelf started His church (a called out group of believers) by calling them to follow Him. When they did, they became a part of His church. The same call is issued to this day, and His church is built the same way. Each time someone chooses to "follow Him' They become a part of His church. Jesus did not call us to come follow the Church.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#423956 Feb 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>

Why do you oppose "God's" inspiration of other people?
EXACTLY!! God inspired the Apostles and inspired (countless numbers) of the (other) followers of Jesus Christ and His One True Church that He initiated in Matt 16:13-21. God's "divine inspiration" was His "supernatural influence" which conveyed the "truth" of His message of Salvation and the Catholic Church. i.e. People such as Polycarp, Ignatius, Juatin Martyr, Irenaeus, Agustine, Jerome, Cyprian, Lactantius, Clememt of Alexandria, Origen, Tertullian, and on and on throughout over 2000 years of the Catholic Church!! You've got it right, New Age, when you speak of Gods "inspiring" of other people. Read the TRUTH of TRUE Church History by the Apologist Historian authors and writers and you will eventually become "enlightened to both the Biblical and Histeorical TRUTH!
Clay

United States

#423957 Feb 21, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Clay, you are partially correct. The new testament did not start the Roman Catholic Church. Nor did it start Jesus' church. Jesus himelf started His church (a called out group of believers) by calling them to follow Him. When they did, they became a part of His church. The same call is issued to this day, and His church is built the same way. Each time someone chooses to "follow Him' They become a part of His church. Jesus did not call us to come follow the Church.
So Jesus started a 'group of believers' with no particular doctrine; who read some of the writings of His Apostles and convince themselves that the Holy Spirit just guided their interpretations, but none of them really agree with each other??

Boy 4gvn, that doesn't make much sense.

Imagine for a second if the Catholic Church and her teachings are valid, and it is indeed the very Church that Christ started and guided to truth for the past 2,000 yrs. Imagine the Eucharist is exactly what the CC says it is and all the Apostolic fathers agreed it was...
Here you are, devoting so much energy to (potentially) be going against the very will of Jesus Christ. Wow.
My excuse on judgement day (if I'm wrong) is that I merely followed the Church that was there from the beginning - 266 Popes ago. I followed the group who created the New Testament and I trusted that Jesus Christ was not lying when He promised to be with them til the end of the world and the gates of hell wouldn't prevail against it.

But you? If you're wrong what are you going on say?
'I discovered some things in the New Testament that the previous Christians got wrong.'?

You people need the Eucharist. You need that spiritual nourishment before its too late.
Trust me.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#423958 Feb 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus started a 'group of believers' with no particular doctrine; who read some of the writings of His Apostles and convince themselves that the Holy Spirit just guided their interpretations, but none of them really agree with each other??
Boy 4gvn, that doesn't make much sense.
Imagine for a second if the Catholic Church and her teachings are valid, and it is indeed the very Church that Christ started and guided to truth for the past 2,000 yrs. Imagine the Eucharist is exactly what the CC says it is and all the Apostolic fathers agreed it was...
Here you are, devoting so much energy to (potentially) be going against the very will of Jesus Christ. Wow.
My excuse on judgement day (if I'm wrong) is that I merely followed the Church that was there from the beginning - 266 Popes ago. I followed the group who created the New Testament and I trusted that Jesus Christ was not lying when He promised to be with them til the end of the world and the gates of hell wouldn't prevail against it.
But you? If you're wrong what are you going on say?
'I discovered some things in the New Testament that the previous Christians got wrong.'?
You people need the Eucharist. You need that spiritual nourishment before its too late.
Trust me.
eucharist = rome's way of hijacking christianity to control the masses and extort 'tithes' from all over the world!

you're welcome!:)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#423959 Feb 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me.
What a clown

Romans 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

***Nope...Clay says not enough, we need the eucharist

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5 who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, 9 obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

**Nope...Clay says not enough, we need the eucharist (look Clay your first pope doesn't mention baptism or eucharist)

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes

*****Nope...Clay says not enough, we need the eucharist

Albuquerque, NM

#423960 Feb 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY!! God inspired the Apostles and inspired (countless numbers) of the (other) followers of Jesus Christ and His One True Church that He initiated in Matt 16:13-21. God's "divine inspiration" was His "supernatural influence" which conveyed the "truth" of His message of Salvation and the Catholic Church. i.e. People such as Polycarp, Ignatius, Juatin Martyr, Irenaeus, Agustine, Jerome, Cyprian, Lactantius, Clememt of Alexandria, Origen, Tertullian, and on and on throughout over 2000 years of the Catholic Church!! You've got it right, New Age, when you speak of Gods "inspiring" of other people. Read the TRUTH of TRUE Church History by the Apologist Historian authors and writers and you will eventually become "enlightened to both the Biblical and Histeorical TRUTH!
...and yet you don't agree he inspired the remaining 7 Apostles that are not in the canon.

Why do you limit "God's inspiration" to just a handful of men?

Albuquerque, NM

#423961 Feb 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the TRUTH of TRUE Church History by the Apologist Historian authors and writers and you will eventually become "enlightened to both the Biblical and Histeorical TRUTH!
I did and they aren't.

BTW - Biblical truth is created by men and historical is supported by facts uncovered by men.

The RCC has failed at conveying both.
Clay

United States

#423962 Feb 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What a clown
Romans 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5 who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, 9 obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
**Nope...Clay says not enough, we need the eucharist (look Clay your first pope doesn't mention baptism or eucharist)
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes
You can cite every verse in the New Testament if you want.

You're looking at the menu without ever ordering the meal.

However Chuck, I do not doubt that you experience Christ by only reading and praying.

Remember, we Catholics don't deny Jesus presence in your community. You guys deny Jesus in us.
You guys are still a doctrinal mess. Heck, you can't even agree if you got a doctrine...

You need the Eucharist. Christ said He abides in you and you in Him if you eat His flesh. Paul and all the Apostolic fathers instructed us how this is possible.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#423963 Feb 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What a clown
When you understand that Clay has more divine wisdom than God, you can really appreciate his correcting God!!!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#423964 Feb 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You need the Eucharist. Christ said He abides in you and you in Him if you eat His flesh.
Good gravy Clay...Christ is talking about faith, not eating Him.

"Christ said He abides in you and you in Him"...you're right, we can read about it

in Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

**I live by faith in the Son of God. Not by eating the Son of God.

** You've been duped Clay
Clay

United States

#423965 Feb 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good gravy Clay...Christ is talking about faith, not eating Him.
"Christ said He abides in you and you in Him"...you're right, we can read about it
in Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
**I live by faith in the Son of God. Not by eating the Son of God.
** You've been duped Clay
Unfortunately, Christ said we need to eat the flesh of Him. He and the Apostles showed us how.
You can't undo this Chuck.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#423966 Feb 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
However Chuck, I do not doubt that you experience Christ by only reading and praying.
Remember, we Catholics don't deny Jesus presence in your community. You guys deny Jesus in us.
You guys are still a doctrinal mess. Heck, you can't even agree if you got a doctrine...
You need the Eucharist. Christ said He abides in you and you in Him if you eat His flesh. Paul and all the Apostolic fathers instructed us how this is possible.
Clay can you tell me in your own words what this verse means:

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God"
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423967 Feb 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
With all that liqour you guys consume after Mass etc That woud be like a woman that consumes alcohol when pregnant you know it has a profound effect on what is concieved in her womb/body.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#423968 Feb 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, Christ said we need to eat the flesh of Him. He and the Apostles showed us how.
You can't undo this Chuck.
I'm not undoing anything Clay. I understand the context of what Christ is saying.

"it is the Spirit who gives life"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr Catholic24 84,394
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr ThineWillBeDone 9,672
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Thu Chimney1 420
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web