Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,985
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

United States

#423913 Feb 21, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation begins to make sense when one accepts a few facts:
1. Rev. 1:1-John explains his writings are signified. The message is to be known by him and the intended readers while it remained hidden and meaningless/confusing to any enemy of the church.
2. It's a message to 7 real churches. The message had to be meaningful to them way back then in their persecution. Also, since 7 is a perfect number (3=deity+4=earthly=7) it is intended to be a message for all of Christ's churches.
3. An understanding that Jesus is a reigning King. His Kingdom is the church.
Don't forget the last part of the Book that warns against adding to the prophecies of John.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423914 Feb 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
good morning people,been gone awhile here,i'm sure i was missed,been in the hospital again!
Sorry to hear of you health and relationship troubles. Hang in there and keep the faith. There is a sunny day out there somewhere.
Clay

United States

#423915 Feb 21, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
I said Amen because the statement made was one with which I wholeheartedly agreed. It doesn't hurt anything to highlight our likenesses and say job well done when something is said or done exactly as you like.
I wish I could find more reason to Amen your comments too. Do you notice just how much inconsistency is being displayed in your views?
Infallible inspired organization - that admittedly makes and has made huge mistakes.
Ignoring the vast violations of scripture by the RCC
Pointing out the many mistakes in interpreting scripture outside of the RCC influence
Pointing out the mistakes of interpreting scripture alone while also claiming that is exactly what the RCC does and that the two are in complete compliance with each other.
Do you not see you're hiring the RCC to do the Holy Spirit's job?
But you said 'Amen' because you agreed with 4gvn that the Bible is all that is necessary. Yet, you and 4gvn are poles apart on theology. Obviously, its ridiculous to agree with each other when the only thing you got in common is that you hate the Catholic Church.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#423916 Feb 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What??
Bible and Catechism go together....don't think so....
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423917 Feb 21, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
"Today, most Anglicans in the world (whether part of the official Anglican Communion or not) are either low church evangelical (often of a Calvinist bend) or modern liberal revisionists.
That may be true. But the church services at the church I attend have similarities to a catholic mass. Anyway my purpose here is not in taking sides. It is to help towards unity, per John 17. Jesus prays for unity. He didnt pray for 000s of competing sects, something whch you guys forget ;)
truth

Australia

#423918 Feb 21, 2013
Jesus warn us from temptation from whom?..accusers prosecutors judges scribe this and that..are they are visible and not invisible attackers?

I fill perfect today much more nice in face as child..o yes as elixir when i pray on my way.

others calculated but Jesus too..

Are you for sure i am wrong..it is written!
truth

Australia

#423919 Feb 21, 2013
They can be very nice in nice suits with nice diploma very rich as well privileged too..still nothing change.

many many many will come in my name..its not me..

Jesus Christ words is perfect.
Clay

United States

#423920 Feb 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible and Catechism go together....don't think so....
The Catechism is obviously not equated with the Bible in that sense. But it highlights the Bible and flows in harmony with it. It doesn't contradict it.

So in that sense, they would go together just like you think your preachers sermon goes with the Bible reading of the day.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423921 Feb 21, 2013
truth wrote:
Jesus Christ words is perfect.
I hear ya!
truth

Australia

#423922 Feb 21, 2013
First they teach you about Abel and Cain.
blade=where soul rest

now
Every child feed trough mother 7 billions childreen on this earth..with mother blade=soul..feed from mother grow up in womb of mother.
Are you laying Holy Spirit woman not worthy?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423923 Feb 21, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying? Dan, why so angry?
OK, another quick search...
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/The+everything+...
"it is no longer the Church's goal to try to convert Protestants to Catholicism. Instead, the Church recognized the status of Protestant communities, apologized for contributing to Christian disunity and the mistakes made during the Counter-Reformation"
Here's an idea. Ask your priest this simple question.
"During Vatican 2, did the RCC apologize for contributing to Christian disunity and the mistakes made during the Counter-Reformation."
Then you can call your Priest a lyer too :o)
And continue being willfully uninformed.
I want the text of the apology. Not what the two women think it says.

Cite the "easily found" apololgy.

You say they did it-I want to see it.

Obviously, you've never seen it and are now trapped, else you wouldn't have linked to the same insufficient source. You're so rattled you can't even spell "liar" correctly.
truth

Australia

#423924 Feb 21, 2013
liar you don't need spell..liar on many language looks deference for you don't you

poor microchips as future innovation as well short evil way of great destruction of human civilization..digital..
kako brzo doslo
jos ce brze i otici kao da nije ni postojalo..by
truth

Australia

#423925 Feb 21, 2013
liar from bigining

Since: Nov 08

usa

#423927 Feb 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Church History "says it" and (has) consistently "said it" for over 2000 years--beginning in 060 AD. The bible doesn't have to say it! Every word doesn't have to be in the bible in order for it "to be TRUE!!! Christ built, initiated, formed and authenticated "ONE TRUE CHURCH"---not 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent "relative truths".
your right they said it,the scriptures"DOES NOT",the bible is all gods words meant for "MAN" anything outside of that means nothing,the traditions created by constantines 100 unholy ordinary scholars do not mean nothing since they are not supported by scripture,and most likely if these men lived in rome they are pagans not christians,christ said he was going to build a church,but says nothing about it being the C.C.,so it is not true,it's an assumption,just like the other churches no one can make the claim without authenic undenialible scripture support,you have nothing but hearsay,so it's meaningless.like i said no written undenable scripture in which states i will build "MY CATHOLIC,BAPTIST,PROTESTANT ETC.CHURCH" YOU CAN NOT CLAIM TO BE HIS CHURCH,PLAIN AND SIMPLE...we don't even know if the one god theory is true never mind his church,you have to establish that first,then talk about any church.you talk about havingundeniable facts and i'm still waiting to see it.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423928 Feb 21, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
The protestants had a counter inquisition torturing catholics, and were also very active in burning witches and heretics. Do you condemn these practices equally?
That's what happens when protestants keep the TRADITIONS of the Catholic Church especially the RCC.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423929 Feb 21, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says the church is the pillar and foundation of the truth. St Paul also says that the teaching is spread by letter and word of mouth. You pick one, written word, and ignore the other church traditions. Sola scriptura is not taught in the Bible but was invented by those in rebellion of catholic teaching, protestant reformers in the 16th century.
It say's WORD of Mouth not Opinion of Mouth. I other word they were staying and communicating the word in scripture.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423930 Feb 21, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try. but you just told us your knowledge of the Anglican Church is very limited.
"Anglo-Catholics are a very small minority of Anglicanism."
More...
"Today, most Anglicans in the world (whether part of the official Anglican Communion or not) are either low church evangelical (often of a Calvinist bend) or modern liberal revisionists. Neither are well known for accepting the Real Presence."
Of course, this can all be verified by a simple Internet search, but why bother?
If one cannot understand why Protestants by their very definition cannot be Catholic, then it's their problem.
This poster is busted. And he really, really WANTS us to believe him too.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Justics was correct in his/her statements.

The Anglican Communion exists in over 165 countries.

http://www.anglicancommunion.org/ (see, FM-the actual SOURCE for info on the Anglican Communion. That's how you cite things.)

RE: the Real Presence, his/her comments were also true. Belief varies as to details and use of "transubstantiation" to describe it, but a belief in the Real Presence is indeed a feature of Anglican Community theology.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#423931 Feb 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
good morning people,been gone awhile here,i'm sure i was missed,been in the hospital again!,was seconds away from total renal fairlure,became dillusional,lost time, have no memory from 2:30 a.m.sunday till wesdnday morning when i woke up,my now ex-g/f recorded what happened,it scared the hell out of her so bad that she broke up with me and took out a restraining order against me,which i can and can not understand why, i would never lay a hand on her for no reason in the world,she is the best thing in the world that ever happened to me,her problem is that she is an HIGHLY! overly sensitive girl,now i feel totally lost,my world is gone,have no idea how i'm gonna go on,plus i lost my dog too,my wonderful little angel,capable of following 32 commands now and climbing,and i'll never see her again (sniffle,sniffle,sniffle),oh well.i'm lucky i didn't sell my house like i wanted too.now that i vented,sorry but i needed that. NOW! back to the debate.
Hi Jethro, I am glad you are ok, but sorry for you troubles.
Peoples emotions make them do strange things. I hope she comes back. The dog no doubt will miss you also this is a sad situation.
Wish I could be there for you Jethro besides on this thread.
I pray this won't send you on a downward spiral. Please don't let it ok.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#423932 Feb 21, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Justics was correct in his/her statements.
The Anglican Communion exists in over 165 countries.
http://www.anglicancommunion.org/ (see, FM-the actual SOURCE for info on the Anglican Communion. That's how you cite things.)
RE: the Real Presence, his/her comments were also true. Belief varies as to details and use of "transubstantiation" to describe it, but a belief in the Real Presence is indeed a feature of Anglican Community theology.
Dan can I ask you what the longest Psalm in the Bible is, Do you know.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#423933 Feb 21, 2013

Psalm 119, the longest psalm in the Bible, is entirely focused on the Word of God. For your Bible to truly come alive, you must appreciate the qualities that set it apart from all other books.

The Bible is a Timeless Book

The Bible is not the book of the month or the book of the year. It is the book of the ages, unchanging and timeless.

"For ever, O LORD, Thy Word is settled in heaven." Psalm 119:89

"Concerning Thy testimonies, I have known of old that Thou hast founded them forever." Psalm 119:152

"Thy Word is true from the beginning: and every one of Thy righteous judgments endureth for ever." Psalm 119:160

In the New Testament, 1 Peter 1:25 states, "But the Word of the Lord endureth for ever ..."

Forever! God says the Word - the Bible you hold in your hand or have on your shelf - is done, settled in heaven. So, if it's on the shelf, dust if off and get it into your heart.

Why? Other books may come and go. The Bible is here to stay. Thousands of years have passed since the Bible was written. Empires have risen and fallen. Civilizations have changed and changed again. Science has pushed back the frontiers of knowledge. Yet the Bible stands: timeless, ultimate, indestructible.

Emperors like Diocletian have decreed its extermination, atheists like Voltaire have railed against it, agnostics through the years have cynically sneered at it, and liberals strive to remove the miracles from the Bible. Materialists have simply ignored it. How is it that the Bible still stands after centuries of attempts to destroy it? Because the Bible is eternal, settled in heaven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 min Married in 8,689
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 hr Jaimie 83,890
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 5 hr PopeTrueFace 3
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 13 hr Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... 13 hr Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Wed cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web