Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 578,600
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#423903 Feb 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say 'Amen' to him with a straight face?
Both of you claim all that is necessary are the books of the Bible.
Yet, you both teach opposite of each other. Is this some kinda joke?
Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#423904 Feb 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I choose the Bible and the Catechism . Lol
They can't be separated. Its the same thing. Neither adds to nor contradicts each other. It simply can't. Truth is truth.
The Bible flowed from the sacred tradition of the Church in perfect harmony. When you remove one (such as you Bible only people did) you have chaos. Hence the 40,000 different opinions on sacred scripture. Why? Because you removed the Church that brought forth the books.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423905 Feb 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say 'Amen' to him with a straight face?
Both of you claim all that is necessary are the books of the Bible.
Yet, you both teach opposite of each other. Is this some kinda joke?
:)

I said Amen because the statement made was one with which I wholeheartedly agreed. It doesn't hurt anything to highlight our likenesses and say job well done when something is said or done exactly as you like.

I wish I could find more reason to Amen your comments too. Do you notice just how much inconsistency is being displayed in your views?
Infallible inspired organization - that admittedly makes and has made huge mistakes.
Ignoring the vast violations of scripture by the RCC
Pointing out the many mistakes in interpreting scripture outside of the RCC influence
Pointing out the mistakes of interpreting scripture alone while also claiming that is exactly what the RCC does and that the two are in complete compliance with each other.

Do you not see you're hiring the RCC to do the Holy Spirit's job?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#423906 Feb 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
good morning people,been gone awhile here,i'm sure i was missed,been in the hospital again!,was seconds away from total renal fairlure,became dillusional,lost time, have no memory from 2:30 a.m.sunday till wesdnday morning when i woke up,my now ex-g/f recorded what happened,it scared the hell out of her so bad that she broke up with me and took out a restraining order against me,which i can and can not understand why, i would never lay a hand on her for no reason in the world,she is the best thing in the world that ever happened to me,her problem is that she is an HIGHLY! overly sensitive girl,now i feel totally lost,my world is gone,have no idea how i'm gonna go on,plus i lost my dog too,my wonderful little angel,capable of following 32 commands now and climbing,and i'll never see her again (sniffle,sniffle,sniffle),oh well.i'm lucky i didn't sell my house like i wanted too.now that i vented,sorry but i needed that. NOW! back to the debate.
Jethro,

I am so sorry that this is happening to you....

I have put you on our prayer list.....

I hope that you are feeling better now.....

Blessings!
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423907 Feb 21, 2013
Justice wrote:
Following on from a post yesterday, just to clarify what the Anglican church teaches, for anyone who is intetested in these things. It teaches that all matters for salvation are found in the Bible. It is led by the Queen as its head, and does not accept the authority of the Pope. However there a some similarities with the CC, from its history. The communion service is, to my mind, similar to Mass in appearance. There is the belief in the real presence, we recite the Nicene creed, we say in every service that we believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church. In summary it is catholic in appearance but (largely) protestant in doctrine.
Nice try. but you just told us your knowledge of the Anglican Church is very limited.

"Anglo-Catholics are a very small minority of Anglicanism."

More...

"Today, most Anglicans in the world (whether part of the official Anglican Communion or not) are either low church evangelical (often of a Calvinist bend) or modern liberal revisionists. Neither are well known for accepting the Real Presence."

Of course, this can all be verified by a simple Internet search, but why bother?

If one cannot understand why Protestants by their very definition cannot be Catholic, then it's their problem.

This poster is busted. And he really, really WANTS us to believe him too.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
truth

Australia

#423908 Feb 21, 2013
beautifull light yellow light going toward me today..who send that..its ok if you never see that..no..i am allright my accusers is very active you know..they are real losers..by
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423909 Feb 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Is a Pope infallible if he protects pedophiles?
Come on Guest. If that allegation were true, then the Pope would likely be in Hell or headed there.
"is the Pope who sanctioned the the torture of heretics infallible"?
Which Pope? I don't know of any one that was directly responsible.
However, we know the Church had many sinners in their leadership in midevel times. As Father Ubel- rector of the Cathedral of Saint Paul, MN said- "the Church were committing acts that would make us shutter".
YET, some of the greater saints in the history of the Catholic Church lived during this period (like Saint Francis of Asassi )
No matter how corrupt the leadership was, they could not alter Catholicism because its guided by Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit will always have Saints in place to remind any corrupt Catholic leadership of truth. Recently, Mother Teresa and Pope John Paul II would fit that description. Yes JP II was top the hierarchy, but Priests and Bishops around him were corrupt.
Again, nobody could prevail against the Catholic faith- not even from within.
Great point Clay.

And Hitler never killed a Jew himself either. So by Clay's logic, Hitler could be made a Saint one day, along with Benito Mussolini.

General Franco too.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Clay

United States

#423910 Feb 21, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I said Amen because the statement made was one with which I wholeheartedly agreed. It doesn't hurt anything to highlight our likenesses and say job well done when something is said or done exactly as you like.
I wish I could find more reason to Amen your comments too. Do you notice just how much inconsistency is being displayed in your views?
Infallible inspired organization - that admittedly makes and has made huge mistakes.
Pointing out the many mistakes in interpreting scripture outside of the RCC influence
Pointing out the mistakes of interpreting scripture alone while also claiming that is exactly what the RCC does and that the two are in complete compliance with each other.
No inconsistencies on the Catholics here. In fact, I don't need to check anything they say. I know we'll be in communion with each other and in communion with someone on the other side of the world who I never met.
Can you guys say the same thing about each other?
truth

Australia

#423911 Feb 21, 2013
o well they prepeare many killing as well on front then accuse they know people will reprodActive again or they find way of dead body weak up..but only one time then after finish no more..is that god know about that..yes our lovly god know about secret society as well why war happened as well prepeare on long run.

why is like that..others not kill anyone..are you sure about that?..much more in great number..o yes yes yes
byyyyyyyyy
Clay

United States

#423912 Feb 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What??
Clay

United States

#423913 Feb 21, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation begins to make sense when one accepts a few facts:
1. Rev. 1:1-John explains his writings are signified. The message is to be known by him and the intended readers while it remained hidden and meaningless/confusing to any enemy of the church.
2. It's a message to 7 real churches. The message had to be meaningful to them way back then in their persecution. Also, since 7 is a perfect number (3=deity+4=earthly=7) it is intended to be a message for all of Christ's churches.
3. An understanding that Jesus is a reigning King. His Kingdom is the church.
Don't forget the last part of the Book that warns against adding to the prophecies of John.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423914 Feb 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
good morning people,been gone awhile here,i'm sure i was missed,been in the hospital again!
Sorry to hear of you health and relationship troubles. Hang in there and keep the faith. There is a sunny day out there somewhere.
Clay

United States

#423915 Feb 21, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
But you said 'Amen' because you agreed with 4gvn that the Bible is all that is necessary. Yet, you and 4gvn are poles apart on theology. Obviously, its ridiculous to agree with each other when the only thing you got in common is that you hate the Catholic Church.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#423916 Feb 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What??
Bible and Catechism go together....don't think so....
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423917 Feb 21, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
"Today, most Anglicans in the world (whether part of the official Anglican Communion or not) are either low church evangelical (often of a Calvinist bend) or modern liberal revisionists.
That may be true. But the church services at the church I attend have similarities to a catholic mass. Anyway my purpose here is not in taking sides. It is to help towards unity, per John 17. Jesus prays for unity. He didnt pray for 000s of competing sects, something whch you guys forget ;)
truth

Australia

#423918 Feb 21, 2013
Jesus warn us from temptation from whom?..accusers prosecutors judges scribe this and that..are they are visible and not invisible attackers?

I fill perfect today much more nice in face as child..o yes as elixir when i pray on my way.

others calculated but Jesus too..

Are you for sure i am wrong..it is written!
truth

Australia

#423919 Feb 21, 2013
They can be very nice in nice suits with nice diploma very rich as well privileged too..still nothing change.

many many many will come in my name..its not me..

Jesus Christ words is perfect.
Clay

United States

#423920 Feb 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible and Catechism go together....don't think so....
The Catechism is obviously not equated with the Bible in that sense. But it highlights the Bible and flows in harmony with it. It doesn't contradict it.

So in that sense, they would go together just like you think your preachers sermon goes with the Bible reading of the day.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#423921 Feb 21, 2013
truth wrote:
Jesus Christ words is perfect.
I hear ya!
truth

Australia

#423922 Feb 21, 2013
First they teach you about Abel and Cain.
blade=where soul rest

now
Every child feed trough mother 7 billions childreen on this earth..with mother blade=soul..feed from mother grow up in womb of mother.
Are you laying Holy Spirit woman not worthy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 6 min kuda 24
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 23 min Gee Tee 9,025
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Wed swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
News Francis expects short papacy Mar 16 ELIAS IBARRA 2
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Mar 16 ELIAS IBARRA 5
More from around the web