Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,822
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423671 Feb 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
All you're doing is using the books that the Catholic Church said is the New Testament to form a religion....just like every other non catholic on here.
I had a choice to be Catholic. I could have joined any thousands of protestant sects out there.
The problem is, you all have to submit to complete ignorance to be a Christian that is not Catholic.
Plain and simple.
Why live in a society created by those who "submit to complete ignorance?"

Leave the ignorance of the anti-Catholic Reformation behind. Enjoy the fruits of Catholicism.

Embrace a society built by Catholics.

Move to Mexico, or Columbia.

No?
a lay apostle

Lancaster, PA

#423672 Feb 19, 2013
David McIntyre

Bexley, Australia

#423673 Feb 19, 2013
guest wrote:
http://bible.cc/revelation/18-4.htm
New International Version (1984)
Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
Dear "Guest"

You can shoot off quotes from Holy Scripture until the cows come home. But the fact is that your or my OPINIONS and PREFERENCES for the meaning of Scripture are irrelevent.

What IS important is the ACTUAL meaning of Scripture. We know this by examining the writings of the EARLY CHURCH.

They were Catholic on every point.

Most significantly, the Early Church of the New Testament times, whilst greatly loving Sriptures immensley, TOTALLY REJECTED a system of Private Interpretation. Their final authority was the teaching Church which Christ promised to guide until the end.

Private interpretation by it's very nature leads to continual division.

Every Protestant claims to have arrived at the truth through Bible reading. So which of the 60,000 (and growing) Protestant groups would you have people join??? The suggestion that Christ would abandon his promise to guide the Church in truth until the end, and then replace this with a system in which his truth comes in thousands of versions is absurd!!!

Have you read the history of the thousand of people killed by the Protestants(including fellow Protestants). Probably wasn't taught to you in the those Protestant groups I'm sure.

Long live the Successors of St Peter and the Apostles.
a lay apostle

Lancaster, PA

#423674 Feb 19, 2013

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#423675 Feb 19, 2013
David McIntyre wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear "Guest"
You can shoot off quotes from Holy Scripture until the cows come home. But the fact is that your or my OPINIONS and PREFERENCES for the meaning of Scripture are irrelevent.
What IS important is the ACTUAL meaning of Scripture. We know this by examining the writings of the EARLY CHURCH.
Most significantly, the Early Church of the New Testament times, whilst greatly loving Sriptures immensley, TOTALLY REJECTED a system of Private Interpretation. Their final authority was the teaching Church which Christ promised to guide until the end.
Every Protestant claims to have arrived at the truth through Bible reading. So which of the 60,000 (and growing) Protestant groups would you have people join??? The suggestion that Christ would abandon his promise to guide the Church in truth until the end, and then replace this with a system in which his truth comes in thousands of versions is absurd!!!
YOU WROTE

"Long live the Successors of St Peter and the Apostles."

______

Sing praises to your corruptible men in Rome if that floats your boat...

AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE ...WE WILL PRAISE THE LORD..

.THAT IS THE GIVER OF ETERNAL LIFE....

THAT OF HIS KINGDOM THERE IS NOT END!

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

HIS NAME IS JESUS...

Mat 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

Mat 28:17 --> And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. <--

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

I WILL PRAISE THE SINLESS ONE...
David McIntyre

Bexley, Australia

#423676 Feb 19, 2013
guest wrote:
no wonder he's too pooped to pope
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-...
Dear "Guest"

So how do we trust your opinion of the meaning of Scripture? Where is the divine guarantee that the conclusions you have arrived at through Bible reading are correct.

What IS important is the ACTUAL meaning of Scripture. We know this by examining the writings of the EARLY CHURCH. They were Catholic on every point!

Most significantly, the Early Church of the New Testament times, whilst greatly loving Sripture, TOTALLY REJECTED a system of Private Interpretation. Their final authority was the teaching Church which Christ promised to guide until the end!

Private interpretation, by it's very nature, simply leads to continual division.Every Protestant claims to have arrived at the truth through Bible reading. So "Guest"which of the 60,000 (and growing) Protestant groups would you have people join??? The suggestion that Christ would abandon his promise to guide the Church in truth until the end, and then replace this with a system in which his truth comes in thousands of versions is absurd!!! You insult commonsense and Christ himself!

By the way, you cite how Catholics have killed people. Unfortunately there have been violent eras in history. However, have you read of the thousands the Protestant killed and tortured? Often Protestants killed each other! Much of our history has been written by English-speaking Protest Protestants, so be carefull what you believe about how bad the Catholics were. They certainly weren't the only cab on the rank.

David McIntyre

Bexley, Australia

#423678 Feb 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Pentecostal Pastor...for many years,.... I am prone to agree with you that there is some music that I do not find edifying...
Especially song that the lyrics do not gender faith toward OUR HEAVENLY FATHER..
such songs AS AVA MARIA..that glorifies Mary the Mother of Jesus...instead of God...
Or songs such as "lately I've got leaving on my mind"..which sound like some lover considering leaving his wife...or his girl friend...
My personal preferences are hymns that are aliened with the scriptures..
Such as...
O Glorious Day lyrics.
One day when heaven
Was filled with His praises
One day when sin was as black as could be
Jesus came forth to
Be born of a virgin
He dwelt among men, my example is He
[Chorus:]
Living He loved me
Dying He saved me
Buried He carried my sins far away
Rising He justified
Freely forever
One day He's coming
Oh, Glorious Day
One day they led Him
Up Calvary's mountain
One day they nailed Him
To die on a tree
Suffering anguish
Despised and rejected
Bearing our sins, my Redeemer is He
Living He loved me
Dying He saved me
Rising He justified
Freely forever
One day He's coming
Oh, Glorious Day
Oh, Glorious Day
One day the grave could conceal Him no longer
One day the stone rolled away from the door
Then He arose o'er
Death He had conquered
Now is ascended
My lord evermore
Living He loved me
Dying He saved me
Rising He justified
Freely forever
One day He's coming
Oh, Glorious Day
One day the trumpet will
Sound for His coming
One day the skies with His
Glories will shine
Wonderful day
My beloved is bringing
Glorious Savior this Jesus is mine
Living He loved me
Dying He saved me
Rising He justified
Freely forever
One day He's coming
Oh, Glorious Day
Dear "Pastor"

The Ave Maria simply echoes the Scriptures.

We honour Mary in accordance with the Church of New Testament times.

She was hailed as full of Gods Grace, The Lord is with her, She is blessed among women, the fruit of her womb is blessed, We ask her to pray for us as a fellow Christian , she is the earthly mother of Jesus Christ who was fully god and fully man at the same time, and not as seperated as half- man and half-god.

Elizabeth greeted Mary as the Mother of My Lord. One of the Apostles referred to Jesus as My Lord and My God

You are simply trying to mis-lead people. You need examine you conscience against Holy Scripture.

Long live the Pope, successor of St Peter!
truth

Australia

#423679 Feb 19, 2013
Who don't liked mother they don't liked son too..its your protestant opinion..i always say necu=no.
Why i say that confe..

Did civilization start 2000 years ago or much more before?
truth

Australia

#423680 Feb 19, 2013
I never been in Rome less any boat..now we not care whats others think..me i never care to much even in my worse day of my life..impact of others don't have to much over me.

Trough mother they liked destroy son..then..ptice rugalice who are you..
you are someone who say who is better then us..
me i can't be better..i am so simple so ordinary.

Is that pride when others think they are better from others?

#423681 Feb 19, 2013
David McIntyre wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear "Pastor"
The Ave Maria simply echoes the Scriptures.
We honour Mary in accordance with the Church of New Testament times.
She was hailed as full of Gods Grace, The Lord is with her, She is blessed among women, the fruit of her womb is blessed, We ask her to pray for us as a fellow Christian , she is the earthly mother of Jesus Christ who was fully god and fully man at the same time, and not as seperated as half- man and half-god.
Elizabeth greeted Mary as the Mother of My Lord. One of the Apostles referred to Jesus as My Lord and My God
You are simply trying to mis-lead people. You need examine you conscience against Holy Scripture.
Long live the Pope, successor of St Peter!
~~~

YOU CAN SPOUT YOU FABLES ALL YOU PLEASE..

THE APOSTLE PAUL WARNED TIMOTHY...He prophesied .that there would be those such as yourself...

He said

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Ti 4:2==> Preach the word;<== be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

You will not be judged by the roman catholic catechism when you stand before God in judgment...

YOU WILL BE JUDGED BY GOD'S WORD...

BEST.. ADHERE TO GOD'S WORD AND LEAVE YOUR FABLES AND CONJECTURE TO THE PAGANS.
truth

Australia

#423682 Feb 19, 2013
Paul is accuser and killer of Christians include Catholic..
then i say to you did Jesus say about love..
yes it is..he is merciful..according you not..because you liked judge..i say to you..
your law is not my law not at all..then you are against Jesus Christ ..love!

#423683 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
______
Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
HIS NAME IS JESUS...
Mat 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
~~~

It is impossible for The apostle Peter ... to ascend to the throne of David

He was not of the linage of David as Joseph and Mary was...

If a physical dynasty such as the one in Rome were established...

James the brother of Jesus would have ascended to it...(He was of the seed royal of king David).

Jesus did not establish a physical Kingdom on the earth...

HIS WORDS WERE...

He continued with a SPIRITUAL KINGDOM...that is in the hearts of those that believe on Him..

When Jesus returns in the millennium He will continue with a physical

kingdom...but it will be in JERUSALEM...NEVER IN ROME.

Mat_24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

JESUS SAID

Joh_18:36 Jesus answered,==>My kingdom is not of this world:<==

if my kingdom were of this world,

then would my servants fight,
that I should not be delivered to the Jews:

but now is my kingdom not from hence.

ISAIAH DID NOT LIE WHEN HE WROTE

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end,==> upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.<==

The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

HOW LONG IS FOREVER ANYWAY

FOREVER DID NOT END ....WHEN YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS...

DECIDED TO ESTABLISH A PHYSICAL KINGDOM

UPON THE SHOULDERS OF PETER....

AND

SET UP A DYNASTY A POPE, A PRINCE,

TO USURP THE POSITION OF THE HOLY GHOST..

IN ROME
David McIntyre

Bexley, Australia

#423684 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
______
HIS NAME IS JESUS...
Dear "Confrinting with the World"

You state that "you follow the Sinless One", and Catholics can "sing the praises of corruptble men in Rome".

Catholics simply follow Jesus through the Church he established and promised to guide until the end. Jesus knew men are imperfect and would sometimes fail. It comes down to trust in Christ's promises. See who is following the Sinless One now??? You need to trust Christ,rather than your own interpretaions of Holy Scripture.

Your PREFERENCES for the meaning of Scripture are irrelevent. What IS important is the ACTUAL MEANING of Scripture. We know the actual meaning of Scripture by examining the writings of the EARLY CHURCH. They were undisputably Catholic on every point of belief.

The Early Church of New Testament times, greatly loved the Scriptures but TOTALLY REJECTED your system of Private Interpretation. Their final authority was the teaching Church which Christ promised to guide until the end.

Private Interpretation by it's very nature, leads to continual division. Every Protestant claims to have arrived at the truth through Bible reading. They all believed they are correct.So which of the 60,000 (and growing) Protestant groups would you have people join???

The suggestion that Christ would abandon his promise to guide the Church in truth until the end, and then replace this with your system where the truth comes in thousands of versions is absurd!!!

Your interpetations of are of no value. They have no divine guarantee. Your system of Private Interpretation is simply the invention of some men in the 1500's who were supported by rulers who wanted to rule without the Church's influence, and get the Church's money.

Hope this helps.

Long Live the Successor of St Peter. We Catholic's love Christ's Church and the Truth of The Holy Scriptures.

Dave McIntyre
David McIntyre

Bexley, Australia

#423685 Feb 19, 2013
ironman77 wrote:
I cant help but wonder why anyone is arguing with you. You are lost clay keep following those manmade traditions and worshiping false profits Hail mary clay! lol The catholics did kill, hide gods word, and try to damn others like they have the authority to do so! I think not, Clay God is the only Judge! Funny I don't remember one scripture where jesus says you have to catholic and say this many hail mary's to be forgiven! Wake up Clay they are trying to control you and everyone else! Thats why thier church is viod of followers bc we follow a living God not a washed up church!
<quoted text>
Dear Friend

Catholics simply follow Jesus through the Church he established and promised to guide until the end. Jesus knew men are imperfect and would sometimes fail. It comes down to trust in Christ's promises. See who is following the Sinless One now??? You need to trust Christ,rather than your own interpretaions of Holy Scripture.

Your PREFERENCES for the meaning of Scripture are irrelevent. What IS important is the ACTUAL MEANING of Scripture. We know the actual meaning of Scripture by examining the writings of the EARLY CHURCH. They were undisputably Catholic on every point of belief.

The Early Church of New Testament times, greatly loved the Scriptures but TOTALLY REJECTED your system of Private Interpretation. Their final authority was the teaching Church which Christ promised to guide until the end.

Private Interpretation by it's very nature, leads to continual division. Every Protestant claims to have arrived at the truth through Bible reading. They all believed they are correct.So which of the 60,000 (and growing) Protestant groups would you have people join???

The suggestion that Christ would abandon his promise to guide the Church in truth until the end, and then replace this with your system where the truth comes in thousands of versions is absurd!!!

Your interpetations of are of no value. They have no divine guarantee. Your system of Private Interpretation is simply the invention of some men in the 1500's who were supported by rulers who wanted to rule without the Church's influence, and get the Church's money.

You simply regurgitate many historical lies because you want to hate the Church

Hope this helps.

Long Live the Successor of St Peter. We Catholic's love Christ's Church and the Truth of The Holy Scriptures.

Dave McIntyre
David McIntyre

Bexley, Australia

#423686 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE APOSTLE PAUL WARNED TIMOTHY...He prophesied .that there would be those such as yourself...
He said
2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2==> Preach the word;<== be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
You will not be judged by the roman catholic catechism when you stand before God in judgment...
Dear Friend
They are not "fables", read the Scriptures! Don't you want to be a "Bible Christian" on every issue now?
Show me how your opinions about the meaning of Scripture are divinely guaranteed? Clearly they are not. You pick up the Scriptures and say "by reading this God gives me his truth" yet you all disagree with eachother. Mmmmmm.
Catholics simply follow Jesus through the Church he established and promised to guide until the end. Jesus knew men are imperfect and would sometimes fail. It comes down to trust in Christ's promises. You need to trust Christ,rather than your own interpretaions of Holy Scripture.
Your PREFERENCES for the meaning of Scripture are irrelevent. What IS important is the ACTUAL MEANING of Scripture. We know the actual meaning of Scripture by examining the writings of the EARLY CHURCH.
They were undisputably Catholic on every point of belief. They believed in the teaching Church as final authority and rejected privite interpretation, the Succession of Peter and the Apostles, the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist, Confession of sins to the Bishop or his priests, Asking the prayers of the Saints, The special Motherhood of Mary, That we are totally saved BY Grace-alone but that we must RESPOND to this in faith and good works, etc
Your religion is simply the invention of some men in the 1500's.
Your assertions about Scriptuer are simply attempts to justify your indefensible position.
Long live the Successor of ST Peter
Dave McIntyre
marge

Ames, IA

#423687 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
He said
AMEN

What in the world do they think they will be judged by? and they so proudly disobey, so sad.

We can pray, I would like to drop a Bible on their head, hello.

Location hidden

#423688 Feb 19, 2013
David McIntyre wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear "Guest"
Horse feathers!!!!

None of the seven churches Christ talked about in Rev 2 are referred to as "Catholic"....why? Very simple.....there were none!!!!

The Catholic Church did not "make the scene" until circa 312....and you have the Emperor Constantine to thank for its source...paganism....

Quote:
Roman Catholicism
Founder: Emperor Constantine

The Roman Catholic church, headquartered in Rome, Italy, has its own powerful City-State, the Vatican. The Roman Catholic church unofficially came into being in 312 A.D., at the time of the so-called "miraculous conversion" to Christianity of the Roman Emperor Constantine but he still worshipped the sun god.

Although Christianity was not made the official religion of the Roman Empire until the edicts of Theodosius I in 380 and 381 A.D., Constantine, from 312 A.D. until his death in 337, was engaged in the process of simultaneously building pagan temples and Christian churches, and was slowly turning over the reins of his pagan priesthood to the Bishop of Rome.

However, the family of Constantine did not give up the last vestige of his priesthood until after the disintegration of the Roman Empire that being the title the emperors bore as heads of the pagan priesthood Pontifex Maximus a title which the popes would inherit.

The popes also inherited Constantine's titles as the self-appointed civil head of the church Summus Pontifex (Vicar of Christ and Bishop of Bishops).

Location hidden

#423689 Feb 19, 2013
David McIntyre wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear "Guest"
Catholics maintain Scripture in Mt 16:18 proves Christ built the Catholic Church, because He made Peter the first pope...

Well...guess what!!!! For Peter to be the first pope, there had to be, at that instant, a Catholic Church, or, at the very least, one before he died, thing is, there was not...

Proof: When Christ referred to the seven churches in Rev 2, He never referred to any of them as the Catholic Church...nor did He mention any church in Rome....

But...Catholics deny the truth...that is their mainstay....
marge

Ames, IA

#423690 Feb 19, 2013
David McIntyre wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Friend
They are not "fables", read the Scriptures! Don't you want to be a "Bible Christian" on every issue now?
Show me how your opinions about the meaning of Scripture are divinely guaranteed? Clearly they are not. You pick up the Scriptures and say "by reading this God gives me his truth" yet you all disagree with eachother. Mmmmmm.
Catholics simply follow Jesus through the Church he established and promised to guide until the end. Jesus knew men are imperfect and would sometimes fail. It comes down to trust in Christ's promises. You need to trust Christ,rather than your own interpretaions of Holy Scripture.
Your PREFERENCES for the meaning of Scripture are irrelevent. What IS important is the ACTUAL MEANING of Scripture. We know the actual meaning of Scripture by examining the writings of the EARLY CHURCH.
They were undisputably Catholic on every point of belief. They believed in the teaching Church as final authority and rejected privite interpretation, the Succession of Peter and the Apostles, the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist, Confession of sins to the Bishop or his priests, Asking the prayers of the Saints, The special Motherhood of Mary, That we are totally saved BY Grace-alone but that we must RESPOND to this in faith and good works, etc
Your religion is simply the invention of some men in the 1500's.
Your assertions about Scriptuer are simply attempts to justify your indefensible position.
Long live the Successor of ST Peter
Dave McIntyre
I will testify that he(confrinting), is a servant of the One and Only God Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth.

Others here also born-again from above will say the same thing as we are of the One Faith.

Location hidden

#423691 Feb 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I will testify that he(confrinting), is a servant of the One and Only God Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth.
Others here also born-again from above will say the same thing as we are of the One Faith.
We don't all follow the teaching of the Bible....some disregard:

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

When the SBC church I attend will allow a woman to preach to the congregation...I am gone like a spotted ape!!!! To have a woman do so is past being sacrilegious!!!! It vilifies the Word of God...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... 5 hr Lawrence Wolf 2,021
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... 12 hr The Fact Is 2
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Mr Sir 8,910
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
Episcopal parish to join Catholic Church (Jun '11) Feb 19 how g 4
More from around the web