Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646364 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Garden City, MI

#423836 Feb 20, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, you keep contradicting yourself.
Start here and work backwards -- they wouldn't be Protestants if they were talking about the RCC as any kind of "only true" church in the eyes of Jesus. They are simply acknowledging an historical reality.
As for your mythical Methodist friends, how do they deny the papacy itself, yet somehow as you claim accept "the lineage from Pope Benedict to Saint Peter?"
Take your meds.
I never contradict myself. I'll hold true to in the same pattern as always Free. You know that.
Its not my fault you scratch and claw for anything negative. You're an Ideologue thru and thru.

Correct. Real Protestants will only acknowledge the historical reality of the Roman Catholic Church being the same group of people there from the beginning. Their argument is they became corrupted. Evangelicals and SDA people claimed it happened around Constantine. Real Protestants claimed it happened around the 14th century. Hence, the reformation and Protestantism.

Both scenarios lack trust in Christ's Church. Both scenarios were fueled by rumors and conspiracy thinking.
Look at the disaster they've created.

Btw, I witnessed first hand the Methodist celebration.
truth

South Perth, Australia

#423837 Feb 20, 2013
If you fill that power..so fast..you can think as ordinary person its not possible never..scare..no..be honest with you not..why i am not scare i don't know?

I will be very happy if i could teach more or study..or make advance my power.
Are you for sure nothing exist?
truth

South Perth, Australia

#423838 Feb 20, 2013
opening shelf by shelf..where they are i don't know
who they are i don't know..extreme fast..first few mounts in this house..whats previous people do here i don't know..maybe not..maybe nothing wrong with them..maybe with me and my prayers..or my prayers is so powerful..must be ex-trimly powerful without my knowing..i don't pray nothing special or extra then others no very ordinary small simple prayers..yes but i can't hear them..i nothing say..please tell me why i have to who ever need Mercy my God.

now why i am wrong hear that..no..i don't died..i am still alive..i can say necu many time..but still is some..o does meter i been angry or unhappy or happy..its some no going from me or losing that power.
they think i can't hear them..yes i can.
truth

South Perth, Australia

#423839 Feb 20, 2013
I can hear..simple so fast ex-trimly fast..i can't believe they can weak up just like that..who they are who need help for that..no..i don't see..if i see its so tiny..how i can express myself..no as body..on deference way..why they weak up..must be very powerful prayers..god can hear prayers.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#423840 Feb 20, 2013
Hojo, thanks for responding.

In the least, you are adding additional thoughts to your posts. Good for you! The absence of some statements, compared to your old standard repetitive rant, actually gives a glimmer that there may be something intelligent in your mind afterall.

I'm rooting for ya, whether you think so or not!
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments are just a "typical bible only distortion of the TRUTH"which have absolutely no basis of biblical OR historical truth to back up these "so-called truths"--which in fact, are nothing more than anti-catholic heresy and false teaching.
False.

I've given plenty of facts to back up everything I've said.

But "Whoa Nelly!!" - hold the horses hojo......

I've yet to see you refute anything I've posted, except with the same ol' bullshite rant, that you always use.

How much more evidence do you need. Let's get right to the nitty-gritty, shall we?

You tell me what evidence I need, I'll go get it.

But that really isn't the issue, huh? You've already got it in that thick skull of yours, that whatever I say is false.

You are an idiot to think this. No, correction - you are more like a "Fool". A "blinded fool" who doesn't have a clue what the RCC is.

And yet will rant all day and night that you are part of something "special".

What a washout.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you "fundies" come up with this "ridiculous idea" that every word, every phrase, every sentence MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true.
Third strike - you are out.

I am not a so-called "fundie". There are plenty of others on this forum that fits this criteria. You'll need to research what a "fundamentalist" is, before you think you do, even after the 35 yrs you supposedly played in. You know that so-called "fundie-land".

What a washout.

Pride will get you nowhere.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>Show us these exact words!! If you want to refer to lying or not telling the truth, start with this and yourself!!!
I have.

I'm sorry you only see anger and hatred of others, to see the love and enlightenment Jesus portrays in his teachings.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>--- Where in the bible (specifically) does it say everything that Jesus taught or said (is in fact) in the bible!! NOWHERE!!!
Who's Bible?

Using the Bible as your sole source is the introductory level most will achieve. But the gate is narrow, and only the "Chosen" will pass. So far, you haven't shown anyone, you've been chosen to pass through. Salvation is earned, and "anger" doesn't "score" you any points.

<continued to hojo>
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423841 Feb 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pho to.php?fbid=334677926653697 &set=a.313649525423204.753 80.313517528769737&type=1 &theater
POPE ADMITS 'ACTUALLY IAM THE ANTICHRIST'
At a press conference in Rome this morning, Pope Benedict XVI has officially confessed that persistent rumours that he and most of his predecessors are Antichrist are in fact true.
This shock revelation vindicates centuries of campaigning by evangelical groups in the US and Northern Ireland.
It has emerged that for at least five hundred years successive popes have all been working behind the veil of holiness to further the purposes of Satan on Earth.
When this began is uncertain, though historians agree that it must have been before the time of Alexander II Borgia, whose pathological feasting, gambling and whoring are now seen as classic examples of displacement activity by a man who could not come to terms with his dual role.
Protestants from Cromwell to Ian Paisley have consistently asserted that the Bishop of Rome was the human personification of Satan, but now the present incumbent has finally put his hands up and declared ‘Yup, fair cop, you’ve got me banged to rights.’
Benedict apologised ‘whole-heartedly’ to Catholics across the world for having pretended to be the Vicar of Christ when in fact he consorted nightly with the hell-born spawn of Beelzebub.
However, he insisted he had not known the truth until shortly after his election as Pope in April 2005.
‘I was stunned when the Keeper of the Keys told me this in a private briefing – it certainly isn’t what I came into the priesthood to do.
I thought I was one of the good guys’ said the German-born pontiff and former Hitler Youth member.‘But there’s no way to resign from the post and, well, I assumed if it was OK for the great John Paul II, it must be OK for a humble tiller in the fields of the Lord like me.’
In his early days, Benedict said, he was amused to see even non-Catholic MEPs rise up in anger when the Reverend Ian Paisley denounced him as Antichrist in Strasbourg.
‘I stood there thinking, if only you knew,’ he said.‘But really I was a complete fraud and I’m glad that it’s all out in the open at last.
Life-long celibacy is bad enough, but kissing the anuses of demons every night.......
Of course this will be denied by the RCC followers.
But the Bible is very clear on the papacy in Revelation 13 and in Daniel.
http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2009/07/07/pope-ad...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php...

http://letsgist.com/false-pope-admits-actuall...

ANd the True Story is it URL # 1, 2 or 3

LOL
truth

South Perth, Australia

#423842 Feb 20, 2013

United States

#423843 Feb 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
guest wrote:

-
-
Clay:
""Hold on there. Stop. Back up.
Catholicism is not warped. Its perfect and infallibly guided by the resurrected Christ.

-
and when the Pope speaks - Catholics listen ... WHY? because the pope is "NOT INFALLIBLE?"
-
-
When CHRIST speaks - CHRISTIANS listen ... WHY? Because Christ IS INFALLIBLE.
-
-
Jesus was protected from error when teaching on EVERYTHING. And UNLIKE THE POPE he TAUGHT by EXAMPLE.
again:
When CHRIST speaks - CHRISTIANS listen ... WHY? Because Christ IS Infallible.
-
-
always these built-in caveats when it comes to listening to the Pope, huh?
-
There are no caveats when listening to the words of Christ.
-
-
Clay wrote:
It depends what the Pope is speaking on...
But lets keep it real. The Pope does not have the authority to change what was already taught.
You people (for some reason unbeknownst to humans) think you can undo what the Apostles already revealed!
FYI Guest, every time one of ya blurts out that the Holy Spirit is guiding you, i wanna cyber slap you upside the head...not because you believe it to be true, but rather, because you think we are stupid enough to think your all right!
-
-
Clay: "It depends what the Pope is speaking on..."
-
you wanna cyber slap me upside the head?
but let's keep it real...
There is nothing more UNREAL to me to think there are those who believe the likes of a Pope who would protect child rapists over protecting the children.
-
Tell me ... was he infallible when he spoke to and decided to protect the pedophiles?
-
yeah, yeah, we know ... he isn't perfect ....
-
but when the pope sanctioned the the torture of 'heretics' was he infallible?
-
I mean people who believe the pope to be infallible went out and tortured heretics.

-
-
Like I said, there are no caveats when listening to and obeying Christ.

Albuquerque, NM

#423844 Feb 20, 2013
<continued...>
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>That is because (the oral teachings) of Jesus which by Church tradition, were the traditions--that Paul speaks of in 2 Thess 2:15(the unwritten word) handed down by Jesus(to the Apostles)--- in the Church----which came first).
As for your studious quote....
15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

"Biblical commentator and pastor John Macarthur writes, "The emphasis is on how to maintain a church with an effective testimony in proper response to sound eschatology and obedience to the truth."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_Thessalonians#...
acarthur, John (2009). The MacArthur Bible Commentary (Kindle Edition). Smyrna, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson. pp. Kindle Location 59337.

Yep, I can see why you refer to it.....
- keep the indoctrination alive in oneself, by not straying, because some fallible human says so.
- Keep the belief indoctrinated into the follower that the 2nd coming is just out of reach.
- Keep the Apocalypse just on the horizon and the Eschatology to keep followers in fear of it.

Yeah - bunch of love there.....
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>---The (written word) the bible --came over 350 years after the 1st Church in Antioch---Acts 2!!

WHEW!! WHEW!!

Yeah TEAM!!

Pride will get you nowhere.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>You, New Age, continue to "blow the same old (bible only) smoke" that twists, meanders, turns and eventually (evaporates) into thin air!--
"Bible only smoke"???

Did you just take a hit with marge???

C'mon, you can tell me, I won't let anyone know you did.

LOL

No hojo, for the umpteenth time, and since you don't seem to pay attention to much of the thread's discussion, except to read your own rant, I am >>NOT<< any "bible only" person or whatever you want to call that type of person.

Honesty is not in your blood, huh?
truth

South Perth, Australia

#423845 Feb 20, 2013
Extremely fast shelf by shelf so extremely fast could you imagen that..where are come-from i don't know..so powerful.
I am not going on cemetery..on funeral not any more..its going toward me..i can see or fill dark or light energy..could you imagen that..oh.sinners or they will be save.

What you want my lovely friend when you past away..burning in ash..noooooooooo don't do that.
i don't prefer that only if your wish as you know that you are great sinner.

Shelf by shelf shelf by shelf extremely fast 100 over that numbers..who keep them where?????????

Albuquerque, NM

#423846 Feb 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pho to.php?fbid=334895239965299 &set=a.313649525423204.753 80.313517528769737&type=1 &theater
CATHOLIC CHURCH AND ITS EMBODIMENT OF PAGAN IDOL WORSHIP: BABYLON
1) The Pope's attire is modelled after the attire of babylonian priests of the god dagon ((dag - fish, on - sun.)
“The two-horned mitre, which the Pope wears, when he sits on the high altar at Rome and receives the adoration of the Cardinals, is the very mitre worn by the priests of Dagon, the fish-god of the Philistines and Babylonians.”
...- The Two Babylons ; Alexander Hislop; p. 215
In their veneration and worship of Dagon, the high priest of paganism would actually put on a garment that had been created from a huge fish!
The head of the fish formed a mitre above that of the old man, while its scaly, fan-like tail fell as a cloak behind, leaving the human limbs and feet exposed.”
- Babylon and Nineveh, Austen Henry Layard, p. 343
2) Nations subdued by Babylon had to kiss the ring and slipper of the Babylonian god-king. The same powers and the same titles are claimed to this day by the Dalai Lama of Buddhism, and the Pope of the catholic church.
3) Adopting december 25th as date of Christ's birthday.
Nimrod, who was born on December 25th, the High Sabbath of Babylon, was the founder of Babylon and the city of Nineveh. In the history of mankind, Nimrod stands unequalled for his symbolism of evil and Satanic practices. He is credited for having founded Freemasonry and for building the legendary Tower of Babel, in defiance of God's will. The story of Nimrod is found in the book of Genesis 10: vs 8-9).
4) Solar disc and cross of Horus.
A priest of horus would wear the cross with all points of the same length.(See picture)
5) In ancient times the representatives of Horus would be carried. As you can see to the left, they had fans which were made out of pecock feathers (hay that looks like a news station logo) the fan is made to look like an eye. This eye is the all seeing eye of Horus/Osiris. To the right, the Papacy has the same ritual....
IHS = Isis Horus Seb PAGAN GODS
Way to go Mark Z.

Facebook is now the new truth!!

Really, it is!! I just read it on the internet!!

Tiger Lily, may I make a suggestion?

Don't believe everything you read and hear.

(63) Jesus says:

(1) "There was a rich person who had many possessions.
(2) He said:‘I will use my possessions so that I might sow, reap, plant,
(and) fill my storehouses with fruit so that I will not lack anything.’
(3) This was what he was thinking in his heart. And in that night he died.
(4) Whoever has ears should hear."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

What is in your heart, TL?
- it sounds to me you have discourse for others.

Albuquerque, NM

#423847 Feb 20, 2013
alessandro alfieri wrote:
Fundie-mental-ists not only wear the mark of the beast, they ARE the mark of the beast!
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-...
Citation please.

Please show me a representation of this "mark" you speak of. You seem to know exactly what it looks like, where it is located on a person, and other key facts.

Please present them thoroughly....or....

Shut the frak up and take your hatred elsewhere.

Albuquerque, NM

#423848 Feb 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ alone is our mediator. Paul clearly points this out in 1 Timothy 2:3-6.
This contradicts with Jesus' teaching.

Of course you think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus, so I can understand your point.

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Yep - nothing by Jesus, to state that Jesus is the mediator.

Even Jesus states, oneself.
truth

South Perth, Australia

#423849 Feb 20, 2013
When i try explain i am very short with your words..between anger or better say ''disturb''..why desturb..because i never fill that before.
Did i need be correct in everything with you..no..its deference your diploma and my as well your way and my way..no i don't say fundamental..i say old fashion prayers.QWe as ordinary people who not study theology but you who have much more diploma in psychology as well metaphysics know what i am talking even if i express myself on ordinary way.

Frozen in shelf's somewhere..who?
Are you for sure I am wrong?
No i am not panic anymore..no asked help any more..no to be desturb any more as you think that i am..because you try play with manipulation.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#423850 Feb 20, 2013
Ignorance breeds hatred.
Fundie-mental-ists hate.
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-...
truth

South Perth, Australia

#423851 Feb 20, 2013
You not tell me why frozen body in shelf!
When i pray why i hear that.
I am not investigator about that but i try tell you trough my prayers experience as well in my culture my people not keep dead body frozen long..not at all.

Must be very specific place as well modern intelligent or not but very strange to me.
Why is like that..why on my prayers?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#423852 Feb 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Citation please.
Please show me a representation of this "mark" you speak of. You seem to know exactly what it looks like, where it is located on a person, and other key facts.
Please present them thoroughly....or....
Shut the frak up and take your hatred elsewhere.
Don't let the truth disturb you, oh, little Christian wannabe.
Remember the Fundie-mental-ist creed -- "it's all good"!
Now bow down and worship your bible like a good little Fundie idolator.
truth

South Perth, Australia

#423854 Feb 20, 2013
Please understood.
Why many shelf..oh don't asked..many many many.
Why i am wrong please tell me.
shelf
s hel f
aeiou
ahelehel ihel ohel uhel
ihel=hiel or hieling
please understood me i used my language as pronaucment words..its how stay in my mind
please used words as determination as i wrote hear
http://bible.cc/psalms/9-8.htm
http://bible.cc/acts/17-31.htm
truth

South Perth, Australia

#423855 Feb 20, 2013
You not tell me as friend where possible is that a large number frozen body..under which control purpose or someone about what..is that crime or used for something what we as ordinary citizen don't need know..
Are you for sure i am wrong?

You try tell me we need change our-self..i explain on ordinary way..desire of us humans know more..oh yes even on simple way..did i pray know that..no..why should be..as you can read why is that happened..you need be pure person within yourself.

You not going explain..why a large as well great number as frozen in shelf..who they are?!
truth

South Perth, Australia

#423856 Feb 20, 2013
Maybe you can say..no its stronger then you..i don't say about that who is strong or not..i am not practicing nothing at all..i just try tell you how much is fast..oh so extremely fast.
Are you for sure someone not practicing something?
I CAN BE VERY EASY GREAT INVESTIGATOR FIND WHAT OTHERS CAN'T FIND.

By

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web