Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637888 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423647 Feb 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I can assure you that it is NOT displeasing to the Almighty God to defend his Word.
just how do you think that he will judge you and your cult for its satanic anti Biblical teachings concerning water baptism over the precious Blood that was shed on Calvary?
I can tell you rigth NOW. TEH WORDS DEPART FROM ME, i NEVER KNEW YOU!
and I know that He knows me he Saved me and He called me.
eacus your dead gramps coma back and said he communed with an apostle and told you so right and you seen Jesus sitting down next to you in vietnam and later a hole opened up in your belly and water come out still leaving the bed dry.
yep that about sums up your testamony.

LOL
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#423648 Feb 19, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>

Q: Why do little boys whine?
A: They are practicing to be men.
Yes---and you ought to know "all about that"!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#423649 Feb 19, 2013
I cant help but wonder why anyone is arguing with you. You are lost clay keep following those manmade traditions and worshiping false profits Hail mary clay! lol The catholics did kill, hide gods word, and try to damn others like they have the authority to do so! I think not, Clay God is the only Judge! Funny I don't remember one scripture where jesus says you have to catholic and say this many hail mary's to be forgiven! Wake up Clay they are trying to control you and everyone else! Thats why thier church is viod of followers bc we follow a living God not a washed up church!
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
For two thousand yrs, people could come into the Church building and hear 4 readings from the Bible as well as experience the scriptures come alive during the Eucharistic Liturgy. Now you tell me how the CC kept it hidden? Man, they brought the Gospel to every corner of the Earth and many died proclaiming it.
Of course, what you realty mean, is the CC didn't print it off and hand it to nut job Ideologues to 'figure out their own Christianity'. Duh
Jesus wouldn't want 42,000 Guests running around telling people what the scriptures are saying.
Question Guest,
WHY WOULD GOD
ESTABLISH
THE
HOLY
BIBLE WITHOUT
AN EARTHLY
AUTHORITY TO SAFEGUARD
AND
INTERPRET IT
FOR THE
FAITHFUL?
Guess what Guest, He did. Its the Holy Catholic Church. You are on the outside of it and have no business teaching on sacred scripture.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#423650 Feb 19, 2013
God bless all of you and I hope you realize the divide that is being caused between Gods people! WE ARE ALL CREATED EQUAL BUT AT THE SAME TIME WE ARE VERY DIFFERENT. To each his own it doesn't matter where or how you worship God as long as you do so with love,faith, and the hope that he will return, forgive, and except his people! I bare no ill will toward any denomination of Gods churches! FOR A STRONG TREE HAS MANY BRANCHES AND EACH BRANCH LOOKS DIFFERENT AND HAS ITS PURPOSE AS DOES THE TREE HAVE MANY ROOTS GROUNDED IN THE SAME SOIL! WE ARE ALL GROUNDED IN THE SAME SOIL WE JUST LOOK DIFFERENT! We are all branches of the same tree we just look different! So let us be different with the same purpose to bring others to CHRIST!
cow

United States

#423652 Feb 19, 2013
Moo
duck

United States

#423653 Feb 19, 2013
Quack
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423654 Feb 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes---and you ought to know "all about that"!!
Thank You !!!

;p

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#423655 Feb 19, 2013
ironman77 wrote:
God bless all of you and I hope you realize the divide that is being caused between Gods people! WE ARE ALL CREATED EQUAL BUT AT THE SAME TIME WE ARE VERY DIFFERENT. To each his own it doesn't matter where or how you worship God as long as you do so with love,faith, and the hope that he will return, forgive, and except his people! I bare no ill will toward any denomination of Gods churches! FOR A STRONG TREE HAS MANY BRANCHES AND EACH BRANCH LOOKS DIFFERENT AND HAS ITS PURPOSE AS DOES THE TREE HAVE MANY ROOTS GROUNDED IN THE SAME SOIL! WE ARE ALL GROUNDED IN THE SAME SOIL WE JUST LOOK DIFFERENT! We are all branches of the same tree we just look different! So let us be different with the same purpose to bring others to CHRIST!
Trees have been known to have rotted branches!!!!

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#423656 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>Sounds like something you would say when proven wrong and that you lied when yousaid no where in the new tetsament is is shown man recied the Holy Ghost.Spirit when Baptised,
As I pointed out before to you when Jesus Christ was Baptised by John the Holy Ghost descended and remained upon him then God said this is my son whom I am well pleased
Matthew 3:16
16And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up immediately out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mark 1:10 As Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove.
----------
Luke 3:22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."
----------
John 1:32 Then John gave this testimony: "I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him.
so are you really THAT STUPID that you ACTUALLY beleive that Jesus who is God received the Holy Ghost who is God when he was Baptised by John?

NEVER MIND. I ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER. YOU ARE!!!!

THE DOVE WAS A SIGN FOR JOHN TO KNOW WHO THE MESSIAH WAS.THAT EVENT WAS NOT ONE WHERE JESUS WAS BAPTISED BY THE HOLY GHOST.

----------
Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape,.... In a corporeal form, in a visible manner, and was seen with bodily eyes, at least by John the administrator;

SEE THIS[to whom this was a signal of his being the Messiah,].

Jesus was not a sinner that needed to be Saved, He is the Savior.

the dove was a sign, and was not Baptsing Jesus in any way, shape ,or form.and a fresh confirmation of it:

you are arguing for the sake of an argument, NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE RIGHT. BECAUSE YOU ARENT.

again, there is not one person who received the Holy Ghost by being Baptised in water, tap or chlorine.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423657 Feb 19, 2013
Prophecy and the New Pope to be uniting Islam with the RCC though MARY and denting the divinity of Christ !!!

7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423658 Feb 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>so are you really THAT STUPID that you ACTUALLY beleive that Jesus who is God received the Holy Ghost who is God when he was Baptised by John?
THE DOVE WAS A SIGN FOR JOHN TO KNOW WHO THE MESSIAH WAS.THAT EVENT WAS NOT ONE WHERE JESUS WAS BAPTISED BY THE HOLY GHOST.
----------
And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape,.... In a corporeal form, in a visible manner, and was seen with bodily eyes, at least by John the administrator;
the dove was a sign, and was not Baptsing Jesus in any way, shape ,or form.and a fresh confirmation of it:
you are arguing for the sake of an argument, NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE RIGHT. BECAUSE YOU ARENT.
again, there is not one person who received the Holy Ghost by being Baptised in water, tap or chlorine.
Your clueless that was the annointing of Christ to start his ministry. Latein scripture christ also states unless he goes to the father the comforter would not come. Why is that it is because the Holy Spirit REMAINED upon him.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#423659 Feb 19, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, and you have been taught and brain washed by [the new creepers] a pentecostal minister, your dad...who was taught by lil' Amiee.. a druggie, founder of your church!
Only the One True Church was taught by the Apostles that were
taught by JESUS = Catholic.
The Church Is Apostolic (Eph. 2:19–20,
The Church Jesus founded is apostolic because he appointed the apostles to be the first leaders of the Church, and their successors were to be its future leaders. The apostles were the first bishops, and, since the first century, there has been an unbroken line of Catholic bishops faithfully handing on what the apostles taught the first Christians in Scripture and oral Tradition (2 Tim. 2:2).
Not by amiee, in the 1920‘s!!!!!!!!
Actually StarC my father never ever told me , Jesus loved me.
I am not pentecostal either.
I have told you many time I am not a believer in religious denominations.
Like HoJO keeps reminding us all there are 42,000. which ine is the right one None is my opinion.
I believe in Christ Jesus and the Grace of God. The more I read on here of the different denominations I can understand why people are so confused.
I am totally sold out to Jesus, And in awe of an awesome God.
and His Amazing Grace.
I pray I will never lose it, I wake at night thanking Him for what it has done in my life, and thank Him for all He has done and the prayers He has answered concerning my family.
I don't know who lil' Amiee is, I don't have a church, I have a
Savior who is the head of the Body of Christ.
Becareful StarC, your horns are starting to spout.
Remember God saves, all different kinds of people regardless of their sin, their religion, so there is still hope for you.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#423661 Feb 19, 2013
Justice wrote:
I wonder if the anti catholics acept that the Catholic church came before the Bible and put the Bible together at the end of the 4th century.
food for thought...
"The Bible came out of the Catholic Church around the end of the 4th century. The Synods of Hippo, 393 A.D., and Carthage, 397 A.D.,and later, Carthage 419 A.D.,(along with the Traditional Bible or Latin Vulgate, 406 A.D., by Saint Jerome),gave us the canon of Sacred Scripture"
Then why don't your church teach teach what the Bible says.
The Holy Scriptures, was being written long before the catholic's false doctrine was being unlashed on the world.(THROUGH FORCE I MIGHT ADD)

It is Scripture that is said to be God-breathed (2 Timothy 3:16), and it is Scripture that has the repeated,“Thus saith the LORD...” In other words, it is the written Word that is repeatedly treated as God’s Word. Never is it said of any church tradition that it, too, is God-breathed and infallible.

(2) It is to Scripture that Jesus and the apostles appeal time after time in support or defense of their actions and teachings (Matthew 12:3, 5; 19:4; 22:31; Mark 12:10). There are over 60 verses in which you find “it is written...” used by Jesus and the apostles to support their teachings.

(3) It is to the Scriptures that the church is commended in order to combat the error that was bound to come (Acts 20:32). Likewise, it was the written Word that was seen in the Old Testament as the source of truth upon which to base one’s life (Joshua 1:8; Deuteronomy 17:18-19; Psalm 1; Psalm 19:7-11; 119; etc.). Jesus said that one of the reasons that the Sadducees were in error concerning the resurrection is that they did not know the Scriptures (Mark 12:24).

(4) Infallibility is never stated as the possession of those who would become church leaders in succession of the apostles. In both the Old and New Testaments, it is seen that duly appointed religious leaders could cause the people of God to err (1 Samuel 2:27-36; Matthew 15:14; 23:1-7; John 7:48; Acts 20:30; Galatians 2:11-16). Both Testaments exhort people to study the Scriptures to determine what is true and what is false (Psalm 19; 119; Isaiah 8:20; 2 Timothy 2:15; 3:16-17). While Jesus taught respect toward religious leaders (Matthew 23:3), an admonition which the apostles followed, we have the apostles’ example of breaking from the authority of their religious leaders when it was in opposition to what Jesus had commanded (Acts 4:19).

(5) Jesus equates the Scriptures with God’s Word (John 10:35). In contrast, when it comes to the religious traditions, He condemns some traditions because they contradict the written Word (Mark 7:1-13). Never does Jesus use religious tradition to support His actions or teachings. Before the writing of the New Testament, the Old Testament was the only inspired Scripture. However, there were literally hundreds of Jewish “traditions” recorded in the Talmud (a collection of commentary compiled by Jewish rabbis). Jesus and the apostles had both the Old Testament, and the Jewish tradition. Nowhere in Scripture does Jesus or any of the apostles appeal to the Jewish traditions. In contrast, Jesus and the apostles quote from or allude to the Old Testament hundreds of times. The Pharisees accused Jesus and the apostles of “breaking the traditions”(Matthew 15:2). Jesus responded with a rebuke:“And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition?”(Matthew 15:3). The manner in which Jesus and the apostles distinguished between the Scriptures and tradition is an example for the church. Jesus specifically rebukes treating the “commandments of men” as doctrines (Matthew 15:9).

(CONT)
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#423662 Feb 19, 2013
(CONT)
6) It is Scripture that has the promise that it will never fail, that it will all be fulfilled. Again, never is this promise given to the traditions of the church (Psalm 119:89,152; Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 5:18; Luke 21:33).

(7) It is the Scriptures that are the instrument of the Holy Spirit and His means for conquering Satan and changing lives (Hebrews 4:12; Ephesians 6:17).

"And that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Timothy 3:15-17). "To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them" (Isaiah 8:20).
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423663 Feb 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>so are you really THAT STUPID that you ACTUALLY beleive that Jesus who is God received the Holy Ghost who is God when he was Baptised by John?
----------
Mustof still left John question what he already new in his heart even after he said behold the lamb of the world because it is writtne

Matthew 11

Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,

3And said unto him, Are you he that should come, or do we look for another?

4Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and show John again those things which you do hear and see:

5The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

6And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#423664 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>If they choose to make a joyful noise to the Lord with only their voice who are you to judge ?
Praise is pleasing to God !!!
They can hum melodies for all I care. That's not the issue.
The issue is he's saying we are against scripture by playing musical instruments for God.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#423665 Feb 19, 2013
ironman77 wrote:
I cant help but wonder why anyone is arguing with you. You are lost clay keep following those manmade traditions and worshiping false profits Hail mary clay! lol The catholics did kill, hide gods word, and try to damn others like they have the authority to do so! I think not, Clay God is the only Judge! Funny I don't remember one scripture where jesus says you have to catholic and say this many hail mary's to be forgiven! Wake up Clay they are trying to control you and everyone else! Thats why thier church is viod of followers bc we follow a living God not a washed up church!
<quoted text>
All you're doing is using the books that the Catholic Church said is the New Testament to form a religion....just like every other non catholic on here.

I had a choice to be Catholic. I could have joined any thousands of protestant sects out there.
The problem is, you all have to submit to complete ignorance to be a Christian that is not Catholic.
Plain and simple.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423666 Feb 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
They can hum melodies for all I care. That's not the issue.
The issue is he's saying we are against scripture by playing musical instruments for God.
He stated there was no scripture saying to do so and he would be cautious not to add to what Christ did not teach and gave examples. I other words is it a traditon of man or God ?
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#423667 Feb 19, 2013
duck wrote:
Quack
OINK
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423668 Feb 19, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually StarC my father never ever told me , Jesus loved me.
I am not pentecostal either.
I have told you many time I am not a believer in religious denominations.
Like HoJO keeps reminding us all there are 42,000. which ine is the right one None is my opinion.
I believe in Christ Jesus and the Grace of God. The more I read on here of the different denominations I can understand why people are so confused.
I am totally sold out to Jesus, And in awe of an awesome God.
and His Amazing Grace.
I pray I will never lose it, I wake at night thanking Him for what it has done in my life, and thank Him for all He has done and the prayers He has answered concerning my family.
I don't know who lil' Amiee is, I don't have a church, I have a
Savior who is the head of the Body of Christ.
Becareful StarC, your horns are starting to spout.
Remember God saves, all different kinds of people regardless of their sin, their religion, so there is still hope for you.
Welcome to the club. They will lie and attack other poster's fathers and mothers.

If there were a shred of real-world, real-life evidence that the RCC claim of spiritual superiority were true, they would not be compelled to such extremes.

The Information Age is a trying time for Catholics-in-denial. Let's pray for them as they attack us.

"Dear Lord, we pray they walk their talk and immigrate to a wonderful RCC-majority country, like Mexico or Bolivia. Amen"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr JESUS SAVES 10,083
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) Mon nanoanomaly 1,965
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr 29 serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
More from around the web