Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683952 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#423637 Feb 19, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
"anti-christian attitude" - I'd hate to see yours if the attitude you've demonstrated on this thread is your "Christian" attitude.
I can assure you that it is NOT displeasing to the Almighty God to defend his Word.

just how do you think that he will judge you and your cult for its satanic anti Biblical teachings concerning water baptism over the precious Blood that was shed on Calvary?

I can tell you rigth NOW. TEH WORDS DEPART FROM ME, i NEVER KNEW YOU!

and I know that He knows me he Saved me and He called me.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423638 Feb 19, 2013
On topic...

The RCC has NOT lived up to its lofty claims.

If it had, the RCC would not be a comedy club staple and more than 5% of humanity would be practicing the "perfect" faith.

There is zero real-world, provable evidence to support the RCC claims -- but much to contradict the claims.

This is why free men are persecuted by Catholics... for standing by their words with specific facts and verifiable links.

Free men love the truth. But truth is too often the enemy of the RCC.

That's why RCC teachings in the day denied salvation to 99% of America's Founders.

Thankfully since then, the RCC has changed, not the USA. So much for that "one-true" baloney.

GOD BLESS REFORMATION AMERICA
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#423639 Feb 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure hojo, but the more I post what I believe, the more you refute it.
Why?
Don't you like me believing in the non-canonical Jesus?
You must not, which causes you to be very perturbed of my belief in ALL of Jesus.
I know, you only believe in a portion of his teachings. You know those that are in the Bible, but to tell the world what you think I believe (which is incorrect), is just showing the world how inconsiderate, self-righteous, and misled you really are.
Please stop making up lies about me......Or I'll have to tell a tale to the forum about the time you and a priest went to Palm Springs, CA incognito.
I'm not making up lies about you New Age. Your rejection of Matt 16:13-21 regarding Our Lords One True (Universal Catholic) Church and John 6:47-49 with regards to the Eucharist is quite obvious. If not, then please explain why you reject "Jesus Christs (own, spoken and expressed words"!!!
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423640 Feb 19, 2013
The American Continents....

Compare societies founded on RCC ideals

vs.

societies founded on Reformation ideals.

Where do Catholics posting here elect to live?

Welcome to "reality."
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423641 Feb 19, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed they do have similar beliefs when they post...I was just curious.
Atemcowby is a member of the Holiness Denomination. They're cousins of the snake handlers. The Bible salesman that beat up Ulysses Everett McGill, Delmar O'Donnell, and almost destroyed the frog thought to be Pete Hogwallop was an early influence of the sect. Paul Thorn says they've been known to pay rent on their buildings through the sale of cherry bombs for Jesus out of the Holy Ghost Big Bang Theory Pentecostal Fire and Brimstone Mission Temple Fireworks Stand. They've been know to cover annual expenses from their sales on New Years and the 4th of July. Preston runs the sparklers and the water hose and is famous for the invitation, "today bottle rockets are two for one but salvation's free".

;)
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423642 Feb 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>no the Word of God is plain and the verses that you posted are all OT and have nothing to do with the Grace of our Savior thru the Blood sacrifice of Him.
so maybe you are smarter and more knowledgable than Hank, show me one verse where people in the NT received the holy Ghost when they were baptised in water.
AND DONT BE AS STUPID AS THE sda FOLLOWER WHO BROUGHT UP JESUS BECAUSE THE DOVE , REPRESENTING THE HOLY GHOST,WHICH WAS A SIGN FOR JOHN THE BAPTIST TO KNOW WHO THE MESSIAH WOULD BE.
Answer: Acts 2:38
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423643 Feb 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is Saban, that there is "nothing to discuss, nothing to debate and nothing to argue about. The TRUTH has, is and will continue to remain in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Church (the bride of Christ---which (by-the-way) has been proven, authenticated and verified TRUE, over and over and over again, for over 2000 years by documented writings from the Early Church Fathers, Lives of the Saints and the Apologistic historian authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant..... Your (own) Protestant (bible only) personal "opinionated" interpretation of the Sacred Scrip0ture is just another one of 42,000 other "rif-raf" of contradicting "personal opinioned ---(Relative Truths) " that cannot agree on ANYTHING---except attacking, condemning and passing your "personal opinionated" vengeance and hostility against Jesus Christ and His (one and only) True Apostolic Catholic Church.---You "fundies" keep "paddling around in circles" in your bible only boat of (half-truth, half-heresy Christianity with more and more confusion, chaos, disorientation and bewilderment. NO WONDER--Protestants are leaving their "relative truth" (whatever each person thinks (individually is true) beliefs by the hundreds and are coming to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Catholic Church.
before its Apostasy...

You have 0 worthy replies to those verses. you can do better than that can't you?
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423644 Feb 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, you, a follower of teh devils maiden are pointing out something to ME.LOL
those men prove my point which is why Hank keeps silent. those men of ephesus had been batised before only in water.
but they had not received the Holy Ghost, and that is just the way it is with hank and the saban {fan}, they both are unsaved and what is ironic is they know it but refuse to accept it since this is what their church teaches, no diferent than the catholics on here. one cult is the same another, like yours.
Sounds like something you would say when proven wrong and that you lied when yousaid no where in the new tetsament is is shown man recied the Holy Ghost.Spirit when Baptised,

As I pointed out before to you when Jesus Christ was Baptised by John the Holy Ghost descended and remained upon him then God said this is my son whom I am well pleased

Matthew 3:16

16And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up immediately out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mark 1:10 As Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove.
----------
Luke 3:22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."
----------
John 1:32 Then John gave this testimony: "I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423645 Feb 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is Saban, that there is "nothing to discuss, nothing to debate and nothing to argue about. The TRUTH has, is and will continue to remain in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Church (the bride of Christ---which (by-the-way) has been proven, authenticated and verified TRUE, over and over and over again, for over 2000 years by documented writings from the Early Church Fathers, Lives of the Saints and the Apologistic historian authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant..... Your (own) Protestant (bible only) personal "opinionated" interpretation of the Sacred Scrip0ture is just another one of 42,000 other "rif-raf" of contradicting "personal opinioned ---(Relative Truths) " that cannot agree on ANYTHING---except attacking, condemning and passing your "personal opinionated" vengeance and hostility against Jesus Christ and His (one and only) True Apostolic Catholic Church.---You "fundies" keep "paddling around in circles" in your bible only boat of (half-truth, half-heresy Christianity with more and more confusion, chaos, disorientation and bewilderment. NO WONDER--Protestants are leaving their "relative truth" (whatever each person thinks (individually is true) beliefs by the hundreds and are coming to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Catholic Church.
Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you. Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying,“Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:“Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence. For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

(Deuteronomy 4:2, 2 John 1:9, 1 Corinthians 4:6, Galatians 1:8, Colossians 2:20-23, 2 Corinthians 11:13-15)
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423646 Feb 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I can assure you that it is NOT displeasing to the Almighty God to defend his Word.
just how do you think that he will judge you and your cult for its satanic anti Biblical teachings concerning water baptism over the precious Blood that was shed on Calvary?
You should've answered.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423647 Feb 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I can assure you that it is NOT displeasing to the Almighty God to defend his Word.
eacus your dead gramps coma back and said he communed with an apostle and told you so right and you seen Jesus sitting down next to you in vietnam and later a hole opened up in your belly and water come out still leaving the bed dry.
yep that about sums up your testamony.

LOL
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#423648 Feb 19, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>

Q: Why do little boys whine?
A: They are practicing to be men.
Yes---and you ought to know "all about that"!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#423649 Feb 19, 2013
I cant help but wonder why anyone is arguing with you. You are lost clay keep following those manmade traditions and worshiping false profits Hail mary clay! lol The catholics did kill, hide gods word, and try to damn others like they have the authority to do so! I think not, Clay God is the only Judge! Funny I don't remember one scripture where jesus says you have to catholic and say this many hail mary's to be forgiven! Wake up Clay they are trying to control you and everyone else! Thats why thier church is viod of followers bc we follow a living God not a washed up church!
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
For two thousand yrs, people could come into the Church building and hear 4 readings from the Bible as well as experience the scriptures come alive during the Eucharistic Liturgy. Now you tell me how the CC kept it hidden? Man, they brought the Gospel to every corner of the Earth and many died proclaiming it.
Of course, what you realty mean, is the CC didn't print it off and hand it to nut job Ideologues to 'figure out their own Christianity'. Duh
Jesus wouldn't want 42,000 Guests running around telling people what the scriptures are saying.
Question Guest,
WHY WOULD GOD
ESTABLISH
THE
HOLY
BIBLE WITHOUT
AN EARTHLY
AUTHORITY TO SAFEGUARD
AND
INTERPRET IT
FOR THE
FAITHFUL?
Guess what Guest, He did. Its the Holy Catholic Church. You are on the outside of it and have no business teaching on sacred scripture.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#423650 Feb 19, 2013
God bless all of you and I hope you realize the divide that is being caused between Gods people! WE ARE ALL CREATED EQUAL BUT AT THE SAME TIME WE ARE VERY DIFFERENT. To each his own it doesn't matter where or how you worship God as long as you do so with love,faith, and the hope that he will return, forgive, and except his people! I bare no ill will toward any denomination of Gods churches! FOR A STRONG TREE HAS MANY BRANCHES AND EACH BRANCH LOOKS DIFFERENT AND HAS ITS PURPOSE AS DOES THE TREE HAVE MANY ROOTS GROUNDED IN THE SAME SOIL! WE ARE ALL GROUNDED IN THE SAME SOIL WE JUST LOOK DIFFERENT! We are all branches of the same tree we just look different! So let us be different with the same purpose to bring others to CHRIST!
cow

United States

#423652 Feb 19, 2013
Moo
duck

United States

#423653 Feb 19, 2013
Quack
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423654 Feb 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes---and you ought to know "all about that"!!
Thank You !!!

;p

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#423655 Feb 19, 2013
ironman77 wrote:
God bless all of you and I hope you realize the divide that is being caused between Gods people! WE ARE ALL CREATED EQUAL BUT AT THE SAME TIME WE ARE VERY DIFFERENT. To each his own it doesn't matter where or how you worship God as long as you do so with love,faith, and the hope that he will return, forgive, and except his people! I bare no ill will toward any denomination of Gods churches! FOR A STRONG TREE HAS MANY BRANCHES AND EACH BRANCH LOOKS DIFFERENT AND HAS ITS PURPOSE AS DOES THE TREE HAVE MANY ROOTS GROUNDED IN THE SAME SOIL! WE ARE ALL GROUNDED IN THE SAME SOIL WE JUST LOOK DIFFERENT! We are all branches of the same tree we just look different! So let us be different with the same purpose to bring others to CHRIST!
Trees have been known to have rotted branches!!!!

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
atemcowboy

Athens, OH

#423656 Feb 19, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like something you would say when proven wrong and that you lied when yousaid no where in the new tetsament is is shown man recied the Holy Ghost.Spirit when Baptised,
As I pointed out before to you when Jesus Christ was Baptised by John the Holy Ghost descended and remained upon him then God said this is my son whom I am well pleased
Matthew 3:16
16And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up immediately out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mark 1:10 As Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove.
----------
Luke 3:22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."
----------
John 1:32 Then John gave this testimony: "I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him.
so are you really THAT STUPID that you ACTUALLY beleive that Jesus who is God received the Holy Ghost who is God when he was Baptised by John?

NEVER MIND. I ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER. YOU ARE!!!!

THE DOVE WAS A SIGN FOR JOHN TO KNOW WHO THE MESSIAH WAS.THAT EVENT WAS NOT ONE WHERE JESUS WAS BAPTISED BY THE HOLY GHOST.

----------
Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape,.... In a corporeal form, in a visible manner, and was seen with bodily eyes, at least by John the administrator;

SEE THIS[to whom this was a signal of his being the Messiah,].

Jesus was not a sinner that needed to be Saved, He is the Savior.

the dove was a sign, and was not Baptsing Jesus in any way, shape ,or form.and a fresh confirmation of it:

you are arguing for the sake of an argument, NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE RIGHT. BECAUSE YOU ARENT.

again, there is not one person who received the Holy Ghost by being Baptised in water, tap or chlorine.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423657 Feb 19, 2013
Prophecy and the New Pope to be uniting Islam with the RCC though MARY and denting the divinity of Christ !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Tue misleading troller 2
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web