Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,393)

Showing posts 407,841 - 407,860 of529,852
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Jesus IS followed by millions today, isn't He?
There you go. Evidence.
Over 7 BILLION people on the planet. Just over 1 Billion claim to be catholic but not all practice their faith. Over 1 Billion Muslims, millions of Hindus, Seiks, jews, non believers and others.

If God is almighty, all powerful he could have made the whole world catholic, but he didn't.

Remember God has no religion.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not beef, that's hot air.
You are confused as ever, Free Mind which is no surprise to "any of us Catholics" who know the historically and biblically truth of over 2000 years, regarding Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church........ The "hot air" that you continue to see, is your own "bible only Protestant "smoke" that you and the rest of you (fundies) "keep blowing" each day in your "conflicting and inconsistent" interpretations of the bible!!
More Protestant confusion, more chaos and more contradictions to what the TRUTH of the bible and the TRUTH of TRUE Church History that has actually been Proven, authenticated and recorded for over 2000 years!!!-------Bible only Protestantism!!!You can have the contradiction, the inconsistencies,and the "relative truths" (whatever each person thinks is true, may or may not be true) YOU CAN HAVE IT!!! IT IS ALL YOURS!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

186 179
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where the Catholic Church AND Catholics believe sacred tradition, catechism and Magistrium is "above the Bible?
Its Sunday Ox, I really don't think you should be bearing false witness today.(or any day for that matter)
The Bible says:

And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

The rosary is a prayer to Mary...the Hail Mary is repeated 50 times!!!! All contrary to the Bible teaching on praying.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
186 179
<quoted text>
The Bible says:
And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
The rosary is a prayer to Mary...the Hail Mary is repeated 50 times!!!! All contrary to the Bible teaching on praying.
You're isolating that verse and manipulating it for your conspiracy Christianity.

pssst under your criteria you shouldn't say the 'The Lords Prayer' more than once a week... If that!
Lol
atemcowboy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Circular logic.
Christ never taught that He'd leave a "manual", there wasn't one available until the printing press was invented, yet you insist that it "makes perfect sense" that Christ would do what in fact He did not do (which He never said He was going to do to begin with).
If it made "perfect sense", Christ would have done what you describe, yet He did not. He did not leave us with the Bible. It wasn't canonized for 300+ years after His departure from Earth.
Again, "scripture alone" contradicts the teachings in scripture.
"Christ never taught that He'd leave a "manual."

lets see you prove this statement.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
186 179
<quoted text>
The Bible says:
Besides ox, I asked you to show me where the CC puts sacred tradition above sacred scripture. The Hail Mary (although its based on sacred scripture) is not sacred tradition.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I have to "explain" them? It's in the Bible. You own one.
Look it up.
Also, making direct response to your post isn't me "spinning". It's simply you forgetting you asked the question.
I haven't seen a direct response from you to me in quite a while.

What you mentioned to me was three or four things you said the Catholic Church had that I do not remember seeing in the scriptures. I asked three or more times for clarification.

If you ain't spinning your dancing around the subject.

Forget it anyways. Uselessness is not something with which I have much toleration. At least your "f a t h e r" has shown some credibility. If I have a question I'll ask him.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Circular logic.
Christ never taught that He'd leave a "manual", there wasn't one available until the printing press was invented, yet you insist that it "makes perfect sense" that Christ would do what in fact He did not do (which He never said He was going to do to begin with).
If it made "perfect sense", Christ would have done what you describe, yet He did not. He did not leave us with the Bible. It wasn't canonized for 300+ years after His departure from Earth.
Again, "scripture alone" contradicts the teachings in scripture.
You continue to make strong statements about the unscriptural use of scripture alone while conveniently leaving out the scriptural evidence of your claim.

Useless.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't ever think we Catholics think the Bible is useless. You will never see so much respect towards the sacred scriptures then what takes place at the Holy Mass- where scripture is entwined with the celebration and it comes alive.
The first step to becoming a c.o.c member is to ignore historic fact; put a false label on the Bible and conceive some kinda notion that there is a wicked Church that has spread the Gospel the wrong way for 2,000 yrs.(you even have to make up history, for example: the Papacy and Church didn't begin until 606 AD?)
There is allot of things you need to believe that are far out there, Saban. We present you with truth, and you simply ignore it.
You and Dan both are like trying to nail jello to a tree. You don't stand firm anywhere or hold firmly to anything except what the men running the church today tell you too. Your following men. Your CONVICTION is to them and an ever evolving church that has perverted the church of scripture.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

186 179
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where the Catholic Church AND Catholics believe sacred tradition, catechism and Magistrium is "above the Bible?
Its Sunday Ox, I really don't think you should be bearing false witness today.(or any day for that matter)
The Bible teaches "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God"..

Catholics say....that is bunk...the truth of the matter is, Mary was not a sinner!!!!!

In the Constitution Ineffabilis Deus of 8 December, 1854, Pius IX pronounced and defined that the Blessed Virgin Mary "in the first instance of her conception, by a singular privilege and grace granted by God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the human race, was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin."

The Fathers call Mary the tabernacle exempt from defilement and corruption (Hippolytus, "Ontt. in illud, Dominus pascit me");
Origen calls her worthy of God, immaculate of the immaculate, most complete sanctity, perfect justice, neither deceived by the persuasion of the serpent, nor infected with his poisonous breathings ("Hom. i in diversa");
Ambrose says she is incorrupt, a virgin immune through grace from every stain of sin ("Sermo xxii in Ps. cxviii);
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
No, 25,000 showed up for mass only . I mentioned nothing about the people lined up on the street. Not all in brazil had tickets…. They are free but you do need tickets for the mass. Duh!
You wouldn’t know this b/c you are a protestant!!!!
We honor Blessed Mother Mary. This is not idolatry… in your mind it might be, so stay with it, protestant.[you can’t love Blessed Mother more then Jesus did] Jesus said 'Behold your mother" while dying on the cross.
Sure Brazilians read the bible and interpret it to their liken. This is why you guys can not agree on Scripture. LOL 42k different protestant churches, how many in Brazil?
We are still NUMERO UNO IN BRAZIL, lol only 22% are protestant and I wonder how many agree with one another. Judging from this board, you guys are always disagreeing about something. Question for you, how many attend your church???? 30 or so??? lol
The mass in Brazil 2007
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:BentoX...
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:BentoX...
This is in Holy Scripture…be sure to open your bible and read it.
Or do you just skip over it??
The Magnificat (found in Luke 1:46-55) is the Blessed Virgin Mary's canticle praising our Lord.
And CIE, I feel sorry for you b/c you are so lost!!!
When our Lord Jesus Christ died on the Cross,He gave to John the beloved Apostle the responsibility of the care of His mother.The Catholic idea or interpretation or literally an assumption,THAT Jesus gave to the world His mother,or to the church for that matter is not a concrete doctrine or dogma of Christian persuasion.

Mary for whatever reason Jesus had would that very evening be under John's protection and care.Now those brothers James,Joses,and Judas who are named earlier in Luke's gospel as one of His brothers,most likely spiritually at the time were not ready to assume responsibility.They for all intense and purposes were not even there to see Him die.EVEN if they were cousins or whatever the RCC believes them to be,WHY were they not present with Mary to see Him die,where were the sisters as well?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

god always listen prayers..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

190 186 179
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're isolating that verse and manipulating it for your conspiracy Christianity.
pssst under your criteria you shouldn't say the 'The Lords Prayer' more than once a week... If that!
Lol
What I quoted was not a verse...it was verses..I did not manipulate it...I quoted it verbatim from Scripture...

It clearly shows the Catholic teaching on prayer is not sourced on Scripture...
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>"Christ never taught that He'd leave a "manual."
lets see you prove this statement.
Can you imagine preston, JESUS, who relied on the scriptures of the Old, and by the way everlasting covenant of HIS Jewish people,would not expect that His Apostles would NEVER write down the things they saw and heard from His own lips? How ridiculous to use that ploy that Jesus never left a manuel or wanted a book.DAN and all the Catholics should know better,they have a zillion books on the subject of Christ,who are they trying to kid?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Troy wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you said that the Pope's statement is making you 'seriously consider leaving the church', just reinforces why it does matter whether people are Catholic, methodist, lutheran, etc. Spiritual relativsm is not new, you and those like you, who believe that the truth of what the Church teaches is somehow subject to whether you agree with it or not are exactly why the Pope is saying what he is saying. He's not saying something new, it's what the Church has ALWAYS taught! Your comments are just proving the points that the Pope made in the homily he gave at conclave before his election: http://www.oecumene.radiovaticana.org/en1/Art...
You would do well to read this and anyone else who may be guilty of "being tossed to and fro by every wave of doctrine"... Eph. 4:14
You must be kidding! The only true church, hahaha! You people are so full of yourselves. If jesus was here today in flesh he would undoubtably walk past the doors of the catholic church with his followers just as he did with the jews! God help you and your pope (dope)! Anyone this arrogant has no right to be pope! The only true god is in heaven with his son Jesus not in any building or city regardless of how holy you think it is! The church has always taught they are the only true church for the same reason the jews said the same thing control and fear of losing it! Get a clue!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides ox, I asked you to show me where the CC puts sacred tradition above sacred scripture. The Hail Mary (although its based on sacred scripture) is not sacred tradition.
The prayer call the Our Father is in Scripture....Mt 6:9-12

Mt 6:9 ¶ After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

Show me the Hail Mary in Scripture as is the Our Father.......
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
186 179
<quoted text>
The Bible teaches "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God"..
Catholics say....that is bunk...the truth of the matter is, Mary was not a sinner!!!!!
In the Constitution Ineffabilis Deus of 8 December, 1854, Pius IX pronounced and defined that the Blessed Virgin Mary "in the first instance of her conception, by a singular privilege and grace granted by God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the human race, was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin."
The Fathers call Mary the tabernacle exempt from defilement and corruption (Hippolytus, "Ontt. in illud, Dominus pascit me");
Origen calls her worthy of God, immaculate of the immaculate, most complete sanctity, perfect justice, neither deceived by the persuasion of the serpent, nor infected with his poisonous breathings ("Hom. i in diversa");
Ambrose says she is incorrupt, a virgin immune through grace from every stain of sin ("Sermo xxii in Ps. cxviii);
You've pretty much proved you're irrelevant on this forum. But I'll play along to your stupid word play (and btw ox, the way you toy around with sacred scripture is nothing short of a sin)

"All have sinned" would not include Jesus Christ nor Mary nor any infant.
Now please don't do this with our Holy Book. It does not belong to you and you've got no business trying to teach on it. Ok?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

183 179
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse puckee:
Catholics consider their "traditions" "catechism" "magnastrium" above the Bible....proof....their teachings contradict the Bible..
I have had one staunch Catholic tell me that the Bible is only a reference book...authored by men...
The Bible says "what God has joined together, let no man put asunder"...

The Catholics "put asunder what God has joined together" as a routine matter...it is called annulment...

annulment: 1.(Law) a formal invalidation, as of a marriage, judicial proceeding, etc

Note...For a marriage to be invalidated...there must be a marriage!!!!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Dan both are like trying to nail jello to a tree. You don't stand firm anywhere or hold firmly to anything except what the men running the church today tell you too. Your following men. Your CONVICTION is to them and an ever evolving church that has perverted the church of scripture.
The Catholic Church has never veered from scripture. Ever.
No Pope, Bishop or Priest has any authority to go against scripture. Everything that was revealed from the Apostles concerning scripture is done. This is why 2,000 yr later, the Catholic and Orthodox look so much different than you 40,000 +. We have not changed you have!

The so-called 'church of Christ' looks like any other fundie sect that's popped up in the last 200 yrs. You guys cherry picked your own religion based on private interpretation of the Catholic Bible.
Rob mentioned another group who tried to build a tower to Heaven. Do you remember them from the Old Testament?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

186 179
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You've pretty much proved you're irrelevant on this forum. But I'll play along to your stupid word play (and btw ox, the way you toy around with sacred scripture is nothing short of a sin)
"All have sinned" would not include Jesus Christ nor Mary nor any infant.
Now please don't do this with our Holy Book. It does not belong to you and you've got no business trying to teach on it. Ok?
Thanks for proving my words...Catholic teach Mar y was sinless...which is opposite to what Scripture says!!!!!

According to your teachings...babies are born with original sin!!!! You don't know that????

Quote: Original sin may be taken to mean:(1) the sin that Adam committed; (2) a consequence of this first sin, the hereditary stain with which we are born on account of our origin or descent from Adam.

From the earliest times the latter sense of the word was more common, as may be seen by St. Augustine's statement: "the deliberate sin of the first man is the cause of original sin" (De nupt. et concup., II, xxvi, 43). It is the hereditary stain that is dealt with here. As to the sin of Adam we have not to examine the circumstances in which it was committed nor make the exegesis of the third chapter of Genesis.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 407,841 - 407,860 of529,852
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••