Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
407,821 - 407,840 of 532,546 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

bos cos dos
dosie

dnk
https://www.google.com.au/search...

i am not care what others try set up
i know how much they try hurt others..no
they are not better

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

157 070 005 998 932
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
God works in mysterious ways........thats what everyone says.
..... Maybe God uses reverse physcology and he likes me more than you.
Uh-huh....especially since your biggest goal is to poke fun at His Word...and try in vain to prove His Word is fallible..
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

no evil devilish program is some game..evil is always evil..i am not that person which others try describe on corupt evil way..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes. Whatever it takes to shape you ideology...
Everybody lied. There was a great conspiracy! The anti Christ and the Beast were gearing up by infiltration of the church. It was all predicted by Nastrodamas lol!
I can't grasp what you're trying to convey? Are you sayin Ignatius WASN'T a student of the Apostles? That he just wrote things without proper understanding?
Eusebius, the 4th century historian who wen to the churches and recorded their successors says that the Apostles Peter and Paul, who planted the faith in Antioch, left directions that Ignatius should succeed Evodius as bishop of that city; he states further that Ignatius retained the office for forty years, proving himself in every way an exemplary pastor.

On the child who was held by Jesus this is stated as legend by the Enclopedia. So the Adventist with reading comprehension issues posts a lol on what the Enclopedia states as legend. Legend meaning may have never happened. The History recorded by Eusebius though is not. The actual birth date of Ignatious is not known.

Conspiracy Christianity as you have coined is a very good. Lets not forget the Jews say Jesus never really rose and Christians hid the body. Atheists say all of it is bunk. The Muslims say Jesus never really died on the cross. Hey even in MN there are people who still believe the the 35w Bridge that collapsed was terrorism,and of course the twin towers was a secret operation of George Bush. Ahminutjob says the Holocaust never happened. Oh well. Since the bible doesnt say much about the other Apostles we can assume they had no value based on the presumptions of the protestants in here. Ireneaus would be speaking to most of them today with all their profound knowledge.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were the beliefs I asked you to explain. You mentioned a few things but you never explained their importance.
You've spun me in so many posts now I can't remember what they were.
Why should I have to "explain" them? It's in the Bible. You own one.

Look it up.

Also, making direct response to your post isn't me "spinning". It's simply you forgetting you asked the question.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Your whole life depends on the catechism? Can you make decisions yourself without going to the catholic playbook?
If you DAN can't trust your own church leaders to lead good moral lives, the catechism is just another book of rules and regulations that YOU MUST FOLLOW, but many church officials don't follow themselves.........BUSTED!
When authorities in your church, had stated that others were not worthy, do you Dan, say the church authorities are WRONG?......
You have yet to answer that........I wonder why!
Why do you FEAR to question your church leaders Dan? Popes who believed and informed others that non catholics were not worthy. Embroiled in scandal after scandal, as if the catechism never existed.
UNBELIEVABLE!
The statement you (or FM) put into play was dependent upon the Catechism, since it was framed as Catholic teaching.

The Catechism IS Church teaching.

Again, this hissy fit from you lets me know that you are indeed "busted", since you're diverting.

Thanks.
lovelife7

Sauk City, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Have you seen the latest words from the pope when he thought the mic was off?? http://www.youtube.com/watch...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Eusebius, the 4th century historian who wen to the churches and recorded their successors says that the Apostles Peter and Paul, who planted the faith in Antioch, left directions that Ignatius should succeed Evodius as bishop of that city; he states further that Ignatius retained the office for forty years, proving himself in every way an exemplary pastor.
On the child who was held by Jesus this is stated as legend by the Enclopedia. So the Adventist with reading comprehension issues posts a lol on what the Enclopedia states as legend. Legend meaning may have never happened. The History recorded by Eusebius though is not. The actual birth date of Ignatious is not known.
Conspiracy Christianity as you have coined is a very good. Lets not forget the Jews say Jesus never really rose and Christians hid the body. Atheists say all of it is bunk. The Muslims say Jesus never really died on the cross. Hey even in MN there are people who still believe the the 35w Bridge that collapsed was terrorism,and of course the twin towers was a secret operation of George Bush. Ahminutjob says the Holocaust never happened. Oh well. Since the bible doesnt say much about the other Apostles we can assume they had no value based on the presumptions of the protestants in here. Ireneaus would be speaking to most of them today with all their profound knowledge.
Dust Storm says.......
.......Conspiracy Christianity as you have coined is a very good. Lets not forget the Jews say Jesus never really rose and Christians hid the body. Atheists say all of it is bunk. The Muslims say Jesus never really died on the cross. Hey even in MN there are people who still believe the the 35w Bridge that collapsed was terrorism,and of course the twin towers was a secret operation of George Bush. Ahminutjob says the Holocaust never happened.

Michael says......you can't compare these incidents together inplying everything you mention were conspiracy theories.

Evidence, determines what is true, not one sided biased stories written about this man, and "ONLY" in the bible and no where else.

Outside the bible, there are no writings during this era, by anyone from the entire MEDITERANEAN that a miracle man Jesus ever lived. No evidence of a virgin birth as catholics describe it. Thats not good! Devastating!

..During this era lived the best educated writers, scribes, philosophers, statesmen and government officials of that time. Not one of them ever mentions a miracle working godman Jesus.

Believing and hoping something is true, will not make it true. Evidence determines truth, and without evidence its only a BELIEF You have a belief. A belief can never be a fact, until it is proven, and your belief will stay just that, a belief, just as every other religion claims they too have only beliefs.

Sorry!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

An interesting Tale of the Eucharist:

A Pretty Maid , a Protestant, was to a catholic wed;
To love all Bible Truths a Tales, quite early she had been bred.
It sorely grieved her husband's heart, That she would not comply,
And join the Mother Church of Rome, and a heretic's deny.

So day by day he flattered her; But still she saw no good.
Would ever come from bowing down, to idols made of wood.

The Mass, The Host, The Miracle, was made but to deceive; and Transubstantistion, too she'd never dare believe.

He went to see his clergyman, and told his sad tale.
"My wife is an unbeliever sir, you can perhaps prevail."

For all your Romish miracles, my wife has strong aversion. May lead to her conversion.

The priest went with the gentleman, He thought to gain a prize. He said , "I will convert her sir,
and open both her eyes."

"The priest has come to dine with us!" "He's welcome," she replied.

And when at last, the meal was o'er,
The priest at once began, to teach his hostess all about the sinful state of man.

The greatness of our savior's love, which christians can't deny. To give Himself a sacrifice,
and for our sins to die.

"I will return tomorrow lass, Prepare so bread and wine; the sacramentle miracle, will stop your soul's decline."

"I'll bake the bread," the lady said. "you may," he did reply. "and when you've seen this miracle,
convinced you'll be, say I."

The priest did come accordingly, the bread and wine did bless. The lady asked, "Sir has it changed?" The preist answered "yes."

"It's changed from common bread and wine, to truly flesh and blood. Begorra lass, this power of mine,
has changed it into God!"

So having blessed the bread and wine, to eat they did prepare, the lady said unto the priest, "I warn you take care.

For half an ounce of arsenic, was mixed right in the batter, but since you have changed its nature ,it can't really matter.

The priest wa struck real dumb, he looked as pale as death, the bread and wine fell from his hands,
and he did grasp for breath..

"Bring me my horse!" the priest cried , "this is a cursed home." The lady replied , "begone; tis you who shares the curse of Rome!"

The husband, too he sat surprised, and not a word did say. At length he spoke, My dear said he, "The priest has run away."

To gulp such mummery and tripe, I'm not for sure quite able; I'll go with you and we'll renounce ,
"THIS ROMAN CATHOLIC FABLE".

AUTHOR UNKNOWN
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I have to "explain" them? It's in the Bible. You own one.
Look it up.
Also, making direct response to your post isn't me "spinning". It's simply you forgetting you asked the question.
Why is the bible the ONLY source of stories about a divine Jesus? From 4 BCE to 30 AD there were dozens of Jewish and Roman writers, scribes, philosophers, government offials and not one of them, and not one of the thousands supposedly miraclized ever handed down a story about a miracle man named Jesus....Why? If someone brought me back from the dead, I would make sure I told everyone! Nothing! The bible says Jesus was followed by thousands, yet we know ZERO about this man other than BIASED writers who wrote their stories decades after this man supposedly died, and the first christians formed dozens of sects and none of them referred to their leader as ever being human but a spirit in the sky only!...... Makes no common sense.

We need evidence, not tall tales.
something is terribly wrong!
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right that I don't call myself a Protestant.'Christian' will do just fine.
It's hard to believe any so called believer would admit God's Word won't do. That ranks right up there with my being told 'it is unscriptural to be scriptural'.
If you were not indoctrinated by Catholicism perhaps you could see that it would make perfect sense in God's plan to leave a manual with us that we could use to go to Heaven whether we had anything else to teach and guide us or not.
Is the Bible just useless unless we have the mighty Catholic Church to tell us what to think? Should we just rid ourselves of this *useless*'treasure' and give up all to the King (Catholic Church)?
My King is Christ. To have a King their must be a Kingdom. The Bible *ALONE* can instruct you how to be in that Kingdom, the New Jerusalem/Spiritual Israel.
Circular logic.

Christ never taught that He'd leave a "manual", there wasn't one available until the printing press was invented, yet you insist that it "makes perfect sense" that Christ would do what in fact He did not do (which He never said He was going to do to begin with).

If it made "perfect sense", Christ would have done what you describe, yet He did not. He did not leave us with the Bible. It wasn't canonized for 300+ years after His departure from Earth.

Again, "scripture alone" contradicts the teachings in scripture.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is the bible the ONLY source of stories about a divine Jesus? From 4 BCE to 30 AD there were dozens of Jewish and Roman writers, scribes, philosophers, government offials and not one of them, and not one of the thousands supposedly miraclized ever handed down a story about a miracle man named Jesus....Why? If someone brought me back from the dead, I would make sure I told everyone! Nothing! The bible says Jesus was followed by thousands, yet we know ZERO about this man other than BIASED writers who wrote their stories decades after this man supposedly died, and the first christians formed dozens of sects and none of them referred to their leader as ever being human but a spirit in the sky only!...... Makes no common sense.
We need evidence, not tall tales.
something is terribly wrong!
Well, Jesus IS followed by millions today, isn't He?

There you go. Evidence.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The statement you (or FM) put into play was dependent upon the Catechism, since it was framed as Catholic teaching.
The Catechism IS Church teaching.
Again, this hissy fit from you lets me know that you are indeed "busted", since you're diverting.
Thanks.
\

If its not in the catechism so be it. There is nothing in the catechism that describes a physical Jesus, but tens of thousands of statues and pictures depicting this man as a long haired california surfer. I bet you have a few? Why? If a man named Jesus really lived and you didn't know what he looked like, why create an image in your mind of something that isn't true?

Will you state that these 3 popes were WRONG? I gave you the factual information. What are you afraid of?

BUSTED again!

Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right that I don't call myself a Protestant.'Christian' will do just fine.
It's hard to believe any so called believer would admit God's Word won't do. That ranks right up there with my being told 'it is unscriptural to be scriptural'.
If you were not indoctrinated by Catholicism perhaps you could see that it would make perfect sense in God's plan to leave a manual with us that we could use to go to Heaven whether we had anything else to teach and guide us or not.
Is the Bible just useless unless we have the mighty Catholic Church to tell us what to think? Should we just rid ourselves of this *useless*'treasure' and give up all to the King (Catholic Church)?
My King is Christ. To have a King their must be a Kingdom. The Bible *ALONE* can instruct you how to be in that Kingdom, the New Jerusalem/Spiritual Israel.
Don't ever think we Catholics think the Bible is useless. You will never see so much respect towards the sacred scriptures then what takes place at the Holy Mass- where scripture is entwined with the celebration and it comes alive.

The first step to becoming a c.o.c member is to ignore historic fact; put a false label on the Bible and conceive some kinda notion that there is a wicked Church that has spread the Gospel the wrong way for 2,000 yrs.(you even have to make up history, for example: the Papacy and Church didn't begin until 606 AD?)
There is allot of things you need to believe that are far out there, Saban. We present you with truth, and you simply ignore it.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Two weeks ago Father Rob said he was done with this forum and was moving over to catholic answers forum. He is still here!
...... Anthony and Regina said they were going too. What happened to you and Clay, did you miss the bus, or you just can't leave behind the great friendships you have developed here with the rest of us?
I never said that I was leaving!! Besides, with you and your anti-catholic (exaggerated) "trash articles" and (over-blown) personal vindictive opinions" ---still being sprewed out,------ I would have "no reason" to leave this forum.....I certainly, wouldn't want to miss ANY of your "distorted, laughable and ridiculous "trashing the Catholic Church comments" as you continue to "make a fool of yourself" with your hostile vengeance toward Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His (biblically and historically proven) One True Catholic Church
As you keep tell us "something is either BUSTED or terribly wrong" and I have told you (many times) to "look in the mirror"-----THEN and only THEN you will (definitely) find what is wrong!!!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't ever think we Catholics think the Bible is useless. You will never see so much respect towards the sacred scriptures then what takes place at the Holy Mass- where scripture is entwined with the celebration and it comes alive.
The first step to becoming a c.o.c member is to ignore historic fact; put a false label on the Bible and conceive some kinda notion that there is a wicked Church that has spread the Gospel the wrong way for 2,000 yrs.(you even have to make up history, for example: the Papacy and Church didn't begin until 606 AD?)
There is allot of things you need to believe that are far out there, Saban. We present you with truth, and you simply ignore it.
Why didn't you leave with Anthony and Regina M.? You hung them out to dry. They thought you were getting on the bus with them and heading over to the catholic answers forum.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse puckee:

Catholics consider their "traditions" "catechism" "magnastrium" above the Bible....proof....their teachings contradict the Bible..

I have had one staunch Catholic tell me that the Bible is only a reference book...authored by men...
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
An interesting Tale of the Eucharist:
A Pretty Maid , a Protestant, was to a catholic wed;
To love all Bible Truths a Tales, quite early she had been bred.
It sorely grieved her husband's heart, That she would not comply,
And join the Mother Church of Rome, and a heretic's deny.
So day by day he flattered her; But still she saw no good.
Would ever come from bowing down, to idols made of wood.
The Mass, The Host, The Miracle, was made but to deceive; and Transubstantistion, too she'd never dare believe.
He went to see his clergyman, and told his sad tale.
"My wife is an unbeliever sir, you can perhaps prevail."
For all your Romish miracles, my wife has strong aversion. May lead to her conversion.
The priest went with the gentleman, He thought to gain a prize. He said , "I will convert her sir,
and open both her eyes."
"The priest has come to dine with us!" "He's welcome," she replied.
And when at last, the meal was o'er,
The priest at once began, to teach his hostess all about the sinful state of man.
The greatness of our savior's love, which christians can't deny. To give Himself a sacrifice,
and for our sins to die.
"I will return tomorrow lass, Prepare so bread and wine; the sacramentle miracle, will stop your soul's decline."
"I'll bake the bread," the lady said. "you may," he did reply. "and when you've seen this miracle,
convinced you'll be, say I."
The priest did come accordingly, the bread and wine did bless. The lady asked, "Sir has it changed?" The preist answered "yes."
"It's changed from common bread and wine, to truly flesh and blood. Begorra lass, this power of mine,
has changed it into God!"
So having blessed the bread and wine, to eat they did prepare, the lady said unto the priest, "I warn you take care.
For half an ounce of arsenic, was mixed right in the batter, but since you have changed its nature ,it can't really matter.
The priest wa struck real dumb, he looked as pale as death, the bread and wine fell from his hands,
and he did grasp for breath..
"Bring me my horse!" the priest cried , "this is a cursed home." The lady replied , "begone; tis you who shares the curse of Rome!"
The husband, too he sat surprised, and not a word did say. At length he spoke, My dear said he, "The priest has run away."
To gulp such mummery and tripe, I'm not for sure quite able; I'll go with you and we'll renounce ,
"THIS ROMAN CATHOLIC FABLE".
AUTHOR UNKNOWN
"those who deny this gift are perishing in their disputes"
Saint Ignatius of Antioch.

LTM, we don't believe in the Holy Eucharist because we read about it. We believe it because we've partook in it and testify that Christ and the Apostle Paul were not lying; that John the Baptist was correct when he said "Behold the Lamb of God"
Lamb of God? That's correct. After the Jews would sacrifice the Lamb, they would eat the sacrificial meal. They didn't eat a symbol of the Lamb. They didn't eat chicken if Lamb wasn't their favorite food. They ate the Lamb.
"But how are you Catholics eating Jesus... You're eating a wafer?"
Jesus changed all that when He held up the bread and said THIS IS my body.
The Apostle Paul commanded for us to examine ourselves to not partake in this meal unworthily. Otherwise we will be guilty of profaning the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ.
LTM, how can we be guilty of profaning Jesus Christ if its just a symbol?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that I was leaving!! Besides, with you and your anti-catholic (exaggerated) "trash articles" and (over-blown) personal vindictive opinions" ---still being sprewed out,------ I would have "no reason" to leave this forum.....I certainly, wouldn't want to miss ANY of your "distorted, laughable and ridiculous "trashing the Catholic Church comments" as you continue to "make a fool of yourself" with your hostile vengeance toward Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His (biblically and historically proven) One True Catholic Church
As you keep tell us "something is either BUSTED or terribly wrong" and I have told you (many times) to "look in the mirror"-----THEN and only THEN you will (definitely) find what is wrong!!!
Such a loyal friend you are. Thanks for staying.

Its no fun on the catholic answers forum. Everyone agrees with everyone about everything...... BORING!

Father Rob said he was leaving but I guess he too had a change of heart knowing that its more fun to argue and offer his theories than agree with everyone on catholic answers.

I am sure ANTHONY and REGINA M. are lurking on here everyday. Give it time they too will be back. They miss the name calling and insults, and mud flinging.

Everyone has an opinion or theory. That is what makes this forum so popular.

Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse puckee:
Catholics consider their "traditions" "catechism" "magnastrium" above the Bible....proof....their teachings contradict the Bible..
I have had one staunch Catholic tell me that the Bible is only a reference book...authored by men...
Show me where the Catholic Church AND Catholics believe sacred tradition, catechism and Magistrium is "above the Bible?

Its Sunday Ox, I really don't think you should be bearing false witness today.(or any day for that matter)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Married in 8,121
More 11 hr True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 11 hr Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 12 hr ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••