Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595970 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#423110 Feb 16, 2013
your law is not my law..no
truth

Perth, Australia

#423111 Feb 16, 2013
trgovci i bankari=your law
no my law
i am not trgovac or bankers..nooooooooooooooo

did you sold your soul..how much 3x silver

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#423112 Feb 16, 2013
we are in zavit=prayers without shoes and socks..
when you stay before priest without shoes if he is real priest he will know meaning
zavite is convent
http://bible.cc/psalms/63-2.htm
psalm 63
Who seek my life must died?

it is written
no place
for Jesus Christ and his mother
they been rejected..
its lips
they not honor me
less love me
not at all
truth

Perth, Australia

#423113 Feb 16, 2013
satanic evil people liked posses what is belong to
righteousness..
satanic wicket corupt liars killers and so on

i say to you
your law is not my law
law for righteousness people not exist

its cross
cross tell you about killers
truth

Perth, Australia

#423114 Feb 16, 2013
remember
who can go into kingdom of god
as child
is your child 40
no
its can be 100 years old if you have pure soul as child

your Creator call you
childreen of God..
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423115 Feb 16, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Drivel.
The NT didn't provide any instructions on how Chrit's church was to be organized.
No Dan, it is not "drivel". The NT does in fact "provide instructions" on "how Christ's church was to be organized." Some just choose to ignore it and instead operate in the 'new and improved' way man feels is best.

Pay attention to the verses below. You will notice I have left out Pope's and Cardinals and whatever else you might be aware of in the Catholic church. Had those offices been mentioned in the Bible I would've included them as a part of the Biblical organization of the church.

1 Tim. 3:1-13
Titus 1:5-9
1 Pet. 5:1-5
Eph. 4:11-16
Heb. 13: 7, 17
Acts 14:23, 11:30, 15:2, 4, 6, 22-23, 16:4, 20:17, 21:18
James 5:14
1 Pet. 5:1, 5
1 Tim. 5:17, 19
John 10:1-19
Matt: 20:20-28
1 Thess. 5:12
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423116 Feb 16, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The importance is which Church was described in scripture. That WAS your question, recall?
The Catholic Church resembles the scriptural church and I gave a few examples why - beliefs and practice found in scripture. None of those beliefs are held by the Church of Christ.
Those were the beliefs I asked you to explain. You mentioned a few things but you never explained their importance.

You've spun me in so many posts now I can't remember what they were.

United States

#423117 Feb 16, 2013
Dan wrote:
The importance is which Church was described in scripture. That WAS your question, recall?
The Catholic Church resembles the scriptural church and I gave a few examples why - beliefs and practice found in scripture. None of those beliefs are held by the Church of Christ.
-
-
Saban fan wrote:
Those were the beliefs I asked you to explain. You mentioned a few things but you never explained their importance.
You've spun me in so many posts now I can't remember what they were.
-
He can't remember what they are, either. All Catholics remember is what the pope tells them to remember.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#423118 Feb 17, 2013
that aint right wrote:
Guest~
If I may, what you have just described is why there are protestants and catholics. When the Church split, these were the topics that were discussed.
A Catholic will stand with their denomination just as a Baptist will theirs.
that is the problem, we all should stand with God.
God alone is the start and finisher of our faith.
Denomination means absolutely nothing.
We are not to stand on our denomination, but on the Rock of our Salvation, Jesus Christ.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#423119 Feb 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>

xxx

Sorry Dan there is no way that the catholic church resembles the early church are you kidding, no Church does

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#423120 Feb 17, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
No Dan, it is not "drivel". The NT does in fact "provide instructions" on "how Christ's church was to be organized." Some just choose to ignore it and instead operate in the 'new and improved' way man feels is best.
Pay attention to the verses below. You will notice I have left out Pope's and Cardinals and whatever else you might be aware of in the Catholic church. Had those offices been mentioned in the Bible I would've included them as a part of the Biblical organization of the church.
1 Tim. 3:1-13
Titus 1:5-9
1 Pet. 5:1-5
Eph. 4:11-16
Heb. 13: 7, 17
Acts 14:23, 11:30, 15:2, 4, 6, 22-23, 16:4, 20:17, 21:18
James 5:14
1 Pet. 5:1, 5
1 Tim. 5:17, 19
John 10:1-19
Matt: 20:20-28
1 Thess. 5:12
Yep. Paul contradicted Jesus constantly.

Thanks for pointing that out.

"Wherever two or more are gathered in my name, there am I ."

Of course there isn't any money or power to be gained following Jesus. Good thing Paul showed everyone how to make a buck off Jesus' blood.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#423121 Feb 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
... there is no way that the catholic church resembles the early church are you kidding, no Church does
Exactly!
truth

Perth, Australia

#423122 Feb 17, 2013
no he not say like that

they will say in last they where is that god
who is better then us

they will tell you
here here here there there and there

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo
its within you

did you sold your soul to whom

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#423123 Feb 17, 2013
all of you serve devil

nothing to do with real creator
less with
real jesus or his mother

evil upon evil liars upon liars and so on

you not honor me
less love me
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423124 Feb 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there isn't any money or power to be gained following Jesus. Good thing Paul showed everyone how to make a buck off Jesus' blood.
So is there anything Paul said that I should believe? Did Jesus make a mistake converting Paul?
truth

Perth, Australia

#423125 Feb 17, 2013
devil is always devil
satanic wicket develish people calling themself holy

you used my name
name opf my family

now

i don't respect evil justice which others set up on evil develish corupt wayyyyyy

byyy

no you have my nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo
evillllllllllllllllllllll
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423127 Feb 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I can still worship God with one or two others just as you have pointed out but I still belong to the church.

When we are placed "in Christ", entering His Kingdom, the church, through our new birth, after our death to sin in the watery grave of baptism for the remission of sins, we are Christians. Our sins have been washed away. Christ paid the price for them, and we become members of His church or His body. He is the "head".

As you mentioned when two or more of us Christians gather together he is there with us.

When say 500 or more of us gather together for worship, and do mission work together and family events together and so on, there are responsibilities among that local flock of the church that have to be tended to. This is where the organization of Christ's church, the Bible way, begins to be of importance. This is when some specific duties need to be assigned and taken care of responsibly. This is where those verses I posted earlier to Dan, apply.

Paul never contradicted Jesus.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423128 Feb 17, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Were on here to get to the bottom of things.
I love my job!!
Yes, you should love your job. That's why God sent you here.

You post verifiable facts that turn their lies into mush.

Satan embraces their lies. Facts are the enemy of Satan. You are here to save them.

Good luck.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423129 Feb 17, 2013
Two questions for Catholics in bitter denial....

1... According to RCC teachings at the time of Thomas Jefferson's death, would Thomas Jefferson have had any hope of salvation?

Hint: Thomas Jefferson died years before Vatican 2.

2... How is it possible to make one's posts here disappear?

Hint: Though I may be awe-inspiring, I am not that powerful.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#423130 Feb 17, 2013
Punch Lines, Proof Texts, and Paul
by Dr. J. R. Dodson

“A text taken out of context is a pretext for a proof text; a text taken out of context is a pretext for a proof text; a text taken out of context...”[1] If you were to pop by one of my Exegesis classes, there’s a good chance you’d hear me leading students in that chant.

It’s often followed with “Context-Context-Context. Do not make a verse say something it was never meant to say.” One day, I called this hermeneutical foul on a student; “You cannot take that verse out of context.” To which she replied:“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” My stomach turned. My face distorted. I was about to rend my garments and scream “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani ?”(“My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?”). But then I saw it on her face: she had set me up. Her classmates laughed me out of it. And for once, I was glad to be the butt of the joke.

But the scholarly debate demonstrates that Paul’s proof text of Habakkuk 2.4 in Romans 1.17 is no laughing matter. Rather than tapping into the passage’s context that stresses a steadfast trust in God when all Sheol breaks loose, Paul’s citation uses Habakkuk to say something different than what the prophet originally meant. Even so, scholars still argue as to what it is exactly that Paul intends to say through Habakkuk. Does the apostle read a messianic promise into the words of the minor prophet?“Christ, the righteous one, will live on the basis of faith.”(Thus, the Messiah’s faithful life reveals the righteousness of God.)[2] Or, perhaps Paul refashions Habakkuk’s verse into a declaration about obtaining everlasting life.

If the citation is meant to be the latter, a proclamation about salvation, then another question arises. Does “by faith” modify the noun that precedes it in the Greek text or the verb that follows it?[3] That is to say,“by faith” may go with “the righteous”: the person made righteous by faith will live.[4] Contrariwise,“by faith” can modify “will live” so as to stress the means of eternal life: one will be granted everlasting life on the basis of faith. The VOICE translation of Romans 1.17 understands that these options are not mutually exclusive. Indeed, the righteous person has been made righteous by her faith in the faithful Messiah; she will, therefore, receive everlasting life by it.“By faith the just will obtain life (The Voice).”

Although Paul takes the verse out of context, he does not stray too far from its main idea.“The point in Habakkuk is that faith is the key to one’s relationship with God.”[5] However, whereas Habakkuk strained his eyes to see faith beyond the shadows of the impending exile, Paul sees more clearly—since on his way to Damascus he collided with the light of the truth of the gospel of faith.[6]

As for my students, then, unless—on the road to Dallas—Christ appears to them in their Priuses (or is it, Prii?), they should steer clear of taking verses out of context. There’s plenty of wisdom for faith and for life in the original meanings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 11 hr Mr Sir 9,528
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Tue 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web