Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,858
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

United States

#423056 Feb 16, 2013
guest wrote:
God CREATED the PHYSICAL UNIVERSE ... and the physics behind the PHYSICAL universe.
-
We now have ways to measure the physics.
-
"Granite cannot be heated to a molten state" ..
-
How did granite GET HERE if it was not first MOLTEN?
-
FYI: Granite SOLIDIFIED FROM A MOLTEN STATE!
-
Therefore: YOU fail miserably.
-
-
socci wrote:
No science.
How did the first tree get there, from a molten state? No, God created it.
Radio halos proves granite formed in less than 1 minute. God created it just 6000 years ago as the Bible says.
Bible right again!
-
-
Granite "formed" from plasma at which temperature did it 'become' granite?
-
Of course the Bible is correct. YOU are wrong.
-
Once again. TIME as we know it is FAR different than TIME as God knows it. The Law of Relativity accounts for the difference in how we relate to time and how God relates to time.
-
The inner core of the planet earth is plasma - melted rock ... which becomes GRANITE if cooled enough. I think that is all the "laboratory" proof that is needed. And guess what? God created it.
All of it. It was all first molten and then it solidified when it was cooled enough and then it formed planets and stars.

United States

#423057 Feb 16, 2013
guest wrote:
IF God WAS the *light*(of creation) why did He need to say "Let There Be Light" of creation?
-
Of course God is Light. He has always been light. But there has not always been *creation*- and that is where you fail.
-
-
socci wrote:
The question was, what was light for the first three days before the sun & stars was created. It was God's light that separated day/night. There was no other light.
-
If the 'question' was,*what was light for the first three days before the sun & stars was created.*
-
tell me ... what was "darkness"?
socci

Lawson, MO

#423058 Feb 16, 2013
guest wrote:
Granite "formed" from plasma at which temperature did it 'become' granite?
The inner core of the planet earth is plasma - melted rock ... which becomes GRANITE if cooled enough. I think that is all the "laboratory" proof that is needed. And guess what? God created it.
All of it. It was all first molten and then it solidified when it was cooled enough and then it formed planets and stars.

Nooo science. No such thing has ever been observed.

The science shows there are radio halos that form >1 min disproving the molten formation theory. Also that granite cannot be heated/recooled and remain granite disproves the igneous claims.
www.halos.com/reports/science-1974-perspectiv...
www.youtube.com/watch...

You cannot give an educated reply until you read that or watch the video.

Interesting labs can produce all sorts of mineral, even diamond, but cant produce baserock granites.
socci

Lawson, MO

#423059 Feb 16, 2013
guest wrote:
Until The Law of Relativity was proved ... it was called The Theory of Relativity.

You mean the Law of Gravity? We can observe gravity. There's no observing Einstein's theory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_relati...

Tesla correctly rejected the Theory of Relativity and big bangism.
socci

Lawson, MO

#423060 Feb 16, 2013
Tesla said:“...the relativity theory, by the way, is much older than its present proponents. It was advanced over 200 years ago by my illustrious countryman Ruder [Roger] Bošković, the great philosopher, who, not withstanding other and multifold obligations, wrote a thousand volumes of excellent literature on a vast variety of subjects. Bošković dealt with relativity, including the so-called time-space continuum...”(Nikola Tesla, 1936 interview)

“To say that in the presence of large bodies space becomes curved is equivalent to stating that something can act upon nothing. I, for one, refuse to subscribe to such a view.”(Nikola Tesla, New York Herald Tribune, 11 September 1932)

www.plasmacosmology.net/tesla.html

United States

#423061 Feb 16, 2013
guest wrote:
-
-
socci wrote:
They can claim it is igneous all they want, they need to PROVE it in a lab, because that is where science is proven, in a lab.
Just the opposite is found. When granite is heated and recooled it changes losing the inter-mix reclassified another mineral.
If they want to address the issue they will need to refute Dr Gentry in a published article since that is where his findings are, lab results & published science.
This will never happen however, since the evolutionary tards have no interest in the truth rather claim there is no god so stop using their work to try and support the Bible. Their theories have no proof.
-
Just who is this Dr, Gentry and where can one find his "published science"?
-
But, first tell me; did this Dr. Gentry recreate the conditions in the lab that are present in nature to form granite from plasma?
I highly doubt it - since there is no way he could - indeed he would have to be God himself and go about creating his own planet with the exact conditions of this one in order to conduct the experiment.
-
YOU fail.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423063 Feb 16, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pretty long post.
Why not simply respond "I was wrong and cannot locate their teachings that tell us who is in Hell".
Dan, you keep avoiding what I actually posted and re-posted.

I supposedly post things --- but when I ask you to show me the post, it somehow disappears. Join the club. It has been claimed by another here that I can have it removed by Topix. Maybe that's what happened.

I'll make it simple...

According to RCC teachings at the time of Thomas Jefferson's death, would Thomas Jefferson have had any hope of salvation?

Hint: Thomas Jefferson died years before Vatican 2.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423064 Feb 16, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Your whole life depends on the catechism? Can you make decisions yourself without going to the catholic playbook?
If you DAN can't trust your own church leaders to lead good moral lives, the catechism is just another book of rules and regulations that YOU MUST FOLLOW, but many church officials don't follow themselves.........BUSTED!
When authorities in your church, had stated that others were not worthy, do you Dan, say the church authorities are WRONG?......
You have yet to answer that........I wonder why!
Why do you FEAR to question your church leaders Dan? Popes who believed and informed others that non catholics were not worthy. Embroiled in scandal after scandal, as if the catechism never existed.
UNBELIEVABLE!
Something happens to their brains when they think their faith is reality.

De fide statements by three Pope and the Council of Trent suddenly were someho0w never relevant in RCC teaching.

The brain has exploded.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#423065 Feb 16, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
There was. The Catholic Church is the church Christ established.
We're good here.
----
Mah words:

Thanks for proving my words!!!! "But...Catholics deny the truth...that is their mainstay"...

History shows the Catholic Church did not come on the horizon until Emperor Constantine, in circa 312, from paganism, established it....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#423066 Feb 16, 2013
032 015

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
There was. The Catholic Church is the church Christ established.
We're good here.
----------
Mah words:

Plus....Christ not referring to the seven churches in Rev 2 as "Catholic" or "the church in Rome"..because they were not...

The following shows "Pope" made the scent some 300 years after Christ, supposedly, made Peter the first Pope!!!!!

The title "Pope" was from the early 3rd century a general term used to refer to all bishops. From the 6th century the title began to be used particularly of the Bishop of Rome, and in the late 11th century Pope Gregory VII issued a declaration that has been widely interpreted as stating this by then established Western convention. By the same 6th century this was also the normal practice of the imperial chancery of Constantinople.
Clay

United States

#423067 Feb 16, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>I do NOT consider Justin Martyr one of the apostles his opinion carries no weight on Gods inspired scripture.
Ok, then who's opinion does carry weight according to you?
(remember, I'm not an idiot. I can see the chaos of opinions on here.)

Are you just going with your opinion as authoritative?
Clay

United States

#423068 Feb 16, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
There was apostasy already at work at the time of Paul. Justine died in 165 AD. Yet the Nazarenes were keeping the true Sabbath.
So were the Jews. What's your point?
Clay

United States

#423069 Feb 16, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>I do NOT consider Justin Martyr one of the apostles his opinion carries no weight on Gods inspired scripture.
One more thing. Justin Martyr was only one person removed from Peter, Paul, John and the others.
Meaning, he learned Christianity from somebody who actually studied under the Apostles.
This lineage is so close, I'm baffled why you'd toss out what this man had to say about Christianity.

You claim he goes against Gods inspired word?
Well, that's just heartbreakingly stupid 7th.

In fact, you'd have no clue that it was 'Gods inspired scripture' if it wasn't for men like Justin Martyr.

The kinda ignorance it takes to be one of you guys baffles the mind...
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#423070 Feb 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
005 998 932
<quoted text>
The Bible also teaches: God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.
I know! Makes no common sense.

God, all knowing, all powerful, all loving..........but jealous??

Its obvious that your just hoping God is going to punish me. I just know it.(lol)

You need to lighten up a little. I am sure God has a sense of humour.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#423071 Feb 16, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
De fide statements by three Pope and the Council of Trent suddenly were someho0w never relevant in RCC teaching.
The brain has exploded.
That is why the church is in utter chaos.

Did you read about Reverend Merciel that was in charge of the Legion of Christ. For years he not only molested children and women, he fathered children, and suckered some poor catholic woman for $60 MILLION and bequeathed the money to the holy see to pay for vocations of the priesthood, and probably pocketed a few million for himself.

Who is in charge in the vatican??

.......catholics need to wake up and start putting blame where it belongs.

. The only problem is. Where do they start? Scandal, after scandal, and now the Pope claims he is too POOPED, to Pope anymore.

UNBELIEVABLE!

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#423072 Feb 16, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The brain has exploded.
Were on here to get to the bottom of things.

I love my job!!

United States

#423073 Feb 16, 2013
guest wrote:
God CREATED the PHYSICAL UNIVERSE ... and the physics behind the PHYSICAL universe.
-
We now have ways to measure the physics.
-
"Granite cannot be heated to a molten state" ..
-
How did granite GET HERE if it was not first MOLTEN?
-
FYI: Granite SOLIDIFIED FROM A MOLTEN STATE!
-
Therefore: YOU fail miserably.
-
-
socci wrote:
No science.
Radio halos proves granite formed in less than 1 minute. God created it just 6000 years ago as the Bible says.
Bible right again!
-
-
How did the first tree get there? God created it.
-
How did Adam get here? God created him ...
-
But in Adam's account God gives a little more *scientific* detail.
-
God said he formed Adam FROM THE DUST OF THE GROUND.
From DUST you came to DUST you shall return. Said God.
The Bible proves to be right -AND- this is another basic law of physics. CONSERVATION OF MATTER.
-
The Tree was formed from the dust of the ground, too ... God just didn't give us as much detail as he did when describing the *raw materials* from which he created Adam.
-
-
Here's God's recipe (sounds like Dust Of The Ground to me):

Oxygen (65%)
Carbon (18%)
Hydrogen (10%)
Nitrogen (3%)
Calcium (1.5%)
Phosphorus (1.0%)
Potassium (0.35%)
Sulfur (0.25%)
Sodium (0.15%)
Magnesium (0.05%)
Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%)
Lithium, Strontium, Aluminum, Silicon, Lead, Vanadium, Arsenic, Bromine (trace amounts)

Now, given this list of ingredients, could your Dr. Gentry 'create' a man in his lab?
I doubt it. He would need the same conditions as God had for creating Adam.
-
Just as he does not have the same conditions to create *granite* in the lab, he does not have the same conditions to create *man* in the lab.
-
But GOD could create man form this recipe.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#423074 Feb 16, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was, what was light for the first three days before the sun & stars was created. It was God's light that separated day/night. There was no other light.
socci.......says.... It was God's light that separated day/night.

Michael says,....and you know this because??

GE 1:12, Plants began to grow before there was sunlight??........only if they are mushrooms.

United States

#423075 Feb 16, 2013
socci wrote:
No science.
Bible right again!
-
-
guest wrote:
-
How did the first tree get there? God created it.
-
How did Adam get here? God created him ...
-
But in Adam's account God gives a little more *scientific* detail.
-
God said he formed Adam FROM THE DUST OF THE GROUND.
From DUST you came to DUST you shall return. Said God.
The Bible proves to be right -AND- this is another basic law of physics. CONSERVATION OF MATTER.
-
The Tree was formed from the dust of the ground, too ... God just didn't give us as much detail as he did when describing the *raw materials* from which he created Adam.
-
-
Here's God's recipe (sounds like Dust Of The Ground to me):
Oxygen (65%)
Carbon (18%)
Hydrogen (10%)
Nitrogen (3%)
Calcium (1.5%)
Phosphorus (1.0%)
Potassium (0.35%)
Sulfur (0.25%)
Sodium (0.15%)
Magnesium (0.05%)
Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%)
Lithium, Strontium, Aluminum, Silicon, Lead, Vanadium, Arsenic, Bromine (trace amounts)
Now, given this list of ingredients, could your Dr. Gentry 'create' a man in his lab?
I doubt it. He would need the same conditions as God had for creating Adam.
-
Just as he does not have the same conditions to create *granite* in the lab, he does not have the same conditions to create *man* in the lab.
-
But GOD could create man form this recipe.
-
So see, the science is correct.
-
EVERYTHING got here form the molten state!

First it was molten ... then it cooled off and solidified.
-
THEN the atoms were combined in different percentages to "create" different forms of Animal, Vegetable and Mineral.
... but not necessarily in that order.:)

United States

#423076 Feb 16, 2013
This is a common typo of mine. I apologize.

from & form
guest wrote:
But GOD could create man *form* this recipe.
..... it should read as *from*
guest wrote:
-
So see, the science is correct.
-
EVERYTHING got here form the molten state!
First it was molten ... then it cooled off and solidified.
-
THEN the atoms were combined in different percentages to "create" different forms of Animal, Vegetable and Mineral.
... but not necessarily in that order.:)
-
EVERYTHING got here *form* the molten state!
..... it should read as *from*

sr'y

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 56 min Le Duped 2
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 2 hr Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... 2 hr Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 13 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Crazy 8,687
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 16 hr Strel 83,885
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web