Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 541,882
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#423037 Feb 16, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Michael,
-
The most rudimentary Law of Physics is: For Every Action There Is An Equal And Opposite Reaction.
A more complicated Law of Physics is: E=MC^2 ... where "C" is the speed of light.
-
Now ... on Day One of Creation, when God said, "Let there be light." (Or, "Let there be a Big Bang.")... matter was moving MUCH FASTER than it is moving today - in fact, during the First Three Minutes of Creation - matter almost approached the speed of light. We don't know exactly how fast that was. We don't know how much time, from OUR perspective, it took for the initial expansion of the universe. We weren't there and we did not have the necessary tools to measure time. But there are theories.
-
-
E=MC^2 ... E equals M C squared - where E is Energy, M is Mass and C is the Speed of Light squared (or, multiplied by itself).
-
This we DO know, as per Einstein's Law of Relativity: TIME is relative to WHO you are and WHERE you are as it is occurring.
-
WE were not here during the first 5 *days* of creation. Therefore segments of THAT time are not relative to us. We cannot measure it - we cannot accurately conceive of it - we cannot call it anything else except what God chose to call it, and HE chose to call each segment a "Day".
-
From the Law of Relativity we NOW know that each of these segments were different lengths of time measuring into the Billions of Years ...
And from the Bible we know that a "day" to God, is different than a "day" is to us. Einsteins Law of Relativity describes this perfectly E=MC^2. It has even been proven in the *real world* when atomic clocks on satellites orbiting the EARTH must be recalibrated on a regular basis; since they are moving faster than the clocks on the ground they lose time. It is a fact that clocks on satellites mark time at a slower rate than clocks on the ground.
-
Einsteins *Law* as given by God to men who had no concept of physics and a Big Bang:
Psalm 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8 ... A THOUSAND YEARS ARE LIKE A DAY ...
-
Maybe Dr. Gerald Schroeder (World Renowned Nuclear Physicist and Jewish Theologian) can explain it to you better than I can (if you want to know why the *sun* does not appear until day four, view part three first):
part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gRxEeHFHc-YXX
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
guest says.......there are theories.

Michael says......thats all they are theories!

Sounds just like a 7 day cycle to me. The seventh day he rested.

......Day and night was seperated by light and darkness.
Sounds like a one rotation of the earth to me.

(lol) Why would God have to create day and night when they occur naturally with the earths rotation?

theories, theories and more theories......everyone has their theories. What we haven't got is the REAL TRUTH! and we never will.

United States

#423038 Feb 16, 2013
socci wrote:
>"A THOUSAND YEARS ARE LIKE A DAY ..."
-
...failing hard.
The earth has been allotted seven thousand years, the millennial week - a thousand years is but a day to God.
Creation was seven literal days with the 7th day Sabbath.
Science confirms as big bangism has been discredited. The entire universe is the biblical age.
When God created Adam and Eve, the animals, trees and the rest we are told they were fully grown and adult, not infants. The same is true of starlight, it was created visible. Still, we can date this event by empirical observation of supernova remnants. Total SNRs do not support bazzillions of years.
http://creation.com/exploding-stars-point-to-...
Also, here on earth big bangism has no foundation claiming earth was formed a molten mass. Baserock granites are said to be igneous from when the earth allegedly formed. Yet, granite cannot be heated to a molten state, recooled and remain granite having lost its crystalline inter-mix. Proving granite is not an igneous.
Granite also has radio halos with a less than one min/half life proving granite formed instantly, not over millions of years. This science was published.
www.halos.com/reports/science-1974-perspectiv...
www.youtube.com/watch...
-
God CREATED the PHYSICAL UNIVERSE ... and the physics behind the PHYSICAL universe.
-
We now have ways to measure the physics.
-
"Granite cannot be heated to a molten state" ..
-
How did granite GET HERE if it was not first MOLTEN?
-
FYI: Granite SOLIDIFIED FROM A MOLTEN STATE!
-
Therefore: YOU fail miserably.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423039 Feb 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Intercessions for all men??( 1Tim 2:1)
I thought you preach that there is only one mediator between God and man and Catholics are going to hell for asking Saints to pray for us.
How can we pray for anybody and not violate the 'one mediator teaching'
You might say "you can't converse with the dead"
Lol
They are not dead. They are more alive then any of us.
James 5:16
Proverbs 15:8, 29
The only prayers of those who are desceased that are going up before the Lord are those that were prayed before they passed on.
Currently we may go boldy ferfore the thorne of God through prayer. By prayers going up are by those still living. Only by and through Christ will those prayers be answered by God.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423040 Feb 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
MAN YOU ARE AS FLAKY AS A SNOW STORM
IF THEY ARE STILL A LIVE AS YOU SAY THEY ARE...
AND WE SHARE ALL OF OUR
SINS AND SORROWS PAIN AND DEATH WITH THEM
THEN THEIR HEAVEN IS FULL OF EARTHY CHAOS ..
THEY ARE EVIDENTLY IN HELL NOT HEAVEN.
WHERE THERE IS KNOWLEDGE OF
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
~~~~
READ WHAT THE BIBLES SAYS...ABOUT THOSE IN HEAVEN
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
----------
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
YOU NEED TO READ YOUR BIBLE
ALL OF IT...
Now was the following comment necessary ?

MAN YOU ARE AS FLAKY AS A SNOW STORM
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#423041 Feb 16, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Deacons don't perform baptism in my Diocese, nor do we immerse. Do they regularly in Tulsa (if that's actually where you're from)?
Deacons often do baptisms, or at least, we did back when I was a deacon.(I wasn't one for very long, though, and the guy who supervises the deacons is not letting them do very much, from what I hear.)

Immersion probably is not done very ofn here. More likely done by pouring, which is all I have ever done.

I just remember from seminary the prof talikng about the dying and rising of baptism, which is right there in the prayers of the ritual, goes much better with the practice of total immersion, which is an ersatz drowning.(This probably spoke much better to a desert people, who were rerely trained in swimming. It has been remarked that there is something funny going on with St. Peter jumping in the water. Did he know how to swim? It seems a bit odd ...)

Anyway ... only one parish that I know of (St. Bernard of Clairveaux, aka "Our Lady of Oral Roberts University" is set up for full immersion, and I don't know if they still do that.

Were I a pastor, that is what I would be doing with adults at the Easter Vigil, but that is not left up to me.(I travel for Hispanic ministry, and hit mostly the storefront places).

And yes, I am from the Diocese of Tulsa. You can find me on their website, and you should be able to figure out our website email convention if you give it a try. It is titleabbreviation.firstname.la stname@dioceseoftulsa.org.

That address forwards to the box I usually use.

If you have a doubt that I am who I say I am (I cannot really tell for sure if that is what you are saying or not), I encourage you to check it.

Rob

United States

#423042 Feb 16, 2013
socci wrote:
>"A THOUSAND YEARS ARE LIKE A DAY ..."
-
...failing hard.
The earth has been allotted seven thousand years, the millennial week - a thousand years is but a day to God.
Creation was seven literal days with the 7th day Sabbath.
Science confirms as big bangism has been discredited. The entire universe is the biblical age.
When God created Adam and Eve, the animals, trees and the rest we are told they were fully grown and adult, not infants. The same is true of starlight, it was created visible. Still, we can date this event by empirical observation of supernova remnants. Total SNRs do not support bazzillions of years.
http://creation.com/exploding-stars-point-to-...
Also, here on earth big bangism has no foundation claiming earth was formed a molten mass. Baserock granites are said to be igneous from when the earth allegedly formed. Yet, granite cannot be heated to a molten state, recooled and remain granite having lost its crystalline inter-mix. Proving granite is not an igneous.
Granite also has radio halos with a less than one min/half life proving granite formed instantly, not over millions of years. This science was published.
www.halos.com/reports/science-1974-perspectiv...
www.youtube.com/watch...
here ya go, socci:

http://www.mnh.si.edu/earth/text/3_1_2_1.html

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#423043 Feb 16, 2013
005 998 932
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
OXBOW says.
..but he that believeth not shall be damned.
----------
Michael says.......and I thought God was an all loving God.
Oh well!
The Bible also teaches: God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.
Clay

United States

#423044 Feb 16, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Amen !!! However the Catholic Church was the forerunner of the confusion and is a cult that moved away from the first century Church of what Chrsi, the apostles and prophets of Old taught.
Impossible, unless you call Christ a liar. I showed you how the CC teachings are the same since the first century.
I understand you need to ignore whole lot of stuff.

What do you think about Justin Martyr in the 1st century describing Sunday Mass as we have it today.
Look, just accept you been lied to by some Ideologue who fooled you into a conspiracy Christianity.
Clay

United States

#423046 Feb 16, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Amen !!! However the Catholic Church was the forerunner of the confusion and is a cult that moved away from the first century Church of what Chrsi, the apostles and prophets of Old taught.
I've listened to Jehovah's and SDA people say over and over."Constantine changed the Sabbath, Constantine Constantine Blah Blah Blah.

How do you explain first century Christian celebrating mass on Sunday. 300 yrs before Constantine?

You don't understand, that when you lie, it raises a huge red flag as to where you get your spiritual guidance from.
socci

Lawson, MO

#423047 Feb 16, 2013
guest wrote:

They can claim it is igneous all they want, they need to PROVE it in a lab, because that is where science is proven, in a lab.

Just the opposite is found. When granite is heated and recooled it changes losing the inter-mix reclassified another mineral.

If they want to address the issue they will need to refute Dr Gentry in a published article since that is where his findings are, lab results & published science.

This will never happen however, since the evolutionary tards have no interest in the truth rather claim there is no god so stop using their work to try and support the Bible. Their theories have no proof.
socci

Lawson, MO

#423048 Feb 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
Look, just accept you been lied to by some Ideologue who fooled you into a conspiracy Christianity.

There was apostasy already at work at the time of Paul. Justine died in 165 AD. Yet the Nazarenes were keeping the true Sabbath.
socci

Lawson, MO

#423049 Feb 16, 2013
guest wrote:
IF God WAS the *light*(of creation) why did He need to say "Let There Be Light" of creation?
-
Of course God is Light. He has always been light. But there has not always been *creation*- and that is where you fail.

The question was, what was light for the first three days before the sun & stars was created. It was God's light that separated day/night. There was no other light.
socci

Lawson, MO

#423050 Feb 16, 2013
guest wrote:
God CREATED the PHYSICAL UNIVERSE ... and the physics behind the PHYSICAL universe.
-
-
-
-
-

No science.

How did the first tree get there, from a molten state? No, God created it.

Radio halos proves granite formed in less than 1 minute. God created it just 6000 years ago as the Bible says.

Bible right again!
socci

Lawson, MO

#423051 Feb 16, 2013

Constantine issued edicts enforcing Sunday observance.

Starting as early as 321 AD anti Sabbath laws enforcing sun worship began. Before then Constantine had not accepted Christianity and so persecuted all of them.

"Christians shall not Judaize and be idle on Saturday, but shall work on that day; but the Lord's day they shall especially honour, and as being Christians, shall, if possible, do no work on that day. If, however, they are found Judaizing, they shall be shut out anathema from Christ." Council of Laodicea, c. A.D. 364

"The word Judaizing was used particularly after the 3rd century of the Christian Era, to describe Jewish Christian groups like the Ebionites and Nazarenes....The term was also used in Spain at the time of the Spanish Inquisition, when it was used to describe any practice which even felt Jewish, such as lighting of candles on festivals or observing the Saturday Sabbath."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaizers
www.sabbathtosundaychange.com

"Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin to death, or of obedience to righteousness?" (Romans 6:16)
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423052 Feb 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Impossible, unless you call Christ a liar. I showed you how the CC teachings are the same since the first century.
What do you think about Justin Martyr in the 1st century describing Sunday Mass as we have it today.
I do NOT consider Justin Martyr one of the apostles his opinion carries no weight on Gods inspired scripture.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423053 Feb 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I've listened to Jehovah's and SDA people say over and over."Constantine changed the Sabbath, Constantine Constantine Blah Blah Blah.
How do you explain first century Christian celebrating mass on Sunday. 300 yrs before Constantine?
You don't understand, that when you lie, it raises a huge red flag as to where you get your spiritual guidance from.
you can find the apostles and early church coming together and braking bread the Lords supper, daily or as oft as they choose not only on the first day o the week.

United States

#423054 Feb 16, 2013
guest wrote:
Michael,
-
The most rudimentary Law of Physics is: For Every Action There Is An Equal And Opposite Reaction.
A more complicated Law of Physics is: E=MC^2 ... where "C" is the speed of light.
-
Now ... on Day One of Creation, when God said, "Let there be light." (Or, "Let there be a Big Bang.")... matter was moving MUCH FASTER than it is moving today - in fact, during the First Three Minutes of Creation - matter almost approached the speed of light. We don't know exactly how fast that was. We don't know how much time, from OUR perspective, it took for the initial expansion of the universe. We weren't there and we did not have the necessary tools to measure time. But there are theories.
-
-
E=MC^2 ... E equals M C squared - where E is Energy, M is Mass and C is the Speed of Light squared (or, multiplied by itself).
-
This we DO know, as per Einstein's Law of Relativity: TIME is relative to WHO you are and WHERE you are as it is occurring.
-
WE were not here during the first 5 *days* of creation. Therefore segments of THAT time are not relative to us. We cannot measure it - we cannot accurately conceive of it - we cannot call it anything else except what God chose to call it, and HE chose to call each segment a "Day".
-
From the Law of Relativity we NOW know that each of these segments were different lengths of time measuring into the Billions of Years ...
And from the Bible we know that a "day" to God, is different than a "day" is to us. Einsteins Law of Relativity describes this perfectly E=MC^2. It has even been proven in the *real world* when atomic clocks on satellites orbiting the EARTH must be recalibrated on a regular basis; since they are moving faster than the clocks on the ground they lose time. It is a fact that clocks on satellites mark time at a slower rate than clocks on the ground.
-
Einsteins *Law* as given by God to men who had no concept of physics and a Big Bang:
Psalm 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8 ... A THOUSAND YEARS ARE LIKE A DAY ...
-
Maybe Dr. Gerald Schroeder (World Renowned Nuclear Physicist and Jewish Theologian) can explain it to you better than I can (if you want to know why the *sun* does not appear until day four, view part three first):
part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
-
-
MICHAEL wrote:
guest says....there are theories.
Michael says...thats all they are theories!
Sounds just like a 7 day cycle to me. The seventh day he rested.
...Day and night was seperated by light and darkness.
Sounds like a one rotation of the earth to me.
(lol) Why would God have to create day and night when they occur naturally with the earths rotation?
theories, theories and more theories...everyone has their theories. What we haven't got is the REAL TRUTH! and we never will.
-
Until The Law of Relativity was proved ... it was called The Theory of Relativity.
-
Whatever it *sounds* like to you, 7 day cycle, whatever... it doesn't matter. What matters is what it actually IS.
-
With "big huge explosions" comes "light" ..now as the universe (plasma) expanded it was a huge fireball (for lack of a better word) and hot plasma pushing outwards in every direction - expanding. The hydrogen and helium glomming together to form heavier atoms LONG before the first structures formed.
-
The first structures to form were quasars ... they are currently the most luminous objects in the universe and therefore emit *light* and with the presence of light comes a separation between darkness and light.
-
But the earth had not yet formed and neither had the sun so there could be no "planetary" rotation to mark the 24 hour days into "day" and "night". The universe needed to cool before it could form planets. Again, Hydrogen and Helium banged together for an unknown period of time until they glommed together to form the heavier elements.
-
God created the universe AND the physics along with it.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#423055 Feb 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 2:44 (NKJV) Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45 and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need. 46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, 47 praising Yahweh and having favor with all the people. And Yahweh added to the assembly daily those who were being saved.

According to this scripture, breaking bread was not an uncommon thing to do on a daily basis. It was one of the customs in those days to eat their 'daily bread'. Even in Yahushua's prayer He said "Give us this day our daily bread".

So we cannot confirm that this scripture in Acts 20 is a Sabbath day observance. In fact, nowhere does it say that the first day of the week is the Sabbath. But the 7th day of the week is always called "the Sabbath" in the 'new testament.' Unless you don't believe in the New Testament, you would have to conclude that this was not a Sabbath meeting. So what was it really? Many may not realize that in scripture, a new day begins at sundown. This would mean that at sundown on 'Saturday', the first day of the week begins. This was most probably an 'after Sabbath' fellowship meal where Paul continued to speak until midnight because he wanted to get as much teaching in as possible before he departed the next day.

http://www.eliyah.com/85times.html

United States

#423056 Feb 16, 2013
guest wrote:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
socci wrote:
No science.
How did the first tree get there, from a molten state? No, God created it.
Radio halos proves granite formed in less than 1 minute. God created it just 6000 years ago as the Bible says.
Bible right again!
-
-
Granite "formed" from plasma at which temperature did it 'become' granite?
-
Of course the Bible is correct. YOU are wrong.
-
Once again. TIME as we know it is FAR different than TIME as God knows it. The Law of Relativity accounts for the difference in how we relate to time and how God relates to time.
-
The inner core of the planet earth is plasma - melted rock ... which becomes GRANITE if cooled enough. I think that is all the "laboratory" proof that is needed. And guess what? God created it.
All of it. It was all first molten and then it solidified when it was cooled enough and then it formed planets and stars.

United States

#423057 Feb 16, 2013
guest wrote:
IF God WAS the *light*(of creation) why did He need to say "Let There Be Light" of creation?
-
Of course God is Light. He has always been light. But there has not always been *creation*- and that is where you fail.
-
-
socci wrote:
The question was, what was light for the first three days before the sun & stars was created. It was God's light that separated day/night. There was no other light.
-
If the 'question' was,*what was light for the first three days before the sun & stars was created.*
-
tell me ... what was "darkness"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Fri pazuzu 68
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 12 Married in 8,293
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••