Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
407,681 - 407,700 of 532,913 Comments Last updated 12 min ago
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Word for word today from our local newspaper.
......."Documents detailing the dubious fundraising pracitices of a disgraced Roman Catholic religious order called the Legion of Christ were released to the public Friday, showing how the organization took control of an elderly woman's finances and persudaed her to bequeath it $60 MILLION.
..Pope Benedicto XVI took over the legion in 2010 after a Vatican investigation determined that its founder the Rev Marcial maciel had lived a double life.
..The legion scandal is significant because it shows how the HOLY SEE wilfully ignored credible allegations of abuse against Maciel for decades, all while holding him up as a model for SAINTHOOD for the faithful because he brought in MONEY and vocations to the priesthood.
..The scandal which has tarnished the legacy of Pope John Paul II is the mose egregious example of those within the VATICAN ignorded decades of reports about sexually abusive priest because church leaders put the interests of the institution above thos of the victims.
Reverend Marciel abused children, and duped a lady out of $60 MILLION for catholic church programs.
The story is also posted today top right hand column on this forum under ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH NEWS......
Your OK with all this Dan?
UNBELIEVABLE!
Is this your way of telling me that you cannot locate anything in the Catechism to buttress your earlier claim?

Hissy fits typically let me know I won the point in question.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan is spinning so fast, he forgets to actually read my post.
Again.........
1... I DID write that the RCC teaches that specific persons are in Heaven. You call them saints.
2... I never wrote that the RCC teaches that a specific person is in Hell.
However, we can easily infer who they would be by RCC teachings on what was specifically required for salvation.
Did the RCC specifically teach that Thomas Jefferson was in Hell? Of course not. But according to RCC teachings at the time, Thomas Jefferson would surely be in Hell.
See Council of Trent on what was -- specifically required -- for salvation.
Dan is still playing word games.
That's a pretty long post.

Why not simply respond "I was wrong and cannot locate their teachings that tell us who is in Hell".
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Dan, if you actually read the post, you might make sense.
I asked -- "Is Martin Luther in Hell?
I then asked -- "Has the RCC changed its teachings on this situation in the past 500 years?"
Dan is left spinning because he knows the RCC has changed its most fundamental teaching (for the better IMHO) on who is eligible for salvation.
Again Dan, show us some integrity, or show me where I posted what you claim?
You asked me if the Church tells us that Martin Luther was in Hell.

They never taught that Martin Luther went to Hell.

Asked, answered. Seems sufficient on "integrity", yes?

Thanks.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Catholics take pride in their "2000 years of tradition" and "unchanging teachings."
Others like Dan think the RCC began in 1965 and never heard of the Council of Trent.
Dan, the Catechism today contains a few completely opposite teachings than did the Catechism of 120 years ago or of 500 years ago.
But if they are all "perfect" teachings, which one is correct? The liberalized version you see today, or the one that was in effect for 500 years prior?
Simply find the Catechism where they teach (or taught, ever) that person X will go to Hell.

That was your premise. Instead of getting pissed at me for asking you to support your claim, simply back it up.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>NO, I dont [remember] that those were only visions of mose and lige and anyone that has read it will not read it that way either. just a devil worshipper would say something like that.lol
In verse 30, Jesus is talking with Moses and Elijah who are described as “men”. It is not in any way described as a vision or apparition.
There were times in the Old Testament that the dead were brought to life and there were times that at Jesus command there were those who were brought to life. Consequently, we are shown that God will bring the dead to life, to physical life, at ANY time to fulfill a purpose.
more from this link which provides proof that God could easily have brought my grandfather back to life to fulfill His Purpose that someday, I would preach the gospel.
http://evidenceoftruth.org/moses_and_elijah_a...
Happy Sabbath !!!

Colossians 1:18

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,

Deuteronomy 30:12 It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, "Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?"
----------
Proverbs 30:4 Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Who has gathered up the wind in the hollow of his hands? Who has wrapped up the waters in his cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and the name of his son? Tell me if you know!

----------
John 3:31 "The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all.
----------
John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.
----------
John 6:42 They said, "Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say,'I came down from heaven'?"
----------
John 6:62 What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!
----------
Acts 2:34 For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said, "'The Lord said to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand
----------
Romans 10:6 But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart,'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down)
----------
Ephesians 4:9 (What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions?

John 3:13

9Nicodemus answered and said to him, How can these things be? 10Jesus answered and said to him, Are you a master of Israel, and know not these things? 11Truly, truly, I say to you, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and you receive not our witness. 12If I have told you earthly things, and you believe not, how shall you believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? 13And no man has ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15That whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
BECAUSE OF THE BLINDNESS OF THEIR HEARTS...THEY REJECT THE TRUTH...
AND HAVE TURNED TO FABLES AND CONJECTURE..
==>THE APOSTLE PAUL SAID THERE WOULD BE SUCH IN THE LAST DAYS<===
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 ===>For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. <===
(THEY ARE WALKING IN THE VANITY OF THEIR MINDS...)
Eph 4:17 ==> This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
Eph 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
Eph 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
(THEY ARE NOT BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT)
Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
THEY KNOW NOTHING OF/ABOUT...
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
THEY ARE NOT TRANSFORMED ..BUT...THEY ARE...CONFIRMED/CONFORMED TO THIS WORLD
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 ===>For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Yes and I have found that fits all denominations not jsut the ones you and cowboy deem so.

Remember I search scripture as to wether so called daoctine to be so.
That is why I can fault with all of them this is why it is referred to a Mystery Babylon.

Isn't reflections wonderful in this scenario.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

MICHAEL wrote:
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that the word Priest and the word priest, as used in the NT, have two, distinct, and different definitions.....right????
-
-
MICHAEL wrote:
Distinct definitions. Thats not good. Here are a few more inconsistencies.
GE 1:3-5 On the first day, God created light, then separated light and darkness.
GE 1:14-19 The sun (which separates night and day) wasn't created until the fourth day.
GE 1:11-12, 26-27 Trees were created before man was created.
GE 2:4-9 Man was created before trees were created.
GE 1:20-21, 26-27 Birds were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before birds were created.
GE 1:24-27 Animals were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before animals were created.
GE 1:26-27 Man and woman were created at the same time.
GE 2:7, 21-22 Man was created first, woman sometime later.
GE 1:31 God was pleased with his creation.
GE 6:5-6 God was not pleased with his creation.
(Note: That God should be displeased is inconsistent with the concept of omniscience.)
....Where does the FICTION stop and where does the real TRUTH begin? UNBELIEVABLE!
Want more? got more.....
So BUSTED!
-
-
Michael,
-
The most rudimentary Law of Physics is: For Every Action There Is An Equal And Opposite Reaction.
A more complicated Law of Physics is: E=MC^2 ... where "C" is the speed of light.
-
Now ... on Day One of Creation, when God said, "Let there be light." (Or, "Let there be a Big Bang.")... matter was moving MUCH FASTER than it is moving today - in fact, during the First Three Minutes of Creation - matter almost approached the speed of light. We don't know exactly how fast that was. We don't know how much time, from OUR perspective, it took for the initial expansion of the universe. We weren't there and we did not have the necessary tools to measure time. But there are theories.
-
-
E=MC^2 ... E equals M C squared - where E is Energy, M is Mass and C is the Speed of Light squared (or, multiplied by itself).
-
This we DO know, as per Einstein's Law of Relativity: TIME is relative to WHO you are and WHERE you are as it is occurring.
-
WE were not here during the first 5 *days* of creation. Therefore segments of THAT time are not relative to us. We cannot measure it - we cannot accurately conceive of it - we cannot call it anything else except what God chose to call it, and HE chose to call each segment a "Day".
-
From the Law of Relativity we NOW know that each of these segments were different lengths of time measuring into the Billions of Years ...
And from the Bible we know that a "day" to God, is different than a "day" is to us. Einsteins Law of Relativity describes this perfectly E=MC^2. It has even been proven in the *real world* when atomic clocks on satellites orbiting the EARTH must be recalibrated on a regular basis; since they are moving faster than the clocks on the ground they lose time. It is a fact that clocks on satellites mark time at a slower rate than clocks on the ground.
-
Einsteins *Law* as given by God to men who had no concept of physics and a Big Bang:
Psalm 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8 ... A THOUSAND YEARS ARE LIKE A DAY ...
-
Maybe Dr. Gerald Schroeder (World Renowned Nuclear Physicist and Jewish Theologian) can explain it to you better than I can (if you want to know why the *sun* does not appear until day four, view part three first):

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

The Scarlet Harlot

www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
OXBOW says.
..but he that believeth not shall be damned.
----------
Michael says.......and I thought God was an all loving God.
Oh well!
Not only is He loving...He also dispenses judgment...

And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

>"Now ... on Day One of Creation, when God said, "Let there be light." (Or, "Let there be a Big Bang.")... "

-

...and fail.

God was the light on day one until the sun was created on day four as He will be in the new earth.

Revelation 21:23 "And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a bit ironic that the Evangelical born again movement was once considered a small cult. And it is still looked at as a cult by many. They grew and grew over the last 200 yrs in America. You started out as a small sect of former Methodist and Lutherans in Europe. In this country during the "Great Awakening" is when you went from small cult to bigger. You guys decided to read the Bible like a normal book and came up with all sorts of new teachings on Christianity as a result.
But even those people in the 18th century do not resemble you guys today. "neo Evangelicals" spawned off of the original Evangelicals and really mixed things up a bit. You guys became increasingly anti Catholic. And believe it or not, the original Methodist, Lutherans and other Prots who became the evangelicals, were not that anti Catholic.
Wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelicalism
The real question is: What's next? What will your grandkids introduce?
My guess is, eventually, there will be a systematic persecution of the Catholic Church led by the Evangelicals. I base this on the growing hatred of the Church, Papacy, Mary and all things Catholic.
I see the lies and deceit from your side, so I'm well aware which spirit is guiding your team.
Cardinal Francis George of Chicago said this last year:
"I expect to die in my bed. My successor will die in prison and his successor shall die a Martyr in the public square"
Amen !!! However the Catholic Church was the forerunner of the confusion and is a cult that moved away from the first century Church of what Chrsi, the apostles and prophets of Old taught.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
There was. The Catholic Church is the church Christ established.
We're good here.
Thanks for proving my words!!!! "But...Catholics deny the truth...that is their mainstay"...

History shows the Catholic Church did not come on the horizon until Emperor Constantine, in circa 312, from paganism, established it....
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

>"A THOUSAND YEARS ARE LIKE A DAY ..."

-

...failing hard.

The earth has been allotted seven thousand years, the millennial week - a thousand years is but a day to God.

Creation was seven literal days with the 7th day Sabbath.

Science confirms as big bangism has been discredited. The entire universe is the biblical age.

When God created Adam and Eve, the animals, trees and the rest we are told they were fully grown and adult, not infants. The same is true of starlight, it was created visible. Still, we can date this event by empirical observation of supernova remnants. Total SNRs do not support bazzillions of years.

http://creation.com/exploding-stars-point-to-...

Also, here on earth big bangism has no foundation claiming earth was formed a molten mass. Baserock granites are said to be igneous from when the earth allegedly formed. Yet, granite cannot be heated to a molten state, recooled and remain granite having lost its crystalline inter-mix. Proving granite is not an igneous.

Granite also has radio halos with a less than one min/half life proving granite formed instantly, not over millions of years. This science was published.
www.halos.com/reports/science-1974-perspectiv...
www.youtube.com/watch...
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

>"Its a bit ironic that the Evangelical born again movement was once considered a small cult. And it is still looked at as a cult by many."

-

What the pope considers a cult is irrelevant. Only God's word can determine this, and the bible does not support the cult at Rome or the its Pope.

The Pope's Cult Awareness Network is used be the state to attack anyone in their sights, until they were exposed and earned a bad name and had to change their name. They were responsible for the incident at Waco! Meanwhile molester priests are allowed to continue and churches remain open.

Jesuits pay $166 million to Native Americans for abuse (including murder)
www.redicecreations.com/article.php...

7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that they know who's in Heaven and who's in Hell.
Who's in Hell, according to the RCC?
Third time asking.
Is Purgatoy a state of Hell. You know scipture refers to the grave as a state of hell.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
There was. The Catholic Church is the church Christ established.
We're good here.
Plus....Christ not referring to the seven churches in Rev 2 as "Catholic" or "the church in Rome"..because they were not...

The following shows "Pope" made the scent some 300 years after Christ, supposedly, made Peter the first Pope!!!!!

The title "Pope" was from the early 3rd century a general term used to refer to all bishops. From the 6th century the title began to be used particularly of the Bishop of Rome, and in the late 11th century Pope Gregory VII issued a declaration that has been widely interpreted as stating this by then established Western convention. By the same 6th century this was also the normal practice of the imperial chancery of Constantinople.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

correction!!!! scene.....
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this your way of telling me that you cannot locate anything in the Catechism to buttress your earlier claim?
Hissy fits typically let me know I won the point in question.
Your whole life depends on the catechism? Can you make decisions yourself without going to the catholic playbook?

If you DAN can't trust your own church leaders to lead good moral lives, the catechism is just another book of rules and regulations that YOU MUST FOLLOW, but many church officials don't follow themselves.........BUSTED!

When authorities in your church, had stated that others were not worthy, do you Dan, say the church authorities are WRONG?......

You have yet to answer that........I wonder why!

Why do you FEAR to question your church leaders Dan? Popes who believed and informed others that non catholics were not worthy. Embroiled in scandal after scandal, as if the catechism never existed.

UNBELIEVABLE!

7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW TO RECEIVE CHRIST AS ONE'S PERSONAL SAVIOR IS GIVEN (BY THE APOSTLE PAUL)
IN THE BOOK OF ROMANS...
IT READS..
Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven?(that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
Rom 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep?(that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
-->.NOTE<--
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
-->NATIONALITY OR EARTHLY CHURCH AFFILIATION MAKES NOT DIFFERENCE (ALL MUST COME THE SAME WAY ....NO ONE IS EXEMPT....NO ONE IS REFUSED)<--
Rom 10:12 --> For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 --> For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
The way IS SO EASY ...THE SUPER INTELLIGENT ....CAN'T COMPREHEND IT...
They attempt to figure it out...and since they cant ...they reject it
or try to earn it...
BUT A CHILD ..just accepts/receives it by faith ...
THEY CAN FIND IT EASILY..
~~~
JESUS SAID..
Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
Luk_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
Isa 35:8 And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness;
the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.
Isa 35:9 No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there:
Isa 35:10 And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
Act_16:31 And they said,
==>Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. <--
What you have psotet I agree with however that does not answer in his question in it's entireity now does it.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

socci wrote:
>"Now ... on Day One of Creation, when God said, "Let there be light." (Or, "Let there be a Big Bang.")... "
-
...and fail.
God was the light on day one until the sun was created on day four as He will be in the new earth.
Revelation 21:23 "And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."
-
Oh, Please.
-
IF God WAS the *light*(of creation) why did He need to say "Let There Be Light" of creation?
-
Of course God is Light. He has always been light. But there has not always been *creation*- and that is where you fail.
-
There was a time when the universe DID NOT exist and God made it exist... Hence: Let There BE light (let there be the existence of light apart from God)... Let there BE The "Big Bang" (let physics begin) whatever you want to call it - before He created it, IT wasn't there.
-
And if he wants to call it LIGHT he can call it LIGHT.
But notice:
He DIDN'T call *it* GOD.
-
He didn't call it God for a reason. It is his *creation* and that is why he called it *creation.*
-
Therefore: On the PURELY PHYSICAL REALM ... HE did INDEED *create* LIGHT. He himself said so.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 44 min Christ Is The Answer 8,179
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Sat Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••