Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,868
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422953 Feb 16, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan keeps spinning.
1... I never wrote that the RCC teaches that a specific person is in Hell. However, we can easily infer who they would be by RCC teachings on what was specifically required for salvation.
2... I DID write that the RCC teaches that specific persons are in Heaven.
Did the RCC specifically teach that Thomas Jefferson was in Hell? Of course not. But according to RCC teachings at the time, Thomas Jefferson would surely be in Hell.
Dan is left to playing word games.
You said that they know who's in Heaven and who's in Hell.

Who's in Hell, according to the RCC?

Third time asking.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422954 Feb 16, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
You avoided the specific example I gave...
I asked -- "Is Martin Luther in Hell? Has the RCC changed its teachings on this situation in the past 500 years?"
Dan is left spinning.
Please show me when they ever taught that Martin Luther was in Hell.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422955 Feb 16, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, a deacon is also an ordinary minister of baptism.
Anyone can baptize validly; they are not even required to be a Christian.
All that is required is water and a Trinitarian formula, and the desire to do what Christians do when Christians baptize.
The preferred method would be immersion, but pouring would be considered acceptable.
Sprinkling would generally be frowned upon, although I suppose aargument could be made for its validity at great need. It would be valid but illicit, I think. I will have to look it up.(In a situation where a priest would be resorting to this, there really would not be time for niceties.. The plane would be going down, I think.)
Water is to be used. All kinds of arguments have been made about saliva or other liquids.
Again, I think it would come down to valid but illicit, as one would only resort to these other things when no water was available.
Rob
Deacons don't perform baptism in my Diocese, nor do we immerse. Do they regularly in Tulsa (if that's actually where you're from)?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422956 Feb 16, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't have to say it in the catechism.
[Matt. 25:41], unless before the end of life the same have been added to the flock; and that the unity of the ecclesiastical body is so strong that only to those remaining in it are the sacraments of the Church of benefit for salvation, and do fastings, almsgiving, and other functions of piety and exercises of Christian service produce eternal reward, and that no one, whatever almsgiving he has practiced, even if he has shed blood for the name of Christ, can be saved, UNLESS HE HAS REMAIMED IN THE BOSOM AND UNITY OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH"
The highest church officials, at least 3 PREVIOUS POPES have said it at different councils of the church authority at 3 different times in history.
Are you saying DAN that these Popes were wrong in saying this? Are you saying the gospel writer Matthew is wrong 25:41?
Don't blame me for what the church leaders stated.
.......The fate of non-Catholics, as stated prior to Vatican II:
Before Vatican II, the Church consistently taught that only Roman Catholics had a chance to be saved and attain Heaven. Followers of other Christian denominations and of other religions would be automatically routed to Hell for all eternity:
....Pope Innocent III (circa 1160 - 1216 CE) is considered "one of the greatest popes of the Middle Ages..." 1 At the Fourth Lateran Council (a.k.a. the General Council of Lateran, and the Great Council) he wrote:
"There is but one universal Church of the faithful, outside of which no one at all can be saved."
....Pope Boniface VIII (1235-1303 CE) promulgated a Papal Bull in 1302 CE titled Unam Sanctam (One Holy). He wrote, in part:
"Urged by faith, we are obliged to believe and to maintain that the Church is one, holy, catholic, and also apostolic. We believe in her firmly and we confess with simplicity that outside of her there is neither salvation nor the remission of sins...In her then is one Lord, one faith, one baptism [Ephesians 4:5]. There had been at the time of the deluge only one ark of Noah, prefiguring the one Church, which ark, having been finished to a single cubit, had only one pilot and guide, i.e., Noah, and we read that, outside of this ark, all that subsisted on the earth was destroyed....Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that every human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff." 2
....Pope Eugene IV,(1388-1447 CE) wrote a Papal bull in 1441 CE titled Cantate Domino. One paragraph reads:
"It [the Church] firmly believes, professes, and proclaims that those not living within the Catholic Church, not only pagans, but also Jews and heretics and schismatics cannot become participants in eternal life, but will depart 'into everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels'[Matt. 25:41], unless before the end of life the same have been added to the flock; and that the unity of the ecclesiastical body is so strong that only to those remaining in it are the sacraments of the Church of benefit for salvation, and do fastings, almsgiving, and other functions of piety and exercises of Christian service produce eternal reward, and that no one, whatever almsgiving he has practiced, even if he has shed blood for the name of Christ, can be saved, unless he has remained in the bosom and unity of the Catholic Church." 4
Catholics on this forum consistantly say that the catholic church was better off pre-vatican II.
Yes, unfortunately for you, it DOES have to say it in the Catechism.
If it's not in the Catechism, it's not a teaching of the Church.

The early part of the 15th Century isn't what's termed commonly as "pre-Vatican II", as Vatican II was held 500+ years from that time.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422957 Feb 16, 2013
Guest55 wrote:
I wonder if this is the possible reason for the pope's resignation. http://itccs.org/2013/02/14/pope-benedict-to-...
Yeah.

Sure.

An "International Tribunal" apparently consisting of one Canadian makes allegations on a website and the Pope resigns.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#422958 Feb 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
KJV....
Well, as you can see then, that verse IS in it.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#422959 Feb 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a bit ironic that the Evangelical born again movement was once considered a small cult. And it is still looked at as a cult by many. They grew and grew over the last 200 yrs in America. You started out as a small sect of former Methodist and Lutherans in Europe. In this country during the "Great Awakening" is when you went from small cult to bigger. You guys decided to read the Bible like a normal book and came up with all sorts of new teachings on Christianity as a result.
But even those people in the 18th century do not resemble you guys today. "neo Evangelicals" spawned off of the original Evangelicals and really mixed things up a bit. You guys became increasingly anti Catholic. And believe it or not, the original Methodist, Lutherans and other Prots who became the evangelicals, were not that anti Catholic.
Wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelicalism
The real question is: What's next? What will your grandkids introduce?
My guess is, eventually, there will be a systematic persecution of the Catholic Church led by the Evangelicals. I base this on the growing hatred of the Church, Papacy, Mary and all things Catholic.
I see the lies and deceit from your side, so I'm well aware which spirit is guiding your team.
Cardinal Francis George of Chicago said this last year:
"I expect to die in my bed. My successor will die in prison and his successor shall die a Martyr in the public square"
Good observations Clay! You have "definitely have "got it (absolutely) right" with these (contradicting) "bible only {Protestants"! They "all" live in a world of hostility, vengeance, condemnation and judgmental (hate) of Catholics, in denial of the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH history and Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church. All "anyone" has to do on this forum, is read the "conflicting arguments" that (continually exist) between the "inconsistent interpretations" of the bible that each of these (so-called) "bible only"popes!!!. They ALL (lay claim) claim to have the truth--except we as Catholics know that there is "only one TRUTH" (NOT 42,000 nodge-podge of personal opinions) and that TRUTH (has, is and will always be) in "Our Lords" One True Catholic Church,(the Bride of Christ).
PoPz

Rio Rancho, NM

#422960 Feb 16, 2013
Remember me? So the Beast continues to turn against the Harlot. It is as plain as day. Prophecy continues to be fullfiled. Catholics must really like Bill Maher
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422961 Feb 16, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Qualities of the original Church written of in scripture-and who ash it -the Catholic Church or the Church of Christ. That was your post I was responding to.
That ash doesn't explain those differences you mentioned. I asked whether you could explain the differences and the importance of those differences you highlighted.
PoPz

Rio Rancho, NM

#422962 Feb 16, 2013
There is hope. My son's friend Mac was saved from the lies of the "Mother of all Apostasies" Yes my Son played a role in Saving Mac from catholicism. catholicism is more and more irrelevant as it should be.
PoPz

Rio Rancho, NM

#422963 Feb 16, 2013
People believe in all kinds of crap. islam, rat worship, mormonism, hinduism, and ....catholicism. Man incredible what crap people are duped by!
PoPz

Rio Rancho, NM

#422964 Feb 16, 2013
It is sad. I know of idot mormons and catholics that still voted for that POS obama!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422965 Feb 16, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The organization of the Church wasn't prohibited in scripture.
No, we were told how Christ's church was to be organized. Remover the example of Noah and the Gopher wood? Noah was given a plan that had many exclusions in it without specifically mentioning each exclusion. The same is true for the organization of the church. We are told in the NT exactly how Christ's church is to be organized. In Biblical reasoning, that excludes man's way of organizing Christ's church.

The Catholic Church has not been given the authority to organize itself the way it has.
PoPz

Rio Rancho, NM

#422966 Feb 16, 2013
It is sad. I know some mormons and catholics that still voted for that POS self proclaimed muslim obama! I hate that shhiit religion islam the most!Religion of peace my assss.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#422967 Feb 16, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is:
How are you "born again" and placed "in Christ"?
Everyone should be able to give several conversion examples in the Bible for their answer to that last question.
HOW TO RECEIVE CHRIST AS ONE'S PERSONAL SAVIOR IS GIVEN (BY THE APOSTLE PAUL)

IN THE BOOK OF ROMANS...

IT READS..

Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven?(that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

Rom 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep?(that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

-->.NOTE<--
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

-->NATIONALITY OR EARTHLY CHURCH AFFILIATION MAKES NOT DIFFERENCE (ALL MUST COME THE SAME WAY ....NO ONE IS EXEMPT....NO ONE IS REFUSED)<--

Rom 10:12 --> For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 --> For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

The way IS SO EASY ...THE SUPER INTELLIGENT ....CAN'T COMPREHEND IT...

They attempt to figure it out...and since they cant ...they reject it

or try to earn it...

BUT A CHILD ..just accepts/receives it by faith ...

THEY CAN FIND IT EASILY..

~~~

JESUS SAID..

Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Luk_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

Isa 35:8 And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness;

the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.

Isa 35:9 No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there:

Isa 35:10 And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

Act_16:31 And they said,

==>Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. <--
PoPz

Rio Rancho, NM

#422968 Feb 16, 2013
Sorry for cussing. I just hate obama, and for good reason.
PoPz

Rio Rancho, NM

#422969 Feb 16, 2013
There is BUT ONE MEDIATOR! CHRIST! But I always here fools mentionary first. To many ignorant catholics Christ is a distant second to Mary. Lol! Funny that catholics think they can pray to Mary and bow down to statues of so called saints and pray to them! Lol! Sorry it is just so ludicrous. I keep hearing catholics state that the Bible is just a book! That book, the Bible is what judges catholicism, homosexuality..... all sin. Really Catholics do not refute their critics. They deny the Bible as do mormons
PoPz

Rio Rancho, NM

#422970 Feb 16, 2013
There must be a virus or something on this forum. Very hard to post, and misspellings are not by choice
PoPz

Rio Rancho, NM

#422971 Feb 16, 2013
I do not go to church. I still sin unfortunately. Haven't found a worthy church yet. But a catholic church I would not even consider. 100's of denominations. Only ONE FATHER! AND ONLY ONE SON! My Lord and Savior who died for us. I do not preach. Not worthy. But still I have stated fact. Any teachings such as catholicism that are is direct contradiction of Scripture are false. Any Church based on Sun God worship, ie catholicism is false! That is not preaching. Just stating fact. Here is another fact. Obama is a lying muslim!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#422972 Feb 16, 2013
PoPz wrote:
Sorry for cussing. I just hate obama, and for good reason.
The Bible says pray for Obama...

While I know it is hard to pray for some one

that we don't necessarily like..

But the Bible says...

1Ti 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

1Ti 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

(--> NOTE...YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS...( that claim a monopoly and franchise upon the gates of heaven) NEED TO READ..THE VERSE BELOW.)

1Ti 2:6 WHO GAVE HIMSELF A RANSOM FOR ALL, to be testified in due time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Scales Off 8,630
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... 9 hr pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) 10 hr God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Mon Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1
Bagnasco 'agrees with pope' Nov 23 RevKen 2
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Nov 21 KidlatNgayon 65

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE