Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599982 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#422926 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Suggested reading:
If you're Baptist
http://www.apologeticspress.org/pdfs/e-books_...
If you're Lutheran
http://www.apologeticspress.org/pdfs/e-books_...
~~~

Suggested reading...IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN..

THE HOLY BIBLE...

One does not need a Bible laced with denominational applications...

PERSONAL CONVICTIONS opinions conclusions of men.

I use a 26 Translation Bible and some translations change scriptures to where the meat..(the real spiritual food has be left out by carnal minded individuals)...

example.... the VULGATE.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#422927 Feb 15, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>By reading your many post at some point in time God according to YOU gas told you everyone on this thread is unsaved but you.
Yes that about somes it up.
Sad Very Sad little man.
lol. if a person belongs to a cult, they are not Saved.period.

ellen white is one of those people that I have in mind, the devil was her buddy. and campbell is another person who didnt beleive in a"know so" Savation, so if you dont know or think that God saved you, then he didnt.

Location hidden

#422928 Feb 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Suggested reading...IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN..
THE HOLY BIBLE...
One does not need a Bible laced with denominational applications...
PERSONAL CONVICTIONS opinions conclusions of men.
I use a 26 Translation Bible and some translations change scriptures to where the meat..(the real spiritual food has be left out by carnal minded individuals)...
example.... the VULGATE.
why is it that cults wish for us to accept the opinions of another man when the Bible is clear as to how we are to lead our lives?

Location hidden

#422929 Feb 15, 2013
919 834
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 1:6
and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.
Rev 1:6 does not say: And hath made us kings and Priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

#422930 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We know the Church has authority. See Christ's commission to the apostles.
I'm sure you know the chapter/verse.
The "main problem", if there is one, is that you continue to proclaim against evidence provided that the Catholic church does indeed have scriptural basis for its beliefs.
A straw man argument.
~~~

THE STRAW MAN IS... THE SCARE CROW OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...

He is a man outstanding in his field...with no brains, no guts and is

bound to a stake and he cannot go any where...AND IS BLOWN TO AND FRO

BY THE WINDS AND DOCTRINE OF PAGANISM.

His favorite song is ..

I AINT GOT NO BODY!

__

THE TRUE BELIEVER..(THOSE THAT BE-ALIVE IN CHRIST...

ARE BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT..

THEY HAVE MATURED TO BECOME SONS OF GOD,...NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS...

HAVE BEEN CIRCUMCISED IN THEIR HEARTS,

AND ARE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS

THEY ARE..-->

Eph 4:11 And he gave some,

--> apostles; and some,

prophets; and some,

evangelists; and some,

pastors and

teachers;

Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Guest55

Sikeston, MO

#422931 Feb 15, 2013
I wonder if this is the possible reason for the pope's resignation. http://itccs.org/2013/02/14/pope-benedict-to-...

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#422932 Feb 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
919 834
<quoted text>
Rev 1:6 does not say: And hath made us kings and Priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Huh???
Mine says:
Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
What version are you using?

Location hidden

#422933 Feb 15, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>by Faith only did God count it for rightousness looking forward to the cross and shedding of his blood same for today and looking back and by faith that through God's grace is man saved. Faith entails doing our first works over and keeping the commnadments and ordinaces that Christ gave us that produce the fruits of the spirit and those works do follow us unto the ressurrection when we are made incorruptable.
Remember those were VISIONS of Moses and Elijah and parables Christ taught.
NO, I dont [remember] that those were only visions of mose and lige and anyone that has read it will not read it that way either. just a devil worshipper would say something like that.lol

In verse 30, Jesus is talking with Moses and Elijah who are described as “men”. It is not in any way described as a vision or apparition.

There were times in the Old Testament that the dead were brought to life and there were times that at Jesus command there were those who were brought to life. Consequently, we are shown that God will bring the dead to life, to physical life, at ANY time to fulfill a purpose.

more from this link which provides proof that God could easily have brought my grandfather back to life to fulfill His Purpose that someday, I would preach the gospel.

http://evidenceoftruth.org/moses_and_elijah_a...

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#422934 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Under normal circumstances only a priest baptizes.
Huh?
Then how come our Pastor BAPTIZES in our Baptist Church? He needs call no romanist priest, being QUITE authorized to baptize by himself.
What a ridiculous statement you just made!

Location hidden

#422935 Feb 15, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
Then how come our Pastor BAPTIZES in our Baptist Church? He needs call no romanist priest, being QUITE authorized to baptize by himself.
What a ridiculous statement you just made!
in our denomination, after a revival, an evangelist may help ,replacing an elder, if not then, one of the elders will assist. or the Pastor may ask another of the younger ministers to assist him

#422936 Feb 15, 2013

-->ARE BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT..

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,--> Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,--> Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 --> Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

THEY HAVE MATURED TO BECOME SONS OF GOD,...

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS...

2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Rom_2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom_2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

-->AND ARE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS..

2Co_5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; -->that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

WE ARE FELLOW CITIZENS WITH THE SAINTS..
A PART OF THE HOUSEHOLD OF GOD

Eph_2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

THEY ARE..-->

--> apostles; and some,

prophets; and some,

evangelists; and some,

pastors and

teachers;

Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

#422937 Feb 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why is it that cults wish for us to accept the opinions of another man when the Bible is clear as to how we are to lead our lives?
~~~

BECAUSE OF THE BLINDNESS OF THEIR HEARTS...THEY REJECT THE TRUTH...
AND HAVE TURNED TO FABLES AND CONJECTURE..

==>THE APOSTLE PAUL SAID THERE WOULD BE SUCH IN THE LAST DAYS<===

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 ===>For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. <===

(THEY ARE WALKING IN THE VANITY OF THEIR MINDS...)

Eph 4:17 ==> This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

Eph 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

Eph 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

(THEY ARE NOT BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT)

Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

THEY KNOW NOTHING OF/ABOUT...

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

THEY ARE NOT TRANSFORMED ..BUT...THEY ARE...CONFIRMED/CONFORMED TO THIS WORLD

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Location hidden

#422938 Feb 15, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh???
Mine says:
Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
KJV....
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#422939 Feb 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think about the Papal prophecies? sounds like we've got one more to go before God ends the Church on Earth. Normally I wouldn't think too much of this stuff, but the last two Pope predictions seemed quite accurate..
Wow.

I hope this is someone faking being Clay.

The Malachy stuff is pur drivel.

It's a bit like that fraud John Edwards, with his parlour tricks for communicating with the dead.

The way you do it (horoscopes too) is to be vague, so that the interp is all in the mind of the interpreter.

If I'm john Edwards, I get up and say, "I'm getting a very strong sense ... of a deceased male presence ... something involving money ... or a will .. perhaps ... there was a question ... involving ....
"

All the while, he is watching the faces and body language of his audience, and he's good at it. He phrases what he says so that it is GUARANTEED that in any large gathering, there will be several people who could apply it to themselves, and think that he is "communicating" with the spirit of their loved one.

The Malachy predictions ... "Ship and Sea" is supposed to have "predictted the election of JPII. But those three words are so vague you could apply them to ANYONE.

Suppose I had been elected Pope, instead of JPII, back in 1978.

Okay. I was born in Hoiston, which is a seaport, and I "shipped" myself back to Oklahoma from HS in the northeast US. So "ship and sea" could be made to apply to me.

Or to anyone.

Such "prophecy" is drivel, and unimportant to Catholics.

Will Christ return today, and commence the Final Judgement? Maybe. Maybe not.

Maybe next week.

Maybe next year, or in ten years, or in the thousand years.

I don't care when it happens.

If I am living my faith, placing my trust in the Teaching of Jesus Christ, and living what He commanded (let's not forget that part, though many of our Prot brothers and sisters call that "Salvation by works," and thereby set aside what He commanded), it does not matter when He comes. I'll be ready.

That is the Catholic Faith.

We don't waste time trying to decode the book of "Revelations" to "predict the future," because that is NOT what Sacred Scripture is for.

Don't waste your time on Malachy, either.

It's drivel. Pure and simple.

Rob

United States

#422940 Feb 15, 2013
Guest55 wrote:
I wonder if this is the possible reason for the pope's resignation. http://itccs.org/2013/02/14/pope-benedict-to-...
-
-
It probably is.
-
It's so sad when the secular authorities have to step in and force the church to "Do The Right Thing" ... the thing they should have been doing all along. PROTECTING CHILDREN. Protecting the children is the CHRISTIAN thing to do.
-
But - the Catholic clergy and its followers have been so indoctrinated into "Papal Infallibility" and ignoring what the Bible CLEARLY SAYS on a number of issues that they can't see the truth when it smacks them upside the face. I'm sure they will find a way to blame Protestants for this, too.
-
Sola Scriptura? it's a darn sight better than Sola Pope!
-

Location hidden

#422941 Feb 15, 2013
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh???
Mine says:
You do know that the word Priest and the word priest, as used in the NT, have two, distinct, and different definitions.....right????
truth

Perth, Australia

#422942 Feb 15, 2013
you are against real Creator..you are against me and my family..you are all sinners..did i know you..
did i need say to you
be bless

i say to you
you judging me
accuse me abuse me assault me judge me and so on

did i need bless you

i say to you
you are against heaven and earth and everything what is been as well come..

by
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422943 Feb 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol. if a person belongs to a cult, they are not Saved.period.
ellen white is one of those people that I have in mind, the devil was her buddy. and campbell is another person who didnt beleive in a"know so" Savation, so if you dont know or think that God saved you, then he didnt.
Matt. 7:21
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422944 Feb 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why is it that cults wish for us to accept the opinions of another man when the Bible is clear as to how we are to lead our lives?
What is the Biblical definition of cult?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422945 Feb 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
-->ARE BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT..
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,--> Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,--> Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 --> Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
THEY HAVE MATURED TO BECOME SONS OF GOD,...
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS...
2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Rom_2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom_2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
-->AND ARE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS..
2Co_5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; -->that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
WE ARE FELLOW CITIZENS WITH THE SAINTS..
A PART OF THE HOUSEHOLD OF GOD
Eph_2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
THEY ARE..-->
--> apostles; and some,
prophets; and some,
evangelists; and some,
pastors and
teachers;
The question is:
How are you "born again" and placed "in Christ"?
Everyone should be able to give several conversion examples in the Bible for their answer to that last question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 12 min Zog Has-fallen 285
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr Catholic24 84,332
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web