Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690307 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Morley, Australia

#423156 Feb 17, 2013
Which one..holy or what?
MICHAEL

Canada

#423157 Feb 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
070 005 998 932
<quoted text>
Seeing as to how much you know about Him, I am not putting much stock into what you think He has!!!!!
God works in mysterious ways........thats what everyone says.

..... Maybe God uses reverse physcology and he likes me more than you.



MICHAEL

Canada

#423158 Feb 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The BEEF, has,(for over 2000 years) is now (and has "never changed" and will "continue" to be, in the FULLNESS of the Faith and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH manifested in Jesus Christ HIMSELF, in His One (and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church
Jesus Christ intitiated and established HIS ONE UNIVERSAL CHURCH. and OVER 2000 years of "proven, authenticated and verifable TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY confirms it over and over and over again. Your "made-up", distorted and imaginative (myths) does not now, nor will (ever) change the TRUTH of TRUE Church History by Apologist Historian authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant)
!!! Luther and the Protestant Reformation established denominations. There were no denominations before Luther came along. Now there are over 42,000+ denominations and the Catholic Church never was, never is, nor ever will be one of these contradicting, inconsistent, and conflicting denominations, that will ever agree on ANYTHING accept attacking and condemning the Historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His (One and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church--(the bride of Christ).. You can "spin your wheels, spin the TRUTH, spin "church history-around in circles, like the "tea cups" at Disneyland which is designed to go "nowhere" just like your "personal opinionated" (BIBLE ONLY) distortion of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church------- also is "going nowhere"!!! God is not the author of your bible only 42,000 contradicting denominations of "confusion and chaos!!!!!
Two weeks ago Father Rob said he was done with this forum and was moving over to catholic answers forum. He is still here!

...... Anthony and Regina said they were going too. What happened to you and Clay, did you miss the bus, or you just can't leave behind the great friendships you have developed here with the rest of us?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423159 Feb 17, 2013
10,000% Certainty....

It is 10,000% certain that no Highest Power in the Universe put the power of "perfect teachings on morals" into the hands of the same earthly institution that gave humanity...

... THE LARGEST CHILD SEX-ABUSE COVER-UP IN WORLD HISTORY.

Furthermore....

It is 10,000% certain that no Highest Power in the Universe would guide its earthly vicar to use the power of diplomatic immunity -- to avoid justice for orphans and deaf children.

How could the Highest Power in the Universe be such a clown?

GOD BLESS REFORMATION AMERICA
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423160 Feb 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You think I'm supposed to believe all you need is a Bible to set up Christ's Church?
Lol. Well, my next obvious question is: which one of you 40,000 set it up the right way?
Yes I do. What else is there to need?

The one that is correct is the one we read about from the first century in scripture, before man perverted it.
truth

Morley, Australia

#423161 Feb 17, 2013
i am not that person what others make program
i reject that in my life

i am not care at all what other evil people prepeare for good people..

i am not worried about any mouse..because program which satanic people put as influence is not my program nooooooooooooo..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyy

i allready told you

what develish satanic evill prepeare toward righteousness people.

its not me..no

you have my noooooooooooooooooooooooo
in all aspect..
Humanoid

Kansas City, MO

#423162 Feb 17, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
1600 years of "perfect teachings" and "unique guidance" from Jesus...
And?
5% of humanity (maybe) saved "Jesus' truest" way and 90% of this tiny fraction are saved because they happen to be born into the right family and had it drilled into them by their parents.
Yep, Jesus limited his supreme sacrifice to 5% and the RCC has done a worthy job for 2000 years.
Why do Catholics insist on mocking Jesus like this?
2000 years of brainwashing gullible human animals.......simple logic!
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#423163 Feb 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The BEEF, has,(for over 2000 years) is now (and has "never changed" and will "continue" to be, in the FULLNESS of the Faith and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH manifested in Jesus Christ HIMSELF, in His One (and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church
Jesus Christ intitiated and established HIS ONE UNIVERSAL CHURCH. and OVER 2000 years of "proven, authenticated and verifable TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY confirms it over and over and over again. Your "made-up", distorted and imaginative (myths) does not now, nor will (ever) change the TRUTH of TRUE Church History by Apologist Historian authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant)
!!! Luther and the Protestant Reformation established denominations. There were no denominations before Luther came along. Now there are over 42,000+ denominations and the Catholic Church never was, never is, nor ever will be one of these contradicting, inconsistent, and conflicting denominations, that will ever agree on ANYTHING accept attacking and condemning the Historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His (One and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church--(the bride of Christ).. You can "spin your wheels, spin the TRUTH, spin "church history-around in circles, like the "tea cups" at Disneyland which is designed to go "nowhere" just like your "personal opinionated" (BIBLE ONLY) distortion of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church------- also is "going nowhere"!!! God is not the author of your bible only 42,000 contradicting denominations of "confusion and chaos!!!!!
That's not beef, that's hot air.

If most churches in Reformation America are not "true," then why not move to a Catholic society where most churches are "true" and your "perfect morals" are acknowledged by the majority?

Hojo's words are hot air.

Hojo's beliefs are not "one-true" enough for Hojo to walk the talk.

There are many Catholics in Latin America who would love to trade places with Hojo, who sits comfortably in Reformation America, trashing her founding ideals day after day.

Shame on Hojo.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#423164 Feb 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is, you don't just need a Bible to be a protestant (I know you don't think you're a protestant. You think you are a member of the original Church and the CC splintered off from you. Although that is historically ridiculous, its still cute Saban)
Anyway, you don't just need a Bible. You need a pre conceived ideology. Then, you form the Bible around your ideology.
Your right that I don't call myself a Protestant.'Christian' will do just fine.

It's hard to believe any so called believer would admit God's Word won't do. That ranks right up there with my being told 'it is unscriptural to be scriptural'.

If you were not indoctrinated by Catholicism perhaps you could see that it would make perfect sense in God's plan to leave a manual with us that we could use to go to Heaven whether we had anything else to teach and guide us or not.

Is the Bible just useless unless we have the mighty Catholic Church to tell us what to think? Should we just rid ourselves of this *useless*'treasure' and give up all to the King (Catholic Church)?

My King is Christ. To have a King their must be a Kingdom. The Bible *ALONE* can instruct you how to be in that Kingdom, the New Jerusalem/Spiritual Israel.
truth

Morley, Australia

#423166 Feb 17, 2013
bos cos dos
dosie

dnk
https://www.google.com.au/search...

i am not care what others try set up
i know how much they try hurt others..no
they are not better

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#423167 Feb 17, 2013
157 070 005 998 932
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
God works in mysterious ways........thats what everyone says.
..... Maybe God uses reverse physcology and he likes me more than you.
Uh-huh....especially since your biggest goal is to poke fun at His Word...and try in vain to prove His Word is fallible..
truth

Morley, Australia

#423168 Feb 17, 2013
no evil devilish program is some game..evil is always evil..i am not that person which others try describe on corupt evil way..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#423169 Feb 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes. Whatever it takes to shape you ideology...
Everybody lied. There was a great conspiracy! The anti Christ and the Beast were gearing up by infiltration of the church. It was all predicted by Nastrodamas lol!
I can't grasp what you're trying to convey? Are you sayin Ignatius WASN'T a student of the Apostles? That he just wrote things without proper understanding?
Eusebius, the 4th century historian who wen to the churches and recorded their successors says that the Apostles Peter and Paul, who planted the faith in Antioch, left directions that Ignatius should succeed Evodius as bishop of that city; he states further that Ignatius retained the office for forty years, proving himself in every way an exemplary pastor.

On the child who was held by Jesus this is stated as legend by the Enclopedia. So the Adventist with reading comprehension issues posts a lol on what the Enclopedia states as legend. Legend meaning may have never happened. The History recorded by Eusebius though is not. The actual birth date of Ignatious is not known.

Conspiracy Christianity as you have coined is a very good. Lets not forget the Jews say Jesus never really rose and Christians hid the body. Atheists say all of it is bunk. The Muslims say Jesus never really died on the cross. Hey even in MN there are people who still believe the the 35w Bridge that collapsed was terrorism,and of course the twin towers was a secret operation of George Bush. Ahminutjob says the Holocaust never happened. Oh well. Since the bible doesnt say much about the other Apostles we can assume they had no value based on the presumptions of the protestants in here. Ireneaus would be speaking to most of them today with all their profound knowledge.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423170 Feb 17, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were the beliefs I asked you to explain. You mentioned a few things but you never explained their importance.
You've spun me in so many posts now I can't remember what they were.
Why should I have to "explain" them? It's in the Bible. You own one.

Look it up.

Also, making direct response to your post isn't me "spinning". It's simply you forgetting you asked the question.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423171 Feb 17, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Your whole life depends on the catechism? Can you make decisions yourself without going to the catholic playbook?
If you DAN can't trust your own church leaders to lead good moral lives, the catechism is just another book of rules and regulations that YOU MUST FOLLOW, but many church officials don't follow themselves.........BUSTED!
When authorities in your church, had stated that others were not worthy, do you Dan, say the church authorities are WRONG?......
You have yet to answer that........I wonder why!
Why do you FEAR to question your church leaders Dan? Popes who believed and informed others that non catholics were not worthy. Embroiled in scandal after scandal, as if the catechism never existed.
UNBELIEVABLE!
The statement you (or FM) put into play was dependent upon the Catechism, since it was framed as Catholic teaching.

The Catechism IS Church teaching.

Again, this hissy fit from you lets me know that you are indeed "busted", since you're diverting.

Thanks.
lovelife7

Prairie Du Sac, WI

#423172 Feb 17, 2013
Have you seen the latest words from the pope when he thought the mic was off??
MICHAEL

Canada

#423173 Feb 17, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Eusebius, the 4th century historian who wen to the churches and recorded their successors says that the Apostles Peter and Paul, who planted the faith in Antioch, left directions that Ignatius should succeed Evodius as bishop of that city; he states further that Ignatius retained the office for forty years, proving himself in every way an exemplary pastor.
On the child who was held by Jesus this is stated as legend by the Enclopedia. So the Adventist with reading comprehension issues posts a lol on what the Enclopedia states as legend. Legend meaning may have never happened. The History recorded by Eusebius though is not. The actual birth date of Ignatious is not known.
Conspiracy Christianity as you have coined is a very good. Lets not forget the Jews say Jesus never really rose and Christians hid the body. Atheists say all of it is bunk. The Muslims say Jesus never really died on the cross. Hey even in MN there are people who still believe the the 35w Bridge that collapsed was terrorism,and of course the twin towers was a secret operation of George Bush. Ahminutjob says the Holocaust never happened. Oh well. Since the bible doesnt say much about the other Apostles we can assume they had no value based on the presumptions of the protestants in here. Ireneaus would be speaking to most of them today with all their profound knowledge.
Dust Storm says.......
.......Conspiracy Christianity as you have coined is a very good. Lets not forget the Jews say Jesus never really rose and Christians hid the body. Atheists say all of it is bunk. The Muslims say Jesus never really died on the cross. Hey even in MN there are people who still believe the the 35w Bridge that collapsed was terrorism,and of course the twin towers was a secret operation of George Bush. Ahminutjob says the Holocaust never happened.

Michael says......you can't compare these incidents together inplying everything you mention were conspiracy theories.

Evidence, determines what is true, not one sided biased stories written about this man, and "ONLY" in the bible and no where else.

Outside the bible, there are no writings during this era, by anyone from the entire MEDITERANEAN that a miracle man Jesus ever lived. No evidence of a virgin birth as catholics describe it. Thats not good! Devastating!

..During this era lived the best educated writers, scribes, philosophers, statesmen and government officials of that time. Not one of them ever mentions a miracle working godman Jesus.

Believing and hoping something is true, will not make it true. Evidence determines truth, and without evidence its only a BELIEF You have a belief. A belief can never be a fact, until it is proven, and your belief will stay just that, a belief, just as every other religion claims they too have only beliefs.

Sorry!
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#423174 Feb 17, 2013
An interesting Tale of the Eucharist:

A Pretty Maid , a Protestant, was to a catholic wed;
To love all Bible Truths a Tales, quite early she had been bred.
It sorely grieved her husband's heart, That she would not comply,
And join the Mother Church of Rome, and a heretic's deny.

So day by day he flattered her; But still she saw no good.
Would ever come from bowing down, to idols made of wood.

The Mass, The Host, The Miracle, was made but to deceive; and Transubstantistion, too she'd never dare believe.

He went to see his clergyman, and told his sad tale.
"My wife is an unbeliever sir, you can perhaps prevail."

For all your Romish miracles, my wife has strong aversion. May lead to her conversion.

The priest went with the gentleman, He thought to gain a prize. He said , "I will convert her sir,
and open both her eyes."

"The priest has come to dine with us!" "He's welcome," she replied.

And when at last, the meal was o'er,
The priest at once began, to teach his hostess all about the sinful state of man.

The greatness of our savior's love, which christians can't deny. To give Himself a sacrifice,
and for our sins to die.

"I will return tomorrow lass, Prepare so bread and wine; the sacramentle miracle, will stop your soul's decline."

"I'll bake the bread," the lady said. "you may," he did reply. "and when you've seen this miracle,
convinced you'll be, say I."

The priest did come accordingly, the bread and wine did bless. The lady asked, "Sir has it changed?" The preist answered "yes."

"It's changed from common bread and wine, to truly flesh and blood. Begorra lass, this power of mine,
has changed it into God!"

So having blessed the bread and wine, to eat they did prepare, the lady said unto the priest, "I warn you take care.

For half an ounce of arsenic, was mixed right in the batter, but since you have changed its nature ,it can't really matter.

The priest wa struck real dumb, he looked as pale as death, the bread and wine fell from his hands,
and he did grasp for breath..

"Bring me my horse!" the priest cried , "this is a cursed home." The lady replied , "begone; tis you who shares the curse of Rome!"

The husband, too he sat surprised, and not a word did say. At length he spoke, My dear said he, "The priest has run away."

To gulp such mummery and tripe, I'm not for sure quite able; I'll go with you and we'll renounce ,
"THIS ROMAN CATHOLIC FABLE".

AUTHOR UNKNOWN
MICHAEL

Canada

#423175 Feb 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I have to "explain" them? It's in the Bible. You own one.
Look it up.
Also, making direct response to your post isn't me "spinning". It's simply you forgetting you asked the question.
Why is the bible the ONLY source of stories about a divine Jesus? From 4 BCE to 30 AD there were dozens of Jewish and Roman writers, scribes, philosophers, government offials and not one of them, and not one of the thousands supposedly miraclized ever handed down a story about a miracle man named Jesus....Why? If someone brought me back from the dead, I would make sure I told everyone! Nothing! The bible says Jesus was followed by thousands, yet we know ZERO about this man other than BIASED writers who wrote their stories decades after this man supposedly died, and the first christians formed dozens of sects and none of them referred to their leader as ever being human but a spirit in the sky only!...... Makes no common sense.

We need evidence, not tall tales.
something is terribly wrong!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#423176 Feb 17, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right that I don't call myself a Protestant.'Christian' will do just fine.
It's hard to believe any so called believer would admit God's Word won't do. That ranks right up there with my being told 'it is unscriptural to be scriptural'.
If you were not indoctrinated by Catholicism perhaps you could see that it would make perfect sense in God's plan to leave a manual with us that we could use to go to Heaven whether we had anything else to teach and guide us or not.
Is the Bible just useless unless we have the mighty Catholic Church to tell us what to think? Should we just rid ourselves of this *useless*'treasure' and give up all to the King (Catholic Church)?
My King is Christ. To have a King their must be a Kingdom. The Bible *ALONE* can instruct you how to be in that Kingdom, the New Jerusalem/Spiritual Israel.
Circular logic.

Christ never taught that He'd leave a "manual", there wasn't one available until the printing press was invented, yet you insist that it "makes perfect sense" that Christ would do what in fact He did not do (which He never said He was going to do to begin with).

If it made "perfect sense", Christ would have done what you describe, yet He did not. He did not leave us with the Bible. It wasn't canonized for 300+ years after His departure from Earth.

Again, "scripture alone" contradicts the teachings in scripture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Eyes on Christ 10,653
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web