Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,377)

Showing posts 407,521 - 407,540 of511,919
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422731
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

preston wrote:
<quoted text>A QUESTION IS NOT A STATEMENT, YOU DO KNOW THAT, DONT YOU. DO THEY EACH YOU THAT IN YOUR WEEKLY IRRELIGIOUS SYSTEM?
ME;[r u the person that tried to get me kicked off?] after all, you are teh only newbie and the others have known me for years and this hasnt happened since 08.lol
If I'm not mistaken I think I saw where you told someone else - not me - that I tried to get you kicked off. You asked me the question but you told someone else as if it were truth. Just saying...
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422732
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Truth wrote:
Jesus had to be glorified first.....
It was only after Jesus was glorified that He could send the Holy Spirit, and on Pentecost it was declared:
Acts 2:33
33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and ~~~~~has poured out what you now see and hear.~~~~~
NOW SEE AND HEAR....
Go back to the beginning of Acts Chapter 2....
Apostles were BAPTIZED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT"....see and hear.....NO WATER at this type of baptism....
Correct!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422733
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know the Holy Ghost Peter says we receive at baptism is not The Spirit John spoke about?
Could they be one in the same - making both writers correct or are they separate making one of the writers wrong. If they're separate, Paul would also be wrong when he told the Ephesians there is ONE baptism.
The Bible will point us to the truth if we will only use it correctly. "Study to show thyself approved"
I have spoken with Marge several times......

Can't get her to understand all the baptisms and their meanings....
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422734
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,
You are so confused about the Holy Spirit and getting saved......
Sorry, but I just had to say that....
sorry hank, but it is YOU that know nothing about salvation. and that Salvation doesnt come by getting wet. several years ago, i asked you to find me ONE person that received the holy ghost as your church teaches and you could not.

and then you and I BOTH know how you acted after that, dont we?

you are a nice guy and very sincere, but you are wrong on this doctrine.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422735
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Why do so many in the denominational world expect to receive the baptism the Apostles received rather than submitting to the baptism the Apostles taught.

John's baptism pointed the way to it.

This makes three different baptisms being discussed in my post. Which "one" was Paul talking about later in Eph. 4? Is it the one the Apostles received, or would it logically be the one they taught? There are lots of examples of the one baptism the Apostles were teaching in Acts. That baptism is the "one" I submitted to.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422736
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know the Holy Ghost Peter says we receive at baptism is not The Spirit John spoke about?
Could they be one in the same - making both writers correct or are they separate making one of the writers wrong. If they're separate, Paul would also be wrong when he told the Ephesians there is ONE baptism.
The Bible will point us to the truth if we will only use it correctly. "Study to show thyself approved"
the Holy Ghost is a Promise, but He only comes thru obediance and a willingness to sell out completely. he isnt given out like a person can go to wal mart and get Him. it take much more. read John again. John tells us, using the Words of jesus that only a person who is thirsting for His Righteousness will receive the Holy Ghost, and even people who get Saved dont receive the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, they receive the Spirit of Christ, which is promised to all beleivers.I realize this is well over your head but you need to learn
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422737
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Truth wrote:
Jesus had to be glorified first.....
It was only after Jesus was glorified that He could send the Holy Spirit, and on Pentecost it was declared:
Acts 2:33
33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and ~~~~~has poured out what you now see and hear.~~~~~
NOW SEE AND HEAR....
Go back to the beginning of Acts Chapter 2....
Apostles were BAPTIZED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT"....see and hear.....NO WATER at this type of baptism....
and that Baptism was [after] he had already called them, and it came when He breathed on them. no fire, no wind, just a simple breath. you will NEVER get around it that your church is WRONG.

you can try and take verses out of context ALL day long but you cant prove the lie your church teaches is Truth
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422738
Feb 15, 2013
 
tukac
mukac
zarez z=2+4=6 26 are 26 put two z together as 26 as z
harez
26 are 26
no gramma
its mean no zarez '',''
scare
bare
care
fare gare hare jare kare lare mare nare pare qare sare tare vare ware xare yare zare
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422739
Feb 15, 2013
 
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>

And face it, kid -- the romanist cult is on the edge of the abyss -- and about to fall in.
Only in your "wildest dreams" which for you is a "nightmare"! Your bible only (half-truth, half-heresy) belief are nothing but the same old anti-catholic "personal opinionated" hostility and vengeance that keep growing and growing in contradiction, and inconsistency. 42,000 today, 42,200 next week and 44,000 the week after----ALL of which have "absolutely" no basis of ANY biblical or historical truth to back it up. Just vindictiveness against the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church!!!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422740
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I have spoken with Marge several times......
Can't get her to understand all the baptisms and their meanings....
there are ONLY TWO. Baptism of the Holy Ghost is not automatic, which is something that you know nothing about.

and water Baptism which comes [after] the Christian is Saved, not before, not during Salvation but afterwards, as every Christian that is now left on this board would tell you as they have in the past but you refuse to believe and accept the TRUTH
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422741
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

preston wrote:
<quoted text>sorry hank, but it is YOU that know nothing about salvation. and that Salvation doesnt come by getting wet. several years ago, i asked you to find me ONE person that received the holy ghost as your church teaches and you could not.
and then you and I BOTH know how you acted after that, dont we?
you are a nice guy and very sincere, but you are wrong on this doctrine.
Hey Preston,

I hope you are feeling better.....

I haven't been on here much....working with children...and, what a wonderful blessing they are....

I guess I am wrong about this doctrine because I am following the Apostle Peter with whom God is speaking through....
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422742
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm not mistaken I think I saw where you told someone else - not me - that I tried to get you kicked off. You asked me the question but you told someone else as if it were truth. Just saying...
the word that I used was [imagine] and I used it in the context of you being a newbie and I had not had anyone try and get me kicked off since 08, so it took someone like you who has found out that I dont accept your false teachings as gospel and of course that makes you mad and you just might seek revenge, I know that Hank did on me several years ago, so you people do have a past with me.
and no one dislikes me as much as the sda cultist, but he just isnt that kind. he says what he wants to say and doesnt hide it, and if I wasnt on here, his satanic rage would be wasted.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422743
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

preston wrote:
<quoted text>and that Baptism was [after] he had already called them, and it came when He breathed on them. no fire, no wind, just a simple breath. you will NEVER get around it that your church is WRONG.
you can try and take verses out of context ALL day long but you cant prove the lie your church teaches is Truth
SEE and HEAR...

Acts 2:2

King James Version (KJV)

2 And suddenly there came a [sound] from heaven as of a ~~~rushing mighty wind,~~~ and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

SEE and HEAR...

Acts 2:2

American Standard Version (ASV)

2 And suddenly there came from heaven a [sound] as of the ~~~rushing of a mighty wind,~~~ and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

SEE and HEAR...

Acts 2:2

New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

2 And suddenly from heaven there came a [sound] like the ~~~rush of a violent wind,~~~ and it filled the entire house where they were sitting.

violent wind....

Holy Spirit Baptism....no water required....
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422744
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct!
kinda ironic when I used the words of John describing my Experience that stated that Jesus had not yet been killed and so the Holy Ghost had not yet been given, YOU MOCKED THE WORDS OF JESUS JUST AS THE SDA CULTIST DID. luckily you didnt blaspehme the Holy Ghost as he did, so you got a chance if you get out of your false cult, that is.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422745
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Saban fan wrote:
Why do so many in the denominational world expect to receive the baptism the Apostles received rather than submitting to the baptism the Apostles taught.
John's baptism pointed the way to it.
This makes three different baptisms being discussed in my post. Which "one" was Paul talking about later in Eph. 4? Is it the one the Apostles received, or would it logically be the one they taught? There are lots of examples of the one baptism the Apostles were teaching in Acts. That baptism is the "one" I submitted to.
John the Baptist baptism could not save anyone.....he was preparing the way.....

Holy Spirit Baptism...apostles and the House of Cornelius.....

Baptism into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ....washed in the blood of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sins and becoming disciples of Jesus Christ.....and to receive the "gift of the Holy Spirit" aka the "indwelling of the Holy Spirit"

Not hard to understand if you study...
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422746
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
SEE and HEAR...
Acts 2:2
King James Version (KJV)
2 And suddenly there came a [sound] from heaven as of a ~~~rushing mighty wind,~~~ and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
SEE and HEAR...
Acts 2:2
American Standard Version (ASV)
2 And suddenly there came from heaven a [sound] as of the ~~~rushing of a mighty wind,~~~ and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
SEE and HEAR...
Acts 2:2
New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
2 And suddenly from heaven there came a [sound] like the ~~~rush of a violent wind,~~~ and it filled the entire house where they were sitting.
violent wind....
Holy Spirit Baptism....no water required....
lol. I heard that mighty rushing wind ONCE, back in 1984 almost 2 years after I was Saved, and I couldnt hear very well all day, until I went to church that night and a man, a lonely man, a lonely UNSAVED man was sitting in the back, and God told me to go back and speak to him these words.:God loves you", and i did and going home, my cousin,(the Pastor) asked me what I said to him and I told him. then I was able to hear again.

Hank, I like you, I really do, but you know nothing about the Spiritual things of God and you never will until you get saved.

again that sound was a sign that He had come into the room,but was not the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, because then He comes and lives INSIDE of you. that wind was outside of them until he Indwelled with them.
SEE and HEAR
you can NOT SEE THE HOLY GHOST DONT ACT STUPID NOW.you will only see the fruits of Him living inside a person.

and that word [SEE]was in neither of those translations, so why did you try and use it to prove your lie? how many times have I said that a person can not use a lie to prove the TRUTH?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422747
Feb 15, 2013
 
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>ok he says "MY CHURCH" what he doesn't say is upon this rock i'll build my "CATHOLIC CHURCH", understand? your assuming he means the catholic church with no history to support your thought/theory,if it is not written how can you prove it is fact?
Church History "says it" and (has) consistently "said it" for over 2000 years--beginning in 060 AD. The bible doesn't have to say it! Every word doesn't have to be in the bible in order for it "to be TRUE!!! Christ built, initiated, formed and authenticated "ONE TRUE CHURCH"---not 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent "relative truths".
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422748
Feb 15, 2013
 
Hank, that man died the following week, I dotn know if he ever gave his heart to he Lord between the time that I spoke those words on he died. I just dont know. one thing that I do know is that he ahd refused the Holy Ghost speaking to him many years ago, and he never felt the drawing power of God ever again.

and it takes the drawing power of God for a person to step up and give their life to the Lord. we just cant get saved whenever we want to. and that Is Bible, you can accept it or not.all I can do is tell you the Truth. my feeling towards that man is that now, he would have had to step out without that drawing Power and asked God to forgive him, and I beleive that is what it would have taken.

Is that a contradiction? Of course not, not if You know God and His love and His grace and mercy.

it turns out that that man came to that church because of my cousin, who he knew that he was related to him, and for that reason he started to come there.and what God knew but that man and I didnt know was this. I also was related to him. Jim and my grandmother(whose last name was the same as that man) were one and the same.

I [heard] that wind that morning, but I didnt [see] it.

since I know Him, I can understand His works and His words, you cant.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422749
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol. I heard that mighty rushing wind ONCE, back in 1984 almost 2 years after I was Saved, and I couldnt hear very well all day, until I went to church that night and a man, a lonely man, a lonely UNSAVED man was sitting in the back, and God told me to go back and speak to him these words.:God loves you", and i did and going home, my cousin,(the Pastor) asked me what I said to him and I told him. then I was able to hear again.
Hank, I like you, I really do, but you know nothing about the Spiritual things of God and you never will until you get saved.
again that sound was a sign that He had come into the room,but was not the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, because then He comes and lives INSIDE of you. that wind was outside of them until he Indwelled with them.
SEE and HEAR
you can NOT SEE THE HOLY GHOST DONT ACT STUPID NOW.you will only see the fruits of Him living inside a person.
and that word [SEE]was in neither of those translations, so why did you try and use it to prove your lie? how many times have I said that a person can not use a lie to prove the TRUTH?
Acts 2:33

33 Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit,~~~~~he has poured out this that you both see and hear.~~~~~

Acts 2:33

King James Version (KJV)

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost,~~~~~he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.~~~~~

I guess God is wrong....
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#422750
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
John the Baptist baptism could not save anyone.....he was preparing the way.....
Holy Spirit Baptism...apostles and the House of Cornelius.....
Baptism into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ....washed in the blood of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sins and becoming disciples of Jesus Christ.....and to receive the "gift of the Holy Spirit" aka the "indwelling of the Holy Spirit"
Not hard to understand if you study...
Hank, go back and read the words of John the Baptist.

John the Baptist baptism

John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

if those people that John Baptised were not forgiven of their sins, why is mark saying that he preached and baptised this Baptism for the remission of sins.

Hank, you and saban need to find you another thread to talk about your false teachings and beleifs. because they are jsut like the catholics teach, with ONLY this exception. the catholcis do water baptism at an early age with infants,

you and your church do water baptsim with adults.

AND BOTH OF YOUR CHURCHS ARE WRONG.
is the Bible lying or is your church wrong?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 407,521 - 407,540 of511,919
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 2 hr ELIAS IBARRA 20
Greek Orthodox prelates denounce Catholicism as... 5 hr post 3
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Gee-Tee 7,640
Anglican priest ordained to Catholic priesthood... Apr 14 Highchurchman 5
Krakow prays to its saint John Paul II Apr 12 Clear Dharma 5
Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims Apr 10 Silent Crusader 4
Pope Presses Anti-AIDS Chastity Strategy in Africa Apr 8 Atheist Silurist 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••