Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603253 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422845 Feb 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Iam neither and if you would have paid attention to my posts you could easily have garenred that info.
I belong to a Holiness Denomination which believes in [Two] Definite Works of grace given to us by God.
First a person gets Saved and then they receive the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, exactly the way it is given in the NT and in that Order of course.
I got Saved on 8/25/82; Baptsied by the Holy Ghost on 8/27/82 and then water Baptism followed on 5/28/83.
so you see, I dont need the opinion or opinions of others to tell me what I believe and know is Factual.I was there.and less than ayear after I was Baptised in water, I was Called to Preach and I have been doing that for almost 30 years.so you aint dealing with a pilgrim
So you belong to an admitted denomination. Do you know what the word denomination means?

So... The Holiness something? Do y'all run the Mission Temple Fireworks stand and sell cherry bombs for Jesus? I've heard Paul Thorn sing about that. I learned about the tent revivals and the sparklers and how the rent money for the whole year comes in on New Years and the 4th of July.

"Today bottle rockets are two for one but salvation's free!"
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422846 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agreed that we can all share the Gospel with our fellow man. We're supposed to do that.
What I said is that all of us do not possess ministerial authority-I cannot interpret scripture myself.
If we are teaching/preaching, Dan, we are interpreting.....

Why are we commanded to have Elders??? Notice more than one....

Why are we suppose to have respect and go to our Elders???

An Elder/s should be able to teach/preach....which shows spiritual maturity and growth.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422847 Feb 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
All quotes of John, quoting Jesus - second hand sources are not viable.
Besides, I asked you to show me where Jesus, actually calls himself "God".
In none of these, I don't see it.
<quoted text>
Jesus explaining that his death is to promote others to believe in his teachings.
Shoot - you refuse to believe in him and most of his teachings, and now you claim this?
<quoted text>
Again - John quoting, and nothing to show Jesus actually saying "I am God."
Strike two.
<quoted text>
Jesus and I are one....one in Spirit. You will notice, he states, "My Father" - designating he is not of the same level.
Again, nothing to show Jesus is calling himself "God". But showing us that he is a part of "God" and that we all can become this - through death, and the transcendence of the material world to the spiritual world.
Why can't you understand that we are all part of "God" and will return to him? In other words, "I and my Father are one" applies to us all - that was Jesus' message that you refuse to acknowledge and accept. Why?
Strike three.
<quoted text>
And still yet another quote by John, quoting Jesus, which doesn't have Jesus calling himself "God".
Why do you so-called "Christians" read more into the words than is necessary? Oh yeah - because other men told you what to believe.
DOH!!
Strike four....NEXT BATTER!!
<quoted text>
Jesus implying and still stating that he and the Father are of one substance.
Not Jesus calling himself "God".
Maybe you should just sit on the bench for a while, as we've gone over all of these before.
What else you got, since you want to play this silly game and let me continue to prove you wrong.
Why do you believe men and not Jesus?
Now you're just playing Protestant and providing your personal interpretation of scripture.

I can get that from my mailman. Why would I care about yours?

Self.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#422848 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please ask a direct question next time.
You could have been asking me for quotes to support "fully man", "fully God" and/or those that substantiated His having "created the beliefs".
I'm not sure on how direct I need to be, but I think I've achieved that aspect of my posts.

If you think I am not, then you aren't reading my posts, or possibly just part of them.

Why do you think I am not?

BTW - you said Jesus was "fully man and fully God". I asked you to show where he claims he is "fully God".

He doesn't.

Only men have applied this characterization upon him. Including you.

Why, when Jesus never did?

That is because you ahve chosen men over Jesus - choosing what other men are to believe.

DOH!!

FYI - Jesus explains to John in this text that he is not "God".

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...

But you don't want to believe Jesus, huh?

Because it ruins a beleif you thought was pure and true.

The dismay will eventually go away, if you let it.

Self.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422849 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agreed that we can all share the Gospel with our fellow man. We're supposed to do that.
What I said is that all of us do not possess ministerial authority-I cannot interpret scripture myself.
Why was Timothy told to study to show himself approved? Does that not apply to the normal priest(Christian)
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422850 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We do have a responsibility to share the Gospel.
We have not all individually been comissioned to promulgate our own personal interpretation of scripture as Gospel.
Why then are you here?

Albuquerque, NM

#422851 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Whom does the Church tell us is NOT in Heaven?
One or two names will suffice.
"Dan"
"Regina"
"atemcowboy"
....everyone on this forum.

Next question....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422852 Feb 15, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong wrong wrong if baptism and communion saved Jesus would not have to gave Himself for us.
You have to trust in Him alone. You have to believe this or your not obeying and He won't send you His Spirit.
I guess you don't understand, Marge, that it is the working of God in your baptism......

Albuquerque, NM

#422853 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Whom does the Church tell us is NOT in Heaven?
One or two names will suffice.
Just in case you are fretting about the last post.....

- since I am part of the "Church", I was allowed to voice that post openly.

If you would like more names, just ask.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422854 Feb 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why in the world are so you hung up on this stupidity of being "in Christ". If a person is Saved, then Christ is inside of us. the complete opposite of what you love to tell us.
In Christ....there is forgiveness of sins through the precious blood of Jesus.....
I am sorry, but this statement has to be the dumbest that you have ever made.look at what you are saying and hopefully you will see what I see and that is a BIG CONTRADICTION.LOL
this foolishness or yours can stop at any time. you never acted like this for many years until this "newbie "came on board.
I know you have a problem, Preston, with these two little words 'in Christ'......

Where, Preston, is every spiritual blessing located???
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422855 Feb 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>why in the world are so you hung up on this stupidity of being "in Christ". If a person is Saved, then Christ is inside of us. the complete opposite of what you love to tell us.
In Christ....there is forgiveness of sins through the precious blood of Jesus.....
I am sorry, but this statement has to be the dumbest that you have ever made.look at what you are saying and hopefully you will see what I see and that is a BIG CONTRADICTION.LOL
this foolishness or yours can stop at any time. you never acted like this for many years until this "newbie "came on board.
Your ignorance here is very high. Just do a search to find how many times the Bible mentions "in Christ".

I'd suggest you study this!

Albuquerque, NM

#422856 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're just playing Protestant and providing your personal interpretation of scripture.
No I am not. Show me where your interpretation that Jesus is "God" is valid?

Using Jesus' own words is the best advantage you have, yet you have none.

So now you use that "attack the messenger" style of refutation.

Why? What are you afraid of if Jesus is not "God"?
- becoming Protestant?
- showing your honesty?
- the supposed "truth" of your religion, that you've beleived for so many years, is a false doctrine?

Open your eyes and ears is was what Jesus asked of us. Not to sit back and let others tell us what to believe, as you have.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I can get that from my mailman. Why would I care about yours?
I didn't ask you to care about me, but you sure are thinking that I matter in some way, if you had to ask.

Believe in all of what Jesus taught, you won't have to worry about others.
(55) Jesus says:

(1)"Whoever does not hate his father and his mother cannot become a disciple of mine.
(2) And whoever does not hate his brothers and his sisters (and) will not take up his cross as I do, will not be worthy of me."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
If only you knew that this one word is so truthful, but you don't.

Bummer for you.

Move past the words and understand their meaning.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422857 Feb 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>so you are now saying that people under the Old Covenant were never Saved.
tell that to old moses and lige.lol
THEY MADE IT, YOU GOT IT TO MAKE.
HANK, NOTHING HAS CHANGED, AND YOU SHOULD TELL SABAN THAT. EVEN AT MY ADVANCED AGE, I STILL AINT TO DULL WHEN IT COMES TO THE WORD OF GOD.
Bout as sharp as a bowling ball.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422858 Feb 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>but the difference between me and You is this. I am like Paul, you are like the men of ephesus, You dont know what it is like to have the holy Ghost in your life since you are not Saved.that water did no more to Save you than the Catholics tap water experience.
all it did was get you wet. that is it.and I am telling you this for your own good.(God told me to let you know that)
So, Preston, what does 'wash away' mean???

rachats.....

to wash, wash off, wash away, bathe

to wash, wash off, wash away

to wash, bathe (oneself)

to be washed

to wash oneself

What are we suppose to 'wash away,' Preston???

What are we to be free of, Preston???
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422859 Feb 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If we are teaching/preaching, Dan, we are interpreting.....
Why are we commanded to have Elders??? Notice more than one....
Why are we suppose to have respect and go to our Elders???
An Elder/s should be able to teach/preach....which shows spiritual maturity and growth.
We aren't commanded to have "elders" as you use it-people older than ourselves.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422860 Feb 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>so you are now saying that people under the Old Covenant were never Saved.
tell that to old moses and lige.lol
THEY MADE IT, YOU GOT IT TO MAKE.
HANK, NOTHING HAS CHANGED, AND YOU SHOULD TELL SABAN THAT. EVEN AT MY ADVANCED AGE, I STILL AINT TO DULL WHEN IT COMES TO THE WORD OF GOD.
If you are not dull when it comes to the Word of God, Preston, then why can't you see what God has written in scriptures???

I didn't write these scriptures, God did....
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422861 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It matters if you make the claim and then counter-claim it, doesn't it?
Hang on here. I've NEVER said the Apostles were not the foundation. I disagreed with Peter being the ROCK you refer to when it is actually the confession of belief that Jesus is the son of God that is the ROCK.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422862 Feb 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>jESUS said to His diciples,"receive ye the Holy Ghost and He breathed on them'
John 20: 22
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
now since that has been settled as to WHEN they received the holy Ghost, you now need to know what this "Power on High"was, dont you? when you find out then, tell me.lol
I can read it and tell you easily. but I aint going to tell you, since you cant understand the Things of God.
and I am a [Witness] to you. I wondered WHY God wanted me to tell you in my last post to you.
Conclusion of His earthly ministry, Preston....

After Jesus' resurrection and before His ascension...

Jesus breathed on the apostles to reveal His identity as divine...

This was foreshadowing of the Spirit..... in which they were to receive on the day of Pentecost.

Wasn't it God's breath that brought Adam to life???

How about them dry bones??? lol...

‘I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.'

"Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it,‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’"

Physical breath is essential/necessary to physical life...

The Holy Spirit (God’s breath) is essential/necessary to spiritual life.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422863 Feb 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Hank, this is pathetic that you would ever stoop to this level, it does show that you are not Saved, that you have no testimony(witness) for the Lord.
1 Peter 3:15,“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.”
that my friend is a [WITNESS] that a Chrsitian is to give to any man that asks him.
had enough of this drivel. later.even catholic ignorance didnt cause me to want to puke as much as reading this from you and saban
Yes, a witness to the Word of God....

But, not a witness as in an apostle...

Albuquerque, NM

#422864 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:

"It matters if you make the claim and then counter-claim it, doesn't it? "

New Age writes:

A perfect example of the "Catholic two-step".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 hr Mr Sir 9,679
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 12 hr Passing thru 84,403
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 21 hr Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web