Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,354
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#422792 Feb 15, 2013
remember your convent with us
remember your convent with us
remember your convent with us

name of creator heaven is alive
name or real creator is truth
name of real creator is for ever alive never died

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#422793 Feb 15, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are stating more than is printed in you assertion because at http://www.sbc.net/bfm/bfm2000.asp#ii
Where you copied these verses it is to show he is the God the Son there is no reference that he is or is not God almighty.
However Jesus is God and Jesus is the Christ and Jesus is the Son of God who Created the Heavens and the Earth and all that is found in them. That makes him Almighty as is the Holy Spirit and is the Father as they are all God and there is only one God and God is Almighty.
Just so you know.
Why do you believe men?

Please post the exact quote where Jesus calls himself "God".

Point of interest....

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...

If Jesus is explaining to John in this ancient text, referring to his Father, as:
"[It is the] invisible [Spirit], and It is not appropriate [to consider It] to be like the g[o]ds or that It is something similar. For It is more than divine,[without anything] existing over It. For nothing lords [over It]. It can­not be [limi]ted because there is nothing [before It] to limit It.[It is] inscrut[able because there] is no one who exists before It [to scrutinine It.][It is im]measurable because there is nothing [which exists before It to measure] It.[It is] in[visible because there is] no one to see [It. It is an eternity existing] eternally.[It is ineffable because] there is no one able to comprehend It in order to sp[eak about It.] It is [un]nameable because [there is no one before It] to name [It.] It is [the immeasurable light,] which is pure,[holy, and unpolluted. It is in]effable [being perfect i]n incorruptibility.(It does)[not](exist) in per[fection], blessed[ness, or] divini[ty] but It is [far] supe­rior (to these)."

- not "God".

Jesus never called himself "God", why should you?

In fact, he refers to "God" as an 'mistake'.

"10 Sophia of the Epinoia, being an Aeon, thought a thought from within herself and the thought of the invisible Spirit and Foreknowledge. She willed a likeness to appear from within herself without the will of the Spirit—It had not approved—and without her partner and without his consideration. For the countenance of her masculinity did not approve, and she had not found her partner. She deliberated apart from the will of the Spirit and the understanding of her partner. She brought forth.

Because of the unconquerable power within her, her thought did not remain idle. And an imperfect product appeared from her, and it was different from her pattern because she created it without her partner. And it was not patterned after the likeness of its Mother, for it had a different form. When she saw (the product of) her will, it was dif­ferent, a model of a lion-faced serpent. His eyes were like flashing fires of lightning. She cast him out from her, outside of those places so that none among the immortals might see him, for she had cre­ated him in ignorance."

Again, the RCC teaches what it wants, in order to appease followers, and to have them part of their organization.

Incomplete information leads to an incomplete belief.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422794 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you prove that Christ's commission to the Apostles carried on beyond the Apostles to anyone other than Christians - and Christians only. Christians are priests (Rev. 1:6, 5:10, 20:6).
The Apostles did their job. They are the foundation of the church, but they are also gone. They've died and reached their reward and those that are saved will see them someday.
They ordained others, thus their ministerial authority succeeded beyond them. This is related in scripture. All Christians did not receive the commission by Christ, Saban. The Apostles received it.

Why would a non-Christian receive (or want) authority to teach Christ's message, Saban? What an odd question.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422795 Feb 15, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
.. Catholics believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs, will spend all of Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering, yet you boast and consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."
More christians per capita in american prisons than non believers....UNBLIEVABLE!
BUSTED!
Can you cite the Catehcism that relates this teaching, Micheal?

We'd love to see something approaching proof for your claim here.

Thanks
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422796 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you prove that Christ's commission to the Apostles carried on beyond the Apostles to anyone other than Christians - and Christians only. Christians are priests (Rev. 1:6, 5:10, 20:6).
The Apostles did their job. They are the foundation of the church, but they are also gone. They've died and reached their reward and those that are saved will see them someday.
Earlier, you denied that Christ founded the Church with St. Peter as earthly head.

Now, you claim that the Apostles were, in fact, the foundation of the Church.

What happened to change your thinking?
truth

Perth, Australia

#422797 Feb 15, 2013
pride is sin
cross
you judge righteousness
you set up on wicket satanic evil way
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422798 Feb 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan,
We (Christians) are all commissioned to share the gospel....not just the apostles....
All of us do not have ministerial authorty.

We can share it all day. We all cannot teach it.

Even protestants have ministers, yes?
truth

Perth, Australia

#422799 Feb 15, 2013
for you Cross is foolish
truth

Perth, Australia

#422800 Feb 15, 2013
pray for them who judge you
pray for them who prosecuted you
pray for them who accuse you
pray for them who abuse you
pray for them who assault you

CROSS is foolish for you
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422801 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word can be effective and protected through the good and the bad. Some of the most credible witnesses to the fact that there was a Jesus and there was a resurrection were writers of old that tried to discredit it. In their attempt to discredit the Christ God used them to help bring credibility to the facts that cannot be denied, Jesus lived, walked the earth, and has no grave.
I'm not sure if the point I'm trying to make will be understood, but God's Word will survive. History shows that the Word has spread most effectively when Christians are being persecuted for their faith and when all they believe in seems to be lost.
Look at the worship practices and the church government the inspired Apostles implemented and we read about in scripture. Does that look like the Catholic church or the church of Christ?
It looks like the Catholic Church.

It's visible and hierarchal, as in scripture, and they believed that Baptism was salvific and that the Eucharist is the body and blood of Christ.

They did this with a uniformity of belief without making reliance on their personal interpretation of Christ's teaching. They also did it in the absence of a Bible.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#422802 Feb 15, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
In the OT God renames Abram Abraham. Making him the foundational figure of Judaism. Likewise in the NT Jesus renames Simon, Peter, meaning rock. He says on this rock he will build his church. The "church" is built upon Peter. Hell will not prevail against the church. So its still here after 2000 years. And Peter is given the "keys". Passing on these keys to his successors ensures that teachings are kept the same and the church divinely protected.
Since "Abram", came from Ur in Sumer/Chaldean, and their gods included "Marduk", "Sin", and others - are you saying Abraham converted to a new god?

Do you have some sort of evidence outside the Bible that states he revoked his allegiance to any other god?

This article posits those same questions.....but shows many good points that shows the biblical stories are not accurate.

http://home.comcast.net/~theseeker/ABRAM.htm
Abraham: Vassal of the Elohim/Anunnaki?
The tales of Abraham's interaction with the entity that singled him out to become a people are written in the early chapters of the book of Genesis. Only later during the time of Moses does the entity name himself as Yahweh. It is not known if the entity with whom Abraham spoke, even fed, was the same as he who manifested to Moses five hundred years later. According to Genesis, Abraham saw the face of his god; Moses did not. In the time of Moses, approximately 1500 BC, the family of Abraham was living in the land of Egypt and had fallen back into the practice of worshiping many gods; the same gods that had comprised the Sumerian pantheon, as well the early Chaldean. The entity that led the Hebrew people from Egypt claimed to be one and the same as the god of Abraham. He claimed that he had come to fulfill his promise to Abraham by making his descendents a people, and give them the land wherein their father Abraham had lived and died. He forbade them to recognize any other god but himself, by force convincing them during forty years of wandering in the wilderness that he was the One and only God.
Did Terah leave the land of Chaldea in rejection of Marduk? Was his patron god another, or did he continue to recognize the older pantheon? The bible does not tell us. It is certain that he took with him from Chaldea the notion of many gods; his relatives in Harran continued worshiping the pantheon. Genesis 31:29-35 tells us Rachel stole the household gods. In verse 29 we hear Laban naming only one of those gods as Abraham's. Through Joseph we understand that the notion of this one god as patron of Abraham's descendents survived into Egypt. The god was forgotten, and then by force 're'-manifested to bring the Hebrews out of slavery.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#422803 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All of us do not have ministerial authorty.
We can share it all day. We all cannot teach it.
Even protestants have ministers, yes?
"ministerial authorty"
- men approving other men to preach beliefs created by men.

PERFECT!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422804 Feb 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"ministerial authorty"
- men approving other men to preach beliefs created by men.
PERFECT!!
Well, Christ was fully man and fully God.

He "created" the beliefs.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#422805 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Christ was fully man and fully God.
He "created" the beliefs.
Sure - but no specific quote by Jesus to indicate this.

Why are you making up things you cannot substantiate?

You've been duped.
Clay

United States

#422806 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word can be effective and protected through the good and the bad. Some of the most credible witnesses to the fact that there was a Jesus and there was a resurrection were writers of old that tried to discredit it. In their attempt to discredit the Christ God used them to help bring credibility to the facts that cannot be denied, Jesus lived, walked the earth, and has no grave.
I'm not sure if the point I'm trying to make will be understood, but God's Word will survive. History shows that the Word has spread most effectively when Christians are being persecuted for their faith and when all they believe in seems to be lost.
Look at the worship practices and the church government the inspired Apostles implemented and we read about in scripture. Does that look like the Catholic church or the church of Christ?
It looks like the Catholic Church- as described by all the Apostolic fathers.
I never even heard of you guys til a couple yrs ago. You say you were the ones from the beginning and I find that bizarre. Did you have Pope Clement or Linus? Did you have Ignatius of Antioch in your group? These men were members of the same Church the Apostles set up. The latter, Ignatius describes themselves as Catholic and his writings look Catholic.
I don't know what to tell you Saban, you guys seemed to have convinced yourselves of something... But I'm not sure what.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422807 Feb 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure - but no specific quote by Jesus to indicate this.
Why are you making up things you cannot substantiate?
You've been duped.
"Quote by Jesus" to indicate what?
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#422808 Feb 15, 2013
truth wrote:
pray for them who judge you
pray for them who prosecuted you
pray for them who accuse you
pray for them who abuse you
pray for them who assault you
CROSS is foolish for you
Yep, folks in Australia suffer much persecution and abuse too.

I too will pray for those who do that terrible stuff to you.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422809 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All of us do not have ministerial authorty.
We can share it all day. We all cannot teach it.
Even protestants have ministers, yes?
The people of today have not witnessed Jesus and he miracles nor His death, burial, and resurrection....nor His ascension into heaven....

But, every believer is commissioned, commanded and constructed to share the Gospel with a lost world.

How are people today in a lost and dying world going to learn that Jesus saves???

How are people today going to learn what sin is and that sin separates us from God???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422810 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They ordained others, thus their ministerial authority succeeded beyond them. This is related in scripture. All Christians did not receive the commission by Christ, Saban. The Apostles received it.
Why would a non-Christian receive (or want) authority to teach Christ's message, Saban? What an odd question.
Wrong, Dan!!!

The body of believers have a command and a mission to share the gospel of the death, burial and resurrection and that Jesus saves!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422811 Feb 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The people of today have not witnessed Jesus and he miracles nor His death, burial, and resurrection....nor His ascension into heaven....
But, every believer is commissioned, commanded and constructed to share the Gospel with a lost world.
How are people today in a lost and dying world going to learn that Jesus saves???
How are people today going to learn what sin is and that sin separates us from God???
I agreed that we can all share the Gospel with our fellow man. We're supposed to do that.

What I said is that all of us do not possess ministerial authority-I cannot interpret scripture myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Married in 8,299
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 9 hr ELIAS IBARRA 83
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••