Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,616
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422809 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
All of us do not have ministerial authorty.
We can share it all day. We all cannot teach it.
Even protestants have ministers, yes?
The people of today have not witnessed Jesus and he miracles nor His death, burial, and resurrection....nor His ascension into heaven....

But, every believer is commissioned, commanded and constructed to share the Gospel with a lost world.

How are people today in a lost and dying world going to learn that Jesus saves???

How are people today going to learn what sin is and that sin separates us from God???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422810 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They ordained others, thus their ministerial authority succeeded beyond them. This is related in scripture. All Christians did not receive the commission by Christ, Saban. The Apostles received it.
Why would a non-Christian receive (or want) authority to teach Christ's message, Saban? What an odd question.
Wrong, Dan!!!

The body of believers have a command and a mission to share the gospel of the death, burial and resurrection and that Jesus saves!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422811 Feb 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The people of today have not witnessed Jesus and he miracles nor His death, burial, and resurrection....nor His ascension into heaven....
But, every believer is commissioned, commanded and constructed to share the Gospel with a lost world.
How are people today in a lost and dying world going to learn that Jesus saves???
How are people today going to learn what sin is and that sin separates us from God???
I agreed that we can all share the Gospel with our fellow man. We're supposed to do that.

What I said is that all of us do not possess ministerial authority-I cannot interpret scripture myself.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#422812 Feb 15, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed that Bible only Christians do seem to be inconsistent in their views about women priests. They insist that we should all take the Bible alone in all matters, but at the same time attend churches who ordain women pastors which appears to contravene what is written about in the Bible. Just pointing out the inconsistency there.
I, nor any of my family, will ever attend services at a church that has a woman pastor...the Bible forbids women to do so...any teaching opposite of this is not based on the Word of God...it can't be, because that would make His Word fallible...which it is not....
marge

Ames, IA

#422813 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like the Catholic Church.
It's visible and hierarchal, as in scripture, and they believed that Baptism was salvific and that the Eucharist is the body and blood of Christ.
They did this with a uniformity of belief without making reliance on their personal interpretation of Christ's teaching. They also did it in the absence of a Bible.
wrong wrong wrong if baptism and communion saved Jesus would not have to gave Himself for us.

You have to trust in Him alone. You have to believe this or your not obeying and He won't send you His Spirit.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#422814 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Suggested reading:
If you're Baptist
http://www.apologeticspress.org/pdfs/e-books_...
If you're Lutheran
http://www.apologeticspress.org/pdfs/e-books_...
Iam neither and if you would have paid attention to my posts you could easily have garenred that info.

I belong to a Holiness Denomination which believes in [Two] Definite Works of grace given to us by God.

First a person gets Saved and then they receive the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, exactly the way it is given in the NT and in that Order of course.

I got Saved on 8/25/82; Baptsied by the Holy Ghost on 8/27/82 and then water Baptism followed on 5/28/83.

so you see, I dont need the opinion or opinions of others to tell me what I believe and know is Factual.I was there.and less than ayear after I was Baptised in water, I was Called to Preach and I have been doing that for almost 30 years.so you aint dealing with a pilgrim
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422815 Feb 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, Dan!!!
The body of believers have a command and a mission to share the gospel of the death, burial and resurrection and that Jesus saves!
We do have a responsibility to share the Gospel.

We have not all individually been comissioned to promulgate our own personal interpretation of scripture as Gospel.

Location hidden

#422816 Feb 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple question would be:
Was this man 'outside of Christ' or 'in Christ'???
Outside of Christ...there is NO forgiveness of his sins....
In Christ....there is forgiveness of sins through the precious blood of Jesus.....
why in the world are so you hung up on this stupidity of being "in Christ". If a person is Saved, then Christ is inside of us. the complete opposite of what you love to tell us.

In Christ....there is forgiveness of sins through the precious blood of Jesus.....

I am sorry, but this statement has to be the dumbest that you have ever made.look at what you are saying and hopefully you will see what I see and that is a BIG CONTRADICTION.LOL

this foolishness or yours can stop at any time. you never acted like this for many years until this "newbie "came on board.

Location hidden

#422817 Feb 15, 2013
659 634
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats your point Oxbow why did you feel the need to post this to me.
My post is in full agreement with the SBC statement of faith.
SBC believes Jesus is Fully God and Eternal.
II. God
There is one and only one living and true God. He is an intelligent, spiritual, and personal Being, the Creator, Redeemer, Preserver, and Ruler of the universe. God is infinite in holiness and all other perfections. God is all powerful and all knowing; and His perfect knowledge extends to all things, past, present, and future, including the future decisions of His free creatures. To Him we owe the highest love, reverence, and obedience. The eternal triune God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being.
B. God the Son
Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin. He honored the divine law by His personal obedience, and in His substitutionary death on the cross He made provision for the redemption of men from sin. He was raised from the dead with a glorified body and appeared to His disciples as the person who was with them before His crucifixion. He ascended into heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God where He is the One Mediator, fully God, fully man, in whose Person is effected the reconciliation between God and man. He will return in power and glory to judge the world and to consummate His redemptive mission. He now dwells in all believers as the living and ever present Lord.
No misunderstanding...

Your Words: With regards to your first assertion Jesus never said he was God yes he did it is Biblical if you wish to make a proper thread for this let me know and I will be there.

And...you quoted Scripture to support your words...

There is a big difference in saying the Bible teaches Christ said He was God, and Him being fully God...in that, as the Catholics so well put it:

The Incarnation implies three facts:(1) The Divine Person of Jesus Christ; (2) The Human Nature of Jesus Christ; (3) The Hypostatic Union of the Human with the Divine Nature in the Divine Person of Jesus Christ.

And: Jesus Christ, is really and truly God,--i.e. has the nature of God, and is a Divine person. The Divinity of Jesus Christ is established by the Old Testament, by the New Testament and by tradition.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422818 Feb 15, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong wrong wrong if baptism and communion saved Jesus would not have to gave Himself for us.
You have to trust in Him alone. You have to believe this or your not obeying and He won't send you His Spirit.
All this stuff I outlined is in the Bible, Marge. Jesus said all of it.

I trust Him.

Location hidden

#422819 Feb 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, Preston, I like you, too....
I believe that you love the Lord, too....
but the difference between me and You is this. I am like Paul, you are like the men of ephesus, You dont know what it is like to have the holy Ghost in your life since you are not Saved.that water did no more to Save you than the Catholics tap water experience.

all it did was get you wet. that is it.and I am telling you this for your own good.(God told me to let you know that)

Location hidden

#422820 Feb 15, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words you believe in the Catholic creeds, but would not call it such.
Stop trying to put words in my mouth...that is crude.....

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
As a member of a SBC church, I fully agree with their teaching:
Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.

It is clear I am speaking of their teaching on the incarnation of Christ and only the incarnation of Christ..

Location hidden

#422821 Feb 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Since John's baptism in under the Old....we have:
Hebrews 9:15
15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—[[[[[now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.]]]]]
Now that He has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins COMMITTED under the first covenant....
The blood of our precious Savior SAVED them from the bondage of sins COMMITTED under the OLD TESTAMENT....
so you are now saying that people under the Old Covenant were never Saved.

tell that to old moses and lige.lol

THEY MADE IT, YOU GOT IT TO MAKE.

HANK, NOTHING HAS CHANGED, AND YOU SHOULD TELL SABAN THAT. EVEN AT MY ADVANCED AGE, I STILL AINT TO DULL WHEN IT COMES TO THE WORD OF GOD.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422822 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Earlier, you denied that Christ founded the Church with St. Peter as earthly head.
Now, you claim that the Apostles were, in fact, the foundation of the Church.
What happened to change your thinking?
What I claim does not matter it is what the Bible teaches us that matters. The Bible says:

Ephesians 2:20
built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

1 Peter 2:5
you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Peter preached the first sermon and he was the first that taught to the initial 3000 that entered into the church how to do so.

Location hidden

#422823 Feb 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What were the apostles suppose to be for Jesus???
WITNESSES....
And, what were the apostles suppose to wait for???
Luke 24:46-49
46 He told [[[them,]]](APOSTLES)“This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day,
47 [[[[[and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.]]]]]
48 ~~~~~You are witnesses of these things.~~~~~
49 I am going to SEND YOU (APOSTLES) what my Father has PROMISED; but [[[[[stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”]]]]]
Apostles were going to receive the Holy Spirit Baptism....beginning of Acts Chapter 1....apostles have to be WITNESSES.....
Acts 1:8
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my [[[WITNESSES]]] in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Acts 2:2-3
2 Suddenly a sound like the [blowing of a violent wind] came from HEAVEN and filled the whole house where they were sitting.
3 They [[[SAW]]] what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.
Acts 2:4
4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to [SPEAK] in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
The Holy Spirit baptism was one measure of the Holy Spirit given to the apostles, the select few in the upper room, and the House of Cornelius.
Only Christ had the Holy Spirit without measure.
jESUS said to His diciples,"receive ye the Holy Ghost and He breathed on them'

John 20: 22
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

now since that has been settled as to WHEN they received the holy Ghost, you now need to know what this "Power on High"was, dont you? when you find out then, tell me.lol

I can read it and tell you easily. but I aint going to tell you, since you cant understand the Things of God.

and I am a [Witness] to you. I wondered WHY God wanted me to tell you in my last post to you.

Location hidden

#422824 Feb 15, 2013
662 649
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are stating more than is printed in you assertion because at http://www.sbc.net/bfm/bfm2000.asp#ii
Where you copied these verses it is to show he is the God the Son there is no reference that he is or is not God almighty.
However Jesus is God and Jesus is the Christ and Jesus is the Son of God who Created the Heavens and the Earth and all that is found in them. That makes him Almighty as is the Holy Spirit and is the Father as they are all God and there is only one God and God is Almighty.
Just so you know.
There is no cure for it!!!!

"Where you copied these verses it is to show he is the God the Son there is no reference that he is or is not God almighty."

Of course there is no Scripture that teaches Christ is God Almighty...that would be in conflict with Scripture quoted by the SBC that teaches He is the incarnate eternal Son of God, and is not God Almighty... Hello???!!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#422825 Feb 15, 2013
Dan wrote:
Well, Christ was fully man and fully God.
He "created" the beliefs.

New Age wrote:
Sure - but no specific quote by Jesus to indicate this.

Why are you making up things you cannot substantiate?

You've been duped.
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Quote by Jesus" to indicate what?
While you seem to refuse to pay attention to even the simple questions, you are right on cue to try and play dumb with this.

Please stay focussed.

Please post the "quote by Jesus" that has himself calling himself "God".

You are better than this "Dan".

Location hidden

#422826 Feb 15, 2013
and hank, as far as that Power,

ONLY gif and myself can testify to it.you cant.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422827 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
What I claim does not matter it is what the Bible teaches us that matters. The Bible says:
built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.
you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
Peter preached the first sermon and he was the first that taught to the initial 3000 that entered into the church how to do so.
It matters if you make the claim and then counter-claim it, doesn't it?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422828 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
.....and you believe that when the last Apostle drew his last breath, that was that.

Everyone was left to fend for themselves, with no authority to turn to for instruction.

Right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Married in 8,649
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... 16 hr RevKen 1
Bagnasco 'agrees with pope' 22 hr RevKen 2
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Fri KidlatNgayon 65
Obama a hugely impresseda with Pope Francis (Oct '13) Nov 19 truthseeker7 3
Pope Francis' visit to Palestinian refugee camp... (May '14) Nov 19 truthseeker7 2
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Nov 18 QUITTNER Nov19 2014 26

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE