Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,371)

Showing posts 407,401 - 407,420 of512,285
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would I complain to? I'm not even signed up. Every time I log in it wants me to set something up and be a regular or something.
I wouldn't deny people their free speech and if they want to make themselves look like an idiot I step out of the way and let them have at it.
I guess that your topix forum dosnt have [report abuse] on it.huh?

and I dont try and stop people like you joining cults either, since the bible is clear that few will walk on the Way of Holiness
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>so you think that jesus is a liar?
yet you think that peter is right when he tells you to get baptised and you will received the holy ghost without repenting?
I know my experience is readl and I know that your lies are just that lies.
r u the person that tried to get me kicked off? after all, you are teh only newbie and the others have known me for years and this hasnt happened since 08.lol
You just said in an earlier post that you can always prove your words.

Here's the test:
Prove I tried to get you kicked off. You said I did. Prove it.

Then prove the holes in your belly that opened up for the fountains flowing out on your bed that remained dry.

Then prove Peter lied.

Preston, all you have in life that is truly yours is your attitude and your credibility.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
what about Isaiah 22:22
"And I will place on his shoulder the key of the house of David; he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open."
~~~

Compare this Scripture with the above ...

Both SCRIPTURES were/ARE in reference to JESUS.

Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and
==>the government shall be upon his shoulder:<=== and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

The book of Isaiah is a book of Messianic prophecies..

It has nothing to do with the gentile PAGAN Constantian religious society
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that your topix forum dosnt have [report abuse] on it.huh?
and I dont try and stop people like you joining cults either, since the bible is clear that few will walk on the Way of Holiness
I have 'report this post' but I've never touched that button. Why would I? You are NOT a threat. Your attitude stinks and your credibility is shot.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does the translation make?
~~~

TAKE
the KING JAMES translation AND COMPARE IT TO THE VULGATE

and see for yourself.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close...
There is no cure for stupid....
Christ was a Jew...He taught in their synagogues...
What can be more asinine than to think He built a church only for Gentiles (non Jewish) and not for Jewish people!!!!
Think about it....how many Jews attend a Catholic church service!!!!!
FYI: There is no issue with Jews attending Catholic funerals from the perspective of the Catholic Church. However, most Jews will not enter a church due to Jewish law prohibiting participating in religious services of another religion.
~~~

I do not see any reason for you calling me stupid...

It is obvious that you did not comprehend my post.

you are not even on the same subject that I posted about

You need to take time to read a post before you jump to conclusions ..

and attempt to answer it.

Jumping to conclusions is as one.....diving into a swimming pool and getting the sudden revelation ...that it is empty..

It could be very hazardous to your spiritual health.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>so you think that jesus is a liar?
yet you think that peter is right when he tells you to get baptised and you will received the holy ghost without repenting?
I know my experience is readl and I know that your lies are just that lies.
r u the person that tried to get me kicked off? after all, you are teh only newbie and the others have known me for years and this hasnt happened since 08.lol
By the way, Peter never said you could get baptized and receive the Holy Ghost without repenting. And I never would've said he said that. I've posted the Acts 2:38 over and over and over...
If you would only read the verse for yourself Peter doesn't skip over *repent*. It's all in there.

You attitude and credibility is all you have, Preston.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
In Jesus Christ OWN -SPOKEN---EXPRESSED--and STATED words HE said "Upon this rock I will build "MY CHURCH"!!!!!(MATT 16:18
OK-----so it is up to YOU to prove that it is NOT---- HIS CHURCH!!!
Peter ...HIMSELF WROTE ABOUT JESUS..

IN

1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

YOU NEGATE THE SCRIPTURES WRITTEN BY THE ONE WHOM YOU CLAIM IS YOUR LEADER...

YOUR obsession and CONFUSION OF MIND IS OBVIOUS TO ALL...true believers in Jesus Christ the Son of God...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

YOU NOT HONOR ME NOT LOVE ME

evil upon evil liars upon liars

please say who is Creator..

you are man not God
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

nobody going destroy church

church will be stay as aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in billions people

they will be converted on last moment before be to lateeeeeeeeeeeeeee
if??????????
someone left in lifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
what about Isaiah 22:22
"And I will place on his shoulder the key of the house of David; he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and no ne shall open."

~~~

Compare this Scripture with the above ...

Both SCRIPTURES were/ARE in reference to JESUS.

Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and
==>the government shall be upon his shoulder:<=== and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

The book of Isaiah is a book of Messianic prophecies..

~~~~~~~~~
Peter was not/is not of the House/linage of David..

How could Isa 22:22 be referring to Him as the first pope?

Read what the verse says
"And I will place on his shoulder

-->the key of the house of David;<-- he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and no ne shall open."

Jesus was called the son of David

Mar 12:35 And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David?

Mar 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Mar 12:37 David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly.

PETER WAS NEVER CALLED THE SON OF DAVID...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter ...HIMSELF WROTE ABOUT JESUS..

YOU NEGATE THE SCRIPTURES WRITTEN BY THE ONE WHOM YOU CLAIM IS YOUR LEADER...
YOUR obsession and CONFUSION OF MIND IS OBVIOUS TO ALL...true believers in Jesus Christ the Son of God...
AND YOU NEGATE THE SCRIPTURES "SPOKEN" BY THE ONE WHO "IS" THE MESSIAH, THE SON OF GOD, JESUS' OWN, SPOKEN, STATED AND EXPRESSED WORDS!!!!!Your bible only CONTRADICTING Protestant CONFUSION and CHAOS, IS OBVIOUS TO "ALL" true believers and followers of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who worship, proclaim, follow and adhere to HIS TRUE SPOKEN WORDS,-----("IN THE GOSPEL")---- each day, at "Daily Mass" in His One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church, "the Bride of Christ"!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>It is not his church it is satans.the woman who sits on seven hills named after seven different gods.And has changed the ordnance's the laws the sabbath the feast days.and is the evilest church in the world.Teaches nothing but lies.Yahweh takes no part in the evil of the Vatican. But your man made god might....
What has this church done other than lie....and commit sins.
Typical Protestant "distorted reply"! It is interesting how you "conveniently" insert the word (Catholic) into the book of Revelations, where-ever and when-ever "it fits into" your anti-catholic hostile, and vengeful "bible only" heretical beliefs.
The TRUTH of Jesus Christs(biblically and historically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church has, is and will continue to be thee "way, the TRUTH, and the life" despite the Protestant lies, distortions and deceit that have (unsuccessfully attempted to undermine) the Catholic Church, for over 500 years)-----YET-----
THE CHURCH LIVES ON!! and will CONTINUE TO LIVE ON Because Jesus HIMSELF---said it would in Matt 16:13-21
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Protestant "distorted reply"! It is interesting how you "conveniently" insert the word (Catholic) into the book of Revelations, where-ever and when-ever "it fits into" your anti-catholic hostile, and vengeful "bible only" heretical beliefs.
The TRUTH of Jesus Christs(biblically and historically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church has, is and will continue to be thee "way, the TRUTH, and the life" despite the Protestant lies, distortions and deceit that have (unsuccessfully attempted to undermine) the Catholic Church, for over 500 years)-----YET-----
THE CHURCH LIVES ON!! and will CONTINUE TO LIVE ON Because Jesus HIMSELF---said it would in Matt 16:13-21
Percy said you left being Catholic and all.
Some more of his lies.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
AND YOU NEGATE THE SCRIPTURES "SPOKEN" BY !!!Your bible only CONTRADICTING Protestant CONFUSION and CHAOS, IS OBVIOUS TO "ALL" true believers and followers of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who worship, proclaim, follow and adhere to HIS TRUE SPOKEN WORDS,-----("IN THE GOSPEL")---- each day, at "Daily Mass" in His One (and only TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church, "the Bride of Christ"!!
~~~
YOU WROTE

THE ONE WHO "IS" THE MESSIAH, THE SON OF GOD, JESUS' OWN, SPOKEN, STATED AND EXPRESSED WORDS!!

YEP... JESUS SAID

Mat 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter,

--->Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. <---

QUESTION

How could such a person as Jesus described above ...be the rock on which Jesus built His Church?

WHY DO YOU READ YOUR OWN INTERPRETATION INTO MATTHEW 16:17-19..

YET YOU PAY NO MIND TO MATTHEW 16:33....

THE SAME JESUS

that SAID

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

also said

--->Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. <---

Now which one was/is Peter...

the Rock OR satan...

If what you allege is true...He would have to be both...

If we take Matthew 16:17-19 literally according to your interpretation

then we have to also take Matthew 16:33 literally..

You can't take one...in what you claim to be it's context and ignore the other ....
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Why you laying Holy Spirit?

liars from beginning
evil upon evil
liars upon liars
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

we not care

evil upon evil

justice are under evil power
its not justiceeeeeeeeeeeee

who are you that you can claim what is not belong to you..possessor deceiver..find yourself there.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

its open

book start spining with heart
i fi;ll Crown around my head
i listen what say

its open
who can open

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

liars as false justice i don't liked

evil upon evil
corruption upon corruption

wicket can't have holy ticket
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true protestant churches have lots of teachings outside of the Bible. For example the main doctrines such as the trinity and incarnation are based on Catholic creeds.
Of course its about private interpretation. You just dont like to face the facts that you are in rebellion because of your unauthorised traditions and in rebellion with the catholic church.
The Doctrine of the Trinity is 100% biblical. It is accepted by Evangelical Protestant churches on that basis alone. If it were not biblical and only something that came about like the Papacy some 700 years later that can not be defended or justified Biblical texts it would have been rejected by Evangelical Protestants as we Reject the Papacy as it is not found in the Bible let alone the first 700 years of christendom and did not take its full from as it is today till he Great Schism of 11th century.

Those are the Facts

Again no its not about private interpretation, its about Sola Scriptoria only using scripture as the basis for doctrine not man made tradition.

God Bless
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, Peter never said you could get baptized and receive the Holy Ghost without repenting. And I never would've said he said that. I've posted the Acts 2:38 over and over and over...
If you would only read the verse for yourself Peter doesn't skip over *repent*. It's all in there.
You attitude and credibility is all you have, Preston.
Hey Saban fan, the problem is one does not receive the Holy Ghost from water baptism.

John tells us Jesus will baptize us with His Spirit and He is in Heaven, therefore that Baptism(the One that counts) does not come from water but from God only.

Your doctrine is no different than the catholics calling down Jesus to the wafer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 407,401 - 407,420 of512,285
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••