Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,675
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#422709 Feb 15, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>margge thinks that you are a [new christian], little does she know that youa re no chrisitan at all .
in my post to you, I did not name HOJO in particular and here is my post. wanna see a apology for your lie you told about me.
preston
Waverly, OH
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#422594 7 hrs ago
Judged:
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>The Lord Works in Mysterious Ways.......<snicker>
yeah, He even allows satan to do his work unhindered, as you surely know.lol
anyway, topix placed them all back. so I imagine that saban complained. even you wouldnt do that.and [almost all of the catholics have left]. I SEE NO REFERENCE TO HOJO IN THAT REPLY.
Your Nuts if you had kpt up there was another person here who thought the same thing that their post was bein delete only to appear after they had reposted again.
I am pretty sure it is the one you are accussing that it happebed to.
I did not tell a lie about you at all. Yor a false witness and a product of your on imagnation an flash backs.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#422710 Feb 15, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your right,that is why no church can claim to be the true church because he says nothing,just "my church",that's all,so how can the C.C. claim to be "MY CHURCH"? and why do people believe it? when there is nothing to support their claim?
In the OT God renames Abram Abraham. Making him the foundational figure of Judaism. Likewise in the NT Jesus renames Simon, Peter, meaning rock. He says on this rock he will build his church. The "church" is built upon Peter. Hell will not prevail against the church. So its still here after 2000 years. And Peter is given the "keys". Passing on these keys to his successors ensures that teachings are kept the same and the church divinely protected.
truth

Perth, Australia

#422711 Feb 15, 2013
7 billions liars

killer
liked be holy

did they are holy
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#422712 Feb 15, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no reason not to believe him because just like you said, he does share God's truth with us so we know he's been reborn.
You can't it yet.
Go to bed Marge I never said he shared the Truth......lol
truth

Perth, Australia

#422713 Feb 15, 2013
medicina vaccina seed water air
killerssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssss

do you liked be holy killer as holy liar
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooothen

why still program of them exist

did theyh say
proveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
to whommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
cemetery not exist
no why should be
truth

Perth, Australia

#422714 Feb 15, 2013
he or she
did i know you 7th

who give you life

7 billions liars
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422715 Feb 15, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey
do we get saved by doing the commandments hello?
It sounds like you don't believe in Jesus either.
Pray till you receive the Holy Spirit 7th and we will pray for you that He comes to you with Great Power as He IS your LORD.
Marge,

You are so confused about the Holy Spirit and getting saved......

Sorry, but I just had to say that....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422716 Feb 15, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Saban fan, the problem is one does not receive the Holy Ghost from water baptism.
John tells us Jesus will baptize us with His Spirit and He is in Heaven, therefore that Baptism(the One that counts) does not come from water but from God only.
Your doctrine is no different than the catholics calling down Jesus to the wafer.
I guess you DON'T believe God who speaks through the Apostle Peter then, do you Marge???

You want to just pick and choose verses.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422717 Feb 15, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Marge if he was CALLED nd drawn but god do you really think he did not recieve the Holy Spirit as well. The Bible says those who believe repent and are baptised shall recieve the Hoy Ghost. It is also commanded to do water baptism as well.
Right....

"you WILL receive..."
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#422718 Feb 15, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you read John 21:15-17? The whol chapter really. There Jesus instructs Peter to take charge of the church ministry in his place and undertake the role of good shepherd in his place. He gives him the authority to rule his church. Not sure, how else could this passage of scripture be understood?
First how about you read it for the first time.

NO where in the text does it say Jesus instructs Peter to take charge of the Church Ministry you are taking huge liberties and read what you want into the text.

This clearly Jesus forgiving Peter for denying hime three times as he asks Peter three times do you love me.

It is Jesus's bestowing Mercy and restoration on Peter.

Jesus Reinstates Peter

Jn 21:15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter,“Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?”
“Yes, Lord,” he said,“you know that I love you.”
Jesus said,“Feed my lambs.”
Jn 21:16 Again Jesus said,“Simon son of John, do you truly love me?”
He answered,“Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
Jesus said,“Take care of my sheep.”
Jn 21:17 The third time he said to him,“Simon son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time,“Do you love me?” He said,“Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”
Jesus said,“Feed my sheep.
Jn 21:18 I tell you the truth, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.”
Jn 21:19 Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him,“Follow me!”
Jn 21:20 Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them.(This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said,“Lord, who is going to betray you?”)
Jn 21:21 When Peter saw him, he asked,“Lord, what about him?”
Jn 21:22 Jesus answered,“If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.”
Jn 21:23 Because of this, the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said,“If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”
Jn 21:24 This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true.
Jn 21:25 Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written
truth

Perth, Australia

#422719 Feb 15, 2013
god not exist

did Creator have lord
how many lord you have
many many godly lords masters gods this and that

no

your god is not mercifull god
mercy not exist
liars and killers and cemetry exist
truth

Perth, Australia

#422720 Feb 15, 2013
i don't wanted nothing from liars and killers
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo

satanic wicket corupt liars
i don't liked them
not at all
truth

Perth, Australia

#422721 Feb 15, 2013
wicket satanic killers as well liars
jesuschrist blows donkeys

Pittston, PA

#422722 Feb 15, 2013
the nuns at the vatican wipe their butts with the koran---and then the priests eat the pages.
truth

Perth, Australia

#422723 Feb 15, 2013
Why atheist genocide is holy?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422724 Feb 15, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, Peter never said you could get baptized and receive the Holy Ghost without repenting. And I never would've said he said that. I've posted the Acts 2:38 over and over and over...
If you would only read the verse for yourself Peter doesn't skip over *repent*. It's all in there.
You attitude and credibility is all you have, Preston.
Repenting is a command....and, cannot be left out....
truth

Perth, Australia

#422725 Feb 15, 2013
Why atheist formula as vaccine medicine seeds weapens bio nuclear is holy formula..how many they kill?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422726 Feb 15, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Saban fan, the problem is one does not receive the Holy Ghost from water baptism.
John tells us Jesus will baptize us with His Spirit and He is in Heaven, therefore that Baptism(the One that counts) does not come from water but from God only.
Your doctrine is no different than the catholics calling down Jesus to the wafer.
How do you know the Holy Ghost Peter says we receive at baptism is not The Spirit John spoke about?

Could they be one in the same - making both writers correct or are they separate making one of the writers wrong. If they're separate, Paul would also be wrong when he told the Ephesians there is ONE baptism.

The Bible will point us to the truth if we will only use it correctly. "Study to show thyself approved"
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#422727 Feb 15, 2013
jesuschrist blows donkeys wrote:
the nuns at the vatican wipe their butts with the koran---and then the priests eat the pages.
What are you 10.years old.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422728 Feb 15, 2013
Jesus had to be glorified first.....

It was only after Jesus was glorified that He could send the Holy Spirit, and on Pentecost it was declared:

Acts 2:33

33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and ~~~~~has poured out what you now see and hear.~~~~~

NOW SEE AND HEAR....

Go back to the beginning of Acts Chapter 2....

Apostles were BAPTIZED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT"....see and hear.....NO WATER at this type of baptism....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 12 hr Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 14 hr pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... 14 hr PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••