Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,369)

Showing posts 407,361 - 407,380 of511,920
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

lol, looks like topix is tired of Preston presenting the truth as my posts are now being removed.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

did this once.Last Look: Savoring a Private Zion
By Debra B. Darvick
----------
Dog tags. When you get right down to it, the military's dog tag classification forced me to reclaim MY Judaism. In the fall of 1990 things were heating up in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. I'd been an Army captain and a helicopter maintenance test pilot for a decade and received notice that I'd be transferred to the First Cavalry Division which was on alert for the Persian Gulf war. Consequently, I also caught wind of the Department of Defense "dog tag dilemma" vis-á-vis Jewish personnel.

Then as now Jews were forbidden by Saudi law to enter the country. But our Secretary of Defense flat out told the King of Saudi Arabia, "We have Jews in our military. They've trained with their units and they're going. Blink and look the other way." With Kuwait occupied and the Iraqis at his border, King Faud did the practical thing. We shipped out, but there was still the issue of classification.

Normally the dog tags of Jewish servicemen are imprinted with the word "Jewish." But Defense, fearing that this would put Jewish soldiers at further risk should they be captured on Iraqi soil, substituted the classification "Protestant B" on the tags. I didn't like the whole idea of reclassifying Jews as Protestant anything and decided to leave mine alone. I figured if I were captured, it was in God's hands. Changing my tags was tantamount to denying my religion and I couldn't swallow that. In September 1990 1 went off to defend a country I was prohibited from entering. The "Jewish" on my dog tag remained as clear and unmistakable as the American star painted on the hood of every Army truck.

In 1945, more than 4,000 American GIs were imprisoned at Stalag IX-B at Bad Orb, approximately 30 miles northwest of Frankfurt-on-Main. One day the commandant had prisoners assembled in a field. All Jews were ordered to take one step forward. Word ran through the ranks not to move. The non-Jews told their Jewish comrades they would stand with them. The commandant said the Jews would have until six the next morning to identify themselves. The prisoners were told, moreover, that any Jews in the barracks after 24 hours would be show, as would anyone trying to hide or protect them.

American Jewish soldiers had to decide what to do. All had gone into battle with dog tags bearing an “H” for Hebrew. Some had disposed of their IDs when they were captured, others decided to do so after the commandant’s threat. Approximately 130 Jews ultimately came forward. They were segregated and placed in a special barracks. Some 50 noncommissioned officers from the group were taken out of the camp, along with the non-Jewish NCOs.

http://nz.answers.yahoo.com/question/index ...

The official Dog Tag required the following information: Name, Service Number, Date of Tetanus Inoculation, Blood Type, Person to Notify, Religion. US Army Spec No. 34-18, dated 15 February 1939 called for production of a thin metal copper-nickel alloy identification tag (i.e. Monel). http://www.med-dept.com/dog_tags.php
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

kicked me off as atemcowboy 2.lol
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
When you stop dodging and address my words regarding my nomination that was quoted....get back to me...
The bible the conflicting book of confusion.

Today 42,001 different christian beliefs, all claiming to use the exact same INSPIRED WORDS OF GOD, to prove their own conflicting doctrines.(lol)

The virgin birth story, the miracle stories, the crucifixion, supposedly all witnessed by tens of thousands, and this man loved by all, yet no one during this era thought this man important enough to write about until long after he died. UNBELIEVABLE!

The only people who wrote about miracle man Jesus and all the characters were whoever pieced the bible together, because no one else in the entire MEDITERANEAN ever claimed to have known of this man.

The first christians consisted of dozens of sects, and cults and beliefs, FOR 300 LONG YEARS claimed that their leader was a spirit only and had no physical existence prior. So much for upon this rock story by a human Jesus.

BUSTED!

preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
Wasamatter Preston? Why are you not showing examples???? If you want...I can help you....if you are having difficulties fulfilling my request!!!!....
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, guess that you ahve never worn a set of 'dog tags' since they have your religion stamped on them and the govt wouldnt know what religion that you were if you didnt tell them when youw went in.
during the ww2,and the 1st iraqi war, the jewish soldiers were asked if they would like to change theirs in case they were captured. this is a fact.
dumb ox fits you perfectly
---
Mah words:
You don't have to forever prove it....we already know!!!!
Give me examples of religions stamped on dog tags....
topix is deleting them as fas as I can place them on here but one post is right about this reply of your showing that I am right and you are WRONG.

did this once.Last Look: Savoring a Private Zion
By Debra B. Darvick
----------
Dog tags. When you get right down to it, the military's dog tag classification forced me to reclaim MY Judaism. In the fall of 1990 things were heating up in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. I'd been an Army captain and a helicopter maintenance test pilot for a decade and received notice that I'd be transferred to the First Cavalry Division which was on alert for the Persian Gulf war. Consequently, I also caught wind of the Department of Defense "dog tag dilemma" vis-á-vis Jewish personnel.

Then as now Jews were forbidden by Saudi law to enter the country. But our Secretary of Defense flat out told the King of Saudi Arabia, "We have Jews in our military. They've trained with their units and they're going. Blink and look the other way." With Kuwait occupied and the Iraqis at his border, King Faud did the practical thing. We shipped out, but there was still the issue of classification.

Normally the dog tags of Jewish servicemen are imprinted with the word "Jewish." But Defense, fearing that this would put Jewish soldiers at further risk should they be captured on Iraqi soil, substituted the classification "Protestant B" on the tags. I didn't like the whole idea of reclassifying Jews as Protestant anything and decided to leave mine alone. I figured if I were captured, it was in God's hands. Changing my tags was tantamount to denying my religion and I couldn't swallow that. In September 1990 1 went off to defend a country I was prohibited from entering. The "Jewish" on my dog tag remained as clear and unmistakable as the American star painted on the hood of every Army truck.

In 1945, more than 4,000 American GIs were imprisoned at Stalag IX-B at Bad Orb, approximately 30 miles northwest of Frankfurt-on-Main. One day the commandant had prisoners assembled in a field. All Jews were ordered to take one step forward. Word ran through the ranks not to move. The non-Jews told their Jewish comrades they would stand with them. The commandant said the Jews would have until six the next morning to identify themselves. The prisoners were told, moreover, that any Jews in the barracks after 24 hours would be show, as would anyone trying to hide or protect them.

American Jewish soldiers had to decide what to do. All had gone into battle with dog tags bearing an “H” for Hebrew. Some had disposed of their IDs when they were captured, others decided to do so after the commandant’s threat. Approximately 130 Jews ultimately came forward. They were segregated and placed in a special barracks. Some 50 noncommissioned officers from the group were taken out of the camp, along with the non-Jewish NCOs.

http://nz.answers.yahoo.com/question/index ...

The official Dog Tag required the following information: Name, Service Number, Date of Tetanus Inoculation, Blood Type, Person to Notify, Religion. US Army Spec No. 34-18, dated 15 February 1939 called for production of a thin metal copper-nickel alloy identification tag (i.e. Monel). http://www.med-dept.com/dog_tags.php
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

hey topix!!!
all that I do is post the TRUTH. NO CUSS WORDS AS HAS BEEN SAID TO ME.SO LIGHTEN UP ON ME.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

THIS THREAD HAS MORPHED INTO A BUNCH OF PEOPLE WHO WISH TO POST FALSE DOCRINES AND WHEN CALLED ON THEM, THEY RUN TO TOPIX AND HIDE.

shame, but it is to be expected of the workers of inequity[for topix so they dont think this is a bad word].

Definition of inequity (n)
bing.com · Bing Dictionary
in·eq·ui·ty [ in ékwetee ] 1.unfair treatment: lack of fairness or justice
2.unfair situation or action: a situation or action that is not fair
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
kicked me off as atemcowboy 2.lol
thought maybe I would have to pull a gif and make a new profile.

or maybe shake the dust off of my feet and leave this forum to the devil worshippers

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

557 552
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not dodging anything. You were taught to believe through family INDOCTRINATION what is written in the bible as fact. Yet it is only a belief otherwise it would be stated as a fact.
The first 300 long years of christianity and it was all over the map. So much for upon this rock. There were dozens of christians sects, cults, and beliefs each group with their own seperate sets of beliefs, rules, regulations fighting with each other burning down each others places of worship and most of them ONLY believing that their leader was a spirit only and never existed as a human.
If it wasn't for Constantine and his manpower to strong arm the weakest christian groups, official catholicism would have never got off the ground, and today, if it wasn't for family hand me down INDOCTRINATION christianity would probably have died out like all the man/god beliefs that came before.
I was raised a catholic, and soon believed that much of what was written, made no common sense, and today after 2,000 long years only 17% of the world is catholic, and what 4% and 42,000 protestant beliefs.
Christianity claims the OT and the NT form the bible. Yet christians disagree with so much of the OT yet it forms their religion....UNBELIEVABLE!
You are dodging....what you are saying has nothing to do with:

There is no cure for stupid....

Christ was a Jew...He taught in their synagogues...

What can be more asinine than to think He built a church only for Gentiles (non Jewish) and not for Jewish people!!!!

Think about it....how many Jews attend a Catholic church service!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

551 557
preston wrote:
<quoted text>In 1945, more than 4,000 otify, Religion. US Army Spec No. 34-18, dated 15 February 1939 called for production of a thin metal copper-nickel alloy identification tag (i.e. Monel).http://www.med-dept.com /dog_tags.php
Last Look: Savoring a Private Zion
By Debra B. Darvick
----------
http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb...
IS THAT ENOUGH [EXAMPLES ] TO CONVINCE EVEN A DUMB OX LIKE YOU?
Edited for space....

You are correct on one count....Jewish. Permit me...

This list is for the abbreviations for Dog Tags.
U.S. Army's Religious Requirements and Practices of Certain Selected Groups: A Handbook for Chaplains

Anglican .....…………… ACC
Atheist, Agnostic, or no religion .. NRE
Baptist .......... BAPT
Christian Science .......... CS
Greek Catholic .......... GC
Greek Orthodox .......... GO
Jewish .......... JEW
Latter-Day Saints .......……. LDS
Lutheran .......... LUTH
Muslim .......... MUS
New Apostolic Church .......... NAC
Other Protestant Denomination OPD
Pentecostal .......... PENT
Presbyterian .......... PRES
Roman Catholic .......... RC
Salvation Army .......... SA
Unitarian Universalist .......... UNI
United Church ..........UCC

Show me where any tags had/have "Protestantism" on them....
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
557 552
<quoted text>
You are dodging....what you are saying has nothing to do with:
There is no cure for stupid....
yeah, you got that, and penicillium wont help your problem.

wanna admit that you were clueless about service [dog tags] not listing a persons religion on them?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I can always prove my words unlike you.lol
and the person that gave you a heart is as stupid as you are.lol
ever since the civil war, soldiers have worn id markings to help id them if they are killed.
in Vietnam, it was customary to wear one around your neck and the other on a boot lace. ask any vet.and in some units, the tags were taped so they wouldnt rattle.
I am aware of the requirement to wear dog tags....that is not the issue...

I asked you for examples of religions on these tags...so far all I got is a lot of BS and one religion "Jewish"...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

565 527 440
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question, so you diverted.
I understand.....you can't claim any special denomination.
You are Protestant - live with the rules.
Ah am waiting!!!!

Show me a Marriage License or Certificate that shows "Protestantism" as a person's religion...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

567 551 440
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Baptist / Other"
http://www.bing.com/images/search...
a simple google search of images, would've come up with it.
U.S. Army's Religious Requirements and Practices of Certain Selected Groups: A Handbook for Chaplains

Anglican .....…………… ACC
Baptist .......... BAPT
Jewish .......... JEW
Lutheran .......... LUTH
Muslim .......... MUS

There is no dog tags marked "Protestantism"....w hy??? Because that is not a religion!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible the conflicting book of confusion.
Today 42,001 different christian beliefs, all claiming to use the exact same INSPIRED WORDS OF GOD, to prove their own conflicting doctrines.(lol)
The virgin birth story, the miracle stories, the crucifixion, supposedly all witnessed by tens of thousands, and this man loved by all, yet no one during this era thought this man important enough to write about until long after he died. UNBELIEVABLE!
The only people who wrote about miracle man Jesus and all the characters were whoever pieced the bible together, because no one else in the entire MEDITERANEAN ever claimed to have known of this man.
The first christians consisted of dozens of sects, and cults and beliefs, FOR 300 LONG YEARS claimed that their leader was a spirit only and had no physical existence prior. So much for upon this rock story by a human Jesus.
BUSTED!

When you stop dodging and address my words regarding my nomination that was quoted....get back to me...
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
551 557
<quoted text>
Edited for space....
You are correct on one count....Jewish. Permit me...
Anglican .....…………… ACC
Baptist .......... BAPT
Jewish .......... JEW
Lutheran .......... LUTH
Muslim .......... MUS
Show me where any tags had/have "Protestantism" on them....
look again at what I posted and the link.

The official Dog Tag required the following information: Name, Service Number, Date of Tetanus Inoculation, Blood Type, Person to Notify,

[[[[Religion.]]]]does that give you a clue?lol

US Army Spec No. 34-18, dated 15 February 1939

now look again from another link.

With Kuwait occupied and the Iraqis at his border, King Fahd did the practical thing. We shipped out, but there was still the issue of classification. Normally the dog tags of Jewish servicemen are imprinted with the word “Jewish.” But Defense, fearing that this would put Jewish soldiers at further risk should they be captured on Iraqi soil, substituted

[[[the classification “Protestant B” on the tags]]]

. I didn’t like the whole idea of classifying Jews as Protestant-anything, and so I decided to leave my dog tag alone. I figured if I were captured, it was in G&#8209;d’s hands. Changing my tags was tantamount to denying my religion, and I couldn’t swallow that.

MORE;Answer from ChicagoTRS 2 people found this helpful What is on a US military dog tag...
I am looking at one right now...

LAST NAME,

FIRST NAME MI.

SSN BRANCHOFSERVICE BLOODTYPE

RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION

Example:

SMITH,(could have JR or SR or other designation after the comma)

JOHN J.

123456789USN A NEG (no space between SSN and Branch)

(blank)

RC (the religious designation is in the bottom left corner)

The above format is the current US NAVY, they have different formats depending on the era and branch of service.

Here is a picture of the current Army format:

The below web site has examples of all of the different Army formats used.

http://www.armydogtags.com/a_dogtag.php

THIS LINK ALSO SHOWS A PICTURE OF DOG TAGS.http://askville.amazon.co m/military-Dog-Tag/AnswerViewe r.do?requestId=20519050 BUT EVEN THAT WONT CONVINCE A OX THAT THINKS HE KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT ALL THINGS.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, you got that, and penicillium wont help your problem.
wanna admit that you were clueless about service [dog tags] not listing a persons religion on them?
As I said...we already know...your problem is incurable...

Proof that you are.....you missed the mark by only 180 degrees!!!!!

I never...once...said...insinuat ed...suggested..etc etc...that military dog tags do not show the religion of the person wearing same..

I have said, will say, that no military dog tag show "Protestantism"...be cause that is not a religion....
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
lol, looks like topix is tired of Preston presenting the truth as my posts are now being removed.
Tell another one.......lol
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
hey topix!!!
all that I do is post the TRUTH. NO CUSS WORDS AS HAS BEEN SAID TO ME.SO LIGHTEN UP ON ME.
The Lord Works in Mysterious Ways.......<snicker>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Doctrinally Baptists Are Not Protestants

The viewpoint that Baptists share common doctrinal ground with Protestant groups is not an accurate reporting of the facts. There are six striking differences.

Baptists believe with all their hearts that God's Word alone is sufficient for faith and practice. We read "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine..." (II Timothy 3:16). Various Protestant denominations have creeds, catechisms and assorted doctrinal standards. Baptists hold to the Bible alone.

Baptists believe that Christ and only Christ is the Head of the Church even as the Scripture says, "Christ is the head of the church" (Ephesians 5:23). There is no man who has the oversight of Baptist churches. Baptists have no denomination in the sense of an organization that controls local congregations. Each local church is autonomous and accountable only to Christ, who is its Head. A Baptist church, while fellowshipping with congregations of like faith and practice, has no earthly headquarters. Its headquarters is in Heaven.

Baptists believe from their hearts in a free church in a free state. Christ plainly taught that the state and the church each had its own realm when he said, "Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things which are God's" (Matthew 22:21 ). Baptists are vigorously opposed to union of state and church and believe that a state controlled church is a wretched excuse for Christianity and a plain departure from Scripture. All of the Protestant Reformers fastened state churches upon their followers.

Baptists believe strongly in individual accountability to God because the Scriptures clearly teach that "every one of us shall give account of himself to God" (Romans 14:12). A priest cannot answer for you, a church cannot answer for you to God. God-parents cannot answer for you. No one is saved because of what his parents believe. No one is ,saved because of his identification with any religion. He will account for himself to God. Protestants .generally do not hold this scriptural doctrine.

Baptist people furthermore have always held to believers' baptism. None of the Protestant Reformers held this Bible teaching. In the Scriptures, faith and repentance always preceded baptism. On the day of Pentecost Peter plainly told the people, "Repent and be baptized" (Acts 2:38). This obviously means that there is no infant baptism since infants are incapable of repenting. No unbelievers are to be baptized. The Reformers followed Rome in their teaching on baptism. Baptists have held steadfastly to the doctrine of Christ and His Apostles on this point.

Baptists, on the basis of Scripture, have always held to a regenerate church membership; that is, a membership that is made up only of people who give a credible profession of faith in Christ. In the apostolic church, only those who became believers, those who received the Word of God and who had repented of their sins, were baptized and received as church members (Acts 2:41). There was no automatic or formalistic membership in apostolic churches nor in Baptist churches today.

From the review of these simple points it is more than clear that doctrinally Baptists are not Protestants.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 407,361 - 407,380 of511,920
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••