Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 551,009
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
marge

Ames, IA

#422642 Feb 14, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Marge if he was CALLED nd drawn but god do you really think he did not recieve the Holy Spirit as well. The Bible says those who believe repent and are baptised shall recieve the Hoy Ghost. It is also commanded to do water baptism as well.
Hey

do we get saved by doing the commandments hello?

It sounds like you don't believe in Jesus either.

Pray till you receive the Holy Spirit 7th and we will pray for you that He comes to you with Great Power as He IS your LORD.
truth

Perth, Australia

#422643 Feb 14, 2013
Are you remember what i say..Sahara will be full of water?
Its mean continents will be start remove..if i need!

be good

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#422644 Feb 14, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your Not saved?
How can you sleep or worship with hatred for a brother in your heart?
I questioned you with the filth you posted but thought you were a new christian and when rebuked you would have repented and seen your wrong.
I pray you are a new christian.
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
truth

Perth, Australia

#422645 Feb 14, 2013
3x heaven
heaven=nevaeh=do you liked peter cross
he day for you

if i need remove
i will remove you all
no its not me to say

nowwwwwwwwwwww
be good

Location hidden

#422646 Feb 14, 2013
<quoted text>Marge if he was CALLED nd drawn but god do you really think he did not recieve the Holy Spirit as well. The Bible says those who believe repent and are baptised shall recieve the Hoy Ghost. It is also commanded to do water baptism as well.
I would not put any stock in what marge says...she says she is a minister....she might be of the religion that appoints homosexuals (whom God gave up to a reprobate mind) as their bishop!!!!!

Location hidden

#422647 Feb 14, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader
This forum is to debate the merits of the assertion that the RCC is the one true church.
If you wish to go to the Christianity forum and debate the above I would be glad to you would be easy pickens.
However over the years all I have seen you do here is try to stir the poo poo.
With regards to your first assertion Jesus never said he was God yes he did it is Biblical if you wish to make a proper thread for this let me know and I will be there.
For Now let me show you are a biblical dumb dumb.
Exodus 3:14 (NASB95)
14 God said to Moses,“I AM WHO I AM”; and He said,“Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel,‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
John 8:58 (NASB95)
58 Jesus said to them,“Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.” you can not say it any clearer Jesus clearly says he is the I AM the name God gave himself in the OT.
Who did John say Jesus was
Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jn 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
Jn 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Jn 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
Jn 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
Jn 1:6 There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John.
Jn 1:7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe.
Jn 1:8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
Jn 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
Jn 1:11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
Jn 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—
Jn 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Who did Paul say Jesus was
Colossians 2:9 (NASB95)
9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,
I, as a member of a SBC church, fully agree with the following Catholic teaching:

Christ, Jesus - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race teaching.
marge

Ames, IA

#422648 Feb 14, 2013
<quoted text>If you believe a hole opened up in his belly and literal water come out you are more ignorant of scripture than I thought.
Do you find anywhere in scripture that being a case of recieving the the Holy Spirit. The Living Water id the Spirit of Truth and that is what will proceed out the belly and heart/mind. His Holy Word washed away the old man and renews the mind guided by the Holy SPirit.

I have no reason not to believe him because just like you said, he does share God's truth with us so we know he's been reborn.

You can't it yet.

Location hidden

#422649 Feb 14, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader
This forum is to debate the merits of the assertion that the RCC is the one true church.
If you wish to go to the Christianity forum and debate the above I would be glad to you would be easy pickens.
However over the years all I have seen you do here is try to stir the poo poo.
With regards to your first assertion Jesus never said he was God yes he did it is Biblical if you wish to make a proper thread for this let me know and I will be there.
For Now let me show you are a biblical dumb dumb.
Exodus 3:14 (NASB95)
14 God said to Moses,“I AM WHO I AM”; and He said,“Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel,‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
John 8:58 (NASB95)
58 Jesus said to them,“Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.” you can not say it any clearer Jesus clearly says he is the I AM the name God gave himself in the OT.
Who did John say Jesus was
Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jn 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
Jn 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Jn 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
Jn 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
Jn 1:6 There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John.
Jn 1:7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe.
Jn 1:8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
Jn 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
Jn 1:11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
Jn 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—
Jn 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Who did Paul say Jesus was
Colossians 2:9 (NASB95)
9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,
As a member of a SBC church, I fully agree with their teaching:

Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
marge

Ames, IA

#422650 Feb 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
I'm a mom.

Location hidden

#422651 Feb 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
The SBC quotes the following as the source of their teaching that Christ is the Son of God...not God Almighty....

Genesis 18:1ff.; Psalms 2:7ff.; 110:1ff.; Isaiah 7:14; 53; Matthew 1:18-23; 3:17; 8:29; 11:27; 14:33; 16:16,27; 17:5; 27; 28:1-6,19; Mark 1:1; 3:11; Luke 1:35; 4:41; 22:70; 24:46; John 1:1-18,29; 10:30,38; 11:25-27; 12:44-50; 14:7-11; 16:15-16,28; 17:1-5, 21-22; 20:1-20,28; Acts 1:9; 2:22-24; 7:55-56; 9:4-5,20; Romans 1:3-4; 3:23-26; 5:6-21; 8:1-3,34; 10:4; 1 Corinthians 1:30; 2:2; 8:6; 15:1-8,24-28; 2 Corinthians 5:19-21; 8:9; Galatians 4:4-5; Ephesians 1:20; 3:11; 4:7-10; Philippians 2:5-11; Colossians 1:13-22; 2:9; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18; 1 Timothy 2:5-6; 3:16; Titus 2:13-14; Hebrews 1:1-3; 4:14-15; 7:14-28; 9:12-15,24-28; 12:2; 13:8; 1 Peter 2:21-25; 3:22; 1 John 1:7-9; 3:2; 4:14-15; 5:9; 2 John 7-9; Revelation 1:13-16; 5:9-14; 12:10-11; 13:8; 19:16.
truth

Perth, Australia

#422652 Feb 14, 2013
they will come in my name

its not me

you not honor me
not love me

not at all

see

i am as i am

you are not meeeeeeeeeee
no

Location hidden

#422653 Feb 14, 2013
650 631
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a mom.
Most women are....

Southern Baptists believe the place to begin in this, as in all doctrinal questions, is to ask, "What does the Bible say?"

Even a cursory reading of the pertinent texts prompts three important observations: 1) there were no known women pastors in New Testament times; 2) none of the instructions regarding church order include instructions for women pastors; and 3) some texts on church order explicitly forbid women to occupy that role.

In 1 Timothy 2:12, written with the specific purpose of regulating the office of pastor and the orderly function of the churches, Paul writes, "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man" (NIV). Paul does not expect that women will not or cannot learn or teach (compare with Titus 2:3-5 and 2 Tim. 1:5; 3:14,15). He concludes women cannot have a pastoral position, or perform the pastoral function, for that puts them in authority over men in the life of the church.
truth

Perth, Australia

#422654 Feb 14, 2013
How many times you been man how many time woman?..transfiguration
JA TI POMAZEN DA ZNADES
meaning trans-figure=transfiguration.
truth

Perth, Australia

#422655 Feb 14, 2013
crown=life
cro w n
cro-language
trans-figure
pomazem ti da znades
truth

Perth, Australia

#422656 Feb 15, 2013
if i need i will remove you all
commandments
liars
on which law you call
did law exist
for what and to whom

me not

but

if i need i remove you all

its ok
its good like that

did you judge m,e

you judge yourself
truth

Perth, Australia

#422657 Feb 15, 2013
did god is mercifull
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#422658 Feb 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Southern Baptists believe the place to begin in this, as in all doctrinal questions, is to ask, "What does the Bible say?"
Even a cursory reading of the pertinent texts prompts three important observations: 1) there were no known women pastors in New Testament times; 2) none of the instructions regarding church order include instructions for women pastors; and 3) some texts on church order explicitly forbid women to occupy that role.
I have noticed that Bible only Christians do seem to be inconsistent in their views about women priests. They insist that we should all take the Bible alone in all matters, but at the same time attend churches who ordain women pastors which appears to contravene what is written about in the Bible. Just pointing out the inconsistency there.
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#422659 Feb 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I, as a member of a SBC church, fully agree with the following Catholic teaching:
Christ, Jesus - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race teaching.
Whats your point Oxbow why did you feel the need to post this to me.

My post is in full agreement with the SBC statement of faith.

SBC believes Jesus is Fully God and Eternal.

II. God

There is one and only one living and true God. He is an intelligent, spiritual, and personal Being, the Creator, Redeemer, Preserver, and Ruler of the universe. God is infinite in holiness and all other perfections. God is all powerful and all knowing; and His perfect knowledge extends to all things, past, present, and future, including the future decisions of His free creatures. To Him we owe the highest love, reverence, and obedience. The eternal triune God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being.

B. God the Son

Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin. He honored the divine law by His personal obedience, and in His substitutionary death on the cross He made provision for the redemption of men from sin. He was raised from the dead with a glorified body and appeared to His disciples as the person who was with them before His crucifixion. He ascended into heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God where He is the One Mediator, fully God, fully man, in whose Person is effected the reconciliation between God and man. He will return in power and glory to judge the world and to consummate His redemptive mission. He now dwells in all believers as the living and ever present Lord.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#422660 Feb 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words you believe in the Catholic creeds, but would not call it such.
truth

Perth, Australia

#422661 Feb 15, 2013
juustice is only for them in power for others not
justice is justice

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... 49 min doug 24
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 11 hr Mr Sir 8,541
Voices: In Cuba, a new church, a ray of hope Thu Dan Winchester 3
Pope pushes back at creationists Thu SpaceBlues 1
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Wed ELIAS IBARRA 47
Pope condemns gay equality laws (Feb '10) Oct 29 kent 70
German Bishop: Gays a Condemned to Hella (Jun '10) Oct 29 tonyintoronto 65

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE