Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
407,301 - 407,320 of 532,718 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true protestant churches have lots of teachings outside of the Bible. For example the main doctrines such as the trinity and incarnation are based on Catholic creeds.
Of course its about private interpretation. You just dont like to face the facts that you are in rebellion because of your unauthorised traditions and in rebellion with the catholic church.
The Doctrine of the Trinity is 100% biblical. It is accepted by Evangelical Protestant churches on that basis alone. If it were not biblical and only something that came about like the Papacy some 700 years later that can not be defended or justified Biblical texts it would have been rejected by Evangelical Protestants as we Reject the Papacy as it is not found in the Bible let alone the first 700 years of christendom and did not take its full from as it is today till he Great Schism of 11th century.

Those are the Facts

Again no its not about private interpretation, its about Sola Scriptoria only using scripture as the basis for doctrine not man made tradition.

God Bless
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, Peter never said you could get baptized and receive the Holy Ghost without repenting. And I never would've said he said that. I've posted the Acts 2:38 over and over and over...
If you would only read the verse for yourself Peter doesn't skip over *repent*. It's all in there.
You attitude and credibility is all you have, Preston.
Hey Saban fan, the problem is one does not receive the Holy Ghost from water baptism.

John tells us Jesus will baptize us with His Spirit and He is in Heaven, therefore that Baptism(the One that counts) does not come from water but from God only.

Your doctrine is no different than the catholics calling down Jesus to the wafer.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

we not care what you say not at all

we know they going into pit.

now

i am as i am
i never care to much what other think or say not at all..
ucen u ljubavi skucen
ucen=diploma scribe Pharisee

ljubav=love

you can't serve to many masters
how many Gods you have
don't have another God before me
even if you suffer
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Percy said you left being Catholic and all.
Some more of his lies.
Then your Not saved?

How can you sleep or worship with hatred for a brother in your heart?

I questioned you with the filth you posted but thought you were a new christian and when rebuked you would have repented and seen your wrong.

I pray you are a new christian.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

because he don't have nothing with real Creator
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Saban fan, the problem is one does not receive the Holy Ghost from water baptism.
John tells us Jesus will baptize us with His Spirit and He is in Heaven, therefore that Baptism(the One that counts) does not come from water but from God only.
Your doctrine is no different than the catholics calling down Jesus to the wafer.
Marge if he was CALLED nd drawn but god do you really think he did not recieve the Holy Spirit as well. The Bible says those who believe repent and are baptised shall recieve the Hoy Ghost. It is also commanded to do water baptism as well.
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never called himself "God" - why should so-called "Christians"?
<quoted text>
Speculation. Could be plausible to say that this was an alien abduction witness by others?
What proof outside the Bible that shows that this is possible?
<quoted text>
Self.
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
The "gospel" is Jesus stating that the Spirit lives on after we die.
The belief you stated was defined in or about 325 CE by men, not by Jesus or "God".
<quoted text>
....and according to this ancient text - "God" was a mistake.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...
<quoted text>
Only in the minds of men.
Self.
<quoted text>
History has recorded many virgin births, Jesus was just one.
Do you believe Mithras was born of the virgin Isis? You should, as he was a "savior" as well.
What about Krishna, which was another virgin birth?
Are you saying that Jesus was the only legitimate one?
How do you know?
BTW - Self is where you are now in your thinking.
<quoted text>
Unfounded Christianity. Who would have thought.
Good job with pointing out the many faults in Christianity.
New Age Spiritual Leader

This forum is to debate the merits of the assertion that the RCC is the one true church.

If you wish to go to the Christianity forum and debate the above I would be glad to you would be easy pickens.

However over the years all I have seen you do here is try to stir the poo poo.

With regards to your first assertion Jesus never said he was God yes he did it is Biblical if you wish to make a proper thread for this let me know and I will be there.

For Now let me show you are a biblical dumb dumb.

Exodus 3:14 (NASB95)
14 God said to Moses,“I AM WHO I AM”; and He said,“Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel,‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

John 8:58 (NASB95)
58 Jesus said to them,“Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.” you can not say it any clearer Jesus clearly says he is the I AM the name God gave himself in the OT.

Who did John say Jesus was

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jn 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
Jn 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Jn 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
Jn 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
Jn 1:6 There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John.
Jn 1:7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe.
Jn 1:8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
Jn 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
Jn 1:11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
Jn 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—
Jn 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Who did Paul say Jesus was

Colossians 2:9 (NASB95)
9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your Not saved?
I questioned you with the filth you posted but thought you were a new christian and when rebuked you would have repented and seen your wrong.
If you believe a hole opened up in his belly and literal water come out you are more ignorant of scripture than I thought.
Do you find anywhere in scripture that being a case of recieving the the Holy Spirit. The Living Water id the Spirit of Truth and that is what will proceed out the belly and heart/mind. His Holy Word washed away the old man and renews the mind guided by the Holy SPirit.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter ...HIMSELF WROTE ABOUT JESUS..
IN
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
YOU NEGATE THE SCRIPTURES WRITTEN BY THE ONE WHOM YOU CLAIM IS YOUR LEADER...
YOUR obsession and CONFUSION OF MIND IS OBVIOUS TO ALL...true believers in Jesus Christ the Son of God...
We read aloud Joshua, Judges, 1 Samuel and part of Samuel 2 just this month.

God so wanted a relationship with His people but they wanted and thought they needed a man to lead them and that has continued to this day.

Even with having the New Covenant for 2000 years they still don't understand the freedom one has Serving God Alone through Jesus.

Love and blessings to you and Kay Marie
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Every spirit is not holy.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, I know what game you are playing which is all that you can do, now take your ball and go home you big baby.
No game....just proving the stupidity in these words:

527 440

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Because the RCC is a later creation of men.
Just like your belief in Protestantism - created by men.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

every seed is not real holy seed
weed seed is pro-death

are you
pro-life
or
pro-death

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I do not see any reason for you calling me stupid...
It is obvious that you did not comprehend my post.
you are not even on the same subject that I posted about
You need to take time to read a post before you jump to conclusions ..
and attempt to answer it.
Jumping to conclusions is as one.....diving into a swimming pool and getting the sudden revelation ...that it is empty..
It could be very hazardous to your spiritual health.
Your post was in support of:

440 jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>HOJO:One True Church which began at Antioch..JETHRO:read the history of the church of antioch

YOU read it!! TRUE, authenticated and verifiable Apostolic Church History by the Apologist Historian writers from (both Catholic and Protestant.---They overwhelmingly agree that Jesus Christ established ONE UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH beginning with the Church at Antioch. Paul letters to the Churches in Ephesis, Corinth, Galatia, Thessalonica, and on and on, confirm this, over and over agin. The fact is that your anti-catholic "hear-say" history books of legends are just plain "made up", distorted and in denial of the truth of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY....... Your, "imaginative" history myths belong in the library section of "fictitious Protestant stories"!
----

And my response was and still is:
462 440

Not even close...
There is no cure for stupid....
Christ was a Jew...He taught in their synagogues...

What can be more asinine than to think He built a church only for Gentiles (non Jewish) and not for Jewish people!!!!

Think about it....how many Jews attend a Catholic church service!!!!!

FYI: There is no issue with Jews attending Catholic funerals from the perspective of the Catholic Church. However, most Jews will not enter a church due to Jewish law prohibiting participating in religious services of another religion.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

calling stupid
how explain
Apostol Paul explain stupid words
they waith messiah
greek wise
but who love god
then
god stupidity is bigest then what?

tail=repa
oj repo repava
jesi sepava
sepav=udovi
neko ko sepa

o emire
o nemire
see two opose each other
now
arab bare pare repa=tail tale tele =cow=woctele=napij se
voch vochi vochi=napij se tele=cow
under spell
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Marge if he was CALLED nd drawn but god do you really think he did not recieve the Holy Spirit as well. The Bible says those who believe repent and are baptised shall recieve the Hoy Ghost. It is also commanded to do water baptism as well.
Hey

do we get saved by doing the commandments hello?

It sounds like you don't believe in Jesus either.

Pray till you receive the Holy Spirit 7th and we will pray for you that He comes to you with Great Power as He IS your LORD.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Are you remember what i say..Sahara will be full of water?
Its mean continents will be start remove..if i need!

be good

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your Not saved?
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

3x heaven
heaven=nevaeh=do you liked peter cross
he day for you

if i need remove
i will remove you all
no its not me to say

nowwwwwwwwwwww
be good

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Marge if he was CALLED nd drawn but god do you really think he did not recieve the Holy Spirit as well. The Bible says those who believe repent and are baptised shall recieve the Hoy Ghost. It is also commanded to do water baptism as well.
I would not put any stock in what marge says...she says she is a minister....she might be of the religion that appoints homosexuals (whom God gave up to a reprobate mind) as their bishop!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader
This forum is to debate the merits of the assertion that the RCC is the one true church.
If you wish to go to the Christianity forum and debate the above I would be glad to you would be easy pickens.
However over the years all I have seen you do here is try to stir the poo poo.
With regards to your first assertion Jesus never said he was God yes he did it is Biblical if you wish to make a proper thread for this let me know and I will be there.
For Now let me show you are a biblical dumb dumb.
Exodus 3:14 (NASB95)
14 God said to Moses,“I AM WHO I AM”; and He said,“Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel,‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
John 8:58 (NASB95)
58 Jesus said to them,“Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.” you can not say it any clearer Jesus clearly says he is the I AM the name God gave himself in the OT.
Who did John say Jesus was
Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jn 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
Jn 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Jn 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
Jn 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
Jn 1:6 There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John.
Jn 1:7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe.
Jn 1:8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
Jn 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
Jn 1:11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
Jn 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—
Jn 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Who did Paul say Jesus was
Colossians 2:9 (NASB95)
9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,
I, as a member of a SBC church, fully agree with the following Catholic teaching:

Christ, Jesus - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race teaching.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 min Scales Off 8,140
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••