Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,363)

Showing posts 407,241 - 407,260 of511,502
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
In Rev 2, Christ addresses the seven (7) churches.
Why did He not refer to any of them as "Church"....why did not He refer to any as the Roman Catholic Church???!!!!
Quite frankly---there is not one Catholic on this forum or any of the other 1.6 Billion Catholics around the world, "could care less" what you think..... The Church that Jesus Christ instituted was historically Proven to be "Universal (Catholic)" one in the same. Call it Universal if you want--it is still One Universal Catholic Apostolic Church.----"Who says" that the word Catholic has to be in the bible in order for it to be true. "Who says" that every word, every phrase, every sentence, must be in the bible in order in order for it to be true! Bible only Protestants, in their dillusional, distorted and twisted anti-catholic thinking are the only ones that say so.---Where is the (exact) word "bible" in the bible? Where are the words bible only??Where is the word Trinity? Where is the word Sola Scriptura? ANSWER: NOWHERE!!! Where does it say "in the bible" that God chose to transmit His infallible word ONLY in the bible! Answer again: NOWHERE!!----You bible only "fundies" just keep "making things up" to fit your anti-catholic animosity, vengeance and hatred--as you "go along"---desperately "hoping that something sticks" and that someone ANYONE will believe in your "hear-say" history book legends and myths. As an ex-Protestant for over 35 years, I know the "bible only game" of contradicting and inconsistent self-interpreting "of the bible" all too well. It is a game of "half-truth, half-heresy" Christianity where your "personal opinions" are the final authority. 42,000+ conflicting denominations of Protestant confusion and chaos, growing and growing in confusion--each and every day. YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!---IT IS ALL YOURS!!!
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite frankly---there is not one Catholic on this forum or any of the other 1.6 Billion Catholics around the world, "could care less" what you think..... The Church that Jesus Christ instituted was historically Proven to be "Universal (Catholic)" one in the same. Call it Universal if you want--it is still One Universal Catholic Apostolic Church.----"Who says" that the word Catholic has to be in the bible in order for it to be true. "Who says" that every word, every phrase, every sentence, must be in the bible in order in order for it to be true! Bible only Protestants, in their dillusional, distorted and twisted anti-catholic thinking are the only ones that say so.---Where is the (exact) word "bible" in the bible? Where are the words bible only??Where is the word Trinity? Where is the word Sola Scriptura? ANSWER: NOWHERE!!! Where does it say "in the bible" that God chose to transmit His infallible word ONLY in the bible! Answer again: NOWHERE!!----You bible only "fundies" just keep "making things up" to fit your anti-catholic animosity, vengeance and hatred--as you "go along"---desperately "hoping that something sticks" and that someone ANYONE will believe in your "hear-say" history book legends and myths. As an ex-Protestant for over 35 years, I know the "bible only game" of contradicting and inconsistent self-interpreting "of the bible" all too well. It is a game of "half-truth, half-heresy" Christianity where your "personal opinions" are the final authority. 42,000+ conflicting denominations of Protestant confusion and chaos, growing and growing in confusion--each and every day. YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!---IT IS ALL YOURS!!!
Good post, and I like the logic. Oxbow will no doubt ignore the valid points you raise. He/she prefers private interpretation so that he/she can vent hatred. Oxbow sees no problem in following a newly founded cult to anything Jesus founded. I'm imagining a snake oil salesman scribbling private interpretation on the back of a fag packet. That'll do. I have added sect 42,001. Lots of lovely money (rubs hands):)
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post, and I like the logic. Oxbow will no doubt ignore the valid points you raise. He/she prefers private interpretation so that he/she can vent hatred. Oxbow sees no problem in following a newly founded cult to anything Jesus founded. I'm imagining a snake oil salesman scribbling private interpretation on the back of a fag packet. That'll do. I have added sect 42,001. Lots of lovely money (rubs hands):)
His post poor to say the least

First there are at best 1.2 billion RC's and most conservative estimates put it at 1.1 billion.
Protestant denominations are 800 million and are growing 3x faster than the RCC.

Brazil is an excellent example of this.

You should really ask yourself why

Sola Scriptoria does not say nothing else it says when tradition is in conflict with scripture it should be removed from practice. It means Scripture trumps all else.

But that is what you RC's do all the time you make up a new novel definition for what we claim to believe in i.e. a straw man and then tear down and think you have accomplished something.

And then like always as you did in your post you call it hate.

But at the end of the day its you RC's that hate and what you hate is the truth that your SECT is not the one true anything.

And because your so full of Pride your hate grows.

Truth matters

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe the Woman is Mary.
Thanks
you know what happens when you a.s.s.u.m.e., a vission like that could be a loved one close to you that passed on,the mind is a very powerfull machine,it can create an immaginary vission like the one described.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
To clarify, my faith isn't in Pope Pius XII-it's in Christ instructing us through His Church without possibility of error.
every church errors,no such thing as infallibilty south of the moon,and there is no such thing as apostolic succession,the churches own history proves it,the papal chair was bought ahead of time in reserve for Pope Benedict IX (c. 1012 1065/85)thanks to the political prowess of his father, who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time for his son.

now tell me how you have true devine apostolic succession knowing this?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
..And because your so full of Pride your hate grows.
Truth matters
First of all I am not a Catholic. I merely was admiring the logic and arguments made in the above post.

The problem with protestant fundies is that they have very poor thinking skills. Protestants typically pick and choose what they believe through private interpretation. Any reasonable person can see the flaw with this. To give an example Martin Luther added the word "alone" to Romans 3:28 to teach his private interpretation of scripture that you are saved by faith alone and not by works. Delusional protestant fundies have no problem with private interpretation, and this is why there is 42000 denominations. This makes no sense. You should really ask yourself why there are so many denominations, and why this is a good thing to be so divided?
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I am not a Catholic. I merely was admiring the logic and arguments made in the above post.
The problem with protestant fundies is that they have very poor thinking skills. Protestants typically pick and choose what they believe through private interpretation. Any reasonable person can see the flaw with this. To give an example Martin Luther added the word "alone" to Romans 3:28 to teach his private interpretation of scripture that you are saved by faith alone and not by works. Delusional protestant fundies have no problem with private interpretation, and this is why there is 42000 denominations. This makes no sense. You should really ask yourself why there are so many denominations, and why this is a good thing to be so divided?
Adam what ever faith you are you are an uneducated one of whatever you believe.

RO 3:28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.a

Protestant Churches do not as you say believe in private Interpretation.

They believe in Sola Scriptoria or only use scripture to form doctrine.
WE beleive that tradition is fine but not be used to define doctrine only Scripture.

Luther did not believe in Private Interpretation, that is why he posted his thesis on the church door which was the bulletin board of his day for people to critique his Ideas theory's in light of the Bible.

I don't believe he inserted alone in Romans 3 28 but it does not change the meaning of the verse above had he.
My German is weak but my mother is fluent and she has an old Lutherean German Bible I have her checking.

Truth Matters
concerned in Eygpt

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
What about all those denominations first the list includes many RC denominations.
It also counts the Baptists in every country as one and so on as they are registered in their respective countries even though affiliated with the main office where ever that may be.

So right of the bat the list gets some 150 times larger as denominations can be over counted by home countries they are in as is the RCC in this number.

Instead of regurtating something you should investigate it first so you know what your are talking about.

But that still leaves a good sized number and the best answer for that is the following.
http://carm.org/what-about-different-denomina...

What about different denominations?

The reason there are different denominations within Christianity is because the Bible allows for us to have differences of opinions. Within Christianity there are very few essential doctrines that define what it means to be a Christian. These essential doctrines are,

Jesus is both God and man (John 1:1,14; 8:24; Col. 2:9; 1 John 4:1-4).
Jesus rose from the dead physically (John 2:19-21; 1 Cor. 15:14).
Salvation is by grace through faith (Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2:8-9; Gal. 3:1-2).
The gospel is the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus (1 Cor. 15:1-4; Gal. 1:8-9).
There is only one God (Exodus 20:3; Isaiah 43:10; 44:6,8).
God exists as a Trinity of persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.(See Trinity).
Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary (nature of incarnation).
As long as a church believes in these essential doctrines, then it is Christian. However, there are many things in the scriptures that have been interpreted in different ways. For example, on what day of the week should we worship, Saturday or Sunday? Should we baptize by sprinkling or baptize by immersion? Do we take communion every Sunday, once a month, or once a year? The answers to these questions do not affect whether or not someone is a Christian. It is in these issues, and others like them, that denominations are formed. It does not mean that one denomination contradicts another. It means that though they agree in the essentials, they differ in some nonessentials. This is permitted in Scripture:

"Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions. 2 One man has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only. 3 Let not him who eats regard with contempt him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats, for God has accepted him. 4 Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and stand he will, for the Lord is able to make him stand. 5 One man regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind," (Rom. 14:1-5).
cont at link above cut for space.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not catholic? That's odd -- here defending and "admiring," but not admiring enough to be Catholic?

Very odd.

I admire logic too.

I look at the world and its societies. I see the Americas and using logic, I look at the profound differences between Catholic-majority societies and societies built on Reformation ideals.

Logic tells me that the societies based on Reformation ideals are more just, better educated, more democratic, and in general -- are societies where people would rather live.

But if you love and admire the Catholic logic, why are you here? Why not Mexico City instead?

LOL
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU read it!! TRUE, authenticated and verifiable Apostolic Church History by the Apologist Historian writers from (both Catholic and Protestant.---They overwhelmingly agree that Jesus Christ established ONE UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH beginning with the Church at Antioch. Paul letters to the Churches in Ephesis, Corinth, Galatia, Thessalonica, and on and on, confirm this, over and over agin. The fact is that your anti-catholic "hear-say" history books of legends are just plain "made up", distorted and in denial of the truth of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY....... Your, "imaginative" history myths belong in the library section of "fictitious Protestant stories"!
If you hate Protestants so much, why not walk your talk to a society based on Catholic ideals -- instead of this terrible hellhole based on the Reformation?

I just don't get it? Why not walk your constant talk and go south to Catholic land?

We know. Who wants to live with the fruits of Catholicism today?

Backwardness, crime, poverty, etc. Catholics are escaping those societies as fast as they can -- for the fruits of anti-Catholicism: democracy, justice, human rights, opportunity, freedom, etc.

That's called REALITY.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Catholics are like Communists.

Both tell us about the virtues of their belief system.

But when possible, both avoid the fruits of their systems.

... They tell us everything that's wrong with the USA, but few Communists in the USA will ever move to Cuba.

... They tell us everything that's wrong with the USA, but few Catholics will ever move to a Catholic-majority society to the south.

Yep, the Reformation was terrible, but the fruits sure are sweet.

Catholics and Communists - all talk, zero walk.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

The Reformation resulted in the American Bill of Rights -- at the time considered one of the most anti-Catholic documents ever written.

Jury of one's peers.

Separation of church and state.

Democracy, freedom, human rights...

Human Rights -- granted directly from God, not through the Catholic church.

The Reformation was the worse thing ever, so why on earth do Catholics want to live in this horrid country that they hate?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
..Protestant Churches do not as you say believe in private Interpretation.
They believe in Sola Scriptoria or only use scripture to form doctrine.
Not true protestant churches have lots of teachings outside of the Bible. For example the main doctrines such as the trinity and incarnation are based on Catholic creeds.

Of course its about private interpretation. You just dont like to face the facts that you are in rebellion because of your unauthorised traditions and in rebellion with the catholic church.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I look at the world and its societies. I see the Americas and using logic, I look at the profound differences between Catholic-majority societies and societies built on Reformation ideals.
The success of the American economy is built on a number of factors. I wouldnt put whichever religion is the main one being followed at the top of that list. It seems to me that Americans follow a whole number of religions and within Christianity there are 000s of sects. So you cannot claim that the success of America is down to one religious faction. I think it more likely that it is due to hard work, including the hard work of immigrants inc Mexicans ;), and by having an abundance of natural resources.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no cure for stupid....
Christ was a Jew...He taught in their synagogues...
What can be more asinine than to think He built a church only for Gentiles (non Jewish) and not for Jewish people!!!!
Think about it....how many Jews attend a Catholic church service!!!!!
~~~

The First gentiles that were born again is the Household of Cornelius

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the -->Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days

___

UNTIL the Household of Cornelius WAS SAVED...THE GENTILES WERE CONSIDERED DOGS...

READ ABOUT IT...

Mat 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Mat 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
Mat 15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

Mat 15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Mat 15:28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

UNTIL the Household of Cornelius WAS SAVED...THE GENTILES WERE CONSIDERED DOGS...

~~~~

THE GENTILES... ARE NOT THE ROOT/FOUNDATION OF THE GOSPEL....WE HAVE BEEN GRAFTED IN..
The Apostle Paul wrote.

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Rom 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
Rom 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Rom 11:34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

Rom 11:35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

Rom 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

The arrogance of the gentile Roman CONSTANTINA church is obscene..in their claiming to have the monopoly and franchise upon Christianity..
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What can be more asinine than to think He built a church only for Gentiles (non Jewish) and not for Jewish people!!!!
Born a jew, his family were jews, his friends were all jews, john baptist jew, 12 apostles all jews and all of them practiced their jewish belief/customs devoutly. Died a jew, layed to rest in jewish custom/tradition, but 3 days later dumps his life long jewish faith, and starts an entirely new belief system that does not include the jews.

....and no one outside of converted christians ever claims such a man ever lived.

....makes no common sense
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
The arrogance of the gentile Roman CONSTANTINA church is obscene..in their claiming to have the monopoly and franchise upon Christianity..
You are an idiot.

1 Timothy 3:15
"If I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth."

Why does Paul say the church is the pillar and foundation of truth?

According to you nutjobs, he should be saying 42000 churches (plural) are the truth or the Bible is the pillar and bulwark of the truth?

Isnt it obvious that you are picking and choosing what to believe.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess, Michael, that you have no hope of the return of Christ in Glory to resurrect those who are His.
Sad.
Hope does not make or create reality.

.... If you read your scriptures Jesus promised to return before the end of the first generation. A failed prophecy.

...When did Jesus say his return would be? While he said no one, including himself, knew the exact time of his return.

Why wouldn't Jesus know his own return date? He is suppose to be GOD! God knows all. Right?

BUSTED!
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
yeppers the gentiles are the ones grafted in not the other way around. Jews now have to be grafted back in same as the gentiles.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 407,241 - 407,260 of511,502
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••