Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603435 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

preston

Waverly, OH

#422601 Feb 14, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>catholic is a religion and the actual picture of a dog tag shows that name.jewish is a religion, so he said none were on the dog tags and I showed him that they are.
ox will argue untill all of the cows come home. he thinks that his posts are so great. well in his own mind, maybe they are , but I havent seen one person say that he has a mind, tho.
lol, ox is pulling a fast one on us but insisting that this one word[Protestantism] is not on someones dog tag.

acting like a 3 rd grader and his one upmanship on us.
preston

Waverly, OH

#422602 Feb 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no dog tags marked "Protestantism"....w hy??? Because that is not a religion!!!!
yeah, I know what game you are playing which is all that you can do, now take your ball and go home you big baby.
Yahchanan

Oklahoma City, OK

#422603 Feb 14, 2013
Praise the lard and pass the biscuits.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#422604 Feb 14, 2013
Jeezits ??.. get yur own box
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422605 Feb 14, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I can always prove my words unlike you.lol
and the person that gave you a heart is as stupid as you are.lol
ever since the civil war, soldiers have worn id markings to help id them if they are killed.
in Vietnam, it was customary to wear one around your neck and the other on a boot lace. ask any vet.and in some units, the tags were taped so they wouldnt rattle.
I'm reading your first sentence and thinking about your story of the holes opening up in your belly while fountains of water emerge keeping your bed dry. Smh.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422606 Feb 14, 2013
preston wrote:
kicked me off as atemcowboy 2.lol
Too effective a Christian influence you're sporting there I suppose.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422607 Feb 14, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, He even allows satan to do his work unhindered, as you surely know.lol
anyway, topix placed them all back. so I imagine that saban complained. even you wouldnt do that.and almost all of the catholics have left.
Who would I complain to? I'm not even signed up. Every time I log in it wants me to set something up and be a regular or something.

I wouldn't deny people their free speech and if they want to make themselves look like an idiot I step out of the way and let them have at it.
preston

Waverly, OH

#422608 Feb 14, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm reading your first sentence and thinking about your story of the holes opening up in your belly while fountains of water emerge keeping your bed dry. Smh.
so you think that jesus is a liar?

yet you think that peter is right when he tells you to get baptised and you will received the holy ghost without repenting?

I know my experience is readl and I know that your lies are just that lies.

r u the person that tried to get me kicked off? after all, you are teh only newbie and the others have known me for years and this hasnt happened since 08.lol
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422609 Feb 14, 2013
The Catholics have walked away because they cannot defend what is defenseless. Either they justify what they do with scripture or they have to admit they make it up as they go, therefore contradicting scripture. They try their best to have it both ways but if you shine the light bright enough the truth will show.

The admission that has been made to me twice that it is basically unscriptural to be scriptural says VOLUMES!!

They are not bad people. I think they're sincere. I think they're doing the best they can with the Catholic indoctrination. Hopefully they've walked away in frustration because their faith has been challenged by a seed that has been planted. Doubt leads to study. Did the seed fall on good ground and will it take root? I can only hope and be willing to offer them Bible answers if they ask Bible questions.
preston

Waverly, OH

#422610 Feb 14, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would I complain to? I'm not even signed up. Every time I log in it wants me to set something up and be a regular or something.
I wouldn't deny people their free speech and if they want to make themselves look like an idiot I step out of the way and let them have at it.
I guess that your topix forum dosnt have [report abuse] on it.huh?

and I dont try and stop people like you joining cults either, since the bible is clear that few will walk on the Way of Holiness
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422611 Feb 14, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>so you think that jesus is a liar?
yet you think that peter is right when he tells you to get baptised and you will received the holy ghost without repenting?
r u the person that tried to get me kicked off? after all, you are teh only newbie and the others have known me for years and this hasnt happened since 08.lol
You just said in an earlier post that you can always prove your words.

Here's the test:
Prove I tried to get you kicked off. You said I did. Prove it.

Then prove the holes in your belly that opened up for the fountains flowing out on your bed that remained dry.

Then prove Peter lied.

Preston, all you have in life that is truly yours is your attitude and your credibility.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#422612 Feb 14, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
what about Isaiah 22:22
"And I will place on his shoulder the key of the house of David; he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open."
~~~

Compare this Scripture with the above ...

Both SCRIPTURES were/ARE in reference to JESUS.

Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and
==>the government shall be upon his shoulder:<=== and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

The book of Isaiah is a book of Messianic prophecies..

It has nothing to do with the gentile PAGAN Constantian religious society
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422613 Feb 14, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that your topix forum dosnt have [report abuse] on it.huh?
and I dont try and stop people like you joining cults either, since the bible is clear that few will walk on the Way of Holiness
I have 'report this post' but I've never touched that button. Why would I? You are NOT a threat. Your attitude stinks and your credibility is shot.

#422614 Feb 14, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does the translation make?
~~~

TAKE
the KING JAMES translation AND COMPARE IT TO THE VULGATE

and see for yourself.

#422615 Feb 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close...
There is no cure for stupid....
Christ was a Jew...He taught in their synagogues...
What can be more asinine than to think He built a church only for Gentiles (non Jewish) and not for Jewish people!!!!
Think about it....how many Jews attend a Catholic church service!!!!!
FYI: There is no issue with Jews attending Catholic funerals from the perspective of the Catholic Church. However, most Jews will not enter a church due to Jewish law prohibiting participating in religious services of another religion.
~~~

I do not see any reason for you calling me stupid...

It is obvious that you did not comprehend my post.

you are not even on the same subject that I posted about

You need to take time to read a post before you jump to conclusions ..

and attempt to answer it.

Jumping to conclusions is as one.....diving into a swimming pool and getting the sudden revelation ...that it is empty..

It could be very hazardous to your spiritual health.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422616 Feb 14, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>so you think that jesus is a liar?
By the way, Peter never said you could get baptized and receive the Holy Ghost without repenting. And I never would've said he said that. I've posted the Acts 2:38 over and over and over...
If you would only read the verse for yourself Peter doesn't skip over *repent*. It's all in there.

You attitude and credibility is all you have, Preston.

#422617 Feb 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
In Jesus Christ OWN -SPOKEN---EXPRESSED--and STATED words HE said "Upon this rock I will build "MY CHURCH"!!!!!(MATT 16:18
OK-----so it is up to YOU to prove that it is NOT---- HIS CHURCH!!!
Peter ...HIMSELF WROTE ABOUT JESUS..

IN

1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

YOU NEGATE THE SCRIPTURES WRITTEN BY THE ONE WHOM YOU CLAIM IS YOUR LEADER...

YOUR obsession and CONFUSION OF MIND IS OBVIOUS TO ALL...true believers in Jesus Christ the Son of God...
truth

Perth, Australia

#422618 Feb 14, 2013
YOU NOT HONOR ME NOT LOVE ME

evil upon evil liars upon liars

please say who is Creator..

you are man not God
truth

Perth, Australia

#422619 Feb 14, 2013
nobody going destroy church

church will be stay as aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in billions people

they will be converted on last moment before be to lateeeeeeeeeeeeeee
if??????????
someone left in lifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#422620 Feb 14, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
what about Isaiah 22:22
"And I will place on his shoulder the key of the house of David; he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and no ne shall open."

~~~

Compare this Scripture with the above ...

Both SCRIPTURES were/ARE in reference to JESUS.

Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and
==>the government shall be upon his shoulder:<=== and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

The book of Isaiah is a book of Messianic prophecies..

~~~~~~~~~
Peter was not/is not of the House/linage of David..

How could Isa 22:22 be referring to Him as the first pope?

Read what the verse says
"And I will place on his shoulder

-->the key of the house of David;<-- he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and no ne shall open."

Jesus was called the son of David

Mar 12:35 And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David?

Mar 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Mar 12:37 David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly.

PETER WAS NEVER CALLED THE SON OF DAVID...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 28 min barry 84,421
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 54 min Redeemed 13
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
More from around the web