Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#422535 Feb 14, 2013
"Roman Catholic church only true church .. says Vatican"

what a bunch a BS .. there is only one head of the Church .. and the Pope aint it .. never has been .. never will be .. Satan always has his stand-in / counterfit to what god has estasblished

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#422536 Feb 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
527 440
<quoted text>
Thanks for agreeing with my words based on Scripture...Christ built not any denominations...
BTW..my beliefs are not in Protestantism....they are in the Sacred Word of God...I attend an SBC church because they preach His Word...and not "traditions" "catechism" "magnasteriumism"... or what some dead "Saint" said!!!!!!
Jesus never spoke of denominations, only Catholics do.

Whether or not you consider yourself a Protestant, you still are, because you are not Catholic, and there isn't any other options in Christianity - only Catholicism and Protestantism.

Unless you have a word for the SBC belief. SBCism?

C'mon Oxbow, you aren't that ignorant, right?

BTW - to even call yourself "Christian" is a false label you've applied, too. One will have to beleive in all of Jesus to claim all of this title....and you don't.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#422537 Feb 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of the many "egotistical self-righteous" individuals in Catholicism.
Hojo - you aren't that special.
Your right!!! I'm not!!! But Jesus Christs and His One and only) True Apostolic Catholic Church---IS!!---- That is the "precise) reason" why I left one of your inconsistent 42,000+ contradicting (half-truth, half-heresy) Protestant denominations!!!!
preston

Waverly, OH

#422538 Feb 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
_What--???
You are not "truth"
lol.:)
preston

Waverly, OH

#422539 Feb 14, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I just thought I'd point out that I am not Saban. Saban's taxes each year are much more than my gross pay. I am a fan of Saban's.
Not that accuracy matters to you.
that is ok with me, one idiot like saban or a supporter of him makes no difference to me.but if youa re going to post, then post the truth or just shut up.simple?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#422540 Feb 14, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if it's verifiable as you claim, why don't you do so,show undeniable proof the catholic church is the true church of jesus/god,show me where he says this? what book is it written in? been waiting a long time for you to prove what you say is true,but you never follow through,if it's not written how can it be true?we are suppose to take the word of a man in charge of an tirantical religious group? a group that used torture,starvation,murder to get people to follow the churches false traditions? not likely,and the fact you never answer a question straight on makes me suspect,why don't you do that? you speak of the book of mathew quite often,i've read it,and it does not state anywhere that "MY CHURCH" means the catholic church. prove it.
In Jesus Christ OWN -SPOKEN---EXPRESSED--and STATED words HE said "Upon this rock I will build "MY CHURCH"!!!!!(MATT 16:18
OK-----so it is up to YOU to prove that it is NOT---- HIS CHURCH!!!

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#422541 Feb 14, 2013
One is either in Christ or not in Christ .. there is only one body of christ .. the RCC claims non-catholics are not true Christians ??.. well .. it seems to me .. the RCC points a little too mucheth to itself .... no church can save anyone .. only a person can save .. the one who God sent .. Jesus .... all Christians should be pointing to him .. not their "church"

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#422542 Feb 14, 2013
Upon this rock ... the statement Peter just made .. "Jesus is the Christ .. the son of the living God" .. THAT is the Rock .. not Peter .. RCC got this all wrong from the beginning .. deceiving and being deceived
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#422543 Feb 14, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
The election of the next Pope is much like a car or horse race. We know who the winner is but we never remember who came second.
If the holy spirit is suppose to be guiding the decision process of the voting cardinals, why do all the cardinals not vote for the same cardinal to become pope?
Shouldn't their voting be 100% unanimous? Do some cardinals not get the memo from the HS?
.....something is terribly wrong!
YES----As I have told you before!! Just keep looking in the mirror and you will begin to find "what is wrong"!!!
Yahchanan

Ada, OK

#422544 Feb 14, 2013
To those who think Jesus is god are nuts.....

their is the father Yahweh And the son Yahshua...they are not the same ....
Yahchanan

Ada, OK

#422545 Feb 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
In Jesus Christ OWN -SPOKEN---EXPRESSED--and STATED words HE said "Upon this rock I will build "MY CHURCH"!!!!!(MATT 16:18
OK-----so it is up to YOU to prove that it is NOT---- HIS CHURCH!!!
It is not his church it is satans.the woman who sits on seven hills named after seven different gods.And has changed the ordnance's the laws the sabbath the feast days.and is the evilest church in the world.Teaches nothing but lies.Yahweh takes no part in the evil of the Vatican. But your man made god might....

What has this church done other than lie....and commit sins.
Yahchanan

Ada, OK

#422547 Feb 14, 2013
Everyone on here claims to know the truth but i have yet to see one person reverence the creator....understanding only comes from the reverence of the creator.Yahweh....

In fact everyone who reads scripture interpenetrates if from their own mind.....And most are wrong.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#422548 Feb 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I will nominate this as the third most asinine statement I have seen on this forum!!! Quote: but 3 days later dumps his life long jewish faith, and starts an entirely new belief system that does not include the jews.
According to all misled Catholic, this is where He built His Catholic Church: Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.{Peter: this name signifies a rock}..
This was while He still lived!!!! He had not been crucified, died, buried, and risen yet!!!????
Matthew 27:11 below.......

....Now Yeshua ("Jesus") stood before the (Roman) governor Pilate. And the governor asked Him, saying, "Are You the King of the Jews?" Yeshua (Jesus) said to him, "It is as you say."

......Joseph of Arimethea, who took custody of Yeshua's (Jesus) body, was Jewish.(Luke 23:50-52) and he laid the body in his own new tomb (Matt. 27:59-60). Therefore, Yeshua (Jesus) was buried in a Jewish cemetery. He was also buried according to Jewish custom/tradition of the time, buried before sundown.(John 19:40). Without doubt, Jesus died a Jew.

----------

His aunt Elizabeth was a jew, as was his uncle Zachariah. Jesus was circumcised as per jewish custom.

Matthew 2:2 (Mattityahu 2:2)

..."Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the east and have come to worship Him."

Being a Jew is not only ones religious belief but its your heritage culture if born and raised in a jewish state. People born in Scotland are for ever scottish no matter what religion they change to or whatever country they move to.

Once a cultural jew always a jew.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#422549 Feb 14, 2013
527 440
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never spoke of denominations, only Catholics do.
Whether or not you consider yourself a Protestant, you still are, because you are not Catholic, and there isn't any other options in Christianity - only Catholicism and Protestantism.
Unless you have a word for the SBC belief. SBCism?
C'mon Oxbow, you aren't that ignorant, right?
BTW - to even call yourself "Christian" is a false label you've applied, too. One will have to beleive in all of Jesus to claim all of this title....and you don't.
I know of no one who ever enlisted in the military and listed "Protestantism" as his/her religion.

Show me a Marriage License or Certificate that shows "Protestantism" as a person's religion....

Location hidden

#422550 Feb 14, 2013
548 464
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 27:11 below.......
....Now Yeshua ("Jesus") stood before the (Roman) governor Pilate. And the governor asked Him, saying, "Are You the King of the Jews?" Yeshua (Jesus) said to him, "It is as you say."
......Joseph of Arimethea, who took custody of Yeshua's (Jesus) body, was Jewish.(Luke 23:50-52) and he laid the body in his own new tomb (Matt. 27:59-60). Therefore, Yeshua (Jesus) was buried in a Jewish cemetery. He was also buried according to Jewish custom/tradition of the time, buried before sundown.(John 19:40). Without doubt, Jesus died a Jew.
----------
His aunt Elizabeth was a jew, as was his uncle Zachariah. Jesus was circumcised as per jewish custom.
Matthew 2:2 (Mattityahu 2:2)
..."Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the east and have come to worship Him."
Being a Jew is not only ones religious belief but its your heritage culture if born and raised in a jewish state. People born in Scotland are for ever scottish no matter what religion they change to or whatever country they move to.
Once a cultural jew always a jew.
What does that have to do with:

I will nominate this as the third most asinine statement I have seen on this forum!!! Quote: but 3 days later dumps his life long jewish faith, and starts an entirely new belief system that does not include the jews.
preston

Waverly, OH

#422551 Feb 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
527 440
<quoted text>
I know of no one who ever enlisted in the military and listed "Protestantism" as his/her religion.
Show me a Marriage License or Certificate that shows "Protestantism" as a person's religion....
lol, guess that you ahve never worn a set of 'dog tags' since they have your religion stamped on them and the govt wouldnt know what religion that you were if you didnt tell them when youw went in.

during the ww2,and the 1st iraqi war, the jewish soldiers were asked if they would like to change theirs in case they were captured. this is a fact.

dumb ox fits you perfectly
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#422552 Feb 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
According to all misled Catholic, this is where He built His Catholic Church: Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.{Peter: this name signifies a rock}..
This was while He still lived!!!! He had not been crucified, died, buried, and risen yet!!!????
The bible stories were created to make square pegs fit in round holes.

The crucifixion as only told in the NT. Small crowd of people were given a choice who to crucify. Jesus or Barabas. 50/50 choice. Right? How would christianity have started if the crowd screamed Barabas instead of Jesus? Would the story then have been jesus lived for our sins?

.......50/50 chance and the crowd guessed right.....UNBELIEVABLE!

Location hidden

#422553 Feb 14, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, guess that you ahve never worn a set of 'dog tags' since they have your religion stamped on them and the govt wouldnt know what religion that you were if you didnt tell them when youw went in.
during the ww2,and the 1st iraqi war, the jewish soldiers were asked if they would like to change theirs in case they were captured. this is a fact.
dumb ox fits you perfectly
You don't have to forever prove it....we already know!!!!

Give me examples of religions stamped on dog tags....

MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#422554 Feb 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
548 464
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with:
How do you know what really happened back then? The only stories about a miracle man jesus in the entire MEDITERANEAN during that era were told in the scriptures ONLY.

No jewish/roman writers, scribes, statesmen, or philosophers ever mention a miracle man named Jesus in all of their writings.

Can you verify with certainty that the 4 gospels were written by the names associated with them?

UNBELIEVABLE!

Location hidden

#422555 Feb 14, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible stories were created to make square pegs fit in round holes.
The crucifixion as only told in the NT. Small crowd of people were given a choice who to crucify. Jesus or Barabas. 50/50 choice. Right? How would christianity have started if the crowd screamed Barabas instead of Jesus? Would the story then have been jesus lived for our sins?
.......50/50 chance and the crowd guessed right.....UNBELIEVABLE!
When you stop dodging and address my words regarding my nomination that was quoted....get back to me...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Mr Sir 9,186
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Sat Jaimie 84,074
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... Sat Sherlayne 8
News Pope Francis visit to Cuba confirmed Sat W A Y L O N 2
News Extremists sought in possible plot against the ... Fri tomin cali 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Fri JJF 664
News Ion Mihai Pacepa 46 minutes ago History often r... Apr 24 Tom Jones 1
More from around the web