Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,854
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#422524 Feb 14, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess, Michael, that you have no hope of the return of Christ in Glory to resurrect those who are His.
Sad.
And you plainly forget the "theif" didn't have to wait....

Luke 23:43

43 And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise."

Yep - no waiting for someone to "rescue", because Jesus didn't teach that there is any waiting period.

Your religion misled you to believe this. THere will be no waiting.

You do believe Jesus, right?

Albuquerque, NM

#422525 Feb 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
As for me... I don't bet..
But
I have my doubts
that Jesus will have any thing to do...
with whomever is selected
to be the next corruptible man
to place in the Position of the
third person of the Godhead.
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God
-->into an image made like to corruptible man,<--
and to birds, and
fourfooted beasts, and
creeping things.
Good thing for us all - it has been prophecised that the next Pope will be the last.

Finally!!....and good riddance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_...

Albuquerque, NM

#422526 Feb 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
386 328 232
<quoted text>
Take it from an ex expert liar with forty years experience...never tell a lie that can be proven a lie!!!!
I never said it was cypress....
Quote: The Christian religions know the OT was translated from the Hebrew language...Strong's Lexicon and the English dictionary says no one knows for sure if it was cypress..
Quote: gopher wood:(Christian Religious Writings / Bible) the wood used in the construction of Noah's ark, thought to be a type of cypress (Genesis 6:14)
gopher wood: a kind of tree or wood (as used for building), apparently the cypress:-- gopher.
So-called "Christians" arguing with each other is why....

"Christianity divides".

Always have....and always will.

Albuquerque, NM

#422527 Feb 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
In Rev 2, Christ addresses the seven (7) churches.
Why did He not refer to any of them as "Church"....why did not He refer to any as the Roman Catholic Church???!!!!
Because the RCC is a later creation of men.

Just like your belief in Protestantism - created by men.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#422528 Feb 14, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan and his Demons don't get cast out of Heaven until quite sometime in John's future. Therefore - there were no fallen angels on earth when Adam and Eve sinned.
If you continue with this line of thought and then read this ancient text, you will then see that there wasn't any "Satan" at all involved.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...

And then, if you research the "history of the snaKe symbol", one will realize that the snake symbol is actually a metaphor for a "messenger" - usually, one of positive means, not the negativity that men have spun around the image.

I see it this way....

Men devised to move the snake to be evil, because it allows the fear of failure to embed the minds of gullible followers, "Christians", into thinking that they need religion to conquer evil.

They placed a fear into others, so that they could have power over those individuals.

And they succeeded.

Taking responsibility for your own actions is never something Christianity ever promotes, yet they encourage the idea of Self, without ever acknowledging that it is the key to any salvation.

I disagree with your misunderstood conclusion.

Albuquerque, NM

#422529 Feb 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite frankly---there is not one Catholic on this forum or any of the other 1.6 Billion Catholics around the world, "could care less" what you think..... The Church that Jesus Christ instituted was historically Proven to be "Universal (Catholic)" one in the same. Call it Universal if you want--it is still One Universal Catholic Apostolic Church.----"Who says" that the word Catholic has to be in the bible in order for it to be true. "Who says" that every word, every phrase, every sentence, must be in the bible in order in order for it to be true! Bible only Protestants, in their dillusional, distorted and twisted anti-catholic thinking are the only ones that say so.---Where is the (exact) word "bible" in the bible? Where are the words bible only??Where is the word Trinity? Where is the word Sola Scriptura? ANSWER: NOWHERE!!! Where does it say "in the bible" that God chose to transmit His infallible word ONLY in the bible! Answer again: NOWHERE!!----You bible only "fundies" just keep "making things up" to fit your anti-catholic animosity, vengeance and hatred--as you "go along"---desperately "hoping that something sticks" and that someone ANYONE will believe in your "hear-say" history book legends and myths. As an ex-Protestant for over 35 years, I know the "bible only game" of contradicting and inconsistent self-interpreting "of the bible" all too well. It is a game of "half-truth, half-heresy" Christianity where your "personal opinions" are the final authority. 42,000+ conflicting denominations of Protestant confusion and chaos, growing and growing in confusion--each and every day. YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!---IT IS ALL YOURS!!!
Proof of the many "egotistical self-righteous" individuals in Catholicism.

Hojo - you aren't that special.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#422530 Feb 14, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
Looking for something to give up for "Lent"?
Colossians 2:20-23
Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:“Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.
Matthew 15:1-20
Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked,“Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”
Jesus replied,“And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? For God said,‘Honor your father and mother' and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:
“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’”
Jesus called the crowd to him and said,“Listen and understand. What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”
Then the disciples came to him and asked,“Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”
He replied,“Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”
Peter said,“Explain the parable to us.”
“Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them.“Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”
So... What to give up for "Lent"??
My answer?
The best thing to give up for "Lent" is "Lent".
The Bible

Neither the Bible, which was not written in a Teutonic language, nor its translations (which sometimes are) uses the terms Lent or Ash Wednesday. Nor does it seem to positively describe any of the processes associated with Ash Wednesday.

The Old Testament uses the term Spring four or so times, but in the context of wars, not fasting. It does, however, endorse certain religious observances for that time of the year. It also mentions that the year begins on the first day of a certain lunar month (called Abib or Nisan) which is normally the first day of Spring (though it does not actually use that term). Note that God defines when the year begins:

This month shall be your beginning of months; it shall be the first month of the year to you (Exodus 12:2 NKJV, throughout unless otherwise noted).

The God-ordained religious festivals mentioned as occurring in what is the Spring season of the year include Passover, the Days of Unleavened Bread, and Pentecost.

Albuquerque, NM

#422531 Feb 14, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
http://carm.org/what-about-different-denomina...

What about different denominations?

The reason there are different denominations within Christianity is because the Bible allows for us to have differences of opinions. Within Christianity there are very few essential doctrines that define what it means to be a Christian. These essential doctrines are,

Jesus is both God and man (John 1:1,14; 8:24; Col. 2:9; 1 John 4:1-4).
Jesus never called himself "God" - why should so-called "Christians"?
<quoted text>
Jesus rose from the dead physically (John 2:19-21; 1 Cor. 15:14).
Speculation. Could be plausible to say that this was an alien abduction witness by others?

What proof outside the Bible that shows that this is possible?
<quoted text>
Salvation is by grace through faith (Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2:8-9; Gal. 3:1-2).
Self.
<quoted text>
The gospel is the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus (1 Cor. 15:1-4; Gal. 1:8-9).
Incorrect.

The "gospel" is Jesus stating that the Spirit lives on after we die.

The belief you stated was defined in or about 325 CE by men, not by Jesus or "God".
<quoted text>
There is only one God (Exodus 20:3; Isaiah 43:10; 44:6,8).
....and according to this ancient text - "God" was a mistake.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...
<quoted text>
God exists as a Trinity of persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.(See Trinity).
Only in the minds of men.

Self.
<quoted text>
Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary (nature of incarnation).
History has recorded many virgin births, Jesus was just one.

Do you believe Mithras was born of the virgin Isis? You should, as he was a "savior" as well.

What about Krishna, which was another virgin birth?

Are you saying that Jesus was the only legitimate one?

How do you know?

BTW - Self is where you are now in your thinking.
<quoted text>
As long as a church believes in these essential doctrines, then it is Christian.
Unfounded Christainity. Who would have thought.

Good job with pointing out the many faults in Christianity.

Albuquerque, NM

#422532 Feb 14, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
The Reformation resulted in the American Bill of Rights -- at the time considered one of the most anti-Catholic documents ever written.
Jury of one's peers.
Separation of church and state.
Democracy, freedom, human rights...
Human Rights -- granted directly from God, not through the Catholic church.
The Reformation was the worse thing ever, so why on earth do Catholics want to live in this horrid country that they hate?
Fear.

Oh yeah - and that would be Self.

In a nutshell - they are afraid of their Self, and the honesty it embeds upon their minds.

So they stay fearful, all the while promoting more fear, but not once, ever being honest with theirself or others, perpetuating a belief built upon ego and hatred of others.

WB FM!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#422533 Feb 14, 2013
527 440
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the RCC is a later creation of men.
Just like your belief in Protestantism - created by men.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
Thanks for agreeing with my words based on Scripture...Christ built not any denominations...

BTW..my beliefs are not in Protestantism....they are in the Sacred Word of God...I attend an SBC church because they preach His Word...and not "traditions" "catechism" "magnasteriumism"... or what some dead "Saint" said!!!!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#422534 Feb 14, 2013
Darth Bob wrote:
As a person who was raised in a very traditional Catholic family, I am not in the least surprised that the Pope thinks the RCC is the only true church.
In fact, the papal bull Unam Sanctam states at the end: "Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that every human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff".
Personally, I think it's an utterly silly idea.
Many of us do.

The only ones that don't are the so-called "Catholics" or "Christians", who have not learned to think for themselves yet.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#422535 Feb 14, 2013
"Roman Catholic church only true church .. says Vatican"

what a bunch a BS .. there is only one head of the Church .. and the Pope aint it .. never has been .. never will be .. Satan always has his stand-in / counterfit to what god has estasblished

Albuquerque, NM

#422536 Feb 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
527 440
<quoted text>
Thanks for agreeing with my words based on Scripture...Christ built not any denominations...
BTW..my beliefs are not in Protestantism....they are in the Sacred Word of God...I attend an SBC church because they preach His Word...and not "traditions" "catechism" "magnasteriumism"... or what some dead "Saint" said!!!!!!
Jesus never spoke of denominations, only Catholics do.

Whether or not you consider yourself a Protestant, you still are, because you are not Catholic, and there isn't any other options in Christianity - only Catholicism and Protestantism.

Unless you have a word for the SBC belief. SBCism?

C'mon Oxbow, you aren't that ignorant, right?

BTW - to even call yourself "Christian" is a false label you've applied, too. One will have to beleive in all of Jesus to claim all of this title....and you don't.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#422537 Feb 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of the many "egotistical self-righteous" individuals in Catholicism.
Hojo - you aren't that special.
Your right!!! I'm not!!! But Jesus Christs and His One and only) True Apostolic Catholic Church---IS!!---- That is the "precise) reason" why I left one of your inconsistent 42,000+ contradicting (half-truth, half-heresy) Protestant denominations!!!!
preston

Waverly, OH

#422538 Feb 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
_What--???
You are not "truth"
lol.:)
preston

Waverly, OH

#422539 Feb 14, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I just thought I'd point out that I am not Saban. Saban's taxes each year are much more than my gross pay. I am a fan of Saban's.
Not that accuracy matters to you.
that is ok with me, one idiot like saban or a supporter of him makes no difference to me.but if youa re going to post, then post the truth or just shut up.simple?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#422540 Feb 14, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if it's verifiable as you claim, why don't you do so,show undeniable proof the catholic church is the true church of jesus/god,show me where he says this? what book is it written in? been waiting a long time for you to prove what you say is true,but you never follow through,if it's not written how can it be true?we are suppose to take the word of a man in charge of an tirantical religious group? a group that used torture,starvation,murder to get people to follow the churches false traditions? not likely,and the fact you never answer a question straight on makes me suspect,why don't you do that? you speak of the book of mathew quite often,i've read it,and it does not state anywhere that "MY CHURCH" means the catholic church. prove it.
In Jesus Christ OWN -SPOKEN---EXPRESSED--and STATED words HE said "Upon this rock I will build "MY CHURCH"!!!!!(MATT 16:18
OK-----so it is up to YOU to prove that it is NOT---- HIS CHURCH!!!

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#422541 Feb 14, 2013
One is either in Christ or not in Christ .. there is only one body of christ .. the RCC claims non-catholics are not true Christians ??.. well .. it seems to me .. the RCC points a little too mucheth to itself .... no church can save anyone .. only a person can save .. the one who God sent .. Jesus .... all Christians should be pointing to him .. not their "church"

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#422542 Feb 14, 2013
Upon this rock ... the statement Peter just made .. "Jesus is the Christ .. the son of the living God" .. THAT is the Rock .. not Peter .. RCC got this all wrong from the beginning .. deceiving and being deceived
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#422543 Feb 14, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
The election of the next Pope is much like a car or horse race. We know who the winner is but we never remember who came second.
If the holy spirit is suppose to be guiding the decision process of the voting cardinals, why do all the cardinals not vote for the same cardinal to become pope?
Shouldn't their voting be 100% unanimous? Do some cardinals not get the memo from the HS?
.....something is terribly wrong!
YES----As I have told you before!! Just keep looking in the mirror and you will begin to find "what is wrong"!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 8 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 11 hr Crazy 8,687
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 12 hr Strel 83,885
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
Vatican infighting over NSW priest Dec 14 Rev Tony Abbott 4
Pope Condemns Homosexual Behavior (Dec '08) Dec 14 kent 10,604
Pope says 'paradise is open to all of God's cre... Dec 13 True Christian wi... 2
More from around the web