Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
407,161 - 407,180 of 532,991 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
Yahchanan

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Satan Is A Woman.
Free Mind

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

ďAbove all I have learned from the Jesuits, and so did Lenin too as far as I recall. The world has never known anything quite so splendid as the hierarchical structure of the [Roman] Catholic Church. There were quite a few things I simply appropriated... "

A former alter boy
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
In 1776 -- according to perfect RCC teachings, George Washington, James Madison, along with 100% of the rest of America's Founders (Carroll was considered a heretic)-- were all destined for Hell.
As I understand the RCC teaching no one knows another's salvation.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
FIRST OFF IT TAKES TWO OR MORE SCRIPTURES TO SUBSTANTIATE A DOCTRINE...
There is no other scriptures in the Bible to give witness ..co-relate or cross reference with MATTHEW 16:17,18,19,
IT CANNOT BE FOUND IN THE OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT.
what about Isaiah 22:22
"And I will place on his shoulder the key of the house of David; he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open."
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Yahchanan wrote:
Satan Is A Woman.
Explain please ? Not doubting it however.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post, and I like the logic. Oxbow will no doubt ignore the valid points you raise. He/she prefers private interpretation so that he/she can vent hatred. Oxbow sees no problem in following a newly founded cult to anything Jesus founded. I'm imagining a snake oil salesman scribbling private interpretation on the back of a fag packet. That'll do. I have added sect 42,001. Lots of lovely money (rubs hands):)
Let me see!

1).... roman catholic church currently embroiled in another VATICAN BANK MONEY LAUNDERING SCANDAL.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/a-...

2)...Two seperate vatican investigations of the 47,000 nuns in america. The vatican calling the 80 year old nuns RADICAL FEMINISTS.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/vatican-thre...

3)....WORLDWIDE sex abuse by some clergy and a coverup by all those who knew about these crimes.

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/WhoWeAre...

4) Today in most of the western world the vast majority of roman catholic don't even practice their faith. According to the bishops in america less than 1 in 4 roman catholics attends mandatory sunday mass weekly. Imagine in a large corporation that only 23% of the workers came to work when required.

The roman catholic church in the western world is flaming out. The vast majority of roman catholics today are very poor, uneducted peasants who live either below the equator or Africa/Asia.

BUSTED!
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The tea leaves say.... today, 2:14 p.m.
By 2:15 p.m., you will be roasting in Hell for all eternity -- because you objected to the decades-long cover-up of child sex-abuse.
Tough poopie, but don't worry. As you suffer for all eternity for standing up for the weak against the strong and powerful, just know that...
JESUS LOVES YOU
Does it make sense now?
God created two cement tablets with 5 commandments on each. God said if anyone breaks any of these rules and does not repent, you will be sent to a fire pit called hell, where you will burn, and suffer, and scream! and be tortured, and agonize in terrible pain! for ever and ever...

but Jesus loves you!
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Dan understands what he said.
According to the catholic church, the Pope is suppose to be the Vicar of Christ yet does not talk to God.
I thought the Holy Spirit lead the catholic church.
I guess he is busy talking to the dead ; you know Mary etc.
Dan understand what he said.

I was replying to a post that directly inferred that the Pope talked to God as if He was in the room with the Pope all day long.

Of course, you removed all the context and made a silly response.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
As I understand the RCC teaching no one knows another's salvation.
(lol) Eternal salvation was the theme in most pagan beliefs that came over 1,000 years before the Jesus story. Christianity ran with it and it worked for them.

Baptism, holy sacrificial meal, demons, virgin births, apostles, god/man, angels, all formed the beliefs from long ago that christianity stole and used themseleves.

don't believe me? Read and be enlightened about what came long before Jesus.

http://pocm.info/
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
How can someone manage to post from Perth, Australia and Waverly, OH in the same day?
strange.
It is some kind of flaw in the Topix algorithm, or perhaps has to do with internet routing, which is complex.

For example, when I post from a McDonald's, it usually says I am in Texas, I think (Houston?), even though I have not left Oklahoma, and even when I am in northeastern Oklohoma, quite q ways from the atexas border.

I would not put much on location oddities on Topix.

arob
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism, holy sacrificial meal, demons, virgin births, apostles, god/man, angels, all formed the beliefs from long ago that christianity stole
I wouldnt believe everything you read on the internet. Some people make up lies deliberately to discredit other points of view. The borrowing is equally as likely to have been the other way around. No one can say for sure as the evidence isnt clear.
jesus licks hairy balls

Duryea, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

the pope borrowed molesting boys from jesus blowing the 12 apostles.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Yep you make it easy for the devil...
with your LATIN VERSION/translation OF THE BIBLE
What difference does the translation make?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was replying to a post that directly inferred that the Pope talked to God as if He was in the room with the Pope all day long.
Sorry Dan that isn't what your post said , I will go back a few days and I will find it .
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Lent is in the Bible
- 40 is the number of judgment and testing (Gn 7:4, Ex 24:18, 34:28, Nm 13:25, 14:33, Jon 3:4).
Christ spent 40 days fasting in the desert before entering into his public ministry (Mt 4:1-11). Plus instructing his disciples on fasting (Mt 6:16-18).
It is my understanding that 10 is a number for *completeness* and 4 is an earthly number.
With 3 being a number for deity (Ex. Holy, Holy, Holy or the trinity)
10 (completeness) x 3 (deity)= 1000
(see Rev. Chapter 20, I think, which basically points to Jesus' eternal Kingdom and also see Psalm 50:2)
3 (Holy)+ 4 (earthly)= 7 (perfect earthly number)
6? Well, its short of perfect.=failure.
3 (diety) 6's (short of perfect)= well, you get the point...

Also, for example, if a beast were described with 4 heads and 10 horns it would probably mean the beast was something with *complete**earthly power*.

Whatever the number 10 means, the bottom line:
There's BIG difference in a religious tradition and a Biblical commandment. I've already posted to scriptures that point that out with undeniable clarity (Col. 2:20-23 and Matt. 15: 1-20).

Ignore them if you choose.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
this is your post and my answer Dan.

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
No one thinks the Pope speaks directly to God.
You're simply misinformed. xxxxx
xxxxxxx

Why doesn't he speak directly to God?? I do.

how can he be the leader of God's Church and not talk to God.
Do you people even understand the importance of talking to God; and having a personal relationship with Him.
This is so sad, Dan
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldnt believe everything you read on the internet. Some people make up lies deliberately to discredit other points of view. The borrowing is equally as likely to have been the other way around. No one can say for sure as the evidence isnt clear.

How does one know the writings in the bible are evidence of its time? Can you verify the 4 names associated with the 4 gospels are the actual people who wrote them? There are no originals just copies of copies of copies. Thats not good.

.......Centuries before Jesus, When Osiris is said to bring his believers eternal life in Egyptian Heaven, contemplating the unutterable, indescribable glory of God, we understand that as a myth.

When the sacred rites of Demeter at Eleusis are described as bringing believers happiness in their eternal life, we understand that as a myth.

When ancient writers (long before Jesus) tell us that in general ancient people believed in eternal life, with the good going to the Elysian Fields and the not so good going to Hades, we understand that as a myth.

..... When Vespatian's spittle healed a blind man, we understand that as a myth.

.....When Apollonius of Tyana raised a girl from death, we understand that as a myth.

......When Dionysus turned water into wine, we understand that as a myth. When Dionysus believers are filled with atay, the Spirit of God, we understand that as a myth.

..... When Romulus is described as the Son of God, born of a virgin, we understand that as a myth.

....When Alexander the Great is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

..... When Augustus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal , we understand that as a myth.

......When Dionysus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman,we understand that as a myth. >>

.... When Scipio Africanus is described as the Son of God, born of a mortal woman, we understand that as a myth.

----------

how come when Jesus is described as
....the Son of God,
...born of a mortal woman,
..according to prophecy,
..turning water into wine,
.. raising girls from the dead, and
.. healing blind men with his spittle,

Why is this the truth, when the same customs/traditions were practiced by man/god myths centuries before.

Not very much UNIQUE about christianity, from what people believed before.

INDOCTRINATION of family hand me down traditions is what has kept christianity going. Without being born into the faith to become just like mom and dad, christianity would have suffered the same fate as the mythical gods and their stories thousands of years before.

Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Correction on that last post - I was trying to go from memory...

The correct verse in Psalm is 50:10 not 50:2

Basically 1000 is an indefinite number that represents all there is.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't remove any context Dan, the fact is when we pray to God He is with us in Spirit listening to every word we say.
Your flesh won't let you see from a spiritual perspective Dan.
If you did post , a {reply to a post that directly inferred that the Pope talked to God as if He was in the room with the Pope all day long.) I didn't see it.
So it would seem I own you an apology.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I am not a Catholic. I merely was admiring the logic and arguments made in the above post.
The problem with protestant fundies is that they have very poor thinking skills. Protestants typically pick and choose what they believe through private interpretation. Any reasonable person can see the flaw with this. To give an example Martin Luther added the word "alone" to Romans 3:28 to teach his private interpretation of scripture that you are saved by faith alone and not by works. Delusional protestant fundies have no problem with private interpretation, and this is why there is 42000 denominations. This makes no sense. You should really ask yourself why there are so many denominations, and why this is a good thing to be so divided?
All religious groups do the same thing,pick an choose it quite obvious if you study the truth behind every religion,people of religion do not do this,because they taught that it's not necessary to do so "we will teach you everything you need to know" is a religious cults favorite phrase,you call protestants fundies why? you think your religious cult is smarter? how can that be if all groups use the same scriptures? all there is is one set of scriptures and thanks to constantine and his band of 100 merry men that created the catholic religion took it upon itself to burn over 20+ books,they had no right to do that,IF we are suppose to be guided by one god for all the scriptures belong to all,not just one group,the catholic church has hidden away in their archives biblical books which they don't allow anyone to see outside of the church to see them,and that is wrong,they belong to the world,you can't make a rational decission when you don't have the whole truth in front of you,and that can never happen thanks to constantine and israel they did not take the scripts. seriously and tore some of them up and sold them to tourists as souveigniers,it was not until some professor who's name i can't remember took a good hard look at the scripts and declared them devine writtings by holy men starting with moses and continued on with other suspect writers,we really have no proof who the first writer really was or who the last one was,it's guess work,there is nothing to corroborate the truth of the one god theory,nothing exists,if you look you'll see the same stories written decades/centuries earlier than the scripts were,read the books written by gilgamesh,and the book of sumaria which was part of the bible then removed by the C.C. there you'll find a story written about a man named adamus,it's identical to the story of adam an eve,yet written way before the bible was,that is why it was removed from lets say for the sake of argument a list of books considered to be holy.is it really fact or fiction?? we'll never know unless jesus/god appears before us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Ecko 8,182
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Sat Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••