Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,549
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#422504 Feb 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan understand what he said.
I was replying to a post that directly inferred that the Pope talked to God as if He was in the room with the Pope all day long.
Of course, you removed all the context and made a silly response.
I didn't remove any context Dan, the fact is when we pray to God He is with us in Spirit listening to every word we say.
Your flesh won't let you see from a spiritual perspective Dan.
If you did post , a {reply to a post that directly inferred that the Pope talked to God as if He was in the room with the Pope all day long.) I didn't see it.
So it would seem I own you an apology.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#422505 Feb 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I am not a Catholic. I merely was admiring the logic and arguments made in the above post.
The problem with protestant fundies is that they have very poor thinking skills. Protestants typically pick and choose what they believe through private interpretation. Any reasonable person can see the flaw with this. To give an example Martin Luther added the word "alone" to Romans 3:28 to teach his private interpretation of scripture that you are saved by faith alone and not by works. Delusional protestant fundies have no problem with private interpretation, and this is why there is 42000 denominations. This makes no sense. You should really ask yourself why there are so many denominations, and why this is a good thing to be so divided?
All religious groups do the same thing,pick an choose it quite obvious if you study the truth behind every religion,people of religion do not do this,because they taught that it's not necessary to do so "we will teach you everything you need to know" is a religious cults favorite phrase,you call protestants fundies why? you think your religious cult is smarter? how can that be if all groups use the same scriptures? all there is is one set of scriptures and thanks to constantine and his band of 100 merry men that created the catholic religion took it upon itself to burn over 20+ books,they had no right to do that,IF we are suppose to be guided by one god for all the scriptures belong to all,not just one group,the catholic church has hidden away in their archives biblical books which they don't allow anyone to see outside of the church to see them,and that is wrong,they belong to the world,you can't make a rational decission when you don't have the whole truth in front of you,and that can never happen thanks to constantine and israel they did not take the scripts. seriously and tore some of them up and sold them to tourists as souveigniers,it was not until some professor who's name i can't remember took a good hard look at the scripts and declared them devine writtings by holy men starting with moses and continued on with other suspect writers,we really have no proof who the first writer really was or who the last one was,it's guess work,there is nothing to corroborate the truth of the one god theory,nothing exists,if you look you'll see the same stories written decades/centuries earlier than the scripts were,read the books written by gilgamesh,and the book of sumaria which was part of the bible then removed by the C.C. there you'll find a story written about a man named adamus,it's identical to the story of adam an eve,yet written way before the bible was,that is why it was removed from lets say for the sake of argument a list of books considered to be holy.is it really fact or fiction?? we'll never know unless jesus/god appears before us.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422506 Feb 14, 2013
Looks like my last post has disappeared...?

Anyway, if it did, I was making a correction to my previous post where i cited Psalm 50:2 and should've cited 50:10.

Helps provide clarity to the definition of 1000.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422507 Feb 14, 2013
O..K..

Now they're both there.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#422508 Feb 14, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldnt believe everything you read on the internet. Some people make up lies deliberately to discredit other points of view. The borrowing is equally as likely to have been the other way around. No one can say for sure as the evidence isnt clear.
Many more christians are born into the faith than those that actually find the faith themselves.

Today christianity in the western world is at a crossroads. Protestantism is dying, and MOST roman catholics today just in the past 50 years have quit practicing the faith or left it altogether. Once they work through the system with their lack of religious indoctrination to their children, western world catholicism will within a few generations become much smaller in size and believers.

Right across america and western world more churches are closing then new ones opening. That is not a good sign.

Declining membership....

http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/michigan...

......In Germany as a whole, more than 400 Roman Catholic churches and more than 100 Protestant churches have been closed since 2000, according to one estimate. Another 700 Roman Catholic churches are slated to be closed over the next several years.

.....By contrast, there are now more than 200 mosques (including more than 40 mega-mosques), 2,600 Muslim prayer halls and a countless number unofficial mosques in Germany. Another 128 mosques are currently under construction, according to the Zentralinstitut Islam-Archiv, a Muslim organization based in Germany.

.......In neighboring France, mosques are being built more often than Roman Catholic churches, and there now are more practicing Muslims in the country than practicing Catholics.

......Nearly 150 new mosques are currently under construction in France, home to the biggest Muslim community in Europe.

.....The total number of mosques in France has already doubled to more than 2,000 during just the past ten years, according to a research report, "Constructing Mosques: The Governance of Islam in France and the Netherlands." The rector of the Grand Mosque of Paris, Dalil Boubakeur, has called for the number of mosques in the country to be doubled again -- to 4,000 -- to meet growing demand.

......By contrast, the Roman Catholic Church in France has built only 20 new churches during the past decade, and has formally closed more than 60 churches, many of which are destined to become mosques, according to research conducted by La Croix, a Roman Catholic daily newspaper based in Paris

...times are a changing!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#422509 Feb 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU read it!! TRUE, authenticated and verifiable Apostolic Church History by the Apologist Historian writers from (both Catholic and Protestant.---They overwhelmingly agree that Jesus Christ established ONE UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH beginning with the Church at Antioch. Paul letters to the Churches in Ephesis, Corinth, Galatia, Thessalonica, and on and on, confirm this, over and over agin. The fact is that your anti-catholic "hear-say" history books of legends are just plain "made up", distorted and in denial of the truth of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY....... Your, "imaginative" history myths belong in the library section of "fictitious Protestant stories"!
if it's verifiable as you claim, why don't you do so,show undeniable proof the catholic church is the true church of jesus/god,show me where he says this? what book is it written in? been waiting a long time for you to prove what you say is true,but you never follow through,if it's not written how can it be true?we are suppose to take the word of a man in charge of an tirantical religious group? a group that used torture,starvation,murder to get people to follow the churches false traditions? not likely,and the fact you never answer a question straight on makes me suspect,why don't you do that? you speak of the book of mathew quite often,i've read it,and it does not state anywhere that "MY CHURCH" means the catholic church. prove it.
preston

Waverly, OH

#422510 Feb 14, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
It is some kind of flaw in the Topix algorithm, or perhaps has to do with internet routing, which is complex.
For example, when I post from a McDonald's, it usually says I am in Texas, I think (Houston?), even though I have not left Oklahoma, and even when I am in northeastern Oklohoma, quite q ways from the atexas border.
I would not put much on location oddities on Topix.
arob
pay attention. saban is trying to say that truth, a catholic is me.

and anyone that has been on here for some time knows that she is a refugee from the muslim/serbian war against catholics

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#422511 Feb 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite frankly---there is not one Catholic on this forum or any of the other 1.6 Billion Catholics around the world, "could care less" what you think..... The Church that Jesus Christ instituted was historically Proven to be "Universal (Catholic)" one in the same. Call it Universal if you want--it is still One Universal Catholic Apostolic Church.----"Who says" that the word Catholic has to be in the bible in order for it to be true. "Who says" that every word, every phrase, every sentence, must be in the bible in order in order for it to be true! Bible only Protestants, in their dillusional, distorted and twisted anti-catholic thinking are the only ones that say so.---Where is the (exact) word "bible" in the bible? Where are the words bible only??Where is the word Trinity? Where is the word Sola Scriptura? ANSWER: NOWHERE!!! Where does it say "in the bible" that God chose to transmit His infallible word ONLY in the bible! Answer again: NOWHERE!!----You bible only "fundies" just keep "making things up" to fit your anti-catholic animosity, vengeance and hatred--as you "go along"---desperately "hoping that something sticks" and that someone ANYONE will believe in your "hear-say" history book legends and myths. As an ex-Protestant for over 35 years, I know the "bible only game" of contradicting and inconsistent self-interpreting "of the bible" all too well. It is a game of "half-truth, half-heresy" Christianity where your "personal opinions" are the final authority. 42,000+ conflicting denominations of Protestant confusion and chaos, growing and growing in confusion--each and every day. YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!---IT IS ALL YOURS!!!
You are not facing the truth!!!! You have got to be a Catholic through and through!!!

I said not one word about "what I think"...I asked two questions...which you flat refuse to answer...because you know the answer will reveal the truth..

Oxbow wrote: 440
In Rev 2, Christ addresses the seven (7) churches.
Why did He not refer to any of them as "Church"....why did not He refer to any as the Roman Catholic Church???!!!!

Since: Feb 13

Fishers, IN

#422512 Feb 14, 2013
As a person who was raised in a very traditional Catholic family, I am not in the least surprised that the Pope thinks the RCC is the only true church.

In fact, the papal bull Unam Sanctam states at the end: "Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that every human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff".

Personally, I think it's an utterly silly idea.

Location hidden

#422513 Feb 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The First gentiles that were born again is the Household of Cornelius
Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the -->Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days
___
UNTIL the Household of Cornelius WAS SAVED...THE GENTILES WERE CONSIDERED DOGS...
READ ABOUT IT...
Mat 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
Mat 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
Mat 15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
Mat 15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
Mat 15:28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
Not even close...

There is no cure for stupid....

Christ was a Jew...He taught in their synagogues...

What can be more asinine than to think He built a church only for Gentiles (non Jewish) and not for Jewish people!!!!

Think about it....how many Jews attend a Catholic church service!!!!!

FYI: There is no issue with Jews attending Catholic funerals from the perspective of the Catholic Church. However, most Jews will not enter a church due to Jewish law prohibiting participating in religious services of another religion.

Location hidden

#422514 Feb 14, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Born a jew, his family were jews, his friends were all jews, john baptist jew, 12 apostles all jews and all of them practiced their jewish belief/customs devoutly. Died a jew, layed to rest in jewish custom/tradition, but 3 days later dumps his life long jewish faith, and starts an entirely new belief system that does not include the jews.
....and no one outside of converted christians ever claims such a man ever lived.
....makes no common sense
I will nominate this as the third most asinine statement I have seen on this forum!!! Quote: but 3 days later dumps his life long jewish faith, and starts an entirely new belief system that does not include the jews.

According to all misled Catholic, this is where He built His Catholic Church: Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.{Peter: this name signifies a rock}..

This was while He still lived!!!! He had not been crucified, died, buried, and risen yet!!!????
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#422515 Feb 14, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>pay attention. saban is trying to say that truth, a catholic is me.
and anyone that has been on here for some time knows that she is a refugee from the muslim/serbian war against catholics
_What--???
You are not "truth"
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#422516 Feb 14, 2013
Darth Bob wrote:
As a person who was raised in a very traditional Catholic family, I am not in the least surprised that the Pope thinks the RCC is the only true church.
In fact, the papal bull Unam Sanctam states at the end: "Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that every human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff".
Personally, I think it's an utterly silly idea.
I couldn't agree with you more, The bible says we are to be subject to Christ alone.

Acts 4:10-13

King James Version (KJV)

10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

This says nothing about a denomination that saves us.
Or a man that leads it.

"ITS ALL ABOUT JESUS"
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422517 Feb 14, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>pay attention. saban is trying to say that truth, a catholic is me.
I just thought I'd point out that I am not Saban. Saban's taxes each year are much more than my gross pay. I am a fan of Saban's.

Not that accuracy matters to you.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#422518 Feb 14, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Asteroids do not bring Sulphur.
No impact crater has been found.
God had sent warnings to the Sodomites.
Fire AND Brimstone fell asphixiating the people with the burning Sulphur.
This just doesn't happen with any Asteroid observed so far.
Just a bunch of "scientists" trying to eliminate God
No. Science at work.

Just because it disproves a story written by who knows who, you seem dismayed.

It also appears that you read only the title and that was it - not even reading the article - which explains what they suspect happened.

Why don't you try reading it again. You don't have a reading ciomprehension problem do you?

You'll notice that the trail of asteroid debris was the culprit, not the asteroid itself.

Albuquerque, NM

#422519 Feb 14, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Asteroids do not bring Sulphur.
No impact crater has been found.
God had sent warnings to the Sodomites.
Fire AND Brimstone fell asphixiating the people with the burning Sulphur.
This just doesn't happen with any Asteroid observed so far.
Just a bunch of "scientists" trying to eliminate God
BTW - to these pre-history folks, of course they are going to say it was "God", because of there illiteracy in Scientific knowledge that wasn't available until much later in the centuries.

But you, a so-called "Christian", believe the vague terms used, because it encapsulates your vague belief.

Learn the religion you so highly tout, before making up stories to support more made up stories.

Prove that "God" did anything.

I'll wait.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#422520 Feb 14, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
It is some kind of flaw in the Topix algorithm, or perhaps has to do with internet routing, which is complex.
For example, when I post from a McDonald's, it usually says I am in Texas, I think (Houston?), even though I have not left Oklahoma, and even when I am in northeastern Oklohoma, quite q ways from the atexas border.
I would not put much on location oddities on Topix.
arob
I am in Sudbury, but my avatar sometimes says Ottawa. once it said Hamilton. I sarted to use Dude on another thread because the guys on there were not kind to females.

Since: Feb 13

Fishers, IN

#422521 Feb 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree with you more, The bible says we are to be subject to Christ alone.
Acts 4:10-13
King James Version (KJV)
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
This says nothing about a denomination that saves us.
Or a man that leads it.
"ITS ALL ABOUT JESUS"
In the interests of full disclosure, I'm no longer a Christian. Some would call me an atheist, but I prefer the term non-theist, or (more accurately) nullafidian.

That said, I do find the exceptionalist attitude of the RCC to be pretty silly.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#422522 Feb 14, 2013
John Brown wrote:
What part of Yahweh is not A god do you sheeple not understand.....His name Is Yahweh And because of the divine reverence of his name was believed to be to holy to be spoken.Man changed his name and made him a god.....the very thing he warns you not to worship god and or gods This Is one of satans greatest deceptions.And as revelation 12/9 say's the whole world is deceived.
And lets not leave out the fact that the roman catholick church is the woman that sits on seven hills named after seven different gods. And is with out a teacher but for satan.and has admitted to changing the sabbath from Saturday to Sunday they done away with the feast days for pagan holidays.And has changed the laws And if I remember right he say's do not add to or take away from his word...And this is what I read on here day after day his word.....His words are his laws....that no one keeps....And thus the reason we live in A sin sick world.
And he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of sin can you imagine what he will do to this world...
Is your leader's son still in prison for molesting a youth?

The YAHWEH movement is a fightening mess,and your leader especially is narcisstic,self driven,and a demi-god.What else is new? We here on this thread would rather be in the present day churches of Christianity,than to be in a cult that has to hdie outside of a city,and badger its members to conform.Cults only destroy the lives of men and women,especially their souls.

Albuquerque, NM

#422523 Feb 14, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess, Michael, that you have no hope of the return of Christ in Glory to resurrect those who are His.
Sad.
Because it won't happen.

When someone dies, they transcend to the spiritual world.

There is no waiting, except for so-called "Christians" who beleive this to be the path.

Do you have any proof that this will occur?

Nope, huh? Just the "faith" of Self that it will.

Why don't you beleive Jesus?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 17 hr Gee-Tee 8,721
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Fri QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web