Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595887 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#422454 Feb 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I am not a Catholic. I merely was admiring the logic and arguments made in the above post.
The problem with protestant fundies is that they have very poor thinking skills. Protestants typically pick and choose what they believe through private interpretation. Any reasonable person can see the flaw with this. To give an example Martin Luther added the word "alone" to Romans 3:28 to teach his private interpretation of scripture that you are saved by faith alone and not by works. Delusional protestant fundies have no problem with private interpretation, and this is why there is 42000 denominations. This makes no sense. You should really ask yourself why there are so many denominations, and why this is a good thing to be so divided?
What about all those denominations first the list includes many RC denominations.
It also counts the Baptists in every country as one and so on as they are registered in their respective countries even though affiliated with the main office where ever that may be.

So right of the bat the list gets some 150 times larger as denominations can be over counted by home countries they are in as is the RCC in this number.

Instead of regurtating something you should investigate it first so you know what your are talking about.

But that still leaves a good sized number and the best answer for that is the following.
http://carm.org/what-about-different-denomina...

What about different denominations?

The reason there are different denominations within Christianity is because the Bible allows for us to have differences of opinions. Within Christianity there are very few essential doctrines that define what it means to be a Christian. These essential doctrines are,

Jesus is both God and man (John 1:1,14; 8:24; Col. 2:9; 1 John 4:1-4).
Jesus rose from the dead physically (John 2:19-21; 1 Cor. 15:14).
Salvation is by grace through faith (Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2:8-9; Gal. 3:1-2).
The gospel is the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus (1 Cor. 15:1-4; Gal. 1:8-9).
There is only one God (Exodus 20:3; Isaiah 43:10; 44:6,8).
God exists as a Trinity of persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.(See Trinity).
Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary (nature of incarnation).
As long as a church believes in these essential doctrines, then it is Christian. However, there are many things in the scriptures that have been interpreted in different ways. For example, on what day of the week should we worship, Saturday or Sunday? Should we baptize by sprinkling or baptize by immersion? Do we take communion every Sunday, once a month, or once a year? The answers to these questions do not affect whether or not someone is a Christian. It is in these issues, and others like them, that denominations are formed. It does not mean that one denomination contradicts another. It means that though they agree in the essentials, they differ in some nonessentials. This is permitted in Scripture:

"Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions. 2 One man has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only. 3 Let not him who eats regard with contempt him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats, for God has accepted him. 4 Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and stand he will, for the Lord is able to make him stand. 5 One man regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind," (Rom. 14:1-5).
cont at link above cut for space.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#422455 Feb 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I am not a Catholic. I merely was admiring the logic and arguments made in the above post.
The problem with protestant fundies is that they have very poor thinking skills. Protestants typically pick and choose what they believe through private interpretation. Any reasonable person can see the flaw with this. To give an example Martin Luther added the word "alone" to Romans 3:28 to teach his private interpretation of scripture that you are saved by faith alone and not by works. Delusional protestant fundies have no problem with private interpretation, and this is why there is 42000 denominations. This makes no sense. You should really ask yourself why there are so many denominations, and why this is a good thing to be so divided?
You are not catholic? That's odd -- here defending and "admiring," but not admiring enough to be Catholic?

Very odd.

I admire logic too.

I look at the world and its societies. I see the Americas and using logic, I look at the profound differences between Catholic-majority societies and societies built on Reformation ideals.

Logic tells me that the societies based on Reformation ideals are more just, better educated, more democratic, and in general -- are societies where people would rather live.

But if you love and admire the Catholic logic, why are you here? Why not Mexico City instead?

LOL
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#422456 Feb 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU read it!! TRUE, authenticated and verifiable Apostolic Church History by the Apologist Historian writers from (both Catholic and Protestant.---They overwhelmingly agree that Jesus Christ established ONE UNIVERSAL (Catholic) CHURCH beginning with the Church at Antioch. Paul letters to the Churches in Ephesis, Corinth, Galatia, Thessalonica, and on and on, confirm this, over and over agin. The fact is that your anti-catholic "hear-say" history books of legends are just plain "made up", distorted and in denial of the truth of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY....... Your, "imaginative" history myths belong in the library section of "fictitious Protestant stories"!
If you hate Protestants so much, why not walk your talk to a society based on Catholic ideals -- instead of this terrible hellhole based on the Reformation?

I just don't get it? Why not walk your constant talk and go south to Catholic land?

We know. Who wants to live with the fruits of Catholicism today?

Backwardness, crime, poverty, etc. Catholics are escaping those societies as fast as they can -- for the fruits of anti-Catholicism: democracy, justice, human rights, opportunity, freedom, etc.

That's called REALITY.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#422457 Feb 14, 2013
Catholics are like Communists.

Both tell us about the virtues of their belief system.

But when possible, both avoid the fruits of their systems.

... They tell us everything that's wrong with the USA, but few Communists in the USA will ever move to Cuba.

... They tell us everything that's wrong with the USA, but few Catholics will ever move to a Catholic-majority society to the south.

Yep, the Reformation was terrible, but the fruits sure are sweet.

Catholics and Communists - all talk, zero walk.
Free Mind

Melbourne, FL

#422458 Feb 14, 2013
The Reformation resulted in the American Bill of Rights -- at the time considered one of the most anti-Catholic documents ever written.

Jury of one's peers.

Separation of church and state.

Democracy, freedom, human rights...

Human Rights -- granted directly from God, not through the Catholic church.

The Reformation was the worse thing ever, so why on earth do Catholics want to live in this horrid country that they hate?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#422460 Feb 14, 2013
concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
..Protestant Churches do not as you say believe in private Interpretation.
They believe in Sola Scriptoria or only use scripture to form doctrine.
..
Not true protestant churches have lots of teachings outside of the Bible. For example the main doctrines such as the trinity and incarnation are based on Catholic creeds.

Of course its about private interpretation. You just dont like to face the facts that you are in rebellion because of your unauthorised traditions and in rebellion with the catholic church.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#422461 Feb 14, 2013
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I look at the world and its societies. I see the Americas and using logic, I look at the profound differences between Catholic-majority societies and societies built on Reformation ideals.
The success of the American economy is built on a number of factors. I wouldnt put whichever religion is the main one being followed at the top of that list. It seems to me that Americans follow a whole number of religions and within Christianity there are 000s of sects. So you cannot claim that the success of America is down to one religious faction. I think it more likely that it is due to hard work, including the hard work of immigrants inc Mexicans ;), and by having an abundance of natural resources.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#422462 Feb 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
440
<quoted text>
There is no cure for stupid....
Christ was a Jew...He taught in their synagogues...
What can be more asinine than to think He built a church only for Gentiles (non Jewish) and not for Jewish people!!!!
Think about it....how many Jews attend a Catholic church service!!!!!
~~~

The First gentiles that were born again is the Household of Cornelius

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the -->Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days

___

UNTIL the Household of Cornelius WAS SAVED...THE GENTILES WERE CONSIDERED DOGS...

READ ABOUT IT...

Mat 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Mat 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
Mat 15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

Mat 15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Mat 15:28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#422463 Feb 14, 2013
UNTIL the Household of Cornelius WAS SAVED...THE GENTILES WERE CONSIDERED DOGS...

~~~~

THE GENTILES... ARE NOT THE ROOT/FOUNDATION OF THE GOSPEL....WE HAVE BEEN GRAFTED IN..
The Apostle Paul wrote.

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:


Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Rom 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
Rom 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Rom 11:34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

Rom 11:35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

Rom 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

The arrogance of the gentile Roman CONSTANTINA church is obscene..in their claiming to have the monopoly and franchise upon Christianity..
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#422464 Feb 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
440
<quoted text>
There is no cure for stupid....
Christ was a Jew...He taught in their synagogues...
What can be more asinine than to think He built a church only for Gentiles (non Jewish) and not for Jewish people!!!!
Think about it....how many Jews attend a Catholic church service!!!!!
Born a jew, his family were jews, his friends were all jews, john baptist jew, 12 apostles all jews and all of them practiced their jewish belief/customs devoutly. Died a jew, layed to rest in jewish custom/tradition, but 3 days later dumps his life long jewish faith, and starts an entirely new belief system that does not include the jews.

....and no one outside of converted christians ever claims such a man ever lived.

....makes no common sense
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#422465 Feb 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
The arrogance of the gentile Roman CONSTANTINA church is obscene..in their claiming to have the monopoly and franchise upon Christianity..
You are an idiot.

1 Timothy 3:15
"If I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth."

Why does Paul say the church is the pillar and foundation of truth?

According to you nutjobs, he should be saying 42000 churches (plural) are the truth or the Bible is the pillar and bulwark of the truth?

Isnt it obvious that you are picking and choosing what to believe.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#422466 Feb 14, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess, Michael, that you have no hope of the return of Christ in Glory to resurrect those who are His.
Sad.
Hope does not make or create reality.

.... If you read your scriptures Jesus promised to return before the end of the first generation. A failed prophecy.

...When did Jesus say his return would be? While he said no one, including himself, knew the exact time of his return.

Why wouldn't Jesus know his own return date? He is suppose to be GOD! God knows all. Right?

BUSTED!
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#422467 Feb 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
440
<quoted text>
There is no cure for stupid....
Christ was a Jew...He taught in their synagogues...
What can be more asinine than to think He built a church only for Gentiles (non Jewish) and not for Jewish people!!!!
Think about it....how many Jews attend a Catholic church service!!!!!
yeppers the gentiles are the ones grafted in not the other way around. Jews now have to be grafted back in same as the gentiles.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#422468 Feb 14, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot.
1 Timothy 3:15
"If I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth."
Why does Paul say the church is the pillar and foundation of truth?
According to you nutjobs, he should be saying 42000 churches (plural) are the truth or the Bible is the pillar and bulwark of the truth?
Isnt it obvious that you are picking and choosing what to believe.
~~~

Evidently you CAN'T READ...

I GAVE YOU BOOK CHAPTER AND EVEN COPIED THE VERSES TO PROVE WHAT I WROTE..

CALL ME WHAT YOU WISH ..i am whom God says I am...

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

EVIDENTLY YOU THINK YOU KNOW MORE THAN GOD...RIGHT?
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#422469 Feb 14, 2013
The election of the next Pope is much like a car or horse race. We know who the winner is but we never remember who came second.

If the holy spirit is suppose to be guiding the decision process of the voting cardinals, why do all the cardinals not vote for the same cardinal to become pope?

Shouldn't their voting be 100% unanimous? Do some cardinals not get the memo from the HS?

.....something is terribly wrong!

Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#422470 Feb 14, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
If the holy spirit is suppose to be guiding the decision process of the voting cardinals, why do all the cardinals not vote for the same cardinal to become pope?
That wouldnt be free will and a free choice then would it

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#422471 Feb 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Evidently you CAN'T READ...
I GAVE YOU BOOK CHAPTER AND EVEN COPIED THE VERSES TO PROVE WHAT I WROTE..
CALL ME WHAT YOU WISH ..i am whom God says I am...
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
EVIDENTLY YOU THINK YOU KNOW MORE THAN GOD...RIGHT?
THE GENTILES WERE CALLED HEATHENS, STRANGERS, AND DOGS IN THE BIBLE,

UNTIL JESUS DIED UPON CALVARY'S CROSS...

BY THE DEATH RESURRECTION AND ASCENSION OF JESUS..WE WERE GRAFTED IN...

THE APOSTLE PAUL WAS THE APOSTLE OF THE GENTILES...NOT PETER...

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422472 Feb 14, 2013
Looking for something to give up for "Lent"?

Colossians 2:20-23

Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:“Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

Matthew 15:1-20

Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked,“Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”

Jesus replied,“And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? For God said,‘Honor your father and mother' and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’”

Jesus called the crowd to him and said,“Listen and understand. What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

Then the disciples came to him and asked,“Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”

He replied,“Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

Peter said,“Explain the parable to us.”

“Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them.“Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

So... What to give up for "Lent"??

My answer?

The best thing to give up for "Lent" is "Lent".

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#422473 Feb 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE GENTILES WERE CALLED HEATHENS, STRANGERS, AND DOGS IN THE BIBLE,
UNTIL JESUS DIED UPON CALVARY'S CROSS...
BY THE DEATH RESURRECTION AND ASCENSION OF JESUS..WE WERE GRAFTED IN...
THE APOSTLE PAUL WAS THE APOSTLE OF THE GENTILES...NOT PETER...
Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
~~~
READ WHAT GOD DID FOR THE GENTILES THROUGH THE SUFFERINGS AND DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST FOR US GENTILES..

Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,(by grace ye are saved;)

Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

NOTE-->
Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember,-->that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#422474 Feb 14, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
Looking for something to give up for "Lent"?
Colossians 2:20-23
Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:“Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.
Matthew 15:1-20
Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked,“Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”
Jesus replied,“And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? For God said,‘Honor your father and mother' and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:
“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’”
Jesus called the crowd to him and said,“Listen and understand. What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”
Then the disciples came to him and asked,“Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”
He replied,“Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”
Peter said,“Explain the parable to us.”
“Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them.“Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”
So... What to give up for "Lent"??
My answer?
The best thing to give up for "Lent" is "Lent".
~~
IN OVER 60 YEARS OF BIBLE STUDY
I HAVE FOUND NO SCRIPTURAL FOUNDATION FOR LENT..
PLEASE GIVE ONE ..IF YOU CAN FIND IT...FOR US TO READ...
BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSE PLEASE...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 11 hr Crazy 9,526
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... 23 hr 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web