Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599890 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Chicago, IL

#422375 Feb 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me Clay, which doctrines and/or dogmas are "serious Christian matters"?
How do they play out with saving someone? How do you know they do?
What evidence do you have to support your position besides men talking about it? We already know men wrote the Bible, did you have something that proves otherwise?
If you truly believe that there are "serious Christian matters" that are embedded in Christianity, we all already know only men came up with them, as there are no existing "God" writings to verify the "He" even exists.
And please don't go on the basis that "Faith" is your governing party, because I've already shown and proven that aspect to be a character of Self.
So whatcha got?
Enlighten me.....if you can.
Thanks!
You remind me of my pot head nephew. Lol

Why do you believe men. Men men men?

It sounds like your gospel of Thomas was determined authentic by ... Um .. Men.

Serious Christian matters would be, for one: Salvation and how to attain it.
The sola scripturist can't seem to agree.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#422376 Feb 13, 2013
<quoted text>
If one is to compare these passages to the non-canonical texts in GoThomas, one will find that the characterization of Jesus is more profound:
(28) Jesus says:
(1) "I stood in the middle of the world, and in flesh I appeared to them.
(2) I found all of them drunk. None of them did I find thirsty.
(3) And my soul ached for the children of humanity,
because they are blind in their heart, and they cannot see;
for they came into the world empty,
(and) they also seek to depart from the world empty.
(4) But now they are drunk.
(But) when they shake off their wine, then they will change their mind."
- the transcendence of knowing Spirit lives on after we die
(37)
(1) His disciples said: "When will you appear to us, and when will we see you?"
(2) Jesus said: "When you undress without being ashamed and take your clothes
(and) put them under your feet like little children (and) trample on them,
(3) then [you] will see the son of the Living One, and you will not be afraid."
- examining yourself - even in those uncompromising positions, one should not sway from knowing that their Spirit requires nothing except itself to reach the glory of our Father.
(50) Jesus says:
(1) If they say to you:‘Where do you come from?’(then) say to them:‘We have come from the light, the place where the light has come into being by itself, has established [itself] and has appeared in their image.’
(2) If they say to you:‘Is it you?’(then) say:‘We are his children, and we are the elect of the living Father.’
(3) If they ask you:‘What is the sign of your Father among you?’(then) say to them:‘It is movement and repose.’"
- Staying true to your Self - others cannot damage "the good of Spirit", but only to themselves when they speak out against those who are aware.
(77) Jesus says:
(1) "I am the light that is over all. I am the All.
The All came forth out of me. And to me the All has come."
(2) "Split a piece of wood – I am there.
(3) Lift the stone, and you will find me there."
- Spirit is present everywhere - although we cannot see it - "smaller than a mustard seed"
(91)
(1) They said to him: "Tell us who you are so that we may believe in you."
(2) He said to them: "You examine the face of sky and earth,
but the one who is before you, you have not recognized,
and you do not know how to test this opportunity."
- One not need any organizaed religion to understand that their Spirit is how they will achieve "greatness" in the Lord.
Self and the living Spirit is the message he taught.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
Lol. That is funny. Please post this to Preston and that guy who's concerned about Egypt. It seems they are missing other books too.
Boy, that Jesus from Thomas sounds like a totally different guy then the one from the Gospel of the NT.
John Brown

Oklahoma City, OK

#422377 Feb 13, 2013
What part of Yahweh is not A god do you sheeple not understand.....His name Is Yahweh And because of the divine reverence of his name was believed to be to holy to be spoken.Man changed his name and made him a god.....the very thing he warns you not to worship god and or gods This Is one of satans greatest deceptions.And as revelation 12/9 say's the whole world is deceived.

And lets not leave out the fact that the roman catholick church is the woman that sits on seven hills named after seven different gods. And is with out a teacher but for satan.and has admitted to changing the sabbath from Saturday to Sunday they done away with the feast days for pagan holidays.And has changed the laws And if I remember right he say's do not add to or take away from his word...And this is what I read on here day after day his word.....His words are his laws....that no one keeps....And thus the reason we live in A sin sick world.

And he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of sin can you imagine what he will do to this world.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#422378 Feb 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You remind me of my pot head nephew. Lol
You sound like you are joining him.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you believe men. Men men men?
It sounds like your gospel of Thomas was determined authentic by ... Um .. Men.
I don't believe men, I believe in what I have experienced and why I experienced it. So you are still wrong.

Actually men decided that it wasn't authentic.

Just like the ones who decided for what you are to believe.

Yep....men.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>Serious Christian matters would be, for one: Salvation and how to attain it.
Yes - to believe in the teachings of Jesus on the subject.

Yet you don't, huh? Imagine that.

[QUOTE who="Clay"]<quote d text>The sola scripturist can't seem to agree.
Diverting again? I'm not "ss".

Sorry to disappoint you.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#422379 Feb 13, 2013
Can everybody see plainly the wind up to the Great Climax of Jesus' Return in the clouds?

The Catholic Church is positioning itself with a new pope, USA has no answer to its financial & health & unemployment problems, North Korea has detonated a nuclear bomb & shaken the earth,Iran had a protest march with 1000's yelling "Death to America" & they threaten to destroy Israel ASAP.

In contrast, God's remnant people are reading the Bible through & are praying for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit to warn the world so Jesus can come back.

The world as we know it will never be the same again, it is deteriorating so quickly that if Jesus doesn't come soon we will destroy ourselves.
He made this world & He will be the one to destroy it.

Wonderful Love! He will also recreate it as a Home for His Loved ones, & death & war,sickness & hatred will be no more but will be replaced with Love Eternal.

Albuquerque, NM

#422380 Feb 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. That is funny. Please post this to Preston and that guy who's concerned about Egypt. It seems they are missing other books too.
Boy, that Jesus from Thomas sounds like a totally different guy then the one from the Gospel of the NT.
That is....because he is....and more direct in his teachings of his philosophy than the NT.

Take the challenge to combine them together, learn them together, and then you will be able to fully understand Jesus.

It will be "astonishing" to say the least.

Albuquerque, NM

#422381 Feb 13, 2013
John Brown wrote:
And he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of sin can you imagine what he will do to this world.
Not according to this scientific study....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,343674,00...

Move past the words and understand their meaning.
- New Age Spiritual Leader
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#422382 Feb 13, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Can everybody see plainly the wind up to the Great Climax of Jesus' Return in the clouds?
The Catholic Church is positioning itself with a new pope, USA has no answer to its financial & health & unemployment problems, North Korea has detonated a nuclear bomb & shaken the earth,Iran had a protest march with 1000's yelling "Death to America" & they threaten to destroy Israel ASAP.
In contrast, God's remnant people are reading the Bible through & are praying for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit to warn the world so Jesus can come back.
The world as we know it will never be the same again, it is deteriorating so quickly that if Jesus doesn't come soon we will destroy ourselves.
He made this world & He will be the one to destroy it.
Wonderful Love! He will also recreate it as a Home for His Loved ones, & death & war,sickness & hatred will be no more but will be replaced with Love Eternal.
Tiger Liley says....

....The world as we know it will never be the same again, it is deteriorating so quickly that if Jesus doesn't come soon we will destroy ourselves.

Michael says.....

...Get all your friends to pray to Jesus, HELP! "please come soon"

... I am SURE! Jesus will answer your prayers and return to earth immediately, and we will then all live happily ever after.

...have your prayers ever failed before?

Albuquerque, NM

#422383 Feb 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>

Serious Christian matters would be, for one: Salvation and how to attain it.
Many religions and cultures have an "idea" on how one is to be saved.

You aren't that special.
preston

Waverly, OH

#422384 Feb 13, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they had to repent, but if they were save when they repented why does the verse read:
38 Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
Could they have been added to their number without baptism?
Weren't you the person I asked to find me an example of a conversion just like yours in scripture? If it wasn't you, still, can you do it? Should be easy, shouldn't it!
a conversion exerpience is not the same as a Holy Ghost experience and I gave you my being filled with the Holy Ghost. and that is waht we are talking about. your chrch deemd it necessary that people like you would receive the Holy Ghost when you got Baptised. and John shows that only when a person seeks Righteousness and is thirsting for that, then he will be filled, and I was filled to overflowing until holes opened up in my belly and water came gushing out. and even tho, a lot of water came out, I slept on a dry bed and I dont and cant udnerstand how God did that.
as far as conversion experiences go, mine is no different than anyothers, I was lost and i asked God to forgive me, and He did and i knew it as His spirit started at teh top of my head and went clear down to the soles of my feet, and like LTM said, it felt like electricity went thru my body. many years later I felt another experience like that one. when i had an asthma attack and had to have a shot of adrenaline. that shot quickened me and relieved my asthma, and that is what God does, He quickens us by His spirit. it was the same feeling.

and unlike what you didnt feel, I did feel and knew that I had been forgiven and cleansed by His blood. campbell didnt beleive in a feeling of knowing that a person had been saved since that shoots down his false theology
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#422385 Feb 13, 2013
Not according to this scientific study....
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,343674,00...
Move past the words and understand their meaning.
- New Age Spiritual Leader
Asteroids do not bring Sulphur.
No impact crater has been found.
God had sent warnings to the Sodomites.
Fire AND Brimstone fell asphixiating the people with the burning Sulphur.
This just doesn't happen with any Asteroid observed so far.

Just a bunch of "scientists" trying to eliminate God
preston

Waverly, OH

#422386 Feb 13, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where I have typed cypress.
Let's see your research on this little project....
cant, nor can I show you where I said that you did either. keep up or else take notes.the person that said it was cypress was oxbox.
SEE THIS, HE ANSWERED A POST THAT I MADE TO YOU. JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF YOU ACTING DEVIOUS AND DECEITFUL.
Oxbow

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#422237 17 hrs ago
Judged:
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>any body who doesnt know what [gopher wood] was, shouldnt be teaching any bible to any person until they get saved. and all your uncle did is get you wet, you still are lost. and if you ever get saved, you will not allow that door on your campbellite church hit you in the back, you will leave it so fast.
Your words are the second most asinine I have seen on this forum!!!!

Nobody...saved or otherwise...knows for certain what gopher wood was!!!!!

gopher wood:(Christian Religious Writings / Bible) the wood used in the construction of Noah's ark, thought to be a type of cypress (Genesis 6:14)

gopher wood: a kind of tree or wood (as used for building), apparently the cypress:-- gopher.

Oxbow SEE THIS.

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#422237 17 hrs ago
Judged:
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>any body who doesnt know what [gopher wood] was, shouldnt be teaching any bible to any person until they get saved. and all your uncle did is get you wet, you still are lost. and if you ever get saved, you will not allow that door on your campbellite church hit you in the back, you will leave it so fast.
Your words are the second most asinine I have seen on this forum!!!!

Nobody...saved or otherwise...knows for certain what gopher wood was!!!!!

gopher wood:(Christian Religious Writings / Bible) the wood used in the construction of Noah's ark, thought to be a type of cypress (Genesis 6:14)

gopher wood: a kind of tree or wood (as used for building), apparently the cypress:-- gopher.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#422387 Feb 13, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
Tiger Lily says....
....The world as we know it will never be the same again, it is deteriorating so quickly that if Jesus doesn't come soon we will destroy ourselves.
Michael says.....
...Get all your friends to pray to Jesus, HELP! "please come soon"
... I am SURE! Jesus will answer your prayers and return to earth immediately, and we will then all live happily ever after.
...have your prayers ever failed before?
I guess, Michael, that you have no hope of the return of Christ in Glory to resurrect those who are His.
Sad.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#422388 Feb 13, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>a conversion exerpience is not the same as a Holy Ghost experience and I gave you my being filled with the Holy Ghost. and that is waht we are talking about. your chrch deemd it necessary that people like you would receive the Holy Ghost when you got Baptised. and John shows that only when a person seeks Righteousness and is thirsting for that, then he will be filled, and I was filled to overflowing until holes opened up in my belly and water came gushing out. and even tho, a lot of water came out, I slept on a dry bed and I dont and cant udnerstand how God did that.
as far as conversion experiences go, mine is no different than anyothers, I was lost and i asked God to forgive me, and He did and i knew it as His spirit started at teh top of my head and went clear down to the soles of my feet, and like LTM said, it felt like electricity went thru my body. many years later I felt another experience like that one. when i had an asthma attack and had to have a shot of adrenaline. that shot quickened me and relieved my asthma, and that is what God does, He quickens us by His spirit. it was the same feeling.
and unlike what you didnt feel, I did feel and knew that I had been forgiven and cleansed by His blood. campbell didnt beleive in a feeling of knowing that a person had been saved since that shoots down his false theology
Oh Brother that's the best one yet Percy.
That scripture you are trying to apply to yourself has not one thing to do with what you just tried passing off.

I believe this one tops you seeing jesus in Vietnam and Grandpa coming back from the dead and payed you a visit etc.

Percy Wrote:

I was filled to overflowing until holes opened up in my belly and water came gushing out. and even tho, a lot of water came out, I slept on a dry bed and I dont and cant udnerstand how God did that.
preston

Waverly, OH

#422389 Feb 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
342 232
<quoted text>
Judaism (from the Latin Iudaismus, derived from the Greek Ioudaïsmos, and ultimately from the Hebrew &#1497;&#1492;&#14 93;&#1491;&#1492;, Yehudah, "Judah"; in Hebrew: &#1497;&#1492;&#14 91;&#1493;&#1514;, Yahadut, the distinctive characteristics of the Judean ethnos) is the religion, philosophy and way of life of the Jewish people.
I will stick to my Christian beliefs and teachings...
look stupid, the info from the jewish people had nothing to do with any christian belief and teachings.
christians wouldnt know anything about Christ if it wasnt for the jewish people, and it looks like you never paid any attention inyour sunday school classes if you even went.probably cut those classes, and went to the local bar to get your info on life.
preston

Waverly, OH

#422390 Feb 13, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Brother that's the best one yet Percy.
That scripture you are trying to apply to yourself has not one thing to do with what you just tried passing off.
I believe this one tops you seeing jesus in Vietnam and Grandpa coming back from the dead and payed you a visit etc.
Percy Wrote:
I was filled to overflowing until holes opened up in my belly and water came gushing out. and even tho, a lot of water came out, I slept on a dry bed and I dont and cant udnerstand how God did that.
the campbellite asked if my experience could be found in the bible, and I answered and gave him the place to find that experience.

you mocking the word of God doesnt bother me, it is your soul that you forfeit, not mine. you have been shown the way but you have rejected it for to follow the false prophetess ellen white.

If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

aug. 27,1982 around 3:00 in the morning, as I woke up and was thirsty and started to open a pepsi and the lord spoke to me and said it isnt pepsi that you thirst for, and he was right, and the Holy Ghost was given to me that Friday morning.

and if you are smart enough, go back and you will find out that 8/27/82 was on a friday.lol. it has been over 30 years and if it wasnt a day of remembrance, then I couldnt have remembered that it was on a Friday morning.

my first birth, I cant remember. 11/15/42

my second birth, I cant forget. 8/25/82 around 9:00

36 hours(app) on 8/27/82 I was Baptised by the Holy Ghost.

and even 5 years ago, i have posted this Experience. the Lord told me to lay down and i did, and His Spirt came all over me and I ended up in the crucifixion postition and i took myself out of it and told the Lord that I was not worthy of that position and again the spirit fell on me and i took myself out, and this time the lord told me to stay in this position and that is when holes began to open up, asdn i was filled.

and unlike robert f,i havent thirsted for anything like the false doctrine that you bring to this forum
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#422391 Feb 13, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>the campbellite asked if my experience could be found in the bible, and I answered and gave him the place to find that experience.
you mocking the word of God doesnt bother me, it is your soul that you forfeit, not mine. you have been shown the way but you have rejected it for to follow the false prophetess ellen white.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
aug. 27,1982 around 3:00 in the morning, as I woke up and was thirsty and started to open a pepsi and the lord spoke to me and said it isnt pepsi that you thirst for, and he was right, and the Holy Ghost was given to me that Friday morning.
and if you are smart enough, go back and you will find out that 8/27/82 was on a friday.lol. it has been over 30 years and if it wasnt a day of remembrance, then I couldnt have remembered that it was on a Friday morning.
and even 5 years ago, i have posted this Experience. the Lord told me to lay down and i did, and His Spirt came all over me and I ended up in the crucifixion postition and i took myself out of it and told the Lord that I was not worthy of that position and again the spirit fell on me and i took myself out, and this time the lord told me to stay in this position and that is when holes began to open up, asdn i was filled.
and unlike robert f,i havent thirsted for anything like the false doctrine that you bring to this forum
That's righ Living Water the Spirit of Truth the Holy SPirit not literal water and you having to worry how God kept your bed from getting wet.

As far I as I could tell from your description in your precious post it sounded more like you pissed the bed than recieved the Holy Spirit.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#422392 Feb 13, 2013
preston wrote:
<quoted text>the campbellite asked if my experience could be found in the bible, and I answered and gave him the place to find that experience.
Percy wrote:

the lord told me to stay in this position and that is when holes began to open up, asdn i was filled.

7TH writes:

I hope you people are not buying this ?

The Living Water and being filled with the Holy Spirit has nothing to do with holes opening up and literal water coming out of ones belly.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#422393 Feb 13, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
You know, one doesn't have to keep posting this stuff. The book is call the bible, pick it up yourself and read it.
why depend on these non creditentials people to influence you.
no wonder satan has it easy.
~~~
Yep you make it easy for the devil...

with your LATIN VERSION/translation OF THE BIBLE

THAT LEAVES OUT THE REAL MEAT AND TRUTH OF THE GREEK TRANSLATION.

You Roman Constantians with no credentials.... make it very easy for the devil to deceive as many as you CAN win to him by your pagan lies.

The Credentials of those that are Born again of the Spirit is the inspiration of the Holy Ghost..(THE APPROVAL OF GOD.)
preston

Waverly, OH

#422394 Feb 13, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>
Percy wrote:
the lord told me to stay in this position and that is when holes began to open up, and i was filled.
7TH writes:
I hope you people are not buying this ?
The Living Water and being filled with the Holy Spirit has nothing to do with holes opening up and literal water coming out of ones belly.
for you to say this is blasphemous as you are calling the savior a liar.

He said it would happen, some day, it might occur to you about that .

anyway, if you can prove that my words are a lie, lets see it.

anyway, one can go back on this forum and read my testimony, long before you came on it. shoot, you can even ask Dust Storm who like you has mocked this Experience too.

did you check to see if 8/27/82 was on a friday?

never mind, I googled it for you and this is what shows up when you google [8/27/82 was on a friday].

LEBANON. Beirut.- Magnum Photos Home
LEBANON.Beirut.8/27/82.... LEBANON.Beirut.8/82.A makeshift Jewish service is held in temporary quarter on a Friday, the day of prayer. LEBANON. Beirut.
www.magnumphotos.com/Catalogue/Gilles-&#8... ...- Cached

Budgie Panzer Division Destroyed (Reading Rock Festival 8/27 ...Budgie Panzer Division Destroyed (Reading Rock Festival 8/27/82) randomandwelldone ... Richfield Avenue, Reading, England Friday, August 27, 1982
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Alm_U2HnN...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 8 hr Chimney1 268
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 21 hr par five 84,327
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web