Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,410
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422259 Feb 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you dont even have a clue as to what [gopher wood] really was.it is beleived to actually be pine tree, but if you know that mid eastern part of the Word, it is understandable to realize that we are talking about a form of pine tree,re, the cedars of Lebanon.
so if you think it is an actual type of tree, you are badly mistaken.lol
and you trying to divert by talking about 'strange fire' to me as you did to clay which means nothing to be, it is not what we are discussing, which is your lack of musical instruments.
acts 2:38 starts off with the Word [repent} which is the ONLY way that a persons sins are forgiven, not by water least the blood is of no consequence hereby making the sacrifice nil and void.
as i told lincoln several years ago, hank forever and now you. you claim to follow the teachings of the NT yet there is no example of one person receiving the Holy Ghost while being baptised by water. and i certainly didnt.mine came 36 hours after I was saved. others sometimes years after they are saved.
In him we have redemption through his [blood], the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace." (Ephesians 1:7)NOT ONE MENTION OF WATER SAVING THEM. THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS COME THROUGH THE BLOOD. thanks to the false teachings of campbell and stone, millions of you campbellites are going to wake up in hell.just as will happen to billions of catholics.
Was Jesus baptized in water?

3000 received the Holy Ghost at baptism between Acts 2:38-41.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422260 Feb 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
120 081
Whadda boutit Dan????
In Rev 2, Christ addresses the seven (7) churches.
Why did He not refer to any of them as "Church"....why did not He refer to any as the Roman Catholic Church???!!!!
church....people

Divine side and the human side....

Divine side...Jesus (perfect)....Head of the church (people)....

Human side....members of the body....not so perfect...people listen to the Head of the church....Jesus....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422261 Feb 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
120 081
Whadda boutit Dan????
In Rev 2, Christ addresses the seven (7) churches.
Why did He not refer to any of them as "Church"....why did not He refer to any as the Roman Catholic Church???!!!!
seven golden lampstands.....7 is perfection.... no improvements to be made to the church (people) on the Divine side.....Law of the Lord....

human side....improvements need to be made....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422262 Feb 13, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Acts 2:38 told those very first church members how to receive the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit was PROMISED by God and it will be delivered.....

Baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ....
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422263 Feb 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>any body who doesnt know what [gopher wood] was, shouldnt be teaching any bible to any person until they get saved. and all your uncle did is get you wet, you still are lost. and if you ever get saved, you will not allow that door on your campbellite church hit you in the back, you will leave it so fast.
Whatever Gopher wood is, could we agree it is a description of a type of wood. If so, we could conclude some type of wood was excluded without God having to specifically mention their exclusion.

If you don't like that Biblical example, consider the Lord's Supper. When God specified Bread and Fruit of the Vine all other kinds are excluded. Suppose you know you can attract additional people by offering something they'll enjoy more like cookies and milk instead. Would that be scriptural?

The example I've stated for you from Lev. 10:1 should be considered more thoughtfully by the world's denominations. Worship is not for us to do our way or for our entertainment.

Does calling people names help you attract the lost to be saved?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422264 Feb 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>IF and that is a big IF you know the bible so well why do you not know that James the half brother of Jesus was the head of the Church in jerusalem. why do you not know that. you certainly have been shown that numerous times on this forum
What does that matter? I don't understand what direction you're going in. Honestly, I see very few of these posts unless they are direct replies to me.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422265 Feb 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, can we cut to the chase and you share with us your Born-again-from-above experience so we know plainly who you are, please?
I was called in 2005 and after believing in Him(Jesus)I repented of my sins and He forgave me and gave me the His Spirit and even made me a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
And me and we here who claim to be 'the true church' would like to stay on topic.
Blessings:)
Marge,

Please explain what 'wash away' means???

Think "Spiritual" Marge.....

Clear conscientious, Marge.....

1 Peter 3:21

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you alsoŚnot the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a ~~~~~clear conscience toward God.~~~~~[[[[It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,]]]]]

Hebrews 9:14

14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God,[[[[[cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to (spiritual) death,]]]]] so that we may serve the living God!

Are you getting it now, Marge???

Baptized into His death, burial, and resurrection.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422266 Feb 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Saban fan. I don't believe in denominatonal religion either.
The True Church of God; is not made with the hands of man.
That is why I keep telling all of you to think SPIRITUAL...
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422267 Feb 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol. how much water was used in that upper room that day? have you got a figure?a 100 gallons or more? a creek or a river? tell us teacher.
So then i would presume your experience was what the Apostles experienced in Acts 2:2-4? The mighty rushing wind, tongues like as of fire sitting upon you and the immediate ability to speak in languages you've never learned?

I'd like to hear more about that, except if you did claim your conversion experience was like this it would make Paul to be a liar when in Eph. 4:5 be specifically says there is only "one baptism". The Apostles' experience was unique to them at that time.

Which conversions in the Bible we're similar to yours?
Me? Well, there's Lydia, the Jailer, the Eunuch, Saul, The folks at Samaria (acts 8:5-13) and so on..
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422268 Feb 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah well you didn't answer correctly so that makes me sad.
matter fact you did answer and you were correct in saying that men baptized you.
If it was good enough for Jesus to do it, I'm convinced. Did a man baptize him?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422269 Feb 13, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
And there could be numerous churches of Christ all over the world that I don't know about. Anywhere a Bible can be found a church of Christ is liable to be found.
All are autonomous. There is no central office or divisional headquarters or anything like that - oh, except Heaven. I suppose you could say Heaven is Headquarters.
There is NO earthly headquarters for God's church....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#422270 Feb 13, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever Gopher wood is, could we agree it is a description of a type of wood. If so, we could conclude some type of wood was excluded without God having to specifically mention their exclusion.
If you don't like that Biblical example, consider the Lord's Supper. When God specified Bread and Fruit of the Vine all other kinds are excluded. Suppose you know you can attract additional people by offering something they'll enjoy more like cookies and milk instead. Would that be scriptural?
The example I've stated for you from Lev. 10:1 should be considered more thoughtfully by the world's denominations. Worship is not for us to do our way or for our entertainment.
Does calling people names help you attract the lost to be saved?
Gopher wood could have been cypress wood.....

Cypress trees grow right in water in swamps....

The main thing is Noah did as he was commanded by God....

One door to the ark....

One door to the church.....
Clay

Chicago, IL

#422271 Feb 13, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was good enough for Jesus to do it, I'm convinced. Did a man baptize him?
It doesn't matter. Either way, you would have been baptized under the Prestonians criteria anyway. Once you made the conscious choice to be baptized... Even by water. At the point of your heart and mind deciding to be baptized is the x factor.
Water has always been the route and no future born agains had any authority to undo this.
Saban fan

United States

#422272 Feb 13, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Gopher wood could have been cypress wood.....
Cypress trees grow right in water in swamps....
The main thing is Noah did as he was commanded by God....
One door to the ark....
One door to the church.....
If you are in the church you're in the Ark that saves you. You're in Christ.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#422273 Feb 13, 2013
Not a whole lot of Catholics left on here. After two yrs of facing the brick wall of ignorance has been effective. I'll be wrapping it up shortly to.

I hope we can be clear that the Catholics on here did a remarkable job in conveying the Catholic faith. I've never witnesses such a lopsided debate in my life!

All we asked is that if you're going to disagree with us, do so on what we actually believe and not what you think we believe. This has been the most puzzling aspect of this forum. No matter how many times we corrected your false presumptions about Catholicism, you ignored it and kept on bearing false witness.
After all the finger pointing at Catholics (you worship Mary; you worship statues; you do this; you do that; you think your pope is a god..) in the end, it will be your words as you stand before God to explain the souls you stole from the Church by violating the 9th commandment of God.
Had you not come on here to challenge Catholicism on an open forum and never heard the correct teachings of our faith, you'd probably be ok. But you heard the truth on what we believe, so there can be no excuses for continuing your deceptive finger pointing.
RCC Superiority So BUSTED

Melbourne, FL

#422274 Feb 13, 2013
A rudderless ship, aground on the rocks.

Today - less than 1/4 of Catholics actually practicing.

Traditions peeled away like skin from an onion.

The Cardinals need to make a bold choice.

Michael for Pope.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#422275 Feb 13, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
When God instructed Noah to build the Ark with Gopher wood was any other wood forbidden?
When elements of worship have been highlighted in the first century church could it be possible that other acts of worship are forbidden? Why don't you burn incense to worship? I don't think it was expressly forbidden?
There is a story about two individuals that offered "strange fire" in their offerings to God. He was displeased. Same God now.
Acts 2:38 tells us how to be saved. Peter had just informed these people that they needed to call upon the name of The Lord and they asked What shall we do to be SAVED? Peter told them to be baptized for the remission of their sins. 3000 were added to the Lord's church that day.
~~~

You wrote

When God instructed Noah to build the Ark with Gopher wood was any other wood forbidden?

The answer would be yes...

God deals in specifics.

If Noah had used another kind of wood...In the length of time that Noah took to build the ark...the first part of the structure would have rotted before the final work was finish,..and would not have held up in the flood.

It is as it was with Moses, when he built the portable temple, and when Solomon built the temple in Jerusalem
they were built by the similitude/specifications of the ark and temple and it's furnishings in heaven.

Which is proof positive, that the Church is as old as God is.

God's plan of redemption is given in specifics...it cannot be changed..

The New Testament is a contract..a BLOOD covenant...it cannot be edited, added to deleted from..IT CANNOT BE CHANGED.

Consecrated and signed by the Blood of Jesus

==>who is called the TESTATOR in Hebrews 9:16

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Heb 9:16 ==> For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. <==

-->NOTE<--
Heb 9:18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

JESUS CAME FORTH,... FROM THE GRAVE

TO BE THE EXECUTOR OF HIS/GOD'S WILL,

==>He is seated at the right hand of the Father seeing to it

that the will is being carried out.

Rom_8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again,==>who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Heb_7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

WHEN WE GO TO THE HOUSE OF GOD...

WE GO FOR THE READING OF HIS WILL..

WHICH IS HIS WORD...THE BIBLE..THE DOCUMENT OF OUR INHERITANCE...

~~~

THE ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CHANGE GOD'S WILL ...

BUT

IT IS ILLEGAL TO CHANGE A WILL AFTER THE TESTATOR HAS DIED.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422276 Feb 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
The answer would be yes...
God deals in specifics.
If Noah had used another kind of wood...In the length of time that Noah took to build the ark...the first part of the structure would have rotted before the final work was finish,..and would not have held up in the flood.
It is as it was with Moses, when he built the portable temple, and when Solomon built the temple in Jerusalem
they were built by the similitude/specifications of the ark and temple and it's furnishings in heaven.
Which is proof positive, that the Church is as old as God is.
God's plan of redemption is given in specifics...it cannot be changed..
The New Testament is a contract..a BLOOD covenant...it cannot be edited, added to deleted from..IT CANNOT BE CHANGED.
Consecrated and signed by the Blood of Jesus
==>who is called the TESTATOR in Hebrews 9:16
Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Heb 9:16 ==> For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. <==
-->NOTE<--
Heb 9:18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.
JESUS CAME FORTH,... FROM THE GRAVE
TO BE THE EXECUTOR OF HIS/GOD'S WILL,
==>He is seated at the right hand of the Father seeing to it
that the will is being carried out.
Rom_8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again,==>who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Heb_7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
WHEN WE GO TO THE HOUSE OF GOD...
WE GO FOR THE READING OF HIS WILL..
WHICH IS HIS WORD...THE BIBLE..THE DOCUMENT OF OUR INHERITANCE...
~~~
THE ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CHANGE GOD'S WILL ...
BUT
IT IS ILLEGAL TO CHANGE A WILL AFTER THE TESTATOR HAS DIED.
AMEN. Beautifully stated.
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#422277 Feb 13, 2013
No it is not. The true church is the church of people who follow the teachings of JESUS CHRIST from the bible. catholics follow the pope and not JESUS.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#422278 Feb 13, 2013
fedupwiththemess wrote:
No it is not. The true church is the church of people who follow the teachings of JESUS CHRIST from the bible. catholics follow the pope and not JESUS.
AMEN, Fed.
Truer words were never spoken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 hr kent 83,903
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Mr Sir 8,694
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Fri Cat74 11
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web