Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
406,881 - 406,900 of 538,590 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture does not reference itself.
The Bible doesn't say what's in the Bible, nor does it say it informs to the exclusion of all else.
actually it does it say to not go beyond what is written

Peter endorses Paul's letters equal to OT books and considers his letters scripture

You need to read more.

the NT also says scripture is sufficient for all Chruch issues.

Care for the verses?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

bible make upsidown..they are evil cruk corupt world full of greed and so on
now
you are holy

still you are not save
one way or other way
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

decivers and posessors is not Creator..not at all
evilllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllll
less any lord
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

title is pride..its mean not any lord

heaven is heaven

others are simple possessors
evil great liars..
liar from beginning
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. In fact, the Bible is its best interpreter.
For instance, look at the confusion in the denominational world over the 1000 years mentioned in Rev. Almost everyone takes it literally when John himself in the 1st verse of Rev. tells the reader that the language is symbolic or signified. Yet, those same people that take 1000 years literally in Rev. read about the 1000 hills in Psalms (i think 50:2) and know that it is not literal and that it is a number signifying a number that could be symbolizing all there is.
Whatever the Bible subject or Bible word it has always been possible for me to use the Bible to help offer an interpretation when one is needed. Our creator did not give us something that we could not understand. We're told to study to show ourselves approved. It's all there.
I'm sure you don't claim be a small t teacher of the Word but there are things we know for sure, like How to be Saved(a true church subject), that you know nothing about.

Really, you need to get Saved first and then you can talk, truly it is the Bible way.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

120 081

Whadda boutit Dan????

In Rev 2, Christ addresses the seven (7) churches.

Why did He not refer to any of them as "Church"....why did not He refer to any as the Roman Catholic Church???!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

kuca=home
ja idem kuci=i go home
my home
my birth home
i will give them something
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

who wrote revelation Paul or Jesus or someone else
ha ha ha ha

don't used real god name in vain
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

they teach you
some can kill soul as well body too
don't you
you are not save
noooooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

you stay on my line
how many line you have
Capricorn
cancer
artic
antarctic
don't make me upset
be good
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, can we cut to the chase and you share with us your Born-again-from-above experience so we know plainly who you are, please?
I was called in 2005 and after believing in Him(Jesus)I repented of my sins and He forgave me and gave me the His Spirit and even made me a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
And me and we here who claim to be 'the true church' would like to stay on topic.
Blessings:)
I was lost for years. I knew better but had my selfish reasons for not wanting to submit my life to God. I had sin in my life that I wasn't ready or willing to give up. I tried to learn everything I could to disprove my current faith and while giving it my best effort I eventually converted and I knew down deep I was lost. One day at 22 I just decided I was going to get my life right and put on Christ. I repented of my sin, I confessed before my family, friends, and the few church members present that I believed Jesus was the Son of God, and even though I had a phobia of having my head under water, I braved it and asked my Uncle to baptize me for the forgiveness of my sins to be raised to a new life in Christ.
Currently, I occasionally teach Bible classes at church and am somewhat involved in a few of the different ministries usually just in a support role.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
One Heavenly Father with Jesus Christ (His Son) as His (temporary) Earthly Representative (until His ascention) and appointing Peter as His earthly Representative to lead HIS Church until He (Jesus returns for the second time)...
~~~
THE POSITION OF A POPE IN ROME WAS NEVER CREATED BY GOD THE FATHER...
SUCH A POSITION DOES NOT EXIST...
NEVER DID EXIST ..
NEVER WILL EXIST..
AND JESUS THE SON OF GOD
IS NOT/WAS NOT ...A TEMPORARY SAVIOR.PROPHET PRIEST, KING OR REPRESENTATIVE OF GOD UPON THE EARTH...
THE PROPHECY OF..
Confrinting--As a former bible only Protestant, I know the bible as well, if not better than you and can quote one verse after another just like you! The difference is that you "list a bunch of verses" ---"make them mean" ONLY what you want them to mean" and then "attach" your own "distorted, pervertedand vindictive" personal opinion to them and call it truth!!The FACT is that you have not only (REJECTED) the TRUE INTERPRETATION of Sacred Scripture, but have (INTERJECTED) you own anti-catholic "personal opinion" where-ever it "fits your heretical animosity" against the TRUE, SPOKEN AND STATED WORDS of Jesus Christ HIMSELF, in the Gospels!!---Lets start with Matthew 16:13-21. These are Jesus Christs OWN EXPLICIT words regarding His (on and only) Universal Church. His Church where he appoints Peter as His earthly representative, to LEAD HIS CHURCH...... You, Confrinting, have become an "expert" at "bible verse -burger flipping" with a cafeteria style of Christianity, that "picks and chooses" ONLY what you want to believe, only what you want to hear and only keeps your Protestant (bible verse (shakey) pyramid) from "tumbling down"! God has not appointed you as a minister of the faith in Jesus Christ when you (continually) go so far as to beligerently "reject Jesus Christs OWN SPOKEN WORDS in the Gospels! Lets move on the John 6:47-59 regarding (again) Jesus Christs EXPLICIT SPOKEN WORDS regarding HIS true body and true blood in the Eucharist. Your "entire (half-truth, half-heresy) ministry" is based entirely upon "attacking, condemning and passing your personal opinionated "hate-filled judgement against Jesus Christ Historically and biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church. You do not speak for God!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

ones implemented finish
upside-down

is your church there

Is my Heaven there?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
What did John tell them? Believe and Repent and then what did he tell them?
I baptize you with water, BUT...
But what Sabanfan?
What do you have to do to get Jesus in you?
Yes, Acts 2:38 told those very first church members how to receive the Holy Spirit.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

109 052

Hello Dan!!!!!!!

Speak to me....

Show me the proper noun "Church" in the following.....you can't, because it ain't in there...the noun "church" is....

Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against

Show me "Roman Catholic church"....."church " as in Scripture....
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you don't claim be a small t teacher of the Word but there are things we know for sure, like How to be Saved(a true church subject), that you know nothing about.
Really, you need to get Saved first and then you can talk, truly it is the Bible way.
Marge, bless your heart, respectfully, that finger you have pointed at me is likely connected to three or four more pointed back at you.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

in matrix come long time evil..place what is not belong to them
nooooooooooooooooooooooo
they are wrong
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture does not reference itself.
The Bible doesn't say what's in the Bible, nor does it say it informs to the exclusion of all else.
Christ gave us the best example of all when he stated IT IS WRITTEN !!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, can we cut to the chase and you share with us your Born-again-from-above experience so we know plainly who you are, please?
I was called in 2005 and after believing in Him(Jesus)I repented of my sins and He forgave me and gave me the His Spirit and even made me a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
And me and we here who claim to be 'the true church' would like to stay on topic.
Blessings:)
saban like hank has no Born Again testimony to share with you and us for one simple reason, they arent born again. they are like the men at ephusus, they had had water baptism but not the baptism that comes with being born again. saban like hank thinks that they received the Holy Spirit when they were baptised by their church.

campbell believed not in an emotional Spirtual Experience(know so salvation) since he had not one, then noone else has had one either, and so they follow that misbelief today in their Spiritual blindness
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge, bless your heart, respectfully, that finger you have pointed at me is likely connected to three or four more pointed back at you.
yeah well you didn't answer correctly so that makes me sad.

matter fact you did answer and you were correct in saying that men baptized you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 3 hr ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Crazy 8,273
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Tue christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••