Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,659
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#422189 Feb 12, 2013
3x heaven
bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

planet will go on others side not direction ads they wish

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422190 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Galatians 1:8
"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!"
Does this sound like the teachings would ever change or be amended? Is this a reasonable verse for me to believe that the Bible alone can give me all the instruction I will ever need to know how Christ's church should operate?
Explain how you adhere to the authoritative teaching from Paul to the church at Galatia in Gal. 1:8 and how I am in violation of it.
Scripture does not reference itself.

The Bible doesn't say what's in the Bible, nor does it say it informs to the exclusion of all else.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#422191 Feb 12, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
Dust Storm: "I dont accept your title of Doctors (teachers) either. Those are man made titles teaching every wave of doctrine."
-
You have to be kidding. I KNOW you are kidding. When you have to call the hospital and speak with a doctor ... what do you call them? So in your using an argument like this, it means you are losing the argument and are grasping at straws.
-
JESUS said ... JESUS HIMSELF SAID ... "Call no man your Father." and for the Pope to say it is OK means that the Pope feels he has the right to OVERTURN the very words of Jesus himself.
- Snipped for gossip and slander unproven.
" Acts 7:2, where Stephen refers to "our father Abraham," or in Romans 9:10, where Paul speaks of "our father Isaac."

"But you are not to be called ‘rabbi,’ for you have one teacher,(Rabbi means teacher) and you are all brethren. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. Neither be called ‘masters,’ for you have one master, the Christ" (Matt. 23:8–10).
So if Jesus prohibited call no man teacher nobody knew it but you. Matthew 28:19–20, Christ himself appointed certain men to be teachers in his Church: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations ... TEACHING them to observe all that I have commanded you." Paul speaks of his commission as a teacher: "For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle ... A Teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth" (1 Tim. 2:7); " (Again too bad you werent there to correct them.) For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher" (2 Tim. 1:11). He also reminds us that the Church has an office of teacher: "God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers" (1 Cor. 12:28); and "his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers" (Eph. 4:11). There is no doubt that Paul was not violating Christ’s teaching in Matthew 23 by referring so often to others as "teachers."

Obviously Paul didn't know that you are the Teacher of what it really meant. OOPS! False Teacher

What you seem to miss is that Doctor is the Latin word for TEACHER.

So your teachers called Doctors Latin for teacher with PHD of Heretic Theology professing every wave of Doctrine are ruining your clueless argument. But we know how you like to talk out of both ends.

Mr is also a form of Master, but that you didnt get the point that Jesus was making is quite clear. But thanks for not reading or understanding the article given which was full of scripture that made the point quite well. As I said feelings are not inellectual rebuttals. Jesus said to gouge your eye out too. Are you wearing a patch or did Benny Hinn grow you an eye?

Fathers day and Honoring your Father and Mother must be tough on you.
marge

Ames, IA

#422192 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't use it during worship simply because there is no example of it being used in the first century church. There are many Biblical examples of musical instruments, mostly in the OT, under the Old Law.
God gave us examples in the NT of prayer, preaching/offering invitation, singing hymns and partaking of the Lord's Supper.
Just as Noah was instructed to use Gopher wood, we are sticking to what we know has been instructed and avoiding any worship that has not been prescribed.(See the example in the OT of the offering of strange fire). As I see it, when Noah was told to use Gopher wood all other wood was off limits. Noah knew he could be safe with Gopher wood and I don't think my worship is incorrect when we choose accapella singing. It can be awesome and it can be really bad, but the worship service is not for my entertainment. It is to make sure we please God, His way.
Hey, can we cut to the chase and you share with us your Born-again-from-above experience so we know plainly who you are, please?

I was called in 2005 and after believing in Him(Jesus)I repented of my sins and He forgave me and gave me the His Spirit and even made me a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

And me and we here who claim to be 'the true church' would like to stay on topic.
Blessings:)

truth

Perth, Australia

#422193 Feb 12, 2013
killers of christans and catholic too

you are so ow-full
dracomany zmaje and much more

byyyyyyyyyyyyy

nothing to do with Jesus Christ
this planet going in pit
3x heaven too
bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
why you liked nuclear
truth

Perth, Australia

#422194 Feb 12, 2013
rubbi rubish ha haha teacher
tea c her
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i drink coffe c off e
see deference

nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwww
if they have that seal open they will destroy entire world systematicly
but still they have chanceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i need say
i going doma home=mojoj kuci placuci i pivajuci
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422195 Feb 12, 2013
preston osborn wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but in my church a Person is not BAPTISED in our church as part and parcel of Salvation.
but to be a member they have to be baptised afer they are saved.
see the difference, his[baptisme] is at the same time, ours[baptism] is after Salvation. but his church does have a lot in common with the false cult that you belong to.as far as baptism, except you do yours with tap water while the baby is a few weeks or months old.and they are adults.
and the other thing in common is that this baptism doesnt save either of you.
lucky for you, I will tell it like it is. and I think that John from Nj said that his church, like theres, doesnt play any music instruments either. the campbellites dont do it because the NT doesnt say anything about it which is pretty stupid since it doesnt forbid music[instruments} either.
the nonuse of music came from campbell, so he does use an earthly authorization.
The Churches of Christ generally combine the lack of any historical evidence that the early church used musical instruments in worship[11]:237–238[26]:47[65] :415 and the belief that there is no scriptural support for using instruments in the church's worship service[1][11]:244–246 to decide that instruments should not be used today in worship. Churches of Christ have historically practiced a cappella music in worship services
When God instructed Noah to build the Ark with Gopher wood was any other wood forbidden?

When elements of worship have been highlighted in the first century church could it be possible that other acts of worship are forbidden? Why don't you burn incense to worship? I don't think it was expressly forbidden?

There is a story about two individuals that offered "strange fire" in their offerings to God. He was displeased. Same God now.

Acts 2:38 tells us how to be saved. Peter had just informed these people that they needed to call upon the name of The Lord and they asked What shall we do to be SAVED? Peter told them to be baptized for the remission of their sins. 3000 were added to the Lord's church that day.
marge

Ames, IA

#422196 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible doesn't say what's in the Bible, nor does it say it informs to the exclusion of all else.
Yes it does Dan, first you must get the Spirit of the Lord Jesus inside of you and only then will you see.

He is SO beautiful!

And before you say I worship the Bible understand I could not even read it till He gave me the Spirit of Truth, so I worship the Creator only but His Word is alive and what you will be judged by. Blessings
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#422197 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. In fact, the Bible is its best interpreter.

For instance, look at the confusion in the denominational world over the 1000 years mentioned in Rev. Almost everyone takes it literally when John himself in the 1st verse of Rev. tells the reader that the language is symbolic or signified. Yet, those same people that take 1000 years literally in Rev. read about the 1000 hills in Psalms (i think 50:2) and know that it is not literal and that it is a number signifying a number that could be symbolizing all there is.

Whatever the Bible subject or Bible word it has always been possible for me to use the Bible to help offer an interpretation when one is needed. Our creator did not give us something that we could not understand. We're told to study to show ourselves approved. It's all there.
marge

Ames, IA

#422198 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
When God instructed Noah to build the Ark with Gopher wood was any other wood forbidden?
When elements of worship have been highlighted in the first century church could it be possible that other acts of worship are forbidden? Why don't you burn incense to worship? I don't think it was expressly forbidden?
There is a story about two individuals that offered "strange fire" in their offerings to God. He was displeased. Same God now.
Acts 2:38 tells us how to be saved. Peter had just informed these people that they needed to call upon the name of The Lord and they asked What shall we do to be SAVED? Peter told them to be baptized for the remission of their sins. 3000 were added to the Lord's church that day.
What did John tell them? Believe and Repent and then what did he tell them?

I baptize you with water, BUT...

But what Sabanfan?

What do you have to do to get Jesus in you?
truth

Perth, Australia

#422199 Feb 12, 2013
bla bla bla
greed lust pride
not created nothing less to be trough them any sort salvation

its going be destroy
all lot

3x heaven
bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
concerned in Eygpt

Aberdeen, UK

#422200 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
actually it does it say to not go beyond what is written

Peter endorses Paul's letters equal to OT books and considers his letters scripture

You need to read more.

the NT also says scripture is sufficient for all Chruch issues.

Care for the verses?
truth

Perth, Australia

#422201 Feb 12, 2013
bible make upsidown..they are evil cruk corupt world full of greed and so on
now
you are holy

still you are not save
one way or other way
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

#422202 Feb 12, 2013
decivers and posessors is not Creator..not at all
evilllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllll
less any lord
truth

Perth, Australia

#422203 Feb 12, 2013
title is pride..its mean not any lord

heaven is heaven

others are simple possessors
evil great liars..
liar from beginning
marge

Ames, IA

#422204 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. In fact, the Bible is its best interpreter.
For instance, look at the confusion in the denominational world over the 1000 years mentioned in Rev. Almost everyone takes it literally when John himself in the 1st verse of Rev. tells the reader that the language is symbolic or signified. Yet, those same people that take 1000 years literally in Rev. read about the 1000 hills in Psalms (i think 50:2) and know that it is not literal and that it is a number signifying a number that could be symbolizing all there is.
Whatever the Bible subject or Bible word it has always been possible for me to use the Bible to help offer an interpretation when one is needed. Our creator did not give us something that we could not understand. We're told to study to show ourselves approved. It's all there.
I'm sure you don't claim be a small t teacher of the Word but there are things we know for sure, like How to be Saved(a true church subject), that you know nothing about.

Really, you need to get Saved first and then you can talk, truly it is the Bible way.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#422205 Feb 12, 2013
120 081

Whadda boutit Dan????

In Rev 2, Christ addresses the seven (7) churches.

Why did He not refer to any of them as "Church"....why did not He refer to any as the Roman Catholic Church???!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#422206 Feb 12, 2013
kuca=home
ja idem kuci=i go home
my home
my birth home
i will give them something
truth

Perth, Australia

#422207 Feb 12, 2013
who wrote revelation Paul or Jesus or someone else
ha ha ha ha

don't used real god name in vain
truth

Perth, Australia

#422208 Feb 12, 2013
they teach you
some can kill soul as well body too
don't you
you are not save
noooooooooo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 1 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE