Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,342)

Showing posts 406,821 - 406,840 of529,565
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>They weren't given the law against murder till Moses and at the time they had no law against murder.
Why did Cain kill Abel? It was premeditated murder, caused by anger, jealousy, and pride. John wrote, "Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother’s were righteous" (1 John 3:12). The evil in his heart was further revealed when the Lord asked Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?" "I don’t know," he replied. "Am I my brother’s keeper?" (Genesis 4:9). The Lord brought a curse on Cain, and he went out from His presence
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

-Paul is devil prosecutor of Christians..others simple enjoyed call Paul Jesus Christ..shame!

Jesus Christ is Jesus Christ..others preachers are simple as ordinary people.
You can pray too.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe that Mary is the Woman described.
Dan, in prophecy, a woman represents a church.
The woman riding the scarlet beast is a harlot - the RCC.
The woman in Revelation 12 is Christ's true Bible following church.
It is not a church steeped in tradition with many false doctrines and who worships the Queen of Heaven.
Please don't tell me that bowing to a statue is not worship.
God destroyed those who bowed to a golden calf.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Plus....this is history...and dates some 300 years after Mt 16:18!!!! And Catholics deny it ever happened!!!!!

Roman Catholicism
Founder: Emperor Constantine

Overview:
The Roman Catholic church, headquartered in Rome, Italy, has its own powerful City-State, the Vatican.

The Roman Catholic church unofficially came into being in 312 A.D., at the time of the so-called "miraculous conversion" to Christianity of the Roman Emperor Constantine but he still worshipped the sun god.

Although Christianity was not made the official religion of the Roman Empire until the edicts of Theodosius I in 380 and 381 A.D., Constantine, from 312 A.D. until his death in 337, was engaged in the process of simultaneously building pagan temples and Christian churches, and was slowly turning over the reins of his pagan priesthood to the Bishop of Rome.

However, the family of Constantine did not give up the last vestige of his priesthood until after the disintegration of the Roman Empire – that being the title the emperors bore as heads of the pagan priesthood – Pontifex Maximus – a title which the popes would inherit. The popes also inherited Constantine's titles as the self-appointed civil head of the church – Summus Pontifex (Vicar of Christ and Bishop of Bishops).
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Trough Mary they liked destroy Jesus then say devil is your father did you say like that..

They know they are not on tree of life=who?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand what you just said therefore I don't have an answer.
How did Paul and Jesus contradict each other?
This is the error in your judgment.

First, I asked why you think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus, and you have yet to answer.

So you ask other questions of me instead. If you want the answers to the question you pose, then you will have to answer mine first.

Let's start again...

"Why do you think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus?"
- to help clarify, you quote "Paul" for your answers, but where is Jesus' teaching on what you posted?

If you can honestly answer this, you will answer the question yourself.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

concerned in Eygpt wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you are trying to be Sarcastic but the answer is Yes pretty much.
In Paul's day when a letter arrived it would go to the Scribes first and be copied right away 50-100 right of the bat and then sent off to other locals for other city community scribes to copy and send off.
It was and industry as there was not Printing presses etc. etc.
When they gathered which was many times per week in the early church it would be read out loud and it would be repeated many times as it would be memorized so to pass it on even further verbally quicker.
In Paul's and Jesus's day to have half of the OT memorized was not uncommon among the faithful. It was a discipline practiced by the early Church that came from there Ancient Heritages Greeks Jews alike all practiced this discipline.
You can Youtube Israels the ultra orthodox schools where they are bobbing their heads while reading out loud they are memorizing as they did in Paul's day, the practice has not died out even to this day.
That is right when the Sun went down no Ipods game boys or TV everybody of to someones house to hear the word read or recited that was the Entertainment of the day.
First time you got something right I should have never doubted.
There is no biblical nor historical basis for your opinion.
Even if your fantasy is correct, those first Christians amazingly look Catholic according to the writings they wrote.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no biblical nor historical basis for your opinion.
Even if your fantasy is correct, those first Christians amazingly look Catholic according to the writings they wrote.
Orthodoxy does not mean Catholicism.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!" (Gal. 1:8)
Yet, Catholics tell me they can have Scripture, and the "teachings of the Church", and their sacred tradition as the foundation of their faith.
Do Paul's words sound like the teachings would ever change or be amended? Who is the "WE" he is speaking of when he says IF EVEN WE OR AN ANGEL FROM HEAVEN?
And these Catholics have the nerve to tell me that it is unscriptural for my teaching to be scripturally based alone. They claim I need the teachings of the Church and their sacred tradition to go along with scripture. Those things came along AFTER Paul spoke these words to the Christians in Galatia. These people on this thread are not even Paul or the Angel from Heaven. Why should anyone believe them and their Apostasy?
Isn't this a reasonable verse for me to believe that the Bible alone can give me all the instruction I will ever need to know about going to Heaven and how Christ's church should operate?
Christ's church is the true church.(Rom. 16:16b) not the Catholic church. Paul even says, "let them be under God's curse." (Gal. 1:8b)
Here is your original post - praising "Paul" for his words.

Please state Jesus' teachings on this subject.

As for your question here:
"Isn't this a reasonable verse for me to believe that the Bible alone can give me all the instruction I will ever need to know about going to Heaven and how Christ's church should operate?"

No it isn't, because there are many passages in the Bible that has no bearing on the path to heaven - namely the Levitical laws, which so many are outdated in all aspects.
- Thus, your belief in only a portion of the Bible is more accurately stated.

Thus, no the Bible doesn't give you full instructions.

Besides those points, men will learn of "God" at death. No man has ever come back from death in the past 2000 years, except the Christian version of Jesus.

IMO - Jesus came back only in Spirit. To show the and tell of his transcendence to "God's kingdom" and more than likely used the philosophy he taught to do so:

(2) Jesus says:

(1) "The one who seeks should not cease seeking until he finds.
(2) And when he finds, he will be dismayed.
(3) And when he is dismayed, he will be astonished.
(4) And he will be king over the All."

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

ortodoxy ha ha ha its roots where foundation come in rome paul devil help you..

now nothing to do with Jesus Christ..earthly rule did not know who is Jesus Christ..if they know they will kill him straight way.. killers before and some..byyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

12 star is symbol EU Europe..ha ha ha who is next dragon chine machine

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>

You win the RobDye prize for unconscious ignorance.
Congrats!
Is offering these kinds of rewards, your way of pulling in followers?

Maybe for the ones who are blinded by the falseness of the doctrine presented, but not for me.

Sorry, I'm aware.

That's right - we are speaking of Self.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "cohorts", not "CO-HARTS".
Hiding behind your Bible to gratuitously insult Tony's mother is the act of a coward.
Own it.
I said nothing about any one's mother...

I do not know "Tony's Mother.." AND MADE NO REFERENCE ABOUT HER.

YOU EVIDENTLY HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING WHATSOEVER OF THE BIBLE...

Your imaginations is running wild toward me..

IN READING IN SOMETHING THAT I DID NOT POST. just as YOU ARE toward

The Bible.......
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

yes it is..i see i experience dead walking between us..by

when i enter in this house when i start pray..
like thousands..graveyards start opening..like people who rest in frozen place ..how you call that after death in fridge storage where you keep dead body..anyway..what i try told to you how i fill..

its start opening many many many doors so fast so quick..prayers is so powers..that fast movement which i hear personally i never experience before..

many many many
Did i been scare..be honest with you not at all.
Why i fill like this i don't know?
no explanation about that security of freedom even when i know that i suffer..
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the error in your judgment.
First, I asked why you think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus, and you have yet to answer.
So you ask other questions of me instead. If you want the answers to the question you pose, then you will have to answer mine first.
Let's start again...
"Why do you think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus?"
- to help clarify, you quote "Paul" for your answers, but where is Jesus' teaching on what you posted?
If you can honestly answer this, you will answer the question yourself.
I answered that question already. I'm not familiar with Paul contradicting Jesus in any way. You might be able to enlighten me. I believe Paul was inspired by the Holy Spirit in his writing so I don't think there would be any contradiction between him and Christ.

What does it matter? What's your punch line?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Jesus say i am going where you can't go.

Scripture say that.

But i try tell you before who control
''sit of soul''
old cherubim
He is old
how much
thousand or millions or billions years!?
did civilization been before
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is your original post - praising "Paul" for his words.
Please state Jesus' teachings on this subject.
As for your question here:
"Isn't this a reasonable verse for me to believe that the Bible alone can give me all the instruction I will ever need to know about going to Heaven and how Christ's church should operate?"
No it isn't, because there are many passages in the Bible that has no bearing on the path to heaven - namely the Levitical laws, which so many are outdated in all aspects.
- Thus, your belief in only a portion of the Bible is more accurately stated.
Thus, no the Bible doesn't give you full instructions.
Besides those points, men will learn of "God" at death. No man has ever come back from death in the past 2000 years, except the Christian version of Jesus.
IMO - Jesus came back only in Spirit. To show the and tell of his transcendence to "God's kingdom" and more than likely used the philosophy he taught to do so:
(2) Jesus says:
(1) "The one who seeks should not cease seeking until he finds.
(2) And when he finds, he will be dismayed.
(3) And when he is dismayed, he will be astonished.
(4) And he will be king over the All."
(3) Jesus says:
(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
As respectfully as possible, I simply cannot follow where you are going. You don't make sense to me.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Why that graveyards opening..thousandsssssssssssss ssss
no limite..ha ha ha ha..poor me.

Trough my prayers like they washing or cleansing trough me..i become dirty..smelly..my god 1.5 mm..i fill over my body my skin..for only one night..again again again..but i am alive..i fill i can't died even if i want.
Abduction Zone

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Cain kill Abel? It was premeditated murder, caused by anger, jealousy, and pride. John wrote, "Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother’s were righteous" (1 John 3:12). The evil in his heart was further revealed when the Lord asked Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?" "I don’t know," he replied. "Am I my brother’s keeper?" (Genesis 4:9). The Lord brought a curse on Cain, and he went out from His presence
Why did humans make up such a story and make it seem real......The Bible is a story, a Fable...nothing more!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I never would've said it was a denominational reference. I don't belong to a denomination as you yourself said, they are man-made.
Where does it say they were Catholic. The Christ's church hadn't been derailed into Catholicism yet.
Amen Saban fan. I don't believe in denominatonal religion either.
The True Church of God; is not made with the hands of man.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 406,821 - 406,840 of529,565
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••