Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
406,701 - 406,720 of 532,448 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith that the Church Christ established cannot teach error.
so when the assumption of Mary was declared in 1950 by pope pius XII your faith is in him and the other popes that this is the correct teaching?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You.ve got it ALL wrong again--Confrinting--which is "nothing new" in your case. The fact is---There is "NOTHING to debate--NOTHING to discuss and NOTHING to argue over! The ONLY "authoritative, authenticated and verifiable TRUTH comes from Jesus Christ and HIS One and ONLY--- PROVEN (without a doubt) to be TRUE --Universal Catholic Church --(the Bride of Christ). Your "bible only" half truth Christianity, has "absolutely NO BASIS" of biblical or historical truth to back up "anything that you say" It is a "man-made" doctrine of belief that was "never believe by ANYONE" until the 17th century. It is nothing more that an extension of the Protestant Reformation that is grounded on "personal opinionated self-interpretation" of the bible., The Only truth that you can even (lay claim to) is "Relative Truth" (whatever each person believes)--"is the the truth". That is why (since the (protestant reformation) there are now over 42,000+ inconsistent, contradicting and conflicting denomination of (personal opinion bible interpetations. Liberalism and political correctness has infected many of these 42,000 beliefs in various ways, supporting
abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, emboyonic stem cell research, women ministers, homosexual immorality and on and on and on--whichever way the next "political wind blows" ----God IS NOT, NOR EVER WILL BE, the author of your "bible only" Protestant confusion, chaos and heretical (half-truth) Christianity!!
An example of a Christian terrorist.

You are no better than the Muslims who foster in hatred against others, because they don't believe the same as you.

Maybe you should just strap a bomb to yourself and blow up these people you hate?

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Declaring apostolic succession "bogus" based on your hunch as to what JPI got handed isn't really definitive.
Thanks for responding.
Never said it was "definitive".

It surely isn't any "succession" to what your heirarchy claims.

"Less than six of the original 13 Apostles"

Why do you limit "God" and let men make "His" decisions?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
so when the assumption of Mary was declared in 1950 by pope pius XII your faith is in him and the other popes that this is the correct teaching?
Again, my faith tells me that the Churhc Christ established cannot teach error.

The declaration of the Assumption in 1950 defined the belief in the Assumption as dogma, an article of faith revealed by God, which the magisterium of the Church presents as necessary to be believed.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe scripture teaches it.
Thanks
Then your belief is dead wrong....there is no Scripture to support such a teaching....or you would have quoted said Scripture...
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What Catholic has told you here that they do not beleieve in the authority of scripture?
None.
Catholics do NOT believe that ONLY the Bible informs their faith, but this does not render the Bible less than authoritative.
Catholics don't believe that God's Word is the sole authority of Christianity.

Therefore, if a catholic teaching is NOT in God's Word, it still contradicts God's Word doesn't it?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
To clarify, my faith isn't in Pope Pius XII-it's in Christ instructing us through His Church without possibility of error.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith that the Church Christ established cannot teach error.
You've been duped.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said it was "definitive".
It surely isn't any "succession" to what your heirarchy claims.
"Less than six of the original 13 Apostles"
Why do you limit "God" and let men make "His" decisions?
I'm glad you didn't-it barely rose above "speculative".

I didn't say a thing about "Less than six of the original 13 Apostles".

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe the Woman is Mary.
Thanks
That is not taught in Scripture...I showed that to you...

However, you have the God given right to believe whatever you wish to believe....

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>

The declaration of the Assumption in 1950 defined the belief in the Assumption as dogma, an article of faith revealed by God, which the magisterium of the Church presents as necessary to be believed.
Men choosing what other men are to believe.

Yep - no "God" involved, yet you expressively state "an article of faith revealed by God".

"He" did - when? where? to whom?

Citation "from God" please.

Or, you being like other so-called "Catholics" will begin to spin the discussion in some other direction, like back at me?

We'll see how honest you really are.

I'll wait.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics don't believe that God's Word is the sole authority of Christianity.
Therefore, if a catholic teaching is NOT in God's Word, it still contradicts God's Word doesn't it?
No.

Christ established the Church-in scripture. He did not establish His Church to teach error.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not taught in Scripture...I showed that to you...
However, you have the God given right to believe whatever you wish to believe....
No, you just told me that you believe the woman "isn't Mary".
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

<quoted text>
You've been duped.
With all due respect, I'd have a bit more time for you if you hadn't posited your "JPI's early death vitiates apostolic succession" bit.

As it stands, we'll agree to disagree.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

<quoted text>
Men choosing what other men are to believe.
Yep - no "God" involved, yet you expressively state "an article of faith revealed by God".
"He" did - when? where? to whom?
Citation "from God" please.
Or, you being like other so-called "Catholics" will begin to spin the discussion in some other direction, like back at me?
We'll see how honest you really are.
I'll wait.
You're a man and you're trying to tell me what I should and shouldn't believe.

Pot, kettle, black.

Self.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your belief is dead wrong....there is no Scripture to support such a teaching....or you would have quoted said Scripture...
Ox you didn't get the memo???...the pope said it was truth and even though the assumption of Mary was declared by a pope, who happens to be a man, Dan doesn't follow man. noooooo
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
To clarify, my faith isn't in Pope Pius XII-it's in Christ instructing us through His Church without possibility of error.
sure Dan we believe you.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ii cited it.

Where have you been?

12 Rev, John 14:3

Keep up please. You already told me I was wrong about the interpretation, I think.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
sure Dan we believe you.
Who's "we"?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox you didn't get the memo???...the pope said it was truth and even though the assumption of Mary was declared by a pope, who happens to be a man, Dan doesn't follow man. noooooo
Who would make declarations of dogma in the Catholic Church, chuck, other than the Pope?

"follow man".

LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••