Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,763
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421993 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're equating Pineda with Christ?
All I asked was why I should read his work or if it has any scholarly or theological weight.
Is this asking too much?
Again, he's YOUR source.
I don't presume it will have any scholarly or theological weight to you since the case being made is only based on scripture.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421994 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm equating you with those *religious* people that were too good and all knowing for Jesus' teachings.
It's Pineda's version of what he thinks the Bible says.

What authority does Pineda have to interpret and teach Holy Scripture other than that he has given himself or that you give him?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421995 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics believe that the Pope cannot err when teaching ex cathedra on matters of faith and morals.
This is one of those instances.
Oh, we Christians agree that this is one of those instances.... in which your false doctrine is made evident......

for the Bible is clear that {faith comes by hearing and hearing BY THE WORD OF GOD.}

therefore your pope is a liar and a blasphmer to tell people that mary went up into heaven as he says that she did.

AS THE WORD OF GOD DOES NOT TEACH THAT.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#421996 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe that Mary is the Woman described.
You believe wrong...

Re 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

woman: a woman; specially, a wife:--wife, woman.

This could be talking about anybody's wife...any woman...it definitely does not identify Mary...
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421997 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who denied it? I DID leave it to you to actually supply your own basis for your own question. Sorry, I guess.
I supplied a response.
The fault with denominationalism lies with men.
I can't disagree with your last sentence. The man-made theology and traditions definitely caused the apostacy and the man-made divisions.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#421998 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Pineda's version of what he thinks the Bible says.
What authority does Pineda have to interpret and teach Holy Scripture other than that he has given himself or that you give him?
I don't suppose man alone could interpret God's Word without the Catholic filter attached.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#421999 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics believe that the Pope cannot err when teaching ex cathedra on matters of faith and morals.
This is one of those instances.
I was brought up in the rcc and left around the age of 18. After I gave my life to Jesus Christ in 2004 I found that many churches put faith in men. Thats a huge err. I'm not here to bring up points that have been made over and over but to remind us all to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. Time is short.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#422000 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not from anywhere.
I looked at it. I'm not aware of what authority he brings to the subject and you refuse to tell me.
You're obviously enamored with him. Do you follow his teachings?
Attacking the messenger......
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#422001 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith.
faith that whatever the pope says about the assumption of Mary is true?
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#422002 Feb 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, we Christians agree that this is one of those instances.... in which your false doctrine is made evident......
for the Bible is clear that {faith comes by hearing and hearing BY THE WORD OF GOD.}
therefore your pope is a liar and a blasphmer to tell people that mary went up into heaven as he says that she did.
Truth. As I watch the events of yesterday I pray for the Pope and the rcc. John 3:3
marge

Ames, IA

#422003 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith.
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Your stories about the assumption of Mary, among other things, are not of faith because you did not hear that by the Word of God.

Faith in men is what you have.
Saban fan

United States

#422004 Feb 12, 2013
If a Catholic is not bound to the scriptures we're not working from a moral standard and my presence here is futile.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422006 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't presume it will have any scholarly or theological weight to you since the case being made is only based on scripture.
Son't presume-simply provide information.

That's all I'm asking for as to Pineda's credibility.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422007 Feb 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, we Christians agree that this is one of those instances.... in which your false doctrine is made evident......
We believe scripture teaches it.

Thanks
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422008 Feb 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe wrong...
Re 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
woman: a woman; specially, a wife:--wife, woman.
This could be talking about anybody's wife...any woman...it definitely does not identify Mary...
We believe the Woman is Mary.

Thanks
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422009 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't disagree with your last sentence. The man-made theology and traditions definitely caused the apostacy and the man-made divisions.
I left the apsotasy issue alone as a declaration by any of those mentioned wasn't presented to me.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422010 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't suppose man alone could interpret God's Word without the Catholic filter attached.
Scripture teaches us that Christ conferred His ministerial authority unto the Apostles. We believe that this authority has succeeded to the present day via the Sacrament of Holy Orders.

In other words, Christ established the "filter".

Private interpretation results in the mass chaos of denominationalism we've discussed.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422011 Feb 12, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I was brought up in the rcc and left around the age of 18. After I gave my life to Jesus Christ in 2004 I found that many churches put faith in men. Thats a huge err. I'm not here to bring up points that have been made over and over but to remind us all to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. Time is short.
You're going in a circle here.

You left the Church (of men) so you, a man, could preach the Gospel.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422012 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Attacking the messenger......
No.

Making inquiry as to his authority.

I'm gathering now that I may know more about him than you.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#422013 Feb 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
faith that whatever the pope says about the assumption of Mary is true?
Faith that the Church Christ established cannot teach error.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 3 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Crazy 8,687
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 7 hr Strel 83,885
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
Vatican infighting over NSW priest Dec 14 Rev Tony Abbott 4
Pope Condemns Homosexual Behavior (Dec '08) Dec 14 kent 10,604
Pope says 'paradise is open to all of God's cre... Dec 13 True Christian wi... 2
More from around the web