Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,333)

Showing posts 406,641 - 406,660 of532,171
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It should have changed your post, since I indicated that there's a sciptural predicate for the belief.
Indicating scriptural support for this false teaching, and quoting that Scripture are two different things...there is no such Scripture to quote!!!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
This appears to be what someone named Moisés Pinedo says that the Bible says about the Catholic Church.
Moisés Pinedo is a 35 year old Peruvian preacher-translator who completed theological studies in the Bible School of Americas in Panama.
Do you follow this person?
Are you going to attack the messenger or read the message? He doesn't wear one of those tall pointy hats in public to distinguish himself from among the common people, so you may wish to ignore him.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
They did, and I did.
OK.

As they didn't stop there, and continued to fracture along the lines of private interpretation of scripture (even non-Catholic denominations have differeing beliefs on things like baptism, etc.), I'll say that denominationalism is the fault of man.

It occurs when an individual places his or her judgement of Holy Scripture as definitive without appeal. IF they get people to agree with them, there's your denomination.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture.
The Bible.
You cannot quote Scripture to support this false teaching because there ain't none!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Clay isn't bound to use ONLY scripture as the source of revealed teaching" Who gives Clay this authority?
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.asp...
Christ, in Scripture, does this.

He founded the Church.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I get the sarcasm.
Someone still (I assume) declared the Church apostate, else you wouldn't have made it the fulcrum of your question.
Did someone? One of those you named?
That is a simple deflection and my answer would only give you a messenger to try to discredit.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Clay isn't bound to use ONLY scripture as the source of revealed teaching" Who gives Clay this authority?
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.asp...
Again, you're making a common error in assuming that Catholics subjugate Scripture to Church teaching.

They don't.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ch. 12 of Revelation, also John 14:3.
We've been through Revelation 12 Dan. The Woman is Israel

John 14:3...seriously???

If the bible doesn't record Mary's death, how did the popes come up with the assumption?

Rev 12 is talking about Israel during the Tribulation...1,260 days. Jesus spoke of it in Matt 24:15
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't so I am not sure where you are getting this information from. If it was just a question, I'm not sure on why you would think it is involved. It isn't.
Although, with a Pope dying in office after about 30 days, it is highly unlikely that he would have received all of the supposed information related to his office and then passed it along to the next Pope.
Just dying in office, shows that the "Apostolic Succession" was not completed.
Shoot, when an organization only uses a single person to justify this succession, they have limited the abilities of "God", especially when there were 13 Apostles, and the RCC only claims relevance with less than six.
So-called "Apostolic Succession" is bogus and only spun the way it is with gullible individuals like yourself, whom assume and think they understand the message perceived is the correct one.
Thanks for responding!
Declaring apostolic succession "bogus" based on your hunch as to what JPI got handed isn't really definitive.

Thanks for responding.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>hopefully, you will adjourn and go to catholic forums also.on a one way ticket.this forum has been dead for several years, except no one forgot to bury it.
soon the sda and the campbellites can own it for their personal feuds and/or agreements with tony.lol
Is that Satan rearing his ugly head again this mornig.
Yes I believe it is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ch. 12 of Revelation, also John 14:3.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Rev 12...

Really silly!!!! That verse and Rev 12 supports the teaching that Mary ascended bodily into Heaven!!!!???? If that be so..they also supports the teaching that pigs fly!!!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to attack the messenger or read the message? He doesn't wear one of those tall pointy hats in public to distinguish himself from among the common people, so you may wish to ignore him.
He's your source.

I'm simply asking as to his authority on the subject at hand.

I looked through his work cited by you, and I'm getting his interpretation of Scripture.

Is his interpretation authoritative to anyone save himself (or you)?

I'm not attacking him. I simply don't know who he is and why you would present this piece to me.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If the bible doesn't record Mary's death, how did the popes come up with the assumption?
Rev 12 is talking about Israel during the Tribulation...1,260 days. Jesus spoke of it in Matt 24:15
I said that the Catholic church believes this, not that chuck is bound to believe it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a simple deflection and my answer would only give you a messenger to try to discredit.
"deflection"?

It's the assumption upon which your question is based, Saban.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Rev 12...
Really silly!!!! That verse and Rev 12 supports the teaching that Mary ascended bodily into Heaven!!!!???? If that be so..they also supports the teaching that pigs fly!!!!!
You're not bound to believe what the Church teaches, Ox.

Simply responding to what was asked of me.
boin106

Daly City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

The most important teachings of the Bible is to be CHRISTIAN! If you cannot do that...it doesn't matter if your Catholic, Lutheran, etc.
•The church is saved from deception by the leading of God through its members (Eph. 4:11-16; 1 Jn. 2:27).
•The church grows together, and only as each part is doing its share (1 Cor. 12:12-26; Eph. 4:15-16).
•The unity and good works of the church together is the light and testimony of the world (Matt. 5:13-16, where all the "yous" are plural; Jn. 17:20-23; 1 Thess. 1:6-10).
•The church shares all things, taking care of one another, though voluntarily rather than under complusion (Acts 2:42-47; 4:32; 2 Cor. 8:13-15; Heb. 10:33-34; and that this continued long past apostolic times is testified to until at least A.D. 210).
•The church is a family with responsibility to one another, even more so than our biological families (Luke 14:26; 18:29-30; Gal. 6:10; 1 Tim. 3:15).
I am a responsible Catholic...not a Lemming Catholic! Catholics who think they have the inside track to the Pearly Gates...are being sinful!
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The doctrine does not speak definitively about her bodily death.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that the Catholic church believes this, not that chuck is bound to believe it.
Yeah I know...catholics believe man-made doctrines like assumption of Mary. So forgive me if I call it hog wash.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev 12...
We believe that Rev 12 teaches us that Mary is in heaven, body and soul.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
This appears to be what someone named Moisés Pinedo says that the Bible says about the Catholic Church.
Moisés Pinedo is a 35 year old Peruvian preacher-translator who completed theological studies in the Bible School of Americas in Panama.
Do you follow this person?
Hmmm. Wasn't it in a similar fashion, the *religious* like yourself tried to discredit Jesus the Nazarene, son of a carpenter?

He didn't say, look or act like the king God's most *religious* thought He would be, therefore he must be discredited and in fact killed.

Sanctimonious, wasn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 406,641 - 406,660 of532,171
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Married in 8,118
More 11 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 16 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 20 hr Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••