Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,197
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#421870 Feb 12, 2013
truth wrote:
devil Paul church
hopefully, you will adjourn and go to catholic forums also.on a one way ticket.this forum has been dead for several years, except no one forgot to bury it.

soon the sda and the campbellites can own it for their personal feuds and/or agreements with tony.lol
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#421871 Feb 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the others are going to miss the mud slinging, insulting and name calling. It won't be long before boredom sets in over at the CATHOLIC ANSWERS forum where everyone agrees with everyone about everything.......YAWN!
Look us up when you come back!
Mud slinging, insulting and name calling BEGAN, STARTED and was INITIATED by you,--and the-- Protestants, atheists and agnostics, who came on this forum for ONE PURPOSE ONLY!!! "To attack our Catholic Faith"!! The only difference with you Michael, is that you just "sugar coat disguise" your vindictiveness, hostility and hate of the Catholic Church with "exaggerated and over-blown" (National Inquire type) articles, stories and anti-catholic spam which only shows what a "manipulating--hatefllled gossiper" you "really" are!!
I/We as Catholics don't need to (take time) to look you "anti-Catholic bashers" up! The "condemning stench odor" will lead us (exactly) to where you are!!! Protestants-atheists and agnostics can "just keep arguing, and fighting among yourselves" with your personal "relative truths". We, as Catholics, will continue to adhere and follow 2000 years of the TRUE and factual historical and biblical TRUTH that Jesus' One True Catholic Church has proclaimed for hundreds of years.--You can do what you want!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#421872 Feb 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I ignored them because they are not on this thread...if you want to...start a new thread...will be most happy to discuss your questions...
kingdom/church.....interchange able

Isaiah 2:2-4

2 In the last days

the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established
as the highest of the mountains;
it will be exalted above the hills,
and all nations will stream to it.

3 Many peoples will come and say,

“Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
to the temple of the God of Jacob.
He will teach us his ways,
so that we may walk in his paths.”
The law will go out from Zion,
the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

4 He will judge between the nations
and will settle disputes for many peoples.
They will beat their swords into plowshares
and their spears into pruning hooks.
Nation will not take up sword against nation,
nor will they train for war anymore.

Daniel 2:44

44 “In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.

Daniel 7:13-14

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.

14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Kingdom of Isaiah is the church that was established on the day of Pentecost.....Acts Chapter 1 & 2....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#421873 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't every Christian a Saint?
saints....

Aren't we (Christians) daily cleansed from our sins by the blood of Christ???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#421874 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Which scripture gives you the authority to call a priest Father? Isn't Father a name for God Almighty?? Besides your Biological father what man is worthy of that title, Holy Father?
Isn't our God a jealous God???

He, and He alone, wants to be our Father......

People cannot change the truth in God's word, but the truth of God's Word can change people.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421875 Feb 12, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Your feelings and projections are not a serious response or intellectual rebuttal to the points made. Pray and reflect on it.
Just a way of saying I have just been spinned and the facts don't add up. Did you notice the spin told me how many things that one verse said yet the spin said the verse doesn't mean what it says. For example, I've read similar spin about Acts 2:38. It takes about 10 paragraphs to explain away what Acts 2:38 tells the average person in one sentance.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#421876 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did the cool uniforms come from?
I must say, you guys rock in the style department!!!! Sometimes I find myself expecting Darth Vader to show up at these fancy and important Catholic get togethers. He'd fit right in.
Can this pope keep his cool hat after he retires?
One can NEVER retire himself from the Word of God.....

covenant....at that time [before the cross] you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But [[[now in Christ Jesus]]] you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ."
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#421877 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The feeling I have after reading the link is similar to the feeling I had after I received my first paycheck this year. I had felt cautiously assured that I would see no tax increase based on my salary level but after the first of the year the amount on my check decreased. After receiving the smaller check I once again hear that I've not experienced a tax increase.
Okay.

I don't see a follow-up question there, so I will take it that you are satisfied with tje answer, even though you do not agree with the reasoning.

Rob
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421878 Feb 12, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can see words in the following that says you are being asked to leave, that will explain why you don't understand squat about anything!!!!
Quote: 726
I ignored them because they are not on this thread...if you want to...start a new thread...will be most happy to discuss your questions...
I'll admit I'm new. Explain what you mean by start a new thread - I obviously misunderstood.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#421879 Feb 12, 2013
872 726
<quoted text>
I ignored them because they are not on this thread...if you want to...start a new thread...will be most happy to discuss your questions..
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
kingdom/church.....interchange able
Isaiah 2:2-4
2 In the last days
the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established
as the highest of the mountains;
it will be exalted above the hills,
and all nations will stream to it.
3 Many peoples will come and say,
“Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
to the temple of the God of Jacob.
He will teach us his ways,
so that we may walk in his paths.”
The law will go out from Zion,
the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
4 He will judge between the nations
and will settle disputes for many peoples.
They will beat their swords into plowshares
and their spears into pruning hooks.
Nation will not take up sword against nation,
nor will they train for war anymore.
Daniel 2:44
44 “In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.
Daniel 7:13-14
13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.
14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.
Kingdom of Isaiah is the church that was established on the day of Pentecost.....Acts Chapter 1 & 2....
Not even close...

Kingdom: mamlakah, dominion, i.e.(abstractly) the estate (rule) or (concretely) the country (realm):--kingdom, king's, reign, royal.(Church is not a definition of kingdom).

The word "church" is not in the Scripture quoted!!!!!
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421880 Feb 12, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>they would think you are stoned :),remember the old saying the prettier the package, the more deadlyer the gift.
Good advice. Those men are all wrapped up in pretty packages! It highlights and flaunts their elite stature.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#421881 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll admit I'm new. Explain what you mean by start a new thread - I obviously misunderstood.
Start by asking whatever it is that you want to ask that does not pertain to the current discussion....
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421882 Feb 12, 2013
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The churches entire history has been shrouded in secrecy. How do you think the SEX abuse scandals went on for 17 centuries?
church documented history that we just recently learned about.
http://www.richardsipe.com/patrick_wall/execu...
Do you have a corroborating source?

Sipe eats off of criticizing the Church.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#421883 Feb 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
saints....
Aren't we (Christians) daily cleansed from our sins by the blood of Christ???
Do we not have to go sit in a booth and talk to our Holy Father the priest? I'm confused again. Based on Biblical teaching a Christian is a priest and a saint, but look at what you have to do to be called a priest or a saint in Catholicism.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421884 Feb 12, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Question for Catholics here. If the Pope is the RCC chief and has total authority over the RCC and he decides to resign,why can't he appoint his own successor instead of having itdone by the Cardinals? If youhave total authority over the RCC, don't he have authority and say so over who he wants to succeed him?
He doesn't vote on his successor.

He resigned.

He doesn't have "total authority" over the RCC. For instance, he cannot introduce doctrine on his own, etc.

Clay

United States

#421886 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we not have to go sit in a booth and talk to our Holy Father the priest? I'm confused again. Based on Biblical teaching a Christian is a priest and a saint, but look at what you have to do to be called a priest or a saint in Catholicism.
Don't you think you ought to show - from scripture - that scripture is the only thing revealed about Our Lords ministry, BEFORE you go on rant about "Bible this.. Bible that"?

Just show me where Christ commanded His Apostles write 27 books.
I already know you can't. So hopefully you'll see that you're sinning by adding something to Jesus Christ that is not part of His will.
Clay

United States

#421887 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, could you also show me from scripture how you're an authority on scripture?
Clay

United States

#421888 Feb 12, 2013
Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay.
I don't see a follow-up question there, so I will take it that you are satisfied with tje answer, even though you do not agree with the reasoning.
Rob
Good morning Rob, I'm going to take your advice and leave this thread, maybe today..

You answered Mr Sabans question about "call no man father" with a great link. It should end the argument. It should bridge the two sides. A clear understanding should have been made. But it didn't.
I did the same thing with another poster named Guest. I went through a lot and showed her links to explain it. Clearly, calling a Priest Father or a minister, Reverend, is not violating scripture.

Yet, they isolate that one line (call no man father) and manipulate it against us.. I just saw Guest do it again last night.
You don't have to answer this, but how can they be forgiven for such blatant ignorance?
Robert Dye

Tulsa, OK

#421889 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are posting to a thread that is supposedly about whether the CC is the One True Church, or even if the Pope really said that.

It has deteriorated into a general Catholic-bashing thread.

There are other threads on the Topix Catholic Forum, and many other forums on the Topix site in genaral.

What is being suggested is that you start a new thread more specifically devoted to the subject you wish to address.

For example, the question about priests being called "father" could have had its own thread, rather than being in one that involves "You Catholics worship Mary." "Do not." "Do so."

That way, all of the posts in the thread (if peope follow proper nettiquette, which they don't) could be on the topic, and people not interested in other topics would not have to sift.

This thread, due to the misleading and inflammatory title, has become this horrible hydra-badt, and will probable never die, as there will always be new suckers pulled in by the "bait" of its misleading title.

Rob
Dan

Omaha, NE

#421890 Feb 12, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible lays out auricular confession and also lays out succession of ministerial authority.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope urges more Muslim opposition to IS in Turkey 5 hr Faith 4
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 20 hr Hebrewsunite 8,634
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 23 hr champion65 4
A Gentleman. Thu QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Nov 25 pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Nov 25 God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Nov 24 Economist 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE