Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,050
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
guest

United States

#421834 Feb 11, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Then what you are basically saying is that God created Lucifer in sin. Sorry but Satan was not created as a sinful being,he became that way. Have you not read Ezekiel 28 along with other scriptures? Pride caused Lucifer to sin.
-
I didn't say God created Satan as an evil creature.
-
GREED caused him to sin, lusting after the Most High Position in the Heavens. He wanted what was rightfully God's - that being: God's Sovereign Right to Rule over His Creation. When Satan realized he could not have it, he got prideful. Greed came first.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#421835 Feb 11, 2013
828
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yet Most Christians say that they ate the "forbidden fruit" and many even say it was an apple,LOL,yet scripture says nothing of the kind about an apple or any other kind of fruit. As I stated, there is much confusion in Christianity.If I toldyou what really happened in the Garden of Eden it would cause you to stumble.
Many even believe that when Christ was born in Bethlehemthat the wisemen followed a star to find him yet that is physically impossible for if you try to follow a star you will be going in a circle basically because of the earth moving.
So now you know you put your foot in your mouth....

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#421836 Feb 11, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>Read up on the fruits of the spirit/Holy Spirit then you might have a good idea what kind of fruits Satan had instore for them.
Having been a Bible student for about 45 years I am quite familiar with The fruit of the Spirit. But what Satan intended was much worse than what most Christians realized for had he succeeded he would have averted his own doom for God would have failed in what He intended. But by the grace of God Satan failed. He attempted to thwart God again in Genesis 6 and again in other places in scriptures where he attempted to destroy that seedline/bloodline through whom the SAVIOUR was to come.

It was necessary that he fail until the Christ child was born. There were several attempts on the Nation by Satan trying to thwart his own doom. And mistaken Christian have taken one of the most dire attempts on the seedline of the nation and reduced it to the myth that Adam and Eve ate some forbidden produce in Eden.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421837 Feb 11, 2013
Genesis 3

Temptation and Fall

1Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, has God said, you shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, You shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.

4And the serpent said unto the woman, You shall not surely die:

5For God does know that in the day you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#421838 Feb 11, 2013
832
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh they had the law not to eat of the tree of good and evil but where is the evidence that God them the law not to murder?
There is no evidence that He gave them that law against murder at that time and to say that He did then you are doing what the RCC is accused of doing and that is taking liberties with Gods word that they should not take.
As I said earlier...you have the God given right to reject His teaching...

After they ate of the tree of knowledge...they knew good and evil....they would know that murder is evil....and as parents, they taught their children about good and evil..
evil - definition of evil by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus
www.thefreedictionary.com/evil
evildoing, transgression - the act of transgressing; the violation of a law or a duty or moral principle;

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#421839 Feb 11, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
I didn't say God created Satan as an evil creature.
-
GREED caused him to sin, lusting after the Most High Position in the Heavens. He wanted what was rightfully God's - that being: God's Sovereign Right to Rule over His Creation. When Satan realized he could not have it, he got prideful. Greed came first.
Then are you not erroneous in saying that Adam and Eve brought sin into the world instead of Satan? Do you think Adam and Eve would have disobeyed God and touched the tree had Satan not tempted/persuaded them to disobey God? Think about it.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#421840 Feb 12, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
Genesis 3
Temptation and Fall
1Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, has God said, you shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, You shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.
4And the serpent said unto the woman, You shall not surely die:
5For God does know that in the day you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
Onemust understand when reading scripture that they are full of metaphors,idioms,figures of speech,Hebraisms,symbolism etc,etc, etc. One of the biggest mistakesaBible studentcan make when reading scriptures is to take everyting written literally.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421841 Feb 12, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Onemust understand when reading scripture that they are full of metaphors,idioms,figures of speech,Hebraisms,symbolism etc,etc, etc. One of the biggest mistakesaBible studentcan make when reading scriptures is to take everyting written literally.
How do fell about FIGS ?

LOL
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421842 Feb 12, 2013
I mean Feel

Good Night
guest

United States

#421843 Feb 12, 2013
guest wrote:
-
I didn't say God created Satan as an evil creature.
-
GREED caused him to sin, lusting after the Most High Position in the Heavens. He wanted what was rightfully God's - that being: God's Sovereign Right to Rule over His Creation. When Satan realized he could not have it, he got prideful. Greed came first.
-
-
Tony17 wrote:
Then are you not erroneous in saying that Adam and Eve brought sin into the world instead of Satan? Do you think Adam and Eve would have disobeyed God and touched the tree had Satan not tempted/persuaded them to disobey God? Think about it.
-
Nope. I am not in error saying Adam and Eve brought sin into the world.
-
Think about it: It does not matter what Satan did, in heaven or on earth. Adam and Eve have 'free will".
-
Once AGAIN: Had Adam and Eve rejected Satan's advances, SIN would NOT have entered the Earth.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

#421844 Feb 12, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Nope. I am not in error saying Adam and Eve brought sin into the world.
-
Think about it: It does not matter what Satan did, in heaven or on earth. Adam and Eve have 'free will".
-
Once AGAIN: Had Adam and Eve rejected Satan's advances, SIN would NOT have entered the Earth.
True Hell was made fr Satan and his angels and demenions not MAN.
guest

United States

#421845 Feb 12, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Nope. I am not in error saying Adam and Eve brought sin into the world.
-
Think about it: It does not matter what Satan did, in heaven or on earth. Adam and Eve have 'free will".
-
Once AGAIN: Had Adam and Eve rejected Satan's advances, SIN would NOT have entered the Earth.
I should clarify, quoting myself:

"Think about it: It does not matter what Satan did, in heaven or on earth. Adam and Eve have 'free will'."
-
It does not matter what Satan did, in heaven or on earth ... as far as Adam and Eve's free will goes.

I hope that is more clear.

Adam and Eve had free will. The chose to listen to Satan. Had they chosen to NOT listen to Satan, sin would not have entered the world.
guest

United States

#421846 Feb 12, 2013
I'm sorry - too tired, I keep making typos ...

Adam and Eve had free will.*They* chose to listen to Satan. Had they chosen to NOT listen to Satan, sin would not have entered the world.
guest

United States

#421847 Feb 12, 2013
guest wrote:
-
Nope. I am not in error saying Adam and Eve brought sin into the world.
-
Think about it: It does not matter what Satan did, in heaven or on earth. Adam and Eve have 'free will".
-
Once AGAIN: Had Adam and Eve rejected Satan's advances, SIN would NOT have entered the Earth.
-
-
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
True Hell was made fr Satan and his angels and demenions not MAN.
-
I don't believe that a Loving God would torture man for eternity, so, no, I don't believe there is a burning hell.
I DO believe he will utterly destroy those who choose evil.
truth

Perth, Australia

#421848 Feb 12, 2013
you will be responsible by yourself for your soul by each of you..

Why you call others to be responsible for many?

How you will stop not to happened what others build before?

Did you build house up in Heaven to control others if we have free will from God?
truth

Perth, Australia

#421849 Feb 12, 2013
What is control?

Why you liked control?

Tell us what is free will from God.

How much you love us who liked free will?

Did God love us about free will?

Did I have my freedom if you judge me set up and accuse false?

Victim and Marty don't have free will.

How much God love us?

Please tell me about God Mercy!
truth

Perth, Australia

#421850 Feb 12, 2013
Where are come from egg?
bird
snake
dragon

man
woman

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#421851 Feb 12, 2013
7th Day Catholic Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>How do fell about FIGS ?
LOL
I love figs. Especially when made into fig preserves or homemade fig jam,lol.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#421852 Feb 12, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Nope. I am not in error saying Adam and Eve brought sin into the world.
-
Think about it: It does not matter what Satan did, in heaven or on earth. Adam and Eve have 'free will".
-
Once AGAIN: Had Adam and Eve rejected Satan's advances, SIN would NOT have entered the Earth.
You're contradicting yourself. Then you're implying that Adam and Eve would have disobeyed God and sinned even if Satan had not been a sinner and tempted them. Satan was the catalyst that caused Adam and Eve to sin because he was a sinner long before they sinned hence Satan brought sin into the world. You owe Adam and Eve an apology.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#421853 Feb 12, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Nope. I am not in error saying Adam and Eve brought sin into the world.
-
Think about it: It does not matter what Satan did, in heaven or on earth. Adam and Eve have 'free will".
-
Once AGAIN: Had Adam and Eve rejected Satan's advances, SIN would NOT have entered the Earth.
Sin was on the earth long before God "formed" (notice I didn't say created) Adam and Eve on the earth. You seem to forget the """4 billion angels""" AKA FALLEN ANGELS that followed Satan in rebellion against God. They too were sinners before Adam and Eve sinned. To say that Adam and Eve brought sin to the earth instead of Satan is irresponsible. Totally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Thu Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 17 Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••