Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 20,326)

Showing posts 406,501 - 406,520 of529,969
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>They weren't given the law against murder till Moses and at the time they had no law against murder.
He knew he had sinned...His words: And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.{My...: or, Mine iniquity is greater than that it may be forgiven}

Iniquity..anomia, violation of law or (genitive case) wickedness:--iniquity, X transgress(-ion of) the law, unrighteousness.

Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

Parallel verse: Ge 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man

It was not O.K. to murder...from the day that Adam/Eve brought sin into the world...
Pastor Edson Sanecki

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
I fully agree with you. I'd like to ask a question, "what is the Biblical definition of Church? From the Greek language the meaning is: The ones that are called out. These are the ones that have been called out from the world (sin). The Church is therefore a body of believers, people that have heard the Gospel Message and responded to Jesus. The Gospel of St. John says in Chapter 1:12, "But as many as received Him,to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name,"

Let's face the Truth, Jesus said I'm the Way the Truth and the Life, No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Denominations are not the answer, Jesus is the answer. My faith is not in man made doctrines but the Word of God. Which denomination did The Blessed Virgin Mary belong to? Which Church did Jesus attend? Were Peter, Paul, Andrew and John Catholics?, Baptists?, Methodists? I know that you know the answer. The question was asked in Acts 16:30, What must I do to be saved? The answer in Acts 16:31 was, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, you and your household will be saved. Let's put our faith in Jesus Christ, He is the Saviour of the world. Only Jesus can save. Trust in Him.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
slew: to smite with deadly intent:--destroy, out of hand, kill, murder(-er), put to (death), make (slaughter), slay(-er), X surely.
He had intent..he put him to death...that is murder...
One of God's Commandment: Thou shalt do no murder.
Sin: Any thought, word, desire, action, or omission of action, contrary to the law of God, or defective when compared with it.
If that does not answer your question...I don't know what else I can say....
-
-
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>They weren't given the law against murder till Moses and at the time they had no law against murder.
-
Now how did I know you were gonna go there?
-
The "knew" right from wrong and Adam and Eve were cast out of the Garden for this very reason. They KNEW and they also knew that they couldn't *hide* from God, but they tried.
-
Now Eve gave the fruit to Adam and he ate, rather than rebuking her ... Adam didn't want to lose his wife.
-
Cain knew it was wrong to murder, for when God asked him about his brother's whereabouts he was evasive and said, "Am I my brother's keeper?"
-
And in answer God said that Abel's blood was crying out to him from the ground.
-
Cain knew he did wrong - otherwise why be evasive?
-
They didn't need a "law" to know right from wrong.
socci

Wheatland, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
Then what do we do with Romans 4:15?

Ro 4 is a study about Abraham and justified by faith not the law of Moses's sacrificial system that was nailed to the cross (Col 2:14)

The 10C law are God's characted that is the same yesterday today and forever. The 10C was known and law from the very beginning. Sabbath, no other god's, murder, theft, lying - they are all there.

Ten C from creation

www.keyway.ca/htm2007/20070619.htm

When Israel came out of pagan Egypt God had to remind them of their God and his law. This is when the ten commandments were given on Mt Sinai, to remind Israel. However the law has always been and are for all God's people.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

correction:
THEY "knew" ......

The "knew" right from wrong and Adam and Eve were cast out of the Garden for this very reason. They KNEW and they also knew that they couldn't *hide* from God, but they tried.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
He knew he had sinned...His words: And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.{My...: or, Mine iniquity is greater than that it may be forgiven}
Iniquity..anomia, violation of law or (genitive case) wickedness:--iniquity, X transgress(-ion of) the law, unrighteousness.
Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
Parallel verse: Ge 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man
It was not O.K. to murder...from the day that Adam/Eve brought sin into the world...
We'll just say that it's just yet another one of those seemingly mis-understood contradictions that is written in scripture.By the way Adam and Eve DID NOT bring sin into the world....Satan did.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Now how did I know you were gonna go there?
-
-
Now Eve gave the fruit to Adam and he ate, rather than rebuking her ... Adam didn't want to lose his wife.
-
Cain knew it was wrong to murder, for when God asked him about his brother's whereabouts he was evasive and said, "Am I my brother's keeper?"
-
And in answer God said that Abel's blood was crying out to him from the ground.
-
Cain knew he did wrong - otherwise why be evasive?
-
They didn't need a "law" to know right from wrong.
Well I'll say that Adam and Eve had the law not to "touch" the forbidden fruit. When they disobeyed God and touched the forbidden fruit then THEY SINNED for God had given them a law not to touch that fruit so when they touched the fruit they transgressed Gods law which technically is the definition of sin. There is still no evidence that they had been told not to murder.

By the way it wasn't fruit that they ate or touched. What they did had nothing to dowith eating some forbidden produce.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Many Christians confuse MURDER with killing. God has given us instructions to kill those that murder so why do some Christians confuse the two and argue against the death penalty for any reason when God instructed us to kill murderers? There is MUCH confusion in Christianity.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> But where there is no law then there is no sin. We are given the definition of what sin is in Gods word and the definition says that sin is the transgression of Gods law and where there is no law ,then there is no sin. So according to your quote of James 4:17 then should wecall thisoneof those contradictions that some say the Bible is full of?
Yes there was Gods Law because the children of israel had been in egypt for 400 years God had to make it known to them.

The consequences of sin his death. God til Adam and eve in the day you eat of the tree of knowledge you will surely die. At that point in time Gods law was made known to Adam and Eve.

(James 1:15 KJV) Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> We'll just say that it's just yet another one of those seemingly mis-understood contradictions that is written in scripture.By the way Adam and Eve DID NOT bring sin into the world....Satan did.
I can only show you the truth from God's Word...you have a God given right to reject His teaching....

BTW...When Moses killed the Egyptian...he fled into exile for 40 years before God called on him to save His people from slavery...

If he did not know he had done an evil and unrighteous thing....why did he run????
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Then what do we do with Romans4:15?
That is referring to the children of promise by faith we are Abrahams seed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well I'll say that Adam and Eve had the law not to "touch" the forbidden fruit. When they disobeyed God and touched the forbidden fruit then THEY SINNED for God had given them a law not to touch that fruit so when they touched the fruit they transgressed Gods law which technically is the definition of sin. There is still no evidence that they had been told not to murder.
By the way it wasn't fruit that they ate or touched. What they did had nothing to dowith eating some forbidden produce.
I do not find the words "forbidden fruit" in my Bible...

I do find:
And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:{thou...: Heb. eating thou shalt eat}
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.{thou shalt surely...: Heb. dying thou shalt die}

After they ate of the tree of knowledge...they knew good and evil....they would know that murder is evil....and as parents, they taught their children about good and evil..

evil - definition of evil by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus
www.thefreedictionary.com/evil
evildoing, transgression - the act of transgressing; the violation of a law or a duty or moral principle;

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
All you did is regurgitate your projections. You still have not addressed Steve Rays point or any of mine for that matter. Call no man Rabbi. I dont accept your title of Doctors (teachers) either. Those are man made titles teaching every wave of doctrine. I am sure the Pope believes he is God since you have concluded thus. He couldnt be a humble servant of God as he said. No, that wouldnt fit your portrait. He couldnt be consecrated to God. No Its odd that you have the authority to say who is Christian and who is not, and all is clear. Your personal validation is required thanks for clearing that up. Good night Indeed.
-
Dust Storm: "I dont accept your title of Doctors (teachers) either. Those are man made titles teaching every wave of doctrine."
-
You have to be kidding. I KNOW you are kidding. When you have to call the hospital and speak with a doctor ... what do you call them? So in your using an argument like this, it means you are losing the argument and are grasping at straws.
-
JESUS said ... JESUS HIMSELF SAID ... "Call no man your Father." and for the Pope to say it is OK means that the Pope feels he has the right to OVERTURN the very words of Jesus himself.
-
That doesn't in any way, shape, or form sound like the pope is *humble* to me ... not to mention THIS particular pope's proclivity to cover up the shenanigans of PEDOPHILES!!... that ain't humble Dust Storm ... it's not humble at all.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only show you the truth from God's Word...you have a God given right to reject His teaching....
BTW...When Moses killed the Egyptian...he fled into exile for 40 years before God called on him to save His people from slavery...
If he did not know he had done an evil and unrighteous thing....why did he run????
LOL,Moses wasn't running from God,Moses was running from Pharoah,LOL. Moses didn't know God when he slew that Egyptian NOR DID HE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT GODS LAW.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> We'll just say that it's just yet another one of those seemingly mis-understood contradictions that is written in scripture.By the way Adam and Eve DID NOT bring sin into the world....Satan did.
-
NO.
-
Satan did not bring evil into the world. Satan WAS evil.
-
By disobeying God, Adam and Eve brought sin into the world, because they 'chose' to obey Satan.
-
Had they rejected Satan's advances,*sin* would not have *entered* the world.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do find:
And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:{thou...: Heb. eating thou shalt eat}
Yet Most Christians say that they ate the "forbidden fruit" and many even say it was an apple,LOL,yet scripture says nothing of the kind about an apple or any other kind of fruit. As I stated, there is much confusion in Christianity.If I toldyou what really happened in the Garden of Eden it would cause you to stumble.

Many even believe that when Christ was born in Bethlehemthat the wisemen followed a star to find him yet that is physically impossible for if you try to follow a star you will be going in a circle basically because of the earth moving.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China!!!!????
Maybe you should make a trip to China and find out. Check on the price of rice whie your there to will ya.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
NO.
-
Satan did not bring evil into the world. Satan WAS evil.
-
By disobeying God, Adam and Eve brought sin into the world, because they 'chose' to obey Satan.
-
Had they rejected Satan's advances,*sin* would not have *entered* the world.
Then what you are basically saying is that God created Lucifer in sin. Sorry but Satan was not created as a sinful being,he became that way. Have you not read Ezekiel 28 along with other scriptures? Pride caused Lucifer to sin.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yet Most Christians say that they ate the "forbidden fruit" and many even say it was an apple,LOL,yet scripture says nothing of the kind about an apple or any other kind of fruit. As I stated, there is much confusion in Christianity.If I toldyou what really happened in the Garden of Eden it would cause you to stumble.
Many even believe that when Christ was born in Bethlehemthat the wisemen followed a star to find him yet that is physically impossible for if you try to follow a star you will be going in a circle basically because of the earth moving.
Read up on the fruits of the spirit/Holy Spirit then you might have a good idea what kind of fruits Satan had instore for them.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do find:
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.{thou shalt surely...: Heb. dying thou shalt die}
After they ate of the tree of knowledge...they knew good and evil....they would know that murder is evil....and as parents, they taught their children about good and evil..
evil - definition of evil by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus
www.thefreedictionary.com/evil
evildoing, transgression - the act of transgressing; the violation of a law or a duty or moral principle;
Oh they had the law not to eat of the tree of good and evil but where is the evidence that God them the law not to murder?

There is no evidence that He gave them that law against murder at that time and to say that He did then you are doing what the RCC is accused of doing and that is taking liberties with Gods word that they should not take.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 406,501 - 406,520 of529,969
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••