Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
406,461 - 406,480 of 532,518 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
And check out those outfits the big shots wear! Does Matt. 23:12 speak to them? What would they say if I walked in wearing that get up?!
Think they'd stone me?
The Word of God calls for a Change of Heart...

wearing special clothing does not Change the heart...

Mat_23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

JESUS SAID

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

___
The Change of the heart comes from being BORN OF THE SPIRIT

___
AND THIS IS THE INSTRUCTIONS....WAY TO BE BORN AGAIN,...

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9

==> That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.<==

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith,

Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
An interesting question.
We have never ad a retired pope in the age of modern papal vestments.
I know a retired bishop retains his mitre (you would call it his pointy hat), but I do not think a retired bishop carriesva crozier ( Sheperd-staff.)
.(I am going to have to look this up.)
It could be that he will continue with a white zucgetto (sp?) after retirement, or go to the red one worn by cardinals ( as he still is, technically,,), o adopt a color that signifies he retirement.(Grey?)
It'll all be very interesting.
Rob
IT appears that you pope has made a smart move...

He has made the decision to retire before he has come to the place

where they would euthanize him (as it is rumored) that has been done to

former popes...
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't every Christian a Saint?
Yes Sir we have already gave them scripture for that as well.

God Bless
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad it has been a long time since we talked. It is good to hear from you. He is the first in over 600 years to retire. I felt that he was a good and holy Pope. I have been off the topix for a long time. I am now in SoCal and enjoying my granddaughters.
You are a long time coming. Glad to hear from you.I remember we had some good talks in the past.Do you still visit Orthodox services? Robert F. is on here often,he has decided to follow Jesus,and that is so obvious in his postings.I know we were all concerned that he might remain in Islam,or become a non-Christian.But he has embraced the Cross,and that speaks volumes.

Yes I remember you mentioning their baptisms. You will not stay here long though,it is quite hot here at times.But you know,that back years when you were on here a lot,personal jabbs and negative remarks ran supreme over good dialogue.Keep enjoying SoCa and your granddaughters.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
Stephen Ray is not the final word on this one Dust Storm.I venture to say that one day when God judges all things,the RCC will have to answer for giving such a title to a man,especially when in the line of Popes,there were men bearing that title and bringing open and secret shame to the whole body of Christ.

Being obstinate about giving a title to a man,does not put the fear of God into me,nor should it have given that Phillipino cause to back down.Stephen Ray had the last word there in such a gathering,but he will stand before the GOD who SEES and give account to the false teaching he gave to 2000 plus people.

Holy Father is given to the One and Only Holy Father,GOD who is omnipotent,and omnipresent.We do not need a world leader who is called Holy Father,as though he were the only intercessor between God and Man.That is another way to look at such a title.Vicar of Christ,the Middle man as it were between the Living God and man on earth.The Father,Christ His Son,and the Holy Spirit are more than capable of running the Church themselves.we all are wanting when we assume that mere men should be given the opportunity to be the Middle man with lofty titles,that will be a judgment in the end!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
here is where HE failed. knowing that soemthing should have been done, and he knew for decades, yet he did nothing.

which make his tenure a complete dismal failure and for that God will remember him at his day of judgement.

Yet his papacy will be forever intertwined with the sex abuse scandal.

Over the course of just a few months in 2010, thousands of people in Europe, Australia, South America and beyond came forward with reports of priests who raped and molested them as children, and bishops who covered up the crimes.

Recommend Tweet Personal Post .Documents revealed that the Vatican knew well of the problem yet turned a blind eye for decades, at times rebuffing bishops who tried to do the right thing.

Benedict had firsthand knowledge of the scope of the problem since his old office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith which he had headed since 1982, was responsible for dealing with abuse cases.

He met with victims across the globe, wept with them and prayed with them. He promised that the church must “do everything possible” to ensure such crimes never happen again. The Vatican updated its legal code to extend the statute of limitations for cases and told bishops’ conferences around the world to come up with guidelines to prevent abuse.

But Benedict never admitted any personal or Vatican failure. Much to the dismay of victims, he never took action against bishops who ignored or covered up the abuse of their priests or moved known pedophiles to new posts where they abused again.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than type all the arguuments and counter-arguments, here is a quick link for you.
Once you have taken a look, any question you may still have, or ANY POINT YOU WISH TO DISPUTE (assuming good faith, of course, which you have to admit is generosity on my part) would be most welcome.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/call-no-man-fa...
The quickest answer in my own words would be that we are not to attribute to ANYONE what we should attribute to God alone.
I have once been called "God," and once "Jesus." Both times, I had a visceral reaction, and made pains to explain to the children who were confused that God is in Heaven, and I am NOT Him.
There ARE those who have taken for themselves what belongs to God. Sun Yung Moon was one, and Jim Jones was another. I am sure they are not unique examples.
I don't really care what people call me. Most adults I encourage to call me by my first name.((My exception to this is in the jail, where I insist on a ritle of respect, because it does not serve the inmates to continue to fail to recognize authority. They need to recognize it, and quickly, or they will have some serious peoblems relatingto the D.O.'s.) My experience with most of my brother priests is the same. It's not a point of Catholic doctrine ... I don't believe it appears ANYWHERE in the CCC, but rather, a title of affection and respect that has grown amongs the people abd their pastors, much like the relationship of Paul and Timothy.
Anti-Catholics seeem to feel they have found the pot of gold in this one. My response is that, if it were essential to the Catholic faith, they WOULD have the pot if gold they so deperately desire.
But if every Catholic stopped using e title "father" tomorrow, the faith of the Church and its Teaching would be completely unaffected.
I consider a difference that makes no diference to be no difference.
YMMV.
Rob
The feeling I have after reading the link is similar to the feeling I had after I received my first paycheck this year. I had felt cautiously assured that I would see no tax increase based on my salary level but after the first of the year the amount on my check decreased. After receiving the smaller check I once again hear that I've not experienced a tax increase.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, some would.
Remember that fool of a "minister" from a couplebyears ago, who was promoting a public burning of the Quran?
The State Department and the Pentagon had to beg him not to do this, because of the number of innocents who would likely die in the riots he was trying to incite.
I deal with Muslims from time to time in the city/county jail. Sometimes, they ask me to get them a Quran.
I have gone out of my way to learn the proper etiquette for this. I should not hold the Quran with just one hand, and ESPECIALLY not with just the left hand (which would be seen as a deliberate insult). Strictly speaking, I'm not supposed to touch it at all, but I cannot get around that, except that Muslim leaders have stated that a wrapped Quran may be touched by non-Muslims, if there is need. So I get a plastic wrapped Quran from the local mosque.
Why go to such trouble, if I do not believe in the Quran?
The princilpe is very simple. How would I want a Muslim chaplain, here or in any country, to treat a request for the Bible? Would I want him to show respect to the person who requested it, and be respectful in filling the request?
Of course I would.
Therefore, based in the teaching of Jesus,*I* should show the respect I would like shown the Bible.
If I gave an Imam a gift such as a Bible for his livrary, I would hope he would honor and respect my gift. If one gave me a Quran, I would honor and respect the gift. I don't know that I would kissthe book, but then, I don't have access to a group of experts in foreign relations and smbolism to advise me on how my response would play on international television, so I'm not about to criticize Benedict on this one.
Many of the folks here, on receiving the gift of a Quran from a devout Muslim, would spit upon it, throw it on the ground and grind it underfoot, or look for some other way to express their contemp.
By doing so, they woukd guarantee that at a minimum, one soul would be lost forever to Christ, and probably many.
They would feel proud, and Satan would no doubt be deeply proud of them.
But I am convinced Jesus would weep.
Rob
It was John Paul 2 who kissed the Qu'ran given to him by a leading Imam,@ the interfaith senate or composium in Assisi,Italy.

I would think that the advice to kiss the Qu'ran was really bad,he of course should accept the book,and treat it with reapsect as you said,you did in regards to Muslim prisoners in need of their book.A Christian prelate kissing any book of other religions does show that the prelate in fact supports that the religion and the book are valid before both the world and God.Kissing it shows an intimacy of reassuring full acceptance.

I would not desecrate the book,as I have one here in my home and used it as a resource.But I again would not k i s s it in front of a Muslim to give him or her the ultimate show of affection for such a contemptible false document.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Stephen Ray is not the final word on this one Dust Storm.I venture to say that one day when God judges all things,the RCC will have to answer for giving such a title to a man,especially when in the line of Popes,there were men bearing that title and bringing open and secret shame to the whole body of Christ.
Being obstinate about giving a title to a man,does not put the fear of God into me,nor should it have given that Phillipino cause to back down.Stephen Ray had the last word there in such a gathering,but he will stand before the GOD who SEES and give account to the false teaching he gave to 2000 plus people.
Holy Father is given to the One and Only Holy Father,GOD who is omnipotent,and omnipresent.We do not need a world leader who is called Holy Father,as though he were the only intercessor between God and Man.That is another way to look at such a title.Vicar of Christ,the Middle man as it were between the Living God and man on earth.The Father,Christ His Son,and the Holy Spirit are more than capable of running the Church themselves.we all are wanting when we assume that mere men should be given the opportunity to be the Middle man with lofty titles,that will be a judgment in the end!
LOL...This is your idea of being open minded. You are such a phony. I couldnt stand you from the beginning because I saw right through you. Pope Benedict is a very humble man and he doesnt think he is God the Father but you can add that to your list of things you have you have never understood about the church that you are an expert on. Honestly I cant imagine a Catholic more clueless than you on the faith. Did you respond to his statement? No, you just rattled off a bunch of hostility that has nothing to do with your projections. Look up what the Jewish Encyclopedia says about binding and loosing. I have no intention of dealing with a windbag like you. Maybe you can mock your dead brother a little more being such a great Christian as you are it always seems to make you feel better. After all its Catholics who pick on the Protestants as you say you are all just balls of joy as can be seen. lol
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The feeling I have after reading the link is similar to the feeling I had after I received my first paycheck this year. I had felt cautiously assured that I would see no tax increase based on my salary level but after the first of the year the amount on my check decreased. After receiving the smaller check I once again hear that I've not experienced a tax increase.
Your feelings and projections are not a serious response or intellectual rebuttal to the points made. Pray and reflect on it.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Robert Dye wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than type all the arguuments and counter-arguments, here is a quick link for you.
Once you have taken a look, any question you may still have, or ANY POINT YOU WISH TO DISPUTE (assuming good faith, of course, which you have to admit is generosity on my part) would be most welcome.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/call-no-man-fa...
The quickest answer in my own words would be that we are not to attribute to ANYONE what we should attribute to God alone.
I have once been called "God," and once "Jesus." Both times, I had a visceral reaction, and made pains to explain to the children who were confused that God is in Heaven, and I am NOT Him.
There ARE those who have taken for themselves what belongs to God. Sun Yung Moon was one, and Jim Jones was another. I am sure they are not unique examples.
I don't really care what people call me. Most adults I encourage to call me by my first name.((My exception to this is in the jail, where I insist on a ritle of respect, because it does not serve the inmates to continue to fail to recognize authority. They need to recognize it, and quickly, or they will have some serious peoblems relatingto the D.O.'s.) My experience with most of my brother priests is the same. It's not a point of Catholic doctrine ... I don't believe it appears ANYWHERE in the CCC, but rather, a title of affection and respect that has grown amongs the people abd their pastors, much like the relationship of Paul and Timothy.
Anti-Catholics seeem to feel they have found the pot of gold in this one. My response is that, if it were essential to the Catholic faith, they WOULD have the pot if gold they so deperately desire.
But if every Catholic stopped using e title "father" tomorrow, the faith of the Church and its Teaching would be completely unaffected.
I consider a difference that makes no diference to be no difference.
YMMV.
Rob
-
Yet another LONG drawn out explanation attempting to convince everyone that Jesus DID NOT *REALLY* MEAN WHAT HE SAID and that it's OK to follow what the Pope said and do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what Jesus said.

1) Jesus *SAID* what he said. "CALL NO MAN YOUR FATHER."

2) Jesus *MEANT* what he said. "CALL NO MAN YOUR FATHER."

Then, of course, there is part of your argument making the point that *IF* the Catholic church stopped this tomorrow *NOTHING* would change in the church. You can publicly make that statement and not be challenged on it, because YOU know the church will not outlaw the use of its title of veneration ... and therefore you can be confident it cannot be tested in the *real* world. So it is nothing more than a transparent argument meant to make parishioners feel good and not look deeper into the Word of God for real answers.

But, yes, I do agree with your statement:

""But if every Catholic stopped using e title "father" tomorrow, the faith of the Church and its Teaching would be completely unaffected.
I consider a difference that makes no diference to be no difference.""

It really makes no difference whether they call you Father or not ... because the Catholic church is SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH that cleaning up that one "little" error will not make any difference at all. It wouldn't even scratch the surface.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>here is where HE failed. knowing that soemthing should have been done, and he knew for decades, yet he did nothing.
Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you also be like unto him.

Proverbs 23:9 Do not speak to a fool, for he will scorn the wisdom of your words.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the article the priest gave to you,it was very good I thought,and well written.I do not have a real problem with calling father Dye,(father),but that is out of respect for the title given him to be a leader ofa spiritual community.I would rather call him brother so and so.

Nevertheless I always thought it interestin when Jesus told his disciples"That he who does the will of My Father in heaven,is my brother,sister and mother."

Notice he never says in any gospel"that he who does the will of my Father in heaven,is my brother,sister,mother and father." It is my opinion,that Jesus tried to bring home the clear thought that God His Father,and is the only one we as believers should call Father.It is a purpose with the Son to bring beleivers to that ultimate place where only God is their heavenly Father,and to trust Him as their Father no matter what they experience in this world.

Jesus often taught with the point of what was obvious at that moment,and what would be that which was to come in the futre tense of serving and loving the Creator,as Father above all else.

That is why I beleive it is a sin to call the Pope the Holy Father,because it is a detriment to the relationship we are all suppose to have with the only Holy Father,God,The Supreme Being in the Godhead.The whole concept of Father and relationship with Him requires us to forsake man as being our source.God wants to be our only SOURCE.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...This is your idea of being open minded. You are such a phony. I couldnt stand you from the beginning because I saw right through you. Pope Benedict is a very humble man and he doesnt think he is God the Father but you can add that to your list of things you have you have never understood about the church that you are an expert on. Honestly I cant imagine a Catholic more clueless than you on the faith. Did you respond to his statement? No, you just rattled off a bunch of hostility that has nothing to do with your projections. Look up what the Jewish Encyclopedia says about binding and loosing. I have no intention of dealing with a windbag like you. Maybe you can mock your dead brother a little more being such a great Christian as you are it always seems to make you feel better. After all its Catholics who pick on the Protestants as you say you are all just balls of joy as can be seen. lol
Stephen Ray like you,thinks that you have the final word on the subject.Calling your pope the Holy Father diminishes and takes away from the only Source,for humans to put their trust in.You can throw you little digs at me,and call me names,and consider me a waste of your time.But the truth of the matter is that the Bible is the final authority on matters that concern God,His Son and the Holy Spirit.

In the Bible the Source of all truth and trust is God the Father,and He alone earns and is the Holy Father,not a sinful man.Do you call Jesus the Holy Father? Jesus told us how to pray to His Father,I would assume from the Scriptures that Jesus wanted us to know only ONE Holy and Heavenly Father,far be it that a m a n should be given His title.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I read the article the priest gave to you,it was very good I thought,and well written.I do not have a real problem with calling father Dye,(father),but that is out of respect for the title given him to be a leader ofa spiritual community.I would rather call him brother so and so.
Nevertheless I always thought it interestin when Jesus told his disciples"That he who does the will of My Father in heaven,is my brother,sister and mother."
Notice he never says in any gospel"that he who does the will of my Father in heaven,is my brother,sister,mother and father." It is my opinion,that Jesus tried to bring home the clear thought that God His Father,and is the only one we as believers should call Father.It is a purpose with the Son to bring beleivers to that ultimate place where only God is their heavenly Father,and to trust Him as their Father no matter what they experience in this world.
Jesus often taught with the point of what was obvious at that moment,and what would be that which was to come in the futre tense of serving and loving the Creator,as Father above all else.
That is why I beleive it is a sin to call the Pope the Holy Father,because it is a detriment to the relationship we are all suppose to have with the only Holy Father,God,The Supreme Being in the Godhead.The whole concept of Father and relationship with Him requires us to forsake man as being our source.God wants to be our only SOURCE.
Jn 8:56 Your Father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad."

Jesus called Abraham Father. Too bad you werent there to correct him. You ignored the biblical texts given and ignore what Jesus was saying. Your only source is your personal opinion of that which you choose to believe.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's a new year, and as much as I love the gentle and brilliant Pope Benedict, I understand why he's ready to pass the keys, so we will have a new Holy Father. I think of the scene in Star Wars where Obi Wan is battling the dark lord Vader, glances over and sees Luke is going to escape in order to save the rebellion and decides his job is done. lol.
Anyway, I'm moving over to the Catholic Answers forum, just signed up today. Hope to see you there!
God Bless you.
Tony
Great place for you tony,you can expound all you want,the non-Catholics who raise any type of questions and respond with any intelligence are thrown off as quickly as they joined.You will be preaching to the choir.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Stephen Ray like you,thinks that you have the final word on the subject.Calling your pope the Holy Father diminishes and takes away from the only Source,for humans to put their trust in.You can throw you little digs at me,and call me names,and consider me a waste of your time.But the truth of the matter is that the Bible is the final authority on matters that concern God,His Son and the Holy Spirit.
In the Bible the Source of all truth and trust is God the Father,and He alone earns and is the Holy Father,not a sinful man.Do you call Jesus the Holy Father? Jesus told us how to pray to His Father,I would assume from the Scriptures that Jesus wanted us to know only ONE Holy and Heavenly Father,far be it that a m a n should be given His title.
Nobody believes the Pope is God. No Pope tells anyone to Worship anyone other than God. Try reading the Creed as I know you are the Catholic and Jewish Expert. lol You making things up that have no basis in fact are not truths. The END

Sorry but the Apostles were Holy men. Ye be Holy For I am holy. Saints are Holy. All are sinners. You didnt address his point. Holy does not mean sinless in context. Your projections do not make it mean what you want it to mean out of malice. Call No man Teacher Doctor Dan. lol. Hallmark would be pretty upset if Fathers Day had to be changed to fit your doctrines. Also Jesus should have said Honor thy Father and they Mother was a mistake that Moses chiseled.:0

The bible tells you all and that is why you people are all over the place each one having more authority than any Pope has ever had as if you are ALL God with your infallible truths.
7th Day Catholic Rocks

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Jn 8:56 Your Father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad."
Jesus called Abraham Father. Too bad you werent there to correct him. You ignored the biblical texts given and ignore what Jesus was saying. Your only source is your personal opinion of that which you choose to believe.
Great Grandfather like 28 generations back or something along that count and yes they referred to the Grandfather or uncle simply as Father.

One is not t call a rabbi or minister father however.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
I'm being asked to leave? You just answered my questions for me...
If you can see words in the following that says you are being asked to leave, that will explain why you don't understand squat about anything!!!!

Quote: 726

I ignored them because they are not on this thread...if you want to...start a new thread...will be most happy to discuss your questions...
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a big difference from calling a man Holy Father,or Pontificus Maximus.Holy Pontiff,and whatever title of a supreme nature.God the Father is our only Source,and no man on this planet can take the place of J E S U S who alone stands as the Redeemer,and Intercessor to the Father.I don't have to correct Jesus,and never have I ever felt that I dsagreed with Him.

He did not call Peter any of the titles the RCC gives the Pope,Peter was an Apostle,which as you know means Shepherd.

The Bible is clear on the relationship Jesus had with His disciples,and especially Peter.So there is nothing that even relates to the Pontifical Office of the Papacy in that relationship Jesus had with Peter and the other Apostles.He said they would be lambs amongst wolves,they would be hated as He was hated.

Abraham was the father of the Hebrew Nation,and Jesus declares His own relationship to that as a Jew.Sorry Dust Storm your reasoning falls short,because frankly you have bought into the idea that man's tradition comes first than the Word of God comes second,oh because Jesus didn't tell us to write a book,or that He did nto establish a book but a church.

The Jews had the Torah,and the Prophets,and the Psalms,and the Lord Jesus made it quite obvious through the Holy Spirit that we should have the Gospels,the Epistles and the book of Revelation along with the OLD Covenant of the Torah,Prophets and the Psalms. I think God is telling us somethin,and it is in His W o r d.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Married in 8,121
More 8 hr True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... 8 hr Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 9 hr ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••